PDA

View Full Version : Thief RELEASE DATE - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mshade
12th May 2009, 16:31
Thief IV was apparently only approved a couple weeks ago and I believe that it is currently in the preproduction stage of development. Eidos Montreal is still hiring for the game which means a couple of things straight off the bat.

1. No showing at E3 or TGS this year. (It`s too soon and the only thing they could possibly show is a rendered cutscene or trailers with no gameplay whatsoever)

2. At the very least not released until the end of 2011. (At the very least. A game of this scope is probably going to take realistically 2-4 years to make based on that all textures and animations will have to built from the ground up. Give or take more or less time depending if they use an engine already in existence or create one.

I think it will be a good year and a half from now until we see actual gameplay footage.

Depending on how long the game takes to come out I don`t even know if it will come out on Xbox 360 and PS3. Because with the technological advancements of the PC every year Eidos will probably be using state-of-the-art new technology that might be to powerful for the Xbox 360 or PS3. This is what happened to Thief: Deadly Shadows which partially explains why the Xbox port sucks compared to the PC version. I`d be willing to bet if this game isn`t out in the next 3 years that it will be on the next-generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles.

All in all, I`m going to guess we see this game on store shelves mid 2012.
How long do you think it will take to come out of the shadows

Thievingtaffer
12th May 2009, 16:34
As long as it needs.

Necros
12th May 2009, 16:59
All in all, I`m going to guess we see this game on store shelves mid 2012.
I'd say late 2012.

As long as it needs.
:thumb:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th May 2009, 17:16
Absolutely no rush... we want a masterpiece, not a quick sketch. :D

rezorrand
12th May 2009, 21:15
I'd could wait for this a long time. As long as it stands up to the possible hype it generates. Or no hype at all, catching us all completely unaware, don't know which is better.

Like Thievingtaffer said, as long as it needs.

UrUkUs
12th May 2009, 21:40
at russian games soundtrack website i found release date (http://www.game-ost.ru/games.php?id=884), it says 13 november 2010, this is well know site, so i don't think they need to post fakes. But something says me, it comes to stores 3Q 2011.

Direlord
12th May 2009, 22:41
This is pretty early in the cycle for a game to be announced so i wonder just how much has been done already or not.

While I hope they do the it'll be out when its ready I do also hope they at least have concepts with the story and art in the works as well as decided on an engine.

Nate
12th May 2009, 22:47
Yeah, I would rather they take their time and get it right....So, please don't rush it on my account.

CurtX
12th May 2009, 22:53
Deadly Shadows certainly took its time. Look how that turned out. Or look at DNF. Having alot of time doesn't guarantee a better game. Just having a tight team of quality people is the key.

Nate
12th May 2009, 22:59
Don't forget fan input!

maddermadcat
13th May 2009, 00:02
Deadly Shadows certainly took its time. Look how that turned out. Or look at DNF.

I recall seeing some gameplay footage (in the form of one of the artists' demo reels) and quite honestly, DNF looks excellent. I also heard it might be picked up by another studio to be completed. Potentially not that good for the game, but at least it'll see the light of day. :)

GmanPro
13th May 2009, 06:30
My guess is that it will be out in a little less than three years from now. So maybe early 2012

GmanPro
13th May 2009, 08:15
Eidos Montreal announced Deus Ex 3 about nine months too soon imo, and from what I've seen so far, I think they may have repeated their error with Thief 4. There should at least be a teaser trailer and some conceptual art by the time of announcement if you ask me.

We'll know better where these games stand come E3. Even if Thief 4 doesn't make an appearance at all, because that tells you so much about how far they are with it.

KharN
13th May 2009, 12:25
Thief 4 prob will make an appearance.. not as anything to show but at least as an announcment to create a buzz about it.

Necros
13th May 2009, 14:44
Deadly Shadows certainly took its time. Look how that turned out. Or look at DNF. Having alot of time doesn't guarantee a better game. Just having a tight team of quality people is the key.
You have a point but don't forget that time is very important too. You can have the best team but if you don't have enough time to finish the game properly, you'll end up with a messed up product. See KOTOR 2 for example, a very good team was working on it but Lucas Arts didn't give them nearly enough time, so the game wasn't really finished and they had to cut a lot of stuff... I'd rather wait longer than see that kind of ***** happen again.

Direlord
13th May 2009, 14:55
Eidos Montreal announced Deus Ex 3 about nine months too soon imo, and from what I've seen so far, I think they may have repeated their error with Thief 4. There should at least be a teaser trailer and some conceptual art by the time of announcement if you ask me.

We'll know better where these games stand come E3. Even if Thief 4 doesn't make an appearance at all, because that tells you so much about how far they are with it.

personally i don't think a game should even be announced till at least early alpha stage.

Maybe the early announcement is to help show the game has support and a major following to secure funding.

Spider Tombs
13th May 2009, 16:12
we can wait taffer................we can wait.

acridrose
13th May 2009, 16:16
"When are they gonna bring me my dinner, that's what I wanna know! when are they gonna bring me my dinner?" - hehe :D

nitrogav
18th Sep 2009, 19:50
Just been looking on play.com , came across an interesting snipet , no.95th of upcoming titles THIEF 4 release date 26/03/2010 !! . Anybody know if this is true ? . Lets hope so :) , NOW LISTED AS 28/10/2011 , seems more like it

Yaphy
18th Sep 2009, 19:53
I dont hope so. If it is it would probably be a bad game.

Hypevosa
18th Sep 2009, 20:05
yeah, if it's coming out in less than half a year, they either have been working on it for well over a year/2 years, or the game will suck... alot...

Hypevosa
18th Sep 2009, 20:07
oh god he's right... it is listed...

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=gameall&searchstring=thief&page=search&pa=search&go.x=0&go.y=0

PLEASE just be stupid marketing...

On a side note, "Thief Complete Collection" makes me rather happy, especially since it has Tgold included with it. I might contemplate sucking some other friends into the world of the taffers (I have one playing the first 2 games as is)

Pieter888
18th Sep 2009, 20:56
Awesome! I didn't know a core team of professionals could release a game so quick. what long has it been since announcement?

I'm used to waiting a VERY long time for games to release, Look at the company valve for example.
On one hand, I hope this information is correct.
On the other hand, did they even have time to polish it? please let there be an explanation for this soon!

Squid
18th Sep 2009, 21:07
That's just a placeholder for when the game actually releases. If it really was that close, we'd have heard something by now. Pics, videos, something other than "We're making the game, and we're going to take two years to develop it." It sounds more like the sites are either confusing it with the full collection or making a placeholder for preorders.

Squid

Pieter888
18th Sep 2009, 21:07
whoa, the EM site has got itself a mayor make-over.
Also at: http://www.eidosmontreal.com/en/games.html
You can see how the people are divided so you know who is working on the T4 game.
Give it up for the team!

note that in the T4-team pic our beloved mario takes the lead :)

GhostStealth
19th Sep 2009, 00:15
The way I understand they are not allowed to take pre-orders without a date, so they just put an estimation for date, just likeSquid says, I wouldn't believe in the numbers written on that page, I would rather listen for what Rene or Viktoria would release here on this forum. :)

jtr7
19th Sep 2009, 00:32
There is no release date, there is no selling price, and these sites are jumping the gun. We will have to wait a couple of years for the correct information, and even then, it could change if EM's investors think it needs more development time. ;)

Albi
19th Sep 2009, 02:38
oh just in case no1 noticed but its listed as a ps3, xbox and pc.

jtr7
19th Sep 2009, 02:45
If they've even decided that. That information's not coming from EM.

If EM can adhere strictly to the 24-month development cycle plan, then we're looking at April/May 2011.

Vae
19th Sep 2009, 06:14
Yes. This same thing happened a couple of months ago on another retail site. I would say the earliest possible release would be during the Holidays of 2010, and that's really pushing it. Most likely it will be released sometime during 2011.

Pieter888
19th Sep 2009, 07:54
Alright, I was starting to worry :P

Hamadriyad
19th Sep 2009, 09:16
2010! This is toooo early! I hope this information is wrong. ( and probably it is wrong.)

