PDA

View Full Version : Why no demo yet in the UK and Europe like US?

gaiking2003
13th May 2009, 11:58
[QUOTE=Keir;990186]It's from the kiosk demo that's been available to play in retail outlets the US.

Keir can i ask why the US get kiosk demo to play
and us in the UK and Europe gets nothing
thats sound a bit unfair to me
it seems to me that the US get everything first and we get it later or not at all

i think its time for the people of UK and Europe to stand up and demand
a demo like the US

POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 12:07
Life suck's. The end.

Darkwing_Duck
13th May 2009, 12:19
I would love one. But as Kai Rei stated, life sucks.

SammiiDoogles
13th May 2009, 12:28
Stop blaming eidos. Blame our sh***y government here in the UK, we cant have it because of the age rating.
Because y'know, a child could play it and become a psychopathic serial killer... -_-

Keir
13th May 2009, 12:43
The rating in the UK meant it's pretty much impossible to get in stores.

And the fact that life sucks.

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 13:30
Stop blaming eidos. Blame our sh***y government here in the UK, we cant have it because of the age rating.
Because y'know, a child could play it and become a psychopathic serial killer... -_-

Quite ridiculous really, considering the government have psychopathic serial killer's in the army. [anybody, don't f**king argue with me, you know it's true to a degree]

Chimaera
13th May 2009, 13:32
Quite ridiculous really, considering the government have psychopathic serial killer's in the army. [anybody, don't f**king argue with me, you know it's true to a degree]

I'm going to argue, half my family's in the forces, and that's without a doubt the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

CaptainMcMulla
13th May 2009, 13:35
Maybe thats why the release date might be earlier than the US

Drazar
13th May 2009, 13:35

Generalizing things isn't going to help you at all. ;/

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 14:04
I'm going to argue, half my family's in the forces, and that's without a doubt the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Doubt it. If it was the stupidist thing you'd ever heard, you would have ignored it.

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 14:06
Generalizing things isn't going to help you at all. ;/

Do you ever mind your own business?

Drazar
13th May 2009, 14:10

Public forum is a public forum. I am as much allowed to post my opinions as anyone here is, im just giving a fair reminder to you that Generalizing things isn't going to help you anywhere.

VXR
13th May 2009, 14:13

no he doesnt, and it seems unless you are 100% on his side and agree with his all mighty thoughts, your a sub human.

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 14:16
Public forum is a public forum. I am as much allowed to post my opinions as anyone here is, im just giving a fair reminder to you that Generalizing things isn't going to help you anywhere.

No s**t it's not going to help me. I go to meditation course's when I feel I need help with something. And just because it's a public forum, doesn't necessarily mean you can just but-in to a conversation between me and Chimaera and tell somebody they need help when you don't even know them.

Drazar
13th May 2009, 14:17
No s**t it's not going to help me. I go to meditation course's when I feel I need help with something. And just because it's a public forum, doesn't necessarily mean you can just but-in to a conversation between me and Chimaera and tell somebody they need help when you don't even know them.

If you wanted to keep it private, you send a private message. ;) I am allowed as much as anyone is to post on these public forums, there are no rules againts it. ;) So if you don't mind, just go and private message chimaera to keep it private.

BatNipples
13th May 2009, 14:21
i think it is coming out here before the us. the full game i mean. hell im still waiting to play the wolverine demo which is available in the us aboot a month ago

Keir
13th May 2009, 14:23
Hmm, can I suggest you guys take this to private message. Please try and keep the thread on topic. Thanks.

joker4eva
13th May 2009, 14:57
U think u would be use to waiting for things by now. The uk sucks

VXR
13th May 2009, 15:12
there is no demo yet................ because EIDOS hates us all.

well, there IS a demo......... but YOU all arent allowed to play it, unless you drive to some mall and HOPE it might be there, and provided you live in ONE country in the world...,

;)

Silent Knight
13th May 2009, 15:20

well, there IS a demo......... but YOU all arent allowed to play it, unless you drive to some mall and HOPE it might be there, and provided you live in ONE country in the world...,

;)

:lol:

You never cease to amaze me.. So here are some flowers! :flowers:

Turn and Face the Strange
13th May 2009, 15:41
The rating in the UK meant it's pretty much impossible to get in stores.

And the fact that life sucks.

To Hell with stores, what about PSN/Live?!? The age ratings of games don't prohibit the online distribution of demos (judging from the demos already on the Store/Marketplace). I mean, if the Chronicles of Rid****: Dark Athena can get a demo online, why can't Arkham Asylum?

*crawls back to corner to pray for Invisible Predator demo*

AND ANOTHER THING!
Life doesn't suck. It blows.
Although personally I don't see the difference, as long as it's no more than £10.