CurtX
19th Sep 2009, 18:57
At this rate, I'll be collecting social security when it is released. No news since the official game announcement. There hasn't even been any recent news on DE3 which is supposedly been in development longer. I'm not asking for them to spoil us with too much info. But giving us a bit more frequent updates on at least something would be nice.

13LACK13ISHOP
21st Sep 2009, 19:29
I say it should be done when its done. No rush. I am willing to wait for a good game.

Exit
31st Oct 2009, 19:11
I found that T4 will be released on 26th of march, 2010... :)

xAcerbusx
31st Oct 2009, 19:17
If the way information about Deus Ex 3 has been released is any indication, we'll probably get a teaser late this year / early next year... some screenshots late-2010 / early 2011, and gameplay and showings at E3 and the like in 2012.

Just a guess.

Vae
31st Oct 2009, 21:24
I found that T4 will be released on 26th of march, 2010... :)

That is not the release date...that's just a place holder for the online retailer. T4 will probably come out sometime during 2011, maybe even 2012.

cGREGgo
31st Oct 2009, 22:09
The world is going to end in 2012, at least let me get halfway thru the game before I die!

:nut:

Hey! Something isn't right in this picture! Shouldn't Thief have twice as many people, instead of Deus Ex 3?

http://www.eidosmontreal.com/en/games.html

:)

jtr7
1st Nov 2009, 00:59
No. Deus Ex 3 has a full team and is on the last months of development. Thief 4 doesn't have even 2/3rds of their team, yet, and that's according to plan. If you read the site and their Twitter page, you will see that they are only looking to have 60 people for about a year (they're not there yet), and then hire the last 20 for the final stretch, which is what we are seeing with the DX3 team. If you'd read the sites, you'd see I'm not making this up.

cGREGgo
1st Nov 2009, 01:39
No. Deus Ex 3 has a full team and is on the last months of development. Thief 4 doesn't have even 2/3rds of their team, yet, and that's according to plan. If you read the site and their Twitter page, you will see that they are only looking to have 60 people for about a year (they're not there yet), and then hire the last 20 for the final stretch, which is what we are seeing with the DX3 team. If you'd read the sites, you'd see I'm not making this up.

Sup JT... I believe ya! :wave:
Thanks for the info!

jtr7
1st Nov 2009, 01:50
Woot!

\o/

Tafferite
2nd Nov 2009, 12:39
For some people, they wont be playing the game til around 2013 instead because your PC never has the graphics card you need for a game....

ah, years waiting for my two favourite series of games...Thief and Zelda

Seeing them typed together now makes me want a fusion of the two....Garret stealing Links Ocarina or something...actually...nah. :D

Pieter888
2nd Nov 2009, 22:10
I can already image the sound played once Garrett loots it from the chest. :lol:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2009, 11:02
The way I understand they are not allowed to take pre-orders without a date, so they just put an estimation for date, just likeSquid says, I wouldn't believe in the numbers written on that page, I would rather listen for what Rene or Viktoria would release here on this forum. :)

Retailers are allowed to invite pre-orders - they are not allowed to charge your credit card until they know they are to receive stocks of the game and can honour the said despatch date (which can be amended at any time).

Yes, you can be sure that EM will make an official announcement of exact release date on this forum. :)

DF-HellFier
6th Nov 2009, 20:24
PLEASE! DONT RUSH WITH THIS GAME!!!!!!!! TAKE YOUR TIME! WE WILL WAIT (Just make it right)!

taffer1
6th Nov 2009, 21:26
If you guys see this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6234986.html

They've been working on it for over a year now, look at the date...?

jtr7
6th Nov 2009, 23:27
If you guys see this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6234986.html

They've been working on it for over a year now, look at the date...?

They haven't been building the game for over a year. Let's get that straight. It was only last April ('09) that EM's proof-of-concept was approved and EM was given the go-ahead to begin.

May 11, 2009:

In confirming Thief 4's development, general manager Stephane D'Astous wrote on the official website, "We're in the early development stages for Thief 4, but this is an incredibly ambitious project and a very exciting one."

"It's too early for us to offer any specific game details, right now we are focused on recruiting the very best talent to join the core team at the studio and help us make, what we believe will be one of the most exciting games on the market."

It won't be too long before EM has hired their 60th team member of the total 80 they will have in another year.

Sasssycoy
10th Nov 2009, 14:27
Hi, this is the 1st forum I've ever joined, but I've been a fan of Thief from the begining. I've not been able to find any info about the expected release date for T4. Does anyone know what date they are predicting? Thanks.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Nov 2009, 14:34
^ Welcome. :)
The release date won't be announced for a long time yet, the project is still in its early stages.

I've merged your new post with current discussion. Check the 'Keeper Diary' thread for a list of all relevant topics:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88498

Sasssycoy
10th Nov 2009, 14:44
That would be wonderful! That is my birthday, I sincerely hope that you are correct. Thanks for giving me hope. lol

Thank you for your help. : )

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Nov 2009, 14:50
Thank you for your help. : )

You are most welcome. :)

[OF] Seferg
18th Nov 2009, 22:06
but what is the projected timeline for t4?

when rough art?
when details?
when demo?
when beta?
when release?

I realize that nothing remotely accurate can be said about dates, but are there any ball park estimates?

Namdrol
18th Nov 2009, 23:13
All we know is that it's a projected 2 year dev and it started in April.

negative_len
18th Nov 2009, 23:15
Projected 2 year development time? I haven't heard that. So far as I know, absolutely no news, intentions, promises, or projections have been announced whatsoever.

Namdrol
18th Nov 2009, 23:55
On Eidos Montreal's website (http://www.eidosmontreal.com/en/difference-en.html) they say that they are aiming for 24 month development cycles.

Telex
19th Nov 2009, 03:04
Yeah, other than that, you know as much as we do, which is absolutely nothing :p

jtr7
19th Nov 2009, 04:02
All we know:

As a goal, a 24-month development cycle.
As a possibility, an extension granted--as with Deus Ex 3--to give the game more polish, if need be.

Mid-April was the "GO!" date for development to begin in earnest, they are still recruiting for the team, with a goal of 60 members for the middle year or so of development. And when they approach the 18th month, they will recruit the last 20 members for the crunch, with the goal of 80-members will be complete. After that, they MAY get an extension from their investors to work on it more. With their goals in mind, we are looking at Spring 2011 to sometime in 2012. Whatever you choose to believe, we have well over a year to go, regardless.

[OF] Seferg
19th Nov 2009, 11:17
thanks for the info

Black Vine
15th Jan 2010, 15:23
I can't wait wish it was next month lol

Loup
15th Jan 2010, 17:06
hope we get some feedback soon, the discussions on the forum are getting really "down to the smallest cogs" the past 2 months.

jtr7
15th Jan 2010, 23:39
It's a cycle. We've been given crap for talking about minutiae since June.

Albi
18th Jan 2010, 13:31
id say early to mid 2012 and i hope to see some sort of cinematic trailer around the end of this year or start of next. this game, while a big project, probably wont take as long as games like gta and call of duty if they stick to the simplistic gameplay of the first two games.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jan 2010, 20:41
hope we get some feedback soon, the discussions on the forum are getting really "down to the smallest cogs" the past 2 months.
Love this. :D

Voodoo
30th Jan 2010, 22:19
I agree as it stands we are in need of something new to discuss I understand patience for most people are wearing thin. I would also welcome any new information on Thief 4 but our cries will no doubt fall on death ears unless we get a leak from someone in the team (like thats ever gonna happen) we will know nothing for a long time. If there is no news for a while the posts will begin to dwindle and lose their dedication. It usually happens.

jtr7
31st Jan 2010, 03:32
It's happened repeatedly. We get something, tear it apart, and then someone new or "new" comes along and asks an old old question, and they get the old old answer, but that doesn't stop a full discussion form happening all over again, and then the discussion is interrupted by a troll, and the discussion goes atomic, and then a new or "new" member interjects and is out of his/her league, so the discussion goes careening into the surreal, and then it abruptly ends for a spell, while other discussions are going on about other things.

bambini
29th Mar 2010, 13:17
Don't get your hopes up guys, but I was just browsing CD-Wow, and stumbled across this:

http://www.cdwow.com/games/thief-4-pc/dp/7806741/12388705#bc=754e

Available 29th October 2010? Surely this is some sort of mistake.

esme
29th Mar 2010, 13:50
a wild guess at a release date to stimulate sales at best

...and not a very good wild guess either

bambini
29th Mar 2010, 13:58
True, but what do they expect will happen on 29th October, when they have dozens of irate customers demanding their game? It sorta makes me tempted to use my NHS discount to pre-order the game, just to see wehat will happen...

esme
29th Mar 2010, 14:07
you'll probably get a voucher entitling you to a copy as soon as they have stock and even that won't guarantee you a copy

it's fairly standard practice, though in this case extremely early in the day

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Mar 2010, 16:29
Pre-orders are just a means of reservation. The company won't charge your credit card until they have the game in stock and can despatch. This won't be happening in 2010, that's for certain.

jtr7
29th Mar 2010, 23:34
I still wouldn't buy it right away. Those who buy it right away are really people who have paid to be the final wave of beta-testers. They're the ones who help the devs to know what needs patching and what goes into the Help FAQs and Tech Support books. Plus, they give us who wait the first impressions.

Aceyalone7777
1st Apr 2010, 13:17
I still strongly believe we will see something in E3 in June. I am not saying about a gameplay video, or a trailer video. But maybe a teaser wallpaper, an ingame screenshot or a teaser trailer. Remember that DE3 had all this before year one. In Thief it would be 1 year and 1-2 months. At least a teaser wallpaper WILL be released...

(And then the flame begins...anyone remembers the Thi4f logo????)

Flashart
1st Apr 2010, 17:14
What would be good was if a mention for the game including an editor or SDK that way FM narratives could be pre-planned.

Aceyalone7777
1st Apr 2010, 19:54
Unfortunately, these details (even if already decided) wont make it up to the surface until a respectable amount of time passes. Presumably the last six months before release or so, is my guess...

jtr7
1st Apr 2010, 22:53
What would be good was if a mention for the game including an editor or SDK that way FM narratives could be pre-planned.

Even if they did say we would get the SDK/Editor, it wouldn't be a good idea to pre-plan an FM specifically for it, when no one knows how difficult or easy it is to learn and no one knows what it can or cannot do.

s guy
9th Apr 2010, 22:12
Hello, everyone, I am wondering what you think on the credibility of this:

Deus Ex 3 on Dec 31, 2010. It's on Amazon, not some odd gaming website, so it's more likely.

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K5NC/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270850849&sr=1-17

And what do you think that points out about the thief release date? Thief 4 is not on Amazon yet, with or without a release date.

I have not been following the Deus Ex 3 development or it's forums, because I have never played the original, so I don't know how far ahead of thief it is in it's development.

It is for X-Box 360 and ps3 along with win. I only noticed deus ex a a parallel dev to thief, not for the game itself. So when I find info on Deus Ex 3 I think of it's meaning for thief.

esme
10th Apr 2010, 10:30
its a drum up sales and gauge interest, standard pre order thing, you won't actually get anything on that date beyond a voucher entitling you to be among the first to actually buy a copy

I have no doubt the dev team are good but good enough to finish by christmas this year on a project they've barely started ?

that would be a deadline too far

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Apr 2010, 12:24
You need time to create a masterpiece. Release this year? No. And that's a good thing. :cool:

s guy
10th Apr 2010, 17:35
Yes, like I said in another thread, they can wait as long as they want to tell us something (I hope not too long, but I don't mind) if the end product is worthy of it's great predecessors.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Apr 2010, 18:16
^
Exactly. :thumb:

ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
17th Apr 2010, 11:47
According to play.com. Already pre-ordered it!

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/9975984/Thief-4/Product.html

jtr7
17th Apr 2010, 12:03
Not another release date/pre-order post. I think each site has a different release date, all months before the two-year development cycle even ends! Has there been one even close to May 2011?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Apr 2010, 12:39
According to play.com. Already pre-ordered it!

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/9975984/Thief-4/Product.html

You pre-ordered? Well, you have a long wait ahead...
You can't make a masterpiece in such a short time. ;)

jameswilliammurphy
20th Apr 2010, 17:10
Just because the forums havent been active for that long, that doesnt mean they havent already started developing a game, you lot think they've only just started when this forum was opened? heh, they've probably already been working on it for over a year.

jameswilliammurphy
20th Apr 2010, 17:11
a year prior to this forum being opened.

jtr7
20th Apr 2010, 22:51
How about May 11, when they announced it had been three weeks since they were told they could begin making the game? Mid to late April 2009 is when they stated their Proof-of-Concept was approved and they started building, and started hiring the people to do the building. Before that, it was working out ideas, and they had no more than 20 people--the core--of the 80-member team. One year ago, they had only just begun building officially. May 11, they told us they had begun. October 2007 was when the first rumor came out. A couple of months later, in 2008, the "T" tease was put up. They've been planning to make Thief all along, and have had it in their minds since at least 2007, but April 2009 is when they began building.

esme
21st Apr 2010, 12:09
so it has been a year

I thought I'd forgotten how to count for a bit there

swordbreaker
21st Apr 2010, 12:35
dear EM, whenever you are going to release doesn't matter, just do your best and don't upset fans. that's all! :)

Ardanna
24th Apr 2010, 15:33
Take as long as they need. As long as they don't pull a WipeOut HD on it that would really suck.

Fatherwoodsie
24th Apr 2010, 20:05
i find some final products to be actually BETTER when rushed. take music for example. aritist yngwie malmsteen makes better albums when rushed, i believe. now he has his own studio and own record label so he can take as long as he wants to "perfect" things, and the quality just isnt there. i know this doesnt work for all instances, but just becuase EM could possibly be rushed, doesnt mean it will come out bad. by the way....hello all! i havent logged in for months! glad to see everyone is still kickin.

Vae
24th Apr 2010, 20:44
I think that Yngwie Malmsteen (arguably one of the the best guitar players in the world, and one of my personal inspirations as a guitarist), has mainly been affected by the renowned status that he has attained. He is Yngwie, a legend, with no need to impress like in the early years. No need dig deep creatively, pull everything out, and continue to dazzle with new inventions. He can get away with resting on his name brand and still sell platinum albums...just because he's Yngwie. That being said, he still continues to amaze people with his unmistakable virtuosity...and in certain ways, he is actually better than ever.

I understand your point though...sometimes urgency brings out the best work of a person or entity. Let us hope that SE/EM will afford the proper amount of time and balance that will yield the superior results we all desire for THIEF 4.

jtr7
25th Apr 2010, 08:06
Yep. The pressures of a real deadline and sudden redirection can make awesome things happen, except too many and too intense can leave a pile of coal with gems rather than a solid piece of good work.

Flashart
25th Apr 2010, 09:14
In fairness to the "Thief" brand, it's never been a "hit" title selling vast amounts in a short space of time. It is more of a "steady" seller so I think any pressure for redirection won't materialize.

jtr7
25th Apr 2010, 09:31
I was talking about the common redirection that occurs within most development cycles. I would like to agree with your point, but it's more optimism to do so than factual thus far.

Fatherwoodsie
28th Apr 2010, 06:28
I think that Yngwie Malmsteen (arguably one of the the best guitar players in the world, and one of my personal inspirations as a guitarist), has mainly been affected by the renowned status that he has attained. He is Yngwie, a legend, with no need to impress like in the early years. No need dig deep creatively, pull everything out, and continue to dazzle with new inventions. He can get away with resting on his name brand and still sell platinum albums...just because he's Yngwie. That being said, he still continues to amaze people with his unmistakable virtuosity...and in certain ways, he is actually better than ever.

I understand your point though...sometimes urgency brings out the best work of a person or entity. Let us hope that SE/EM will afford the proper amount of time and balance that will yield the superior results we all desire for THIEF 4.

another yngwie fan nice!

Aceyalone7777
29th Apr 2010, 23:35
Maybe we will see something in 2 months time in E3?

I am sure all the lights are supposed to bend on DX:HR but its about time some hints about Thief show up... Really now, the forum is getting even quitter by the time.

PS: Good job guys keeping it alive, its good to see the same faces around. Sometimes, I wish I could be so devoted to such a thing... So far I am finding affection in Mass Effect 2 forums... Finished it a week ago and blam... this Bioware company just delivers...