ANOTHER EDIT:
Hahahahahha!!!! I can't even type Rid**** without the censor going bat**** on me! (see what I did there?)

Drazar
13th May 2009, 15:42
To Hell with stores, what about PSN/Live?!? The age ratings of games don't prohibit the online distribution of demos (judging from the demos already on the Store/Marketplace). I mean, if the Chronicles of Rid****: Dark Athena can get a demo online, why can't Arkham Asylum?

*crawls back to corner to pray for Invisible Predator demo*

No announcement yet, and they usually come 2-4 weeks before the launch.

Keir
13th May 2009, 15:46

;)

Au contraire! Eidos loves you. None so more than me. I have a reservoir of love for you.

It wasn impossible to put in shops in the EU due to the age rating and laws I'm afraid. I know it sucks :(

AND ANOTHER THING!
Life doesn't suck. It blows.
Although personally I don't see the difference, as long as it's no more than £10.

You seem like a glass half empty kind of guy. A little patience now will be rewarded eventually - and whatever happens B:AA will kick arse when it eventually comes.

13th May 2009, 15:47
No announcement yet, and they usually come 2-4 weeks before the launch.

Cool!

Hold on...

*does math in head*

AW!!!

13th May 2009, 15:49
You seem like a glass half empty kind of guy. A little patience now will be rewarded eventually - and whatever happens B:AA will kick arse when it eventually comes.

Oh, I've got no doubt about that! Just the WAIT that's getting to me already!

Dark Knight Detective
13th May 2009, 16:29
Well I suppose Batman isn't really a kiddie hero, despite there LEGO: Batman *shudders* At last a Batman game for the more mature gamer that isn't dumbed down for children (Well since Batman Begins which was also pretty awesome :thumb:)

DarkKnightDanny
13th May 2009, 16:40

sorry its not my conversation,but i felt insulted by what you said. i have family in the forces in the middle east as we speak,im dreading a phone call form someone telling me that somethings happened. whats it all for? for people back home to say the armys full of psyco murderers.
not good to post somethign like that.

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 16:45
sorry its not my conversation,but i felt insulted by what you said. i have family in the forces in the middle east as we speak,im dreading a phone call form someone telling me that somethings happened. whats it all for? for people back home to say the armys full of psyco murderers.
not good to post somethign like that.

Why is it not good to post something like that?

I mean, surely the army isn't full of murderer's, right? So it's ok?

Aside from that: LET'S DROP THIS OR TAKE IT TO PM'S LIKE KEIR ASKED.

I'm too lazy to respond to PM's btw. :)

13th May 2009, 16:55
Why is it not good to post something like that?

I mean, surely the army isn't full of murderer's, right? So it's ok?

Aside from that: LET'S DROP THIS OR TAKE IT TO PM'S LIKE KEIR ASKED.

I'm too lazy to respond to PM's btw. :)

Sorry to butt in, and sorry to add to an arguement that's not mine, but from a certain point of view, isn't every soldier (at least, the armed forces) murderers? Killing enemy troops? Sure, they're the goddamn army fighting goddamn wars, but when you think about it, it's still murdering someone else.

Chimaera
13th May 2009, 17:04
Sorry to butt in, and sorry to add to an arguement that's not mine, but from a certain point of view, isn't every soldier (at least, the armed forces) murderers? Killing enemy troops? Sure, they're the goddamn army fighting goddamn wars, but when you think about it, it's still murdering someone else.

Nope, no court in the world would ever condemn the killing of an enemy combatant as murder, only civilians.

VXR
13th May 2009, 17:09
Au contraire! Eidos loves you. None so more than me. I have a reservoir of love for you.
A little patience now will be rewarded eventually - and whatever happens B:AA will kick arse when it eventually comes.

well, thanks.... now please go in the main office of eidos, grab the head muckity muck by the shirt collar, and scream WHEN IS THE DEMO COMING TO THIS INCREDIBLY HOT LADY, I JUST TOLD I LOVED '

then get back to me

thank you :D

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 17:09
Nope, no court in the world would ever condemn the killing of an enemy combatant as murder, only civilians.

Well that's because their full of it.

If any human being kill's another human being intentionally, they become a murderer, even if it's just for that one time.

Somebody is still being killed. [Italic's are great]

We're probably going to get into trouble with Keir if this goes on. It's a Batman board, not a board on kiler's.

Sorry Keir, for all this crap.

Chimaera
13th May 2009, 17:15
No it's not, murder is a legal term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder

"Exclusions:
Killing of enemy combatants by lawful combatants in accordance with lawful orders in war, although illicit killings within a war may constitute murder or homicidal war crimes. (see the Laws of war article)"

Apologies aswell Keir.