Dooley
1st May 2010, 01:35
Yngwie, as I understand it, is an egotistical ass. That means excessively expensive performance.
I could not care less if he were playing a guitar or a talented mixer were putting the arrangements together.
Frankly I'm Eric Brosius should be providing tunes (no offense to the current artist).
Keep to the canon. Keep to the faith. Btw, the new 'logo' is stupid. What an affront to good sense.

jtr7
1st May 2010, 01:42
Whether or not it works in our favor in the end, all we know is Paul Weir also likes Eric Brosius' work and stated "if it ain't broke..."

rserling
20th Jun 2010, 21:06
the next and only piece of information i would like is a release date. there is a risk that by that time, i'll be so annoyed by all the pointless speculation, hype and hand-wringing i won't want to buy the game.
:mad2:

Namdrol
20th Jun 2010, 21:40
Does anyone care?

jtr7
20th Jun 2010, 22:18
Yeah, EM! You're not really making a game! So there!

And I won't be buying your non-existent game anyway!

Vae
20th Jun 2010, 22:32
I agree...too late EM, you blew it!

Skaruts
21st Jun 2010, 02:53
I prefer to be informed with progress videos/blog entries/relevant news, etc, than a release date.

A release date can still make me wonder how well is the dev process going, and keeps my speculation on top, since it can also be postponed or canceled.. While "palpable" demonstrations of progress can make me feel safer that they are still on it and/or how well it goes.

Tryst
21st Jun 2010, 05:21
How about "who gives a ****?" We have a laugh and joke and debate the finer points of Thiefs past and possible future. If EM do use any of the info to make a new game in the future, we have contributed. If they don't ever make a T4, then it will be sad but most of us had already resigned ourselves to the fact that TDS was the last one anyway.

Either way, there's not much point in throwing a tantrum over it.

Vae
21st Jun 2010, 05:45
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9421/thieftantrum.jpg

Tryst
21st Jun 2010, 05:55
I really prefer this one :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc&playnext_from=TL&videos=BipTwcHFDqI

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Jun 2010, 12:46
Funny pic, Vae. :D

Yes, we have a while to wait yet before we get any particular release date or details on the game. Sorry.

Voodoo
23rd Jun 2010, 11:04
Waiting waiting waiting if you sit around too long your arse will go numb lol

jtr7
23rd Jun 2010, 11:11
Ya gotta get up and dance!

(No, not the pee-pee dance from sittin' too long, but it's a start.)

Kuze
23rd Jun 2010, 12:04
Guys, at least we know it will someday indeed get released! Before I came here in the Forum to look for information, I thought it would NEVER be out, I'm MADLY UBER EXTREMELY happy that they are going to continue with the thief series, and let me repeat what I tell ALL my friends:

THIEF IS THE BEST SPY/FURTIVE/alike GAME EEVEER MADE, Alpha Protocol was just another disgrace trying to copy its original idea (and failed.. badly.. I prefer to reinstall my Thief I - which was in 2d - and play it all over than touch that ***** again)

I have high hopes for this new game!

Keeper_Riff
23rd Jun 2010, 12:28
Thief I - which was in 2d
:confused:
Thief was in 3D from the very beginning. Are you talking about 8-bit software rendering mode?

Skaruts
23rd Jun 2010, 12:37
I prefer to reinstall my Thief I - which was in 2d

Not only it was in 3D, it was in FULL 3D, unlike some older games like duke nukem which were a mix of 2/3D (so called fake-3D). :)

nyyti
24th Jun 2010, 16:22
For the first time ever I don't care how long a game takes to make (well, ok maybe not DN:F long but eh). I have other games to enjoy while waiting for this, and in the end it will be worth it.

Thief 4 can't fail. It's not allowed to!

Thiefgarrett
29th Jun 2010, 22:57
For game like thief you rly need time so no hurry with it :P

bigbigjay88aus1
30th Jun 2010, 00:42
Does anyone know when the release date is please? Google says it was supposed on THIEF 4 release date 26/03/2010. That was 3 months ago But cannot find out any more info.

Thanks

jtr7
30th Jun 2010, 00:57
Hello! :wave:

There is no info. All we know is that EM plans to make the game over the course of at least two years. April/May 2011 is the 2-year mark, but they may be granted an extension and work on it until 2012. No one knows right now.

There's this, too (it's the second topic below your new thread on the main forum index (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269)):
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88576

Please look over this index, too, before starting a new thread, as just about everything has been talked about a lot:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88498

:)

kin
30th Jun 2010, 04:57
Does anyone know when the release date is please? Google says it was supposed on THIEF 4 release date 26/03/2010. That was 3 months ago But cannot find out any more info.

Thanks

All we know are two words:

THI4f - COMIG
:hmm:

jtr7
30th Jun 2010, 05:07
It's true!
http://www.eidos.com/data/extensions_data/eidos_videos/c/1/6/a/5/31//screenshot.jpg
http://www.eidos.com/games/thief-4

Hypevosa
30th Jun 2010, 05:20
I feel like a hopeless nerd...

To try and justify the misspelling being up for so long (SOMEONE FIX IT DAMNIT)... I put comig soon into an anagram machine to see if anything interesting came up. Nope... a few entertaining things though.

Cog I Monos - Cog and Hands - maybe the mechanical servants will make a return!
Cosign Moo - A cow apparently cosigned for Garrett's appartment... maybe he gets kidnapped!
Coon Gismo - Animatronic racoons? Spies for the mechanist uprising no doubt!
Cog In Moos - Cog in cows - mechanists replacing real cows with fake ones to try and kill all the organics faster for the builders' arival?! Or maybe they make cow based war machines to reign destruction down upon the city!
Cog Sin Moo - Cog without cow XD
Sic Go Moon - one of the devs is a sailor moon fan? Will there be influence or crossover? o.O

Oh god... please someone fix it... SOMEONE - a misspelling on the main page shouldn't be the main topic in a game forum! and for god's sake an update of any sort would be nice - even if it's raw indecipherable code, or concept art of a lockpick, a name of a servant for a lord, SOMETHING.

Tryst
30th Jun 2010, 08:17
I feel like a hopeless nerd...

To try and justify the misspelling being up for so long (SOMEONE FIX IT DAMNIT)... I put comig soon into an anagram machine to see if anything interesting came up. Nope... a few entertaining things though.

Cog I Monos - Cog and Hands - maybe the mechanical servants will make a return!
Cosign Moo - A cow apparently cosigned for Garrett's appartment... maybe he gets kidnapped!
Coon Gismo - Animatronic racoons? Spies for the mechanist uprising no doubt!
Cog In Moos - Cog in cows - mechanists replacing real cows with fake ones to try and kill all the organics faster for the builders' arival?! Or maybe they make cow based war machines to reign destruction down upon the city!
Cog Sin Moo - Cog without cow XD
Sic Go Moon - one of the devs is a sailor moon fan? Will there be influence or crossover? o.O

Oh god... please someone fix it... SOMEONE - a misspelling on the main page shouldn't be the main topic in a game forum! and for god's sake an update of any sort would be nice - even if it's raw indecipherable code, or concept art of a lockpick, a name of a servant for a lord, SOMETHING.
I wonder if it's a cryptic hint that it will follow the M$ method of game design and get released with some of the intended contet missig.

All I can say for sure is that if it definitely isn't vapourware, it will be released sometime in the 21st century.

jtr7
30th Jun 2010, 08:19
The proper "E" and the "N" are being held for ransom on a future DLC.

One for the "FEARS" thread! :)

bambini
30th Jun 2010, 12:18
Anyone else think that maybe Garrett stole the E and the N? Perhaps it's going to be a take on the alphabet killer in Dirty Harry (Garrett being played by Clint Eastwood).

Platinumoxicity
30th Jun 2010, 12:22
Anyone else think that maybe Garrett stole the E and the N? Perhaps it's going to be a take on the alphabet killer in Dirty Harry (Garrett being played by Clint Eastwood).

Garrett looks like Eastwood in the cover art of Thief 2. Coincidence?! I think not!! :D Put on your tinfoil hats gentlemen, and lets start making up some conspiracy theories!

Asadar
30th Jun 2010, 12:24
In fact the E and N were hidden Glyphs, and now they are gone because of Garret! :nut:

Asadar
30th Jun 2010, 12:42
For the first time ever I don't care how long a game takes to make

Same thing for me. I waited for this since my childhood on Thief 1 & 2, and although I appreciate the 3, it is the next one I expect the most. It's like the resurrection of a video game legend in my eyes.
So I'm willing to wait as long as necessary provided that it is worth the candle. And for that I remain confident in the developers team in charge of the project.

Wait and see. And good luck to the developers.

Skaruts
30th Jun 2010, 12:46
It's like the resurrection of a video game legend in my eyes.

It IS the ressurection of a video game legend. :)

Blue Sky
30th Jun 2010, 13:47
Is this game out yet or what?

I go into my local computer game store twice a day and ask if it's out yet, and they just look at me as if I'm completely and utterly insane!!!

I'm not insane!!!!!!!!!!11111111111112

Pieter888
30th Jun 2010, 15:05
Is this game out yet or what?

I go into my local computer game store twice a day and ask if it's out yet, and they just look at me as if I'm completely and utterly insane!!!

I'm not insane!!!!!!!!!!11111111111112

I KNOW! I know exactly what you mean!
Those taffers behind the counter never even heard about Thief...

But I won't stop asking till' the game is released!

Take that free record shop :p

The Atrophy
30th Jun 2010, 16:42
I just hope it doesn't take them 12 years like Blizzard with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

Skaruts
30th Jun 2010, 21:44
If every company could have free lasting budgets like that we'd be playing much better games than we are.

jtr7
30th Jun 2010, 22:59
Or they'd never come out, or they'd be convoluted and overdone.

Rieknor
4th Aug 2010, 03:39
I've got a question, I mean, when Thief4 it's done and it'll be on sale, it's going to be an international launching or am I gonna have to wait a whole year untill the game arrives to my country after that all the people of this forum have already finished the game?

It would be nice since all of us in here come from different countries.

jtr7
4th Aug 2010, 03:45
I doubt even EM knows yet. Watch the Deus Ex: Human Revolution launch, since it may reflect upon how T4 is released, although, DX:HR has been given more marketing all along.

Asadar
4th Aug 2010, 08:30
Good question... but with no answer yet. But I hope for a international launching. :rolleyes:

Voodoo
4th Aug 2010, 15:04
I would like an international launch aswell so we could play and comment together, as a community.

Hypevosa
4th Aug 2010, 15:53
I hope all the core forumers get something special :D

It would nice, even if it was just concept art in our private message box or something XD

Namdrol
4th Aug 2010, 19:01
Just watch this forum explode with activity as we get close to release.
Aren't nearly all releases multi terrotory now?
Anyway due to how Eidos was structured before they were swallowed whole Eidos Montreal is actually part of Square Enix Europe.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Aug 2010, 23:20
Just watch this forum explode with activity as we get close to release.

We have a long way to go yet with regard to the release date, but I expect the forum will explode with activity once we get our first screenshots.

Asadar
6th Aug 2010, 08:41
[...]but I expect the forum will explode with activity once we get our first screenshots.

It will certainly be the case. :p:thumb:

Herr_Garrett
6th Aug 2010, 10:18
...but I expect the forum will explode with activity once we get our first screenshots.

For ****'s sake, WHEN?????????

Platinumoxicity
6th Aug 2010, 10:35
We have a long way to go yet with regard to the release date, but I expect the forum will explode with activity if we get any information ever.

Fixxd. :D

...:(

Nightwynd
6th Aug 2010, 10:45
We have a long way to go yet with regard to the release date, but I expect the forum will explode with activity if they'd even bother to fix "Thi4f - comig soon".fixxd even further.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Aug 2010, 11:13
The banner with typo "Comig Soon" is an error by the promo team; it has nothing to do with the dev team.
I have no idea why it is taking so long to correct this typo - I've reported it several times now. :o

mokoko
7th Aug 2010, 11:49
3-4 years later. You can go out now.

massimilianogoi
7th Aug 2010, 16:49
The banner with typo "Comig Soon" is an error by the promo team; it has nothing to do with the dev team.
I have no idea why it is taking so long to correct this typo - I've reported it several times now. :o

ROTFL. C'mon, this cannot happen... What a bad figure... This denotes scarce cohesion between the workgroup.. And above all, tell them to change the wrong logo! :-P It would have to be THIEF 4, not THI4F... The whole world is laughing about us for that error :hmm:

Carlosoul
11th Sep 2010, 16:20
Can somebody, anybody tell me what the hell is going on with Thief 4, no release dates even though last time I looked it was meant to be out kind of soon... right??

:mad2:

Psychomorph
11th Sep 2010, 18:23
It was "Comig Soon", not "Coming Soon". Big difference.

I think it's fair to assume that a couple of months after Deus Ex 3 is being released, information about Thief 4 will begin to slowly emerge. So you can say the release of DX3 is our orientation.

Asadar
11th Sep 2010, 18:36
+1 :thumb:

I had not considered it to this angle, but I agree with psychomorph.

By cons, it was perhaps not useful to make a topic just for that. You can ask on more current. ;)

AlexOfSpades
11th Sep 2010, 22:02
We dont have much about Thief 4 in our hands to be honest.

It seems that most of the information is obscure as Garrett himself ; hidden in the shadows, waiting to blackjack us with a surprise.

Tafferite
13th Sep 2010, 12:47
Theres also a site that said March 29th of this year (posted 2 years ago)

that then changed to October 2011 one year ago

Who knows what that sites on about....

AlexOfSpades
14th Sep 2010, 18:34
What site is that?

Tryst
14th Sep 2010, 20:30
Theres also a site that said March 29th of this year (posted 2 years ago)

that then changed to October 2011 one year ago

Who knows what that sites on about....
They are just guessig :whistle:

Prince_VLAD
16th Sep 2010, 12:54
I bring you a piece of news about Thief 4 development...but please, afterwards, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, alright?
Let's say I have a friend and that friend lives in Canada...Again let's just say that my friend works in a company involving videogames and let's say that he knows that the Thief 4 team is not ready yet.His figure was 90%.

PS - Viktoria ! Nice to see you again;)

jtr7
16th Sep 2010, 17:27
Sorry, we ask questions here. The team is not ready for what? To begin (Not true. They have more than begun)? Not a full team (We know they aren't. The job openings are posted on their main site)? Not done making the game (We know that)? 90% from completing the game (Doubtful. It's way too early for 90% completion of the game)? 90% from what?

Hypevosa
16th Sep 2010, 18:17
part of me is hoping he means they're 90% done excluding game polish and extra bits.

It wouldn't surprise me to know there was an almost playable version being run - it would surprise me if it was very good in all the aspects it should be.

I'm really hoping he doesn't mean they're 90% on their way to starting... another 2 years would suck.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Sep 2010, 18:48
a piece of news about Thief 4 development...but please, afterwards, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, alright?
Let's say I have a friend and that friend lives in Canada...Again let's just say that my friend works in a company involving videogames and let's say that he knows that the Thief 4 team is not ready yet.His figure was 90%.

You can tell your friend (imaginary or otherwise) that he shalt not rob from the house EM have built, or commit any theft or unrighteousness, lest he be struck down and driven into the earth forthwith, and the land of the heathen consume him.

You have been warnsied.

Also, he's wrong anyway. :p

Hypevosa
16th Sep 2010, 18:53
I thought you said you weren't privy at all to the development process Vik?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Sep 2010, 19:34
I said I don't have direct access to the dev process. Different thing. ;)
Put it this way, from what I do know I can work out when so-called 'news' is inconsistent with the facts.

Nephthys
18th Sep 2010, 04:28
sneaksie Viktoria :D

Prince_VLAD
24th Sep 2010, 16:18
Viktoria dear, we'll see if my source was right...
Let's put it this way.If the game won't be ready in 2012 , I call that a win ;)
As someone said above their site is still hiring ;) so this kindda validate the "rumour". As anyone here I am a fan of Thief series and I want to see it started and done as soon as possible. My only fear is an eventually abandon of this project by the EIDOS.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Sep 2010, 18:08
Viktoria dear, we'll see if my source was right...
Let's put it this way.If the game won't be ready in 2012 , I call that a win ;)
Not a win at all. You're cheating and changing your mind. :p
How do you calculate the game as 90% finished in your first post, if you now state the release date as 2012? That would mean a much less percentage with your first guess.
But keep guessing, I'm sure you will hit the jackpot eventually.