Silent Knight
13th May 2009, 17:19

Like Duke Nukem Forever that was EVENTUALLY supposed to come out...?

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 17:21
What is Law? A book of paper's and some check's, both made from tree bark?

A human life still get's taken away from them. That's the point, and it make's the man a murderer, to a degree depending if he kill's a man once or kill's people all the time.

Edit: I'm going to leave this thread alone I think, or else I'm going to be banned for argueing. It might be a good idea if we all do the same. These type's of discussion's just lead to arguement's.

Chimaera
13th May 2009, 17:24
"Murder, as defined in common law countries, is the unlawful killing of another human being with intent (or malice aforethought), and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide"

Murder of an enemy combatant in war is not unlawful, you cannot be prosecuted for it.

I can't make this any simpler.

Drazar
13th May 2009, 17:27
Like Duke Nukem Forever that was EVENTUALLY supposed to come out...?

I love it how you compare a PC game to a console game's development which has demos in US and whatnot.:rolleyes: (Yes i know there is a PC port but its a port to the PC so yeah)

Darkwing_Duck
13th May 2009, 17:34
Well, we now know why we don't have one in the UK.
So I personally will be going to see Gordon Brown and give him a swift five across the face. Although I heard looking into his one functioning eye causes you to go paralytic.

Pwz41
13th May 2009, 17:38
no he doesnt, and it seems unless you are 100% on his side and agree with his all mighty thoughts, your a sub human.

LOL, I think I shredded him pretty well in the Dark Night Critique thread:rasp:, he would definately say otherwise though... :mad2:

Just a fair reminder :lol:

DarkKnightDanny
13th May 2009, 17:41
LOL, I think I shredded him pretty well in the Dark Night Critique thread:rasp:, he would definately say otherwise though... :mad2:

Just a fair reminder :lol:

no you didnt lol,you both were going nowhere

Pwz41
13th May 2009, 17:43
no you didnt lol,you both were going nowhere

Disagree

Kai Rei
13th May 2009, 17:57
Well, we now know why we don't have one in the UK.
So I personally will be going to see Gordon Brown and give him a swift five across the face. Although I heard looking into his one functioning eye causes you to go paralytic.

Apparently Gordan's non-functioning eye is the "All Seeing Eye"... Or atleast it would be if it wasn't sideward's, upside-down and back-to-front.

CaptainMcMulla
13th May 2009, 19:44
I didnt have much interest in this game before as i wouldve rather seen a dk game of the movie. But because Eidos kept on releasing teasing videos and screenshots it caught my eye and now im eagerly waiting for it thats the hardest part of course. We all need to be patient and as Keir says when this game will come out it will kick ass. we will soon get a demo just stop asking Keir every week but i do believe that we will hear a demo announcement come start of June.

Drazar
13th May 2009, 19:48
I didnt have much interest in this game before as i wouldve rather seen a dk game of the movie. But because Eidos kept on releasing teasing videos and screenshots it caught my eye and now im eagerly waiting for it thats the hardest part of course. We all need to be patient and as Keir says when this game will come out it will kick ass. we will soon get a demo just stop asking Keir every week but i do believe that we will hear a demo announcement come start of June.

While TDK would have had interesting vehicles and gadgets, i don't think the fact the movie would have practically had Two-Face and Joker as the main villains, and perhaps some other thugs as "nolanish" image, well Batman Begins didn't have that AFAIK so i doubt the game would have lived the exceptitions tbh. I think the comic license allows Batman game to be 100% Batman to anyone. From comic lovers to the cartoon to the movie. :)

xKILLINGxJOKERx
13th May 2009, 22:03
right i've had it, message to Eidos if batman demo is not released soon then many people are going to die, and i mean loadssssss!!!!!!, yeah its time for the threats
:rasp:

on a saner note plz can we have a demo soon, with love
xxx

CrashxUae
13th May 2009, 22:20
Guys what do you Think about this picture ?

I take it from BatmanArkhamAsylum.blogspot.com !

http://up.arab-x.com/pic/hTE53280.jpg

I think They mean it's Will come to PSN !

Darkwing_Duck
13th May 2009, 22:28
Guys what do you Think about this picture ?

I take it from BatmanArkhamAsylum.blogspot.com !

I think They mean it's Will come to PSN !

Oh yeah, 'cause that looks really official.
Don't know about you, but I'm gonna follow what Eidos themselves actually say. Since y'know, they're making the game and everything...

Abeja
13th May 2009, 22:32
See how its say Lens of Truth? Thats the video i think Sammi or someone posted in the gametrailers preview. Hopefully it does mean a demo but i doubt it.