My only fear is an eventually abandon of this project by the EIDOS.
Haha. :D
Is this another piece of information from your reliable source?
Wrong again. :rasp:

jtr7
24th Sep 2010, 18:43
Changing the strict meaning of everyone's words to serve a transparent agenda absolutely invalidates any information you have, Vlad.

mtaffer
2nd Oct 2010, 23:21
What would be awesome would be a reveal at next years E3...cloaked in secrecy just like Garrett in the shadows. That always makes a huge impact. I will never forget when HL2 was announced at E3, it just shocked everybody and it's all anyone talked about for weeks and months afterwards. It would be nice to give Thief that kind of recognition. Besides, E3 needs big announcements...sorely lacking these last few years.

xDarknessFallsx
3rd Oct 2010, 01:27
Or... A big Christmas preasant. E3 is way too far away. We've already gone 1.5 years (wait, has it really been that long?? I've had too much of Viktoria's grapevine wine tonight. 1.5 years seems way unfathonable) without any substantial updates after the announcement. To have to wait until the next E3 would be mind-numbing, sorry to say. I dont know if you've been following this forum as frequently as some of us have, but to wait that long for some of us would be pure torture. If that were to happen, in January 2011 we'd be arguing about how much Garrett could lift in the gym. Can he pump only 75 lbs; or is it more like 130 lbs or higher? A poll would be created, to boot! ;)

Nate
3rd Oct 2010, 19:35
I'm sure that Garrett would be able to pump is own body weight AT LEAST........now we get to argue over what his body weight would actually be (and whether or not we include equipment weight in that figure).

Carlosoul
6th Nov 2010, 17:53
I fed up with talking about this game now, can someone tell me when the hell this game is being released!!!!!

GepardenK
6th Nov 2010, 19:19

massimilianogoi
6th Nov 2010, 19:43

Where you extrapolated this date? Please post the link, in case.

JFSOCC
6th Nov 2010, 22:27
no man it was February 30th 2012!

Rek
6th Nov 2010, 23:11
Where you extrapolated this date? Please post the link, in case.

He's just kidding man :cool: no one knows the date yet

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Nov 2010, 23:37

Confirmed. :)

Psychomorph
6th Nov 2010, 23:37
Early/mid 2012 sounds reasonable. That would mean mid 2011 first info (E3, GC, etc).

Soon enough.

massimilianogoi
7th Nov 2010, 01:06
Early/mid 2012 sounds reasonable. That would mean mid 2011 first info (E3, GC, etc).

Soon enough.

These seems pure speculations to me, sorry guys. The last word in this case belows to the developers.

GepardenK
7th Nov 2010, 01:58
Oh no, this taffer is not kidding. Sure, nothing is announced yet, but this taffer have the gift of future vision. Mark my words, It’ll be that date...

If I`m wrong I`ll personally spell-check this entire forum archive with only a Belgian dictionary and a mug of grog.

Tryst
7th Nov 2010, 07:42
It will be released when it's done. Hopefully, they will not bow to peer pressure and will put the date off if to many problems are found to fix before launch. The last thing I want is something that is launched exactly on schedule but with more bugs than a termite mound.

It would actually be nice for once to buy a game that I can play without having to download a massive megapatch from the internet to fix all the bugs first.

Rek
7th Nov 2010, 11:26
Oh no, this taffer is not kidding. Sure, nothing is announced yet, but this taffer have the gift of future vision. Mark my words, It’ll be that date...

If I`m wrong I`ll personally spell-check this entire forum archive with only a Belgian dictionary and a mug of grog.

Ok, I take you at your word :D

JFSOCC
7th Nov 2010, 12:24
It will be released when it's done.That's what the guys at team Gizka said about the Sith Lords Restoration Project. I'd been a part of it's closed beta it was nearly finished... but the project lead just left quietly, and it was never released.

FrankCSIS
7th Nov 2010, 21:40
At the open house today, it was suggested the game was, minimum, 20 to 24 months away from release.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Nov 2010, 22:41

I have made a note of this in my green leafy booksie. If T4 is not released on
"02.07.2012" you will be expected to honour your word.

;)

Vae
8th Nov 2010, 01:01
As reported by EM Nov. 7th open house visitor FrankCSIS on the DX:HR forum (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1519250&postcount=25)...the "release is minimum 20-24 months away". Likely true, this would mean that THIEF IV will be released in late 2012 at the earliest.

Hypevosa
8th Nov 2010, 03:59

I don't see how spell-checking the entire english forums using a Belgian dictionary would help anyone.

GepardenK
8th Nov 2010, 04:52
you will be expected to honour your word.

;) But of course, a manfool like myself wouldn`t want to anger the leafy lady

Aceyalone7777
8th Nov 2010, 08:33
As reported by EM Nov. 7th open house visitor FrankCSIS on the DX:HR forum (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1519250&postcount=25)...the "release is minimum 20-24 months away". Likely true, this would mean that THIEF IV will be released in late 2012 at the earliest.

Maybe you mean early 2012?

Because 24 months from now is about November 2011...

Rek
8th Nov 2010, 09:16
Maybe you mean early 2012?

Because 24 months from now is about November 2011...

I wouldn't be so sure that 24 months from now is about November 2011 :D

AlexOfSpades
8th Nov 2010, 12:39
24 months are two years.

24 months will be November 2012!

And we all know that the world is going to end in 2012, so...

Aceyalone7777
8th Nov 2010, 16:38
Oups.... my bad... 24 months are indeed 2 years...

Well look at that...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Nov 2010, 22:37
But of course, a manfool like myself wouldn`t want to anger the leafy lady
You are blessed with some wisdom, at least. ;)

CoupleofThugs
13th Nov 2010, 13:35
How long we will have to wait for the 4th installement?

Vae
13th Nov 2010, 14:11
Most likely, late 2012 at the earliest.

This is the thread you want and merge...Thief IV release date - General Discusion (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88576)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Nov 2010, 18:27
^
Merged. Thank you. :)

ChristheThief
25th Feb 2011, 18:07
How much longer should we expect until the game is finally released.. end of this year?
Or end of next year?
Or even longer (in which case :mad2: )

Discuss

Tenebre
25th Feb 2011, 18:15
That depends if the snipers miss hitting the home office... Fan rage can be br00tal.

Vae
25th Feb 2011, 20:36
Here's the thread you want...Thief IV RELEASE DATE - General Discussion (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88576).

T4 will probably be out late-2012/early-2013.

Merge comig soon...:)

ChristheThief
25th Feb 2011, 21:07
Here's the thread you want...Thief IV RELEASE DATE - General Discussion (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88576).

T4 will probably be out late-2012/early-2013.

Merge comig soon...:)

ChristheThief
25th Feb 2011, 21:11
I hope it isn't last 2012 at the soonest :eek:

It only 2 years between Thief I and II, haveing said that graphics/sound and animations were more or less the same, and games weren't as 'big' back then.

The screenshot got my joppes up tat it could be mid next year, but i'm not too sure if it was going to be mid 2012 we'd have videos and more screenshots, unless they are keeping things tto themselves, which i doubt

jtr7
26th Feb 2011, 01:33
The game has only been developed for 21 months, now. Before that, they were only working on concepts and ideas and design approaches, but it was mid-April 2009 that real development began. The existing core team of 20 laid in the groundwork, and heavy hiring began about three months later. It was a year before the team had hired most of the devs, but before that, Square-Enix bought the company and major changes to the original plans for EM's mission goals were made. We don't know how much T4 was affected by what was happening with the DX:HR team. But yeah, 21 months of development is all we're looking at right now.

JacktheBox
8th Mar 2011, 02:13
I really hope that these guys take a llooooooonng time to develop this game.

jtr7
8th Mar 2011, 02:26
I'm waiting for the official announcement that the deadline they had set has been extended.

suedezu
18th Mar 2011, 11:23
Any update on an estimated release date?

jtr7
19th Mar 2011, 03:46
None. I'd wait at least a year before asking again.

xAcerbusx
19th Mar 2011, 05:27
Maybe I'm just a blind optimist, but between the (alleged) PC Gamer article, the screenshot, and Deus Ex 3 finally getting a concrete release date, I get the feeling we'll at least see a teaser at E3.

jtr7
19th Mar 2011, 05:46
'Twould be nice!

...I say optimistically.

nitrogav
20th Mar 2011, 09:02
The following is a cut and paste from again the PCGAMER mag . Do they know something we don't ? . Notice all the other games on that list are all definitely coming out this year .

Tim, Tom, Owen and Rich amass for a special 50th episode to talk about what they’re looking forward to in 2011 including Portal 2, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Thief 4, Deus Ex 3, Battlefield 3, and Diablo. The also discuss whether PlayStation 3 gamers actually have any friends and why SupCom 1 is still great.

jtr7
20th Mar 2011, 09:30
2011 is the second year of development, after stating previously (since changed to reflect the truer ambiguous unknown dev-cycle goals) that their games would be developed approximately 24 months or so. If they're going to have an article on Thief 4 in the April 13 issue, they probably know something, if they aren't guessing like the rest of us. 2011 would seem too soon, early projections notwithstanding.

Tryst
20th Mar 2011, 15:13
The following is a cut and paste from again the PCGAMER mag . Do they know something we don't ? . Notice all the other games on that list are all definitely coming out this year .

Tim, Tom, Owen and Rich amass for a special 50th episode to talk about what they’re looking forward to in 2011 including Portal 2, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Thief 4, Deus Ex 3, Battlefield 3, and Diablo. The also discuss whether PlayStation 3 gamers actually have any friends and why SupCom 1 is still great.
I find it quite insulting that they talk about the game to a games magazine and even have the magazine do an article but not even offer tidbits to loyal fans who have been waiting forever for this game to come out.

Fizbop
20th Mar 2011, 16:02

Well Blizzard has said no Diablo3 for 2011. Just fyi. I've been waiting for this one for a while.
They keep postponing it. But I have my Thief games to play. Back to TDP/Gold I go.

jtr7
25th Mar 2011, 05:28
I find it quite insulting that they talk about the game to a games magazine and even have the magazine do an article but not even offer tidbits to loyal fans who have been waiting forever for this game to come out.

The exchange of money and favors called "exclusives." Someone has to pay to read the month-old news, read it on the shelves without paying, or wait longer than those person's to find out for themselves (if the first person doesn't share right away from their earlier timezone). Knowing this info is sitting in a pdf on a hard drive already, waiting for publication next month, by which time, any specific info may be obsolete or even incorrect to begin with, just makes me care less, especially when the outcomes are predictable if it's not what the fans want to hear, and we still have people acting surprised at the reactions, even with over a month's advanced warning, and nearly two decades of patterned behavior.

almostchosen
25th Apr 2011, 19:14
Viktoria,

Can you communicate to us a date when the release date will be released? :D

Thank you!

jtr7
25th Apr 2011, 19:53
Ask next year. Seriously. :)

Also, when someone can tell us the date, it will be because the information is officially released and available to all.

massimilianogoi
25th Apr 2011, 22:22
It's some days that I fear that there will never be a date release...

Vae
26th Apr 2011, 02:01
THIEF IV, will most likely be released late-2012/early-2013.

jtr7
26th Apr 2011, 02:04
December 21, 2010.

Yeah, joke's so funny I forgot to--Taff.

massimilianogoi
26th Apr 2011, 02:23
THIEF IV, will most likely be released late-2012/early-2013.

After the apocalypse?? LOL.

I would like to try it once, before dying...

Tryst
26th Apr 2011, 20:43
December 22nd 2012. If the apocalypse does happen, there may be delays. :D

jtr7
27th Apr 2011, 00:58
Timezones again! Will we have satellite footage on the other side of the planet, or will the orbiting machinery get knocked out of the sky and rain down on us--the least of our concerns?

jtr7
27th Apr 2011, 04:07
Heh heh heh.

:(

:p

Vladimyre
27th Apr 2011, 12:58
I'm not expecting any information until e3, definitely nothing related to release though, if they even do it there. It'll be a DX:HR dog and pony show for sure but there's a possibility they'll show something or at least give a bit of info.

V

wolfenstein
2nd May 2011, 18:15
at russian games soundtrack website i found release date (http://www.game-ost.ru/games.php?id=884), it says 13 november 2010, this is well know site, so i don't think they need to post fakes. But something says me, it comes to stores 3Q 2011.

Necro bump for this post.

I think Eidos needs something like what we Steam users call "Valve time" the legendary time conversion factor which seems to (on average) Quadruple anything that's quoted

Valve Time makes definition from Wikipedia XD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation#.E2.80.9CValve_Time.E2.80.9D)

jtr7
2nd May 2011, 21:35
Yeah. If a source quotes a date before the publisher/game developer does, it's fake.

Mistress Vixen
5th May 2011, 16:52
I have pondered over the many posts and the in depth articles but I am a casual user in terms of computer games and to maintain my interest there does need to be an emphasis on the games progress in terms of screen shots and videos posted.

Tight lipped is one thing but being expetced to wait another two years for the release by which time the original games will be dim memories is not cool

Xence
12th May 2011, 23:09
I was a big fan of thief 1 & 2 and then when Thief 3 came out quite awhile later I snagged that as well, fun game but I'm a big fan of 2. Are there are other levels or otherwise that you can download till Thief 4 comes out? From what I've gazed at on this forum seems like Thief4 may/may not be released anywhere soon. Is there a general time frame when this is supposed to be released or does no one have any idea?

Cheers,
Xence

AlexOfSpades
12th May 2011, 23:14
I was a big fan of thief 1 & 2 and then when Thief 3 came out quite awhile later I snagged that as well, fun game but I'm a big fan of 2. Are there are other levels or otherwise that you can download till Thief 4 comes out? From what I've gazed at on this forum seems like Thief4 may/may not be released anywhere soon. Is there a general time frame when this is supposed to be released or does no one have any idea?

Cheers,
Xence

There's no time frame about when its going to be released.

There are no news or information about the game at all.

Absolutely nothing, but a blurry picture of someone playing the game.

The game is being kept at absolute secrecy.

Now, for fan mission maps, i'll let my fellow brothers answer. There are fan-mission-mappers among us, i think, and even some of the developers of the Dark Mod.

I think there's a thread for Fan Missions, but i'm not shu

cofiking
13th May 2011, 11:20
late 2012, middle 2013 is a realistic date for me

cGREGgo
13th May 2011, 15:41
Have some faith! It's going to be here by Xmas 2011...

Don't forget.... They had a T3 crew already, now the Deus crew joined them right? And didn't they aready have a game started from before (who knows if they'll use it or start over though)?

:nut:

Fatherwoodsie
13th May 2011, 18:44
There's no time frame about when its going to be released.

There are no news or information about the game at all.

Absolutely nothing, but a blurry picture of someone playing the game.

The game is being kept at absolute secrecy.

Now, for fan mission maps, i'll let my fellow brothers answer. There are fan-mission-mappers among us, i think, and even some of the developers of the Dark Mod.

I think there's a thread for Fan Missions, but i'm not shu

where is this blurry picture that you speak of? i have not seen it

Vae
13th May 2011, 18:47
Here you go...First THI4F Screenshot? (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116778).

jtr7
13th May 2011, 20:47
Many people who've seen it immediately say that cannot see it. :p

Ratze
31st May 2011, 06:06
Hey . . . i dont know if you know the release date of T4 . . . but I found this . . .

http://www.gameware.at/info/spaces/gameware/gamewareSearch?query=thief+4&actionTag=search%3Athief+4&queryWhat=products&queryPlatform=all&queryGenreCode=all&queryMaxPrice=all

Is it the rightl date?

jtr7
31st May 2011, 06:49
If it isn't officially announced by the publisher or developers themselves, it's fake. If it happens to be correct, it was a lucky guess.

dda
31st May 2011, 07:28
T4 hasn't been announced yet

Fizbop
31st May 2011, 16:52
All we have to go on is a screenshot. No other announcements have been made.

Bismarck186
1st Jun 2011, 02:14
I don't want the mass hysteria(or one of the many theories of the 2012 end of the world scenarios happening) to stop funding or production to conclude this masterpiece. Or at least giving the world an updated game modeled after the success TMA was to us fans.

I don't want this thread to devolve into whether or not 2012 is going to happen. Because anyone knowing how big the tinfoil groups for 2012 apocalypse are becoming means that there will be some sort of world panic. The question is how big it will be and how much of an impact on global economics, resources, and foreign policy is the date going to cause we won't know till it happens. Example:Y2K

However, I would rather avoid any slight possibility of this game not being published because of some future disaster even if its not apocalyptic it could be something simple like electronic gaming stocks fall because of poor economy so Eidos-Montreal has to cancel the game for more lucrative games and slash jobs to keep the company afloat. Making the delay of this game another 5 years till some other company picks up the game.

So, basically I'm asking Eidos to step up their game in completing the project within the next year to reduce the risk of never seeing the game or not seeing a sequel for a really long time ie Duke Nukem which took ten years to develop one of them being that 3D Realms had to restructure their dev team because of financial reasons in 2009 due to the housing bubble burst in 08 making the game take another two years to complete and nearly got cancelled

I know people are going to say that they want the devs to have the max amount of time to make the game perfecto and I normally would agree with that but this particular time in history has many recipes brewing that only need a few ingredients to cause chaos or at least could upset the financial markets of today
TL;DR
So, I think Eidos-Montreal needs a balance of taking time to complete but also to expedite what they can to make sure this great game gets released in a reasonable amount of time instead of it being another Duke Nukem that takes ten years to make

Do you want to wait till 2014 for a sequel? That's ten years since TDS but who says it will only be 10 years....:(

jtr7
1st Jun 2011, 02:21
Hahahahahaha!

We all want it sooner than later, but we hope it's finished and as bug-free as possible, too, as well as with some modding tools not too long after release. :p

TheJoker
1st Jun 2011, 03:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xvn_Ku55cI

esme
1st Jun 2011, 10:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY ;)

and there's nothing wrong with tinfoil hats, people have entirely the wrong idea about them

they don't keep the mind control signals out

they keep the mind control signals from the CIA implants in your teeth in

this is so you don't interfere with peoples mobile phones or flight control systems

cofiking
1st Jun 2011, 10:44
you have to get your facts strait. Go and find out what the is the true meaning of the word apocalypse.

Blue Sky
1st Jun 2011, 11:13
I'd rather EM took their time over the game and made it a fantastic game rather than rushed it because of a tiny minority of people's deranged religious beliefs!

Of course the Thief universe is inhabited by people with deranged religious beliefs, so maybe there would be some small irony in the game being scuppered because of a similar threat...

Psychomorph
1st Jun 2011, 13:47
Yes please, release the game before the end of the world.

Yaphy
1st Jun 2011, 13:51
I LIKE BACON! U Mad bro?

Psychomorph
1st Jun 2011, 14:07
Wait... why it didn't occur to me before?! The game will be released in 2012 and the title will be "Thief IV: The Apocalypse Age".
Story revolves around The Builder to come and destroy the world to rebuild it anew. The Hammers will be even more of crazy fanatics to await the end of the world and welcome it as The Builders gift to his children. Destroying the world also means to destroy the nature, which makes the Pagans to be opposed to the idea. The Hammers will believe that when the world is destroyed and rebuild, every single Hammer will be rebuilt and will populate The Builders newly forged paradise, which gives the Order of the Hammer a new influx of converts. Garrett does what he always does and finds out the truth about the Apocalypse.

This game is gonna rock!

zhunt
2nd Jun 2011, 04:56
the irony being we are all in this predicament because in a yet to be released game in the future garrett was transported back in time and his mission was the steal the rest of the dates off the mayan calendar, thus creating the end of the world crisis we will face on dec 21, 2012. nasty little paradox aint it. wonder if we get them back from his fence everything will be alright ?

Gabriel
2nd Jun 2011, 05:52
*George Constanza* People are losin' it here! LOSIN' IT!

Loup
2nd Jun 2011, 10:15
EM will probably work another year after the release of Deus EX: HR. Comparing the release of other games and the stir of promotion before a release date is set we'll probably not see a release in a while. They haven't released a single screenshot of the game yet, or no official if you count the unintended glimpses from the EM office.

maikaal
3rd Jun 2011, 12:42
After they focked up Mafia 2 and Witcher 2, I have very little hope left in the big modern pc titles. But at least Batman 2 should be great - Batman Arhkam Asylum is the only good console port that I have played.

Pieter888
3rd Jun 2011, 13:24
After they focked up Mafia 2 and Witcher 2, I have very little hope left in the big modern pc titles. But at least Batman 2 should be great - Batman Arhkam Asylum is the only good console port that I have played.

Those are not Eidos Montreal titles.:o

massimilianogoi
3rd Jun 2011, 23:31
I don't want the mass hysteria(or one of the many theories of the 2012 end of the world scenarios happening) to stop funding or production to conclude this masterpiece. Or at least giving the world an updated game modeled after the success TMA was to us fans.

I don't want this thread to devolve into whether or not 2012 is going to happen. Because anyone knowing how big the tinfoil groups for 2012 apocalypse are becoming means that there will be some sort of world panic. The question is how big it will be and how much of an impact on global economics, resources, and foreign policy is the date going to cause we won't know till it happens. Example:Y2K

However, I would rather avoid any slight possibility of this game not being published because of some future disaster even if its not apocalyptic it could be something simple like electronic gaming stocks fall because of poor economy so Eidos-Montreal has to cancel the game for more lucrative games and slash jobs to keep the company afloat. Making the delay of this game another 5 years till some other company picks up the game.

So, basically I'm asking Eidos to step up their game in completing the project within the next year to reduce the risk of never seeing the game or not seeing a sequel for a really long time ie Duke Nukem which took ten years to develop one of them being that 3D Realms had to restructure their dev team because of financial reasons in 2009 due to the housing bubble burst in 08 making the game take another two years to complete and nearly got cancelled

I know people are going to say that they want the devs to have the max amount of time to make the game perfecto and I normally would agree with that but this particular time in history has many recipes brewing that only need a few ingredients to cause chaos or at least could upset the financial markets of today
TL;DR
So, I think Eidos-Montreal needs a balance of taking time to complete but also to expedite what they can to make sure this great game gets released in a reasonable amount of time instead of it being another Duke Nukem that takes ten years to make

Do you want to wait till 2014 for a sequel? That's ten years since TDS but who says it will only be 10 years....:(

If it were like this, then that masterpiece called Thief - The Metal Age wouldn't came out... sounds familiar the word "Millennium Bug"??... If you have some memory, you remember that before 2000 all the news in the televisions told about a global breakdown of al the personal computers, because it was thought that they could not handle the passage from 99 to 100, being the year date with only two ciphers. But this didn't happen: computers just turned from 99 to 00. I remember that someone predicted even the apocalypse, because most of the engines in the nuclear reactors were controlled by computers... If LGS had your faith, well, then we would be not here to talk about Thief 4...

Tryst
4th Jun 2011, 06:00
sounds familiar the word "Millennium Bug"??... If you have some memory, you remember that before 2000 all the news in the televisions told about a global breakdown of al the personal computers, because it was thought that they could not handle the passage from 99 to 100, being the year date with only two ciphers. But this didn't happen: computers just turned from 99 to 00. I remember that someone predicted even the apocalypse, because most of the engines in the nuclear reactors were controlled by computers...
But computers back then were not as sophisticated and too dumb to realise they were supposed to bring about the end of days. :)

maikaal
4th Jun 2011, 06:34
Those are not Eidos Montreal titles.:o

I know, I was talking about the overall situation in the pc games industry, or is it anymore - it's a half a**ed console ports industry now :(

massimilianogoi
4th Jun 2011, 12:20
But computers back then were not as sophisticated and too dumb to realise they were supposed to bring about the end of days. :)

This is the same thing they told at that (Metal) age, compared to computer like Commodore or Atari.

BigBoss
4th Jun 2011, 22:27
you have to get your facts strait. Go and find out what the is the true meaning of the word apocalypse.

:lol: