PDA

View Full Version : Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th May 2009, 13:10
THE CRIPPLED BURRICK INN

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/Twizted_Viewz/83c30a2f-e76c-4ee5-8b29-c77ff6933096.jpg

___

Time to hang up your blackjack and make merriment at the bar with the rest of the townsfolk!
Tell us a little about yourself and receive a warm welcome from the forum community.

Engage in general gossip and chatter about anything Thief or random stuff.

Welcome Taffers!

____

UPDATE/EDIT

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu83/T4Mod/thiefparchment2-1.jpg

Calling all new taffers... please vote here, as a matter of urgency:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74288

Thanksies. :flowers:

Keir
11th May 2009, 13:11
Well, well, well... what a surprise :D

Welcome everyone :)

clearing
11th May 2009, 13:16
Hello :)

acridrose
11th May 2009, 13:20
haha, greetings!!

Gillie
11th May 2009, 13:23
Hello what a Glorious surprise =. :D

the resolute girl
11th May 2009, 13:24
we will first taste the wine and THEN decide if this tavern is worth our while.
if it's one of that light-headed californian wastage that passes for "innovative reboot of a franchise" nowadays we will be staying at the old tavern that provided so much joy and mature satisfaction for us.

Thievingtaffer
11th May 2009, 13:25
Hi everybody! I'm so pleased to be here!

TheJoker
11th May 2009, 13:26
Hey :)

Looking forward to be meeting Garrett in a new adventure again! :)

acridrose
11th May 2009, 13:27
We can't be sure of that yet! *holds breath*
and it's Garrett..

dark_angel_7
11th May 2009, 13:32
Hey there :)

imported_van_HellSing
11th May 2009, 13:36
H4llo th4r4 to all taff4rs, I'm v4ry 4xcit4d about Thi4f 4, but do 4xp4ct m4 to mock silly d4cisions. :D

acridrose
11th May 2009, 13:36
we are the opening-day fans! An honour indeed, taffers!

mayan
11th May 2009, 13:43
Hi. Nothing special to say at the moment except that it's really good to have this game announced to look forward to.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th May 2009, 13:51
Wow, the bar is very busy and the merriment is intoxicating! :cool:

Welcome all. *clinks ale glass* :D

BrokenArts
11th May 2009, 13:54
This will be interesting, I'm glad that the team is actually talking to us, AND reading over at TTLG. Thief has a loyal fan base, glad to know they are listening, I hope in the end, everyone will be happy. :)

Rastaanparta
11th May 2009, 14:01
Good day, fellow guild members. I'm pleased to join the discussion of this title, which I'm sure we all eagerly wait for. Merry meet.

TheJoker
11th May 2009, 14:08
We can't be sure of that yet! *holds breath*
and it's Garrett..

Hehe nice typo of me :o

And yes, that is true.
Even so I do think that Garrett needs to be involved somehow. Otherwise I really don't see how Eidos would survive due to all Theif fans flaming them for not having him somewhere in the game :P

ASHASSIN
11th May 2009, 14:12
Hello all. Praise the builder for continuing this awesome series. (just make sure the title changes to something more mature....)

UrUkUs
11th May 2009, 14:13
САЛАМ всем руссакам! Hello taffers!

Psywood
11th May 2009, 14:15
Hi Everyone, hope all is well.

str8g8
11th May 2009, 14:16
Hello to all, and to eidos montreal, probably the bravest (or most foolhardy) devs on the planet :¬)

Actually I considered applying when the team was announced ... but I flunked French at school, and it sounds kinda cold ...

Yandros
11th May 2009, 14:23
Now THIS is a cause for celebration! Another round, barkeep!

This will be interesting, I'm glad that the team is actually talking to us, AND reading over at TTLG. Thief has a loyal fan base, glad to know they are listening, I hope in the end, everyone will be happy. :)
Quoted for truth. Everybody watch out, she's gonna be swingin' from the rafters tonight! :D

mister_riz
11th May 2009, 14:24
Hello peeps.

I'm 24, male from St Helens in England.

Favourite games are RTS (fav = CoH) and FPS (fav = CS:S)

However Thief 2 is my favourite game ever and I'm stunned and excited about T4 in equal measure.

UrUkUs
11th May 2009, 14:26

oh no... It's you from blackcrapgames?:rasp:

UrUkUs
11th May 2009, 14:30
Hello peeps.

I'm 24, male from St Helens in England.

Favourite games are RTS (fav = CoH) and FPS (fav = CS:S)

However Thief 2 is my favourite game ever and I'm stunned and excited about T4 in equal measure.

what about ur credit card number?:lmao:

Bukary
11th May 2009, 14:36
Bukary (old comrade with old debts) on board!

It's good to see so many TTLG members here!

Let's hope our fan missions will look pale in comparision with Thief 4 levels... :)

Illuminus
11th May 2009, 14:46
Hello everyone one...

Hey BA :D

René
11th May 2009, 14:53
Hello everyone, and welcome! This is a very exciting day after not being able to say anything for so long and lurking in the Classic forum and TTLG forums without saying anything!

Thanks to Keir for helping us get under way and your fabulous moderator Viktoria for getting us rolling with some key threads! Don't hesitate to send me a PM at any time.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th May 2009, 14:56
Yes, special thanks to Keir for giving us a splendid forum, I love the design. :thumb:

Nightwalker
11th May 2009, 15:07
Hi, everyone! :)

Komag
11th May 2009, 15:14
Hi all, greetings around!

R_Soul
11th May 2009, 15:24
I'm so stealthy nobody will even realise I've posted.

edit: Oh wait...

NathanGPLC
11th May 2009, 15:29
Hallo!

My name is Nathan Rockwood, and I'm very happy to see this beginning!

Though I'm currently a teacher-in-training, I spend a lot of my free time freelancing as a game writer/developer (tabletop RPGs, not computer games; the Cortex system, the Serenity and Battlestar Galactica RPGs, etc), and one of my favorite activities has always been to roleplay in the Thief universe using homebrew game systems. I always look forward to more canonical stories and information!

Blessed be,
~Nathan

Abru
11th May 2009, 15:34
Hello :)

Necros
11th May 2009, 15:40
Welcome you taffers! :wave: Good to see new faces. :)

I'm a big Thief fan too, let's hope we'll get a worthy sequel. :cool:

KuBiLaY17
11th May 2009, 15:43
wow its known for couple of hours and there are allready lots of topics and posts. hi taffers.

Grundbegriff
11th May 2009, 16:07
Superb news!

May those who hold the purse strings give much artistic liberty to those who cut them.

~ Grundbegriff

Grimmy
11th May 2009, 16:09
Hi taffors! I'm a member of polish thief-forum and Thievery player ( hello fellow blackcatgamers! ), I hope to see a great fourth episode of Garrett's perils :)

on a side note: been waiting for an activation mail on my Gmail acount and was like why isn't it there yet? Went to check my spam box...:rolleyes: :D

Nate
11th May 2009, 16:12
Hear Hear!

UrUkUs
11th May 2009, 16:18
Hi taffors! I'm a member of polish thief-forum and Thievery player ( hello fellow blackcatgamers! ), I hope to see a great fourth episode of Garrett's perils :)

on a side note: been waiting for an activation mail on my Gmail acount and was like why isn't it there yet? Went to check my spam box...:rolleyes: :D

ohai grimm!

Nomad_soul
11th May 2009, 16:19
Hello Fellow Thief Fans, Finally its Official YAAY!

Gabriel
11th May 2009, 16:21
Hello there, fellow taffers!
Here's to a great and worthy sequel (or prequel) to the first 3 games! :)

(Got to admit I was a bit disappointed by the title, but let's hope for the best)

Gabriel
11th May 2009, 16:23
Hello there, fellow taffers!
Here's to a great and worthy sequel (or prequel) to the first 3 games! :)

(Got to admit I was a bit disappointed by the title, but let's hope for the best)

sorry for the doublepost, an admin please delete this one..

kiltin
11th May 2009, 16:26
"peeks out from the shadows......."
Finally! :eek: I have been waiting for this for a very long time!!

Jerion
11th May 2009, 16:27
Hey everybody, it's Mr. K from the DX3 forum. It's so great to finally have this go official! Very nice theme too. I almost feel bad for René though. Now he'll have to spend more time at his desk.

:D

Iazu
11th May 2009, 16:30
Hello everyone. Been a fan since the original Thief's demo came out, and been a lurker at ttlg since around then as well.

4B4a4n4d4i4t4
11th May 2009, 16:31
Hi there ya blackjack whores! :wave:

Garrett in T4 will hunt for thieves as guard and will drink their blood like a vampire. It’s true, I tell you! :rasp:

In fact Thievery rulez! :naughty:

Nate
11th May 2009, 16:36
I wonder if Eidos is a bit surprised at how many of us are already all over this forum?

UrUkUs
11th May 2009, 16:38
Hi there ya blackjack whores! :wave:

Garrett in T4 will hunt for thieves as guard and will drink their blood like a vampire. It’s true, I tell you! :rasp:

In fact Thievery rulez! :naughty:

lul, Bandit what drugs are u taking, pls tell me!:nut: And yeah, Thievery sux, buggy ****!:lmao:

Iroquois
11th May 2009, 16:48
Hey there, good luck with the project. If you're reading and you're wondering, here's a couple of things you might want to consider:

1) Garrett stays.
2) Use Thief 2 as a guide; the series peaked there for a reason.

Hope it goes well.

theBlackman
11th May 2009, 16:49
Where's that keg of the good stuff. The GANG'S ALL HERE! well, almost. Some of 'em fell by the wayside, so lift your firkin for "Gumdrop", "rickNmel", "Munin the Raven", and others of the dearly departed.

SageSavage
11th May 2009, 16:56
Doesn't really come as a surprise but HURRAY! Thief 4 has officially been announced. That actually makes me happy. Now, let the whining begin!

I can usually be found in the Deus Ex 3-forums but I guess this will become my second (EM-)home from now. Hello, fellow forumites!

zeitshabba
11th May 2009, 17:01
The Thief series is the only PC game I've played since Meridian 59... and to think I purchased the original Thief out of curiousity and have an unhealthy love towards ever since. I don't have time to game, but dammit I'll make time for this one - whatever platform it lands on, I'll own for this game alone.

I registered simply to post my appreciation.

Eidos Montreal, thank you very, very much.

SlyFoxx
11th May 2009, 17:24
Can't say enough how happy I am to have another forum from which to nix purses. You see, the rent is due as usual...and though I'm quite adept at a little B&E...this is much easier.:p

Vladimyre
11th May 2009, 18:28
Oh yes, there will be much whine'ing in these halls. But I've got a good feeling about this, the thief series has always had a passionate following. Debate is good, from the IP that EM has picked up it really looks like they have a passion for Thief and Deus when you really care about an IP it shines through to the finished product ( ususally ;) )

imported_van_HellSing
11th May 2009, 18:37
I'm looking forward to the game, really. I'm just dwelling on the whole ridiculous "Thi4f" thing since that's basically all we've got... DX3 at least got an awesome teaser that you could spend weeks dissecting.We just got a lousy logo.

Spyhopping
11th May 2009, 18:40
Wow, brilliant turnout. This place is heaving with people

I've never had the pleasure of involving myself with the Thief online community, but there's never a bad time to start. I hang about the DX3 forums, rather quieter there but then I like it that way. Perhaps this place will calm down a little eventually!

GmanPro
11th May 2009, 19:32
Yay for Thief 4! I'm so happy I could burst! A pity that there's only the logo, but its better than nothing. Now we just need to wait another 1000 days until release date! :D :D :( :(

jhook
11th May 2009, 20:14
Yep, I wouldn't miss this!!!

Hope this continues in the steampunk universe. Saw some neo modern art of Garret with a gun? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Let's hope they keep everything in the same universe! :thumb:

xXFl4meXx
11th May 2009, 20:25
When I saw the announcement for Thief 4, I literally jumped out of my seat!

Like Jhook said, I hope they keep everything in the same universe! Otherwise :mad2:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th May 2009, 20:27
Holy Hammers! :eek:
According to the current thread views count... no less than 1,157 taffers have visited the tavern already today, and the night is still young! :cool:

Welcome one and all. :)

D.H1cks
11th May 2009, 20:50
Hi all!

I've been hoping for a new Thief game for so long....

Now I gotta go find my T2 disks.

Jerion
11th May 2009, 20:53
I'm looking forward to the game, really. I'm just dwelling on the whole ridiculous "Thi4f" thing since that's basically all we've got... DX3 at least got an awesome teaser that you could spend weeks dissecting.We just got a lousy logo.

Wow, brilliant turnout. This place is heaving with people

I've never had the pleasure of involving myself with the Thief online community, but there's never a bad time to start. I hang about the DX3 forums, rather quieter there but then I like it that way. Perhaps this place will calm down a little eventually!

Holy Hammers! :eek:
According to the current thread views count... no less than 1,157 taffers have visited the tavern already today, and the night is still young! :cool:

Welcome one and all. :)

Yeah, It's amazing. It's like there's this whole ocean of people descending on the forums with this announcement. :D

Now where is Officer Half? He must be around here somewhere...

Squall
11th May 2009, 20:57
Wooo hooo!!!! This is some of the best news I've seen all year!

imported_van_HellSing
11th May 2009, 20:57
Looks like TTLG's exploded due to excessive traffic, I can't load the forums :lmao:

raindawg
11th May 2009, 21:03
*waves at the TTLGers* :wave:

(it's me! henke!)

Hello everyone else! :)

Princess_Frosty
11th May 2009, 21:05
Hi everyone, old old OLD school Thief fan back from the hole I dissapeared in to once Thief 3 destroyed my life and killed my dog!

Lets get our chat on! :)

Spyhopping
11th May 2009, 21:28
Aww wish I'd been more involved online back in the day. It seems like everyone's having a little reunion

This is awesome, some of the threads down there have already been viewed 3000+ times since lunch :D It will probably accelerate even more as word gets around. Viktoria and René are gunna have their work cut out modding this place, for sure!

Wazootyman
11th May 2009, 21:40
Well met, taffers! I've never really been involved in the the online Thief community (mostly just lurked over on TTLG from time to time), but it would seem now is as appropriate a time as any to make my appearance :)

Thief is easily my favorite series of all time, and I have high hopes for this fourth installment. I hope to have some good discussions with all of you fans and devs over something we clearly all hold near and dear :)

See you all around the boards!

sgt_geist
11th May 2009, 21:43
Yo, wassup people..

imported_van_HellSing
11th May 2009, 21:47
Havin' some Biddleybong.

Gan Xodos
11th May 2009, 21:58
:rasp: I LOVE EIDOS!!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

P.S. Heartless Perry is a coward with no balls whatsoever

P.P.S. Hi All! As you can see I love Thief even though I've only played deadly shadows (PC obviously), but it's one of my favorite games ever!

Dia1
11th May 2009, 22:07
Hey kids! I see a few names from TTLG here (I'm sure there are more that have taken on aliases, too) and I already feel at home. Think I'll stick around & peruse the T4 threads here for awhile. Especially since TTLG seems to be having server probs and there's only about 16 members who have access. ;)

Anyhow; I'm over the moon with the news about the upcoming Thief 4!!! Have to admit, I honestly NEVER thought it would happen. Great news indeed!!!!!

Errrmmmm ...anybody seen jtr? He said he had an extra chocolate mug for me.

cimerians
11th May 2009, 22:10
Hello All! Thief is back!

I cannot wait! Best news I have heard in a while.

Crypto
11th May 2009, 22:50
Hello, Dante from the TTLG Forums (can't say I'm a hardened veteran, though :hmm:).

I love how much attention the announcement is getting these forums. Countless players are already flocking to the site and registering. :D

Sapare
11th May 2009, 23:01
Hi all!
I've been hoping for a new Thief game for so long...(From the moment I finished Thief DS,)(and no I never played Thief 1, but finished thief 2 and 3, and saw my brother play thief 1 from beginning to end)

BTW, just because I hear allot of people complaining about Thief DS, I don't get why. It was still an great game and I liked DS as much as I liked Thief 2.(why do I have the feeling I be killed for saying this...)

Dia1
11th May 2009, 23:14
Looks like TTLG's exploded due to excessive traffic, I can't load the forums :lmao:

Saam's server is down. :( But Digi's working on it. Try http://212.227.54.9/forums/ though I warn you there's only about 16 people who have managed to access it so far! It's kind of like a ghost town there right now.

Wamplet
11th May 2009, 23:27
Thanks for the update on the ttlg site.

I have been currently playing nearly all of the Thief 2 and 1 Fan missions since last December in anticipation of this game being announced and I regularly visit that wonderful site for hints on some of the maps.

Garrett21
11th May 2009, 23:36
Greets all i've been waiting for this day for years the return of the best damn stealth title on the market. Thank You Eidos!

eepcat
12th May 2009, 00:01
Eepcat here. The scars from TDS are still quite visible. I'm cautiously optimistic. This is, however, an exciting day...there is great hope again!
Ouch! The background for this website is killing me!
- eep!

Goliath The Thief
12th May 2009, 00:08
Heh, Thief. My favorite game! Ever!

From the story to the music to the sounds to the characters to the gameplay to the cutscenes to the fun to the voice acting... and to pretty much everything I didn't mention, its incredibly great. I'm looking forward to see what you guys are up to :)

Et salut René; beau chandail des Remparts! ;) Tu viens de Québec?

Dia1
12th May 2009, 02:29
Eepcat here. The scars from TDS are still quite visible. I'm cautiously optimistic. This is, however, an exciting day...there is great hope again!
Ouch! The background for this website is killing me!
- eep!

Seconded and seconded again. I'm starting to see spots.

(Even when you try to change the color theme (offered at bottom of page) it doesn't change.)

BrokenArts
12th May 2009, 03:02
Scars run deep. We may forgive, but, we don't forget. :tongue2:

Smooogy
12th May 2009, 03:46
Hey everyone! I'm so taffin stoked for Garrett to make his misanthropic return!

I'm so glad Eidos is looking to renew the thief franchise because in this economy, you gotta have a winner, and with the fan base like it is, if they work their hearts out on this game, you know its going to make money! That aside, can you imagine the possibilities of thief 4?

Modern graphics - yes!
Advanced stealth - yes! (Not Assassin's creed style stupidity - even though I like that game :P
Return of the BEST video game story to ever see the light of day? Um, yeah I want that 2 ! !

Nate
12th May 2009, 05:53
Yeah, we can do without Assassin's Creed super acrobatics and repetitive missions.

Rockn-Roll
12th May 2009, 06:33
Cool. Something to look forward too! I think Thief was one of the first FPSs which was really scary with those chain clinking wights...having to sneak around them while they moaned and clanked. The dinosaurs were awesome too...the best fun I had shooting broadheads. Thief 2 was a great game too...awesome story and gameplay.

But, god I hope Thi4f is nothing like Thief 3...that had very little that was truly fun, well the rooftop action was cool, and there was a bit of a scary section in the hospital. But, reloading every 2 minutes was a joke. I've got an Intel i7 965 with 6GB of RAM, a 1GB nVidia GTX285 OC, Fatal1ty Titanium, a 64GB solid state drive, and Windows Vista Business 64-bit. I can probably load up the entire game in 15 seconds. Sure, it's not what everyone else has, but please don't make it a fixed architecture.

Jables_Kage
12th May 2009, 08:37
Howdy TAFF4RS!

lolz

berntrop
12th May 2009, 08:44
Ooh I am sooo happy! I love the Thief series dearly, and am a big fan of stealth!

Cheers Taffers!
<Clink>
<Glugglugglug>

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th May 2009, 09:51
Extra kegs of ale ordered for the tavern party!. :thumb:

Welcome Taffers! :cool:

BrokenArts
12th May 2009, 12:10
Cool. Something to look forward too! I think Thief was one of the first FPSs which was really scary with those chain clinking wights...having to sneak around them while they moaned and clanked. The dinosaurs were awesome too...the best fun I had shooting broadheads. Thief 2 was a great game too...awesome story and gameplay.

You are talking about the Hammer Haunts, and those dinosaurs are the Burricks.

Burricks at their best (http://modetwo.net/users/brokenarts/GummsiesBurricks.mp3)

twisty
12th May 2009, 12:57
twisty signing in...

I used to be a regular at the Crippled Burrick but haven't frequented the Eidos forums for years. Definitely a good reason to come back here again.

BrokenArts
12th May 2009, 13:49
Welcome back twisty. :)

SeaBiscuit
12th May 2009, 14:43
Hey everyone... Thief series was the ****... can't wait....

Demtor
12th May 2009, 14:44
Woo hoo! Thief is back mother taffers! I never dreamed it would happed after the dismal 3rd game. Here's to a brighter future where Eidos does everything to fix what Ion Storm Austin broke, or at least, I can only hope. Cheers!

Flashart
12th May 2009, 17:35
Ahoy hoy, finally made! The dress restrictions were pretty tough, now
on with the show.

Vladimyre
12th May 2009, 17:45
It'll be a long wait but I'm guessing it'll be worth it. I think it's a darn smart move to announce it this early helps people feel more involved with the game and great PR :)

Wazootyman
12th May 2009, 19:27
You are talking about the Hammer Haunts, and those dinosaurs are the Burricks.

Burricks at their best (http://modetwo.net/users/brokenarts/GummsiesBurricks.mp3)

I never knew Burricks had such a musical side to them :P

That made me laugh, thanks for sharing :)

Zadok the Priest
12th May 2009, 20:24
Salutations, sinners. Lost my passion for computer games some years ago. However, I was sitting on the lavatory at lunch hour, reminiscing over the good old days, wondering if Garrett would ever return. The timing was coincidental. Good to be back.

BrokenArts
12th May 2009, 22:22
I never knew Burricks had such a musical side to them :P

That made me laugh, thanks for sharing :)

You are welcome, I've had it for years, thought it was a good time to share once again. :) It always brings a smile.

Direlord
12th May 2009, 22:31
I wonder if Eidos is a bit surprised at how many of us are already all over this forum?

I don't think they are surprised. I do however wonder if they fully realize what they are getting themselves into and the fanatical devotion some of us have for the classic Thief Games and Garrett.

Like many i'm a big Thief fan since the orginal game and was glad to hear a new Thief is in the works.

So this is my hello to everyone on the forum of which i'm sure i'll troll from time to time.

Clavietika
13th May 2009, 02:06
Hello All! Just joined after hearing the excellent news. I've been a Thief fan since the release of the first one and I'm so excited for the next installment.

Pangalactic
13th May 2009, 02:10
Man it's funny. For no good reason a couple weeks ago I just dusted off the old Thief games for the first time in years, replaying them....so I stopped by the TTLG forums and people are buzzing about the imminent announcement of a new Thief game?! Sweet coincidence!

GmanPro
13th May 2009, 02:13
I might as well formally introduce myself, seeing as I never did it on the Deus Ex 3 forums. :whistle:

My name is Matt. I am 18 years old. Thief and Deus Ex are some of my favorite games ever and I hope that the new games will be among my favorites as well.

So ... Hi everyone! :wave:

tokamak
13th May 2009, 02:42
Thief fan from Tacoma, Washington here.

I'm glad to see that Eidos is working on a new episode of for the series. From what I've read the team is not going to include anyone from Looking Glass. I'm not sure that's in the best interest of the project. Whatever happens, I think that we need to get back to the "feel" that the game had in Thief I and II. We should also stick with high quality animations for the cutscenes. They age better than the CG stuff.

GmanPro
13th May 2009, 02:46
We should also stick with high quality animations for the cutscenes. They age better than the CG stuff.

True. Though I'm sure they will be using motion capture for the animations, so it should turn out good.

SageSavage
13th May 2009, 11:42
I don't think they are surprised. I do however wonder if they fully realize what they are getting themselves into and the fanatical devotion some of us have for the classic Thief Games and Garrett.
I am sure they've learned a lesson or two about fanatical devotion in the DX3-forums... :whistle:

buBleZ
13th May 2009, 12:31
Hey everyone. Its gr8 to be here discussing abt one of the best series in games

Vladimyre
13th May 2009, 15:13
Hello, I'm Vladimyre

And I like long walks along rooftops, my bow, appropriating items from homes/banks/museums/cemetaries/churches, bludgeoning people unconcious and relieving them of excess valuables.

I've got great corporate skills with my network of fenc....I mean buyers. And look forward to any future business deals that may be mutually profitable.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th May 2009, 15:54
Welcome to the tavern, all new Taffers! :wave: Grab yourself a tankard of ale and join us in merry dance. :group_hug:

LordPirate
13th May 2009, 17:56
Ahoy 'hoy! Great to hear there's another Thief game on the way. Thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Vladimyre
13th May 2009, 17:56
I don't know about everyone else but personally, I'm hoping since EM has been working on Deus Ex first that it will teach them some stuff that will help make Thief IV better. :D But I'm purely being selfish. IMHO the Thief series is my personal favorite.

Maethius
13th May 2009, 20:07
New to taffin' around here, but have been crawling, mantling and ghosting for a long time.

The idea of a new Thief game is exciting... what I've read on "Thi4f" fills me with dread.

tender19
13th May 2009, 21:36
Hi. I'm a 22 year old hungarian taffer. I've been playing Thief for nine years now. The first two are the games that inspired me most as an artist - I'm actually a writer (published only short stories so far, first novel maybe next year) and a video game designer (currently working on my first game with experienced artist and programmers, casual garage-project stuff, should be done by this summer), so I'm really excited, what's next. I really want Thief 4 to go back to it's roots, so I'm gonna taff around here until that happens :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th May 2009, 23:39
I love that phrase "go back to its roots"... its always good to see it cropping up (an unexpected pun, right there :D } time and time again. :thumb:

Welcome all. :wave:

Peter_Smith
14th May 2009, 02:12
I am delighted to hear the news that T4 is underway. Also it is good to see so many familiar faces and some new ones here.

Viktoria, you are doing a great job as a mod, and you seem to be quite in tune with Thief and what it should be.

This has been said before, but I hope that the T4 team can play a lot of the great T2 Fan Missions and come to appreciate what we mean by back to the basics.

The Magpie
14th May 2009, 04:01
Superb news!

May those who hold the purse strings give much artistic liberty to those who cut them.

~ Grundbegriff

Grundie! TTLG called, your intelligence is needed in the Thief forums!

I share your wish, too.

Me? I just wrote the Novice Keeper's Lexicon (http://www.thief-thecircle.com/guides/lexicon/) back in the day. It's wrong. Please use The Dark Wiki (http://thief.wikia.com/) instead. And contribute.

--
Larris

demagogue
14th May 2009, 06:03
Hello everybody. Nice to see some familiar names (for me) and a lot of new ones. :)

Ice1019
14th May 2009, 06:46
21 year old American, been gaming since Jetfighter 1 on MS-DOS.

Thief 2: The Metal Age has been my all time favorite since the first time I booted it up in 2000.

Other faves: Bioshock, Ghost Recon, Diablo 2, Fallout

Great to see all the taffers coming out of the woodwork, it's been waaay too long.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th May 2009, 09:09
I am delighted to hear the news that T4 is underway. Also it is good to see so many familiar faces and some new ones here.

Viktoria, you are doing a great job as a mod, and you seem to be quite in tune with Thief and what it should be.

This has been said before, but I hope that the T4 team can play a lot of the great T2 Fan Missions and come to appreciate what we mean by back to the basics.

Thanks Peter. :)
Yes, I am a devoted fan of the Thief games (more 1 & 2) and continue to play all the fan missions you speak of. In fact, I ALWAYS put another current game I am playing on hold when a new mission is released. I am truly obsessed.. but all these fan missions have made me sooooo happy for all these years! :cool:

Welcome, new Taffers! :wave:

massimilianogoi
14th May 2009, 11:50
Time to hang up your blackjack and make merriment at the bar with the rest of the townsfolk!
Tell us a little about yourself and receive a warm welcome from the forum community.

Engage in general gossip and chatter about all things relating to Thief.

Welcome Taffers!

OHHHH finally I succeded to register!!! :nut:

This is my very first post in this thread :)

Viki: your system of registration doesn't work, be aware! I've had to register as massimilianogoi1 instead of my real nick massimilianogoi, just because your server didn't send to my email adress the email of confirm :mad2:

Please do something about this. Most pepole said that they have problems with the mail adress, and using yahoo worked. My previous mail was on libero.it server (max****@libero.it), and didn't worked.

And,please, could you change my actual nick with the original "massimilianogoi"?

Thanks in advance.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th May 2009, 12:09
Welcome Taffer, sorry to hear your journey to the tavern has been a long and arduous one. :(
You can report any problems in the thread HERE ( http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88645)

Unfortunately, I am unable to amend your username, sorry.

massimilianogoi
14th May 2009, 12:43
Welcome Taffer, sorry to hear your journey to the tavern has been a long and arduous one. :(
You can report any problems in the thread HERE ( http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88645)

Unfortunately, I am unable to amend your username, sorry.

And who can do this??

It's about three days that I tried to register, I would be the first in 11th May otherwise. But I preferred to wait the confirmation mail or the answer to the signaling I've done to your Contacts address, but no-one answered.

Anyway, I'm here to help you in developing this fourth chapter, I'm sure that my advices could give a better shape to the game.

Corvin25
14th May 2009, 14:24
I'm a graphic artist/writer, and a huge fan of the series. :) ..... well, not a HUGE fan of TDS. But that's why we're all here. To help you make this game what it SHOULD be. ;)

Just a question though... how exactly do the mods and devs sort through all the threads and suggestions and discussion therein? Do you read every single post? Because having been to the Blizzard (WoW) forums, you can understand that some people may get the idea that they are not being heard. O_o

... not that I'm accusing or anything. We just don't want our suggestions to fall on deaf ears. ^_^ If I can help you guys in the creative process in any way, I'm here. And I fully intend to play through the series again to get some material for you.

In fact, I'm such a fan of the series that I built a whole new computer out of decade-old parts just so I could play 1 and 2 again! :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th May 2009, 16:04
And who can do this??

It's about three days that I tried to register, I would be the first in 11th May otherwise. But I preferred to wait the confirmation mail or the answer to the signaling I've done to your Contacts address, but no-one answered.

Anyway, I'm here to help you in developing this fourth chapter, I'm sure that my advices could give a better shape to the game.

I am not sure, but perhaps send a PM to GoranAgar who is dealing with the report thead. Good luck. :)

We have some very talented Taffers in our midst, welcome all. :wave:
Don't forget EM are recruiting, perhaps they could use your talents.
Check HERE ( http://www.eidosmontreal.com/en/index.html)

Hypevosa
15th May 2009, 00:13
Names Hypevosa, or Hype for short. I was a fan of the thief games since I first saw the styalized text title on the side of the box at an EB games. I liked the way it looked, and the thought of being a thief sounded like fun... so I gave it a go. I loved it, the intricacy, the stealth, the *thunk* "uughhhh..." It was an awesome came. Then thief 2 came out, and the metal age wasn't disappointing either. So the graphics weren't top notch? the art, the story, the gameplay was all awesome. I got deadly shadows for PC, and it wasn't as good as the other games, but it was cool nonetheless. If you look at my avatar, it's a bastardization of the symbol in the Woodsie Lord's forehead, and I've used it as a symbol for a long time.

And so I'm here, because I want to be a part of making this game great :D

programicpro
15th May 2009, 01:33
Hi all, l,m Robert

The thief series is alive again.

Thanks for making another great game to keep hard core gamers busy!!

l,m old as the 8088
and a great coder in that era

Thieffanman
15th May 2009, 02:48
Hello!

Been a Thief Fan ever since I played "Dark Project" :-). I'm from Silicon Valley in California, USA :-).

--Thieffanman

siklara
15th May 2009, 11:14
Greetings, my fellow taffers, it's Klára from Hungary!

Reading all these posts make me feel bad about never being involved in the online Thief community, but I guess the announcement of Thief 4 is a good opportunity to join in the fun. Welcome another regular TTLG lurker on stage! :D

Everything began around 2000 with the Thief 2 demo... I couldn't believe a game level could be so vast, complex, full of secrets, so ALIVE. I fell in love with the City and its amusing inhabitants, with the atmosphere, and with the mysterious and witty master thief, not to mention the brilliant voice acting. It was perfect in every possible way and you could really feel the devotedness of the Looking Glass staff. Ever since then I've played Thief 1-2 so many times that I stopped counting after a while, it just became a habit, an addiction. Deadly Shadows also had its good points, but it was pale in comparison to its memorable ancestors.

I've come to this tavern for the same reason as most of you taffers have; to take part in the creation of another legend. : )

Good luck with the making of Thi4f (lolz, still looks so weird) and feel free to depend a lot on our tips and ideas! :D

Jilly The Taffer
15th May 2009, 11:22
Greetings everyone. I'm Jilly from England. And thiefobsessedgirl from the Looking Glass forums.

I've loved Thief ever since Dark Project back in 1998. Nostalgia >_<

Really looking forward to Thief 4, just to experience the dark and patient atmosphere that makes Thief so special to me.

tender19
15th May 2009, 11:31
Greetings, my fellow taffers, it's Klára from Hungary!

Reading all these posts make me feel bad about never being involved in the online Thief community, but I guess the announcement of Thief 4 is a good opportunity to join in the fun. Welcome another regular TTLG lurker on stage! :D

Everything began around 2000 with the Thief 2 demo... I couldn't believe a game level could be so vast, complex, full of secrets, so ALIVE. I fell in love with the City and its amusing inhabitants, with the atmosphere, and with the mysterious and witty master thief, not to mention the brilliant voice acting. It was perfect in every possible way and you could really feel the devotedness of the Looking Glass staff. Ever since then I've played Thief 1-2 so many times that I stopped counting after a while, it just became a habit, an addiction. Deadly Shadows also had its good points, but it was pale in comparison to its memorable ancestors.

I've come to this tavern for the same reason as most of you taffers have; to take part in the creation of another legend. : )

Good luck with the making of Thi4f (lolz, still looks so weird) and feel free to depend a lot on our tips and ideas! :D

Sziaaa! :o

siklara
15th May 2009, 11:50
Sziaaa! :oSzia! I've read your introduction and was expecting you to be here anyways. :)

To be on-topic, it makes me sooo happy to see all these Thief fans gathered here! :o

Necros
15th May 2009, 12:19
A special welcome to all the Hungarian taffers! :wave:

But of course I'm happy for everybody else too, here is a little surprise to prove it: :flowers: :D

I've introduced myself in the DX3 forums but I guess I should say some stuff here too, because I'll spend a lot of time on these boards as well. So, I'm a 25 years old guy from Hungary, from a small town near the Hortobágy. I work the night shift for an online company and write news articles for PC Guru Online (like the Thief 4 announcement :)). I fell in love with the Thief games when the T2 demo came out, I loved it and played with it for many hours. But I have to admit I first met this legendary series when I was a bit younger, just really starting gaming with my first PC (yeah, I joined the club a bit late, didn't have the money before) and I'm ashamed to admit it but I found T1 boring and dumb at that time. I've only played with games like Doom, Shadow Warrior and Blood before, so I didn't know a lot about what gaming can offer. I installed Carmageddon 2 instead. :o :D But after some time I opened my eyes and saw that there's more to gaming then just shooting and blowing stuff up. And after Thief 2 I got DX1, T1, T Gold and started looking at other genres too, like RPGs, RTSs and so on.
So yes, Thief was a big influence in my life too. :cool: Thank you Looking Glass and Ion Storm!

Sorry, I didn't want to write such a long post. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th May 2009, 16:07
Welcome, fellow Taffers. :wave:

Fiddlesticks
15th May 2009, 19:30
Been taffing around since Dark Project. I was amazed by the athmosphere which this game created, this game is truly an artwork and i love it. I am from Austria, Vienna

René
15th May 2009, 21:43
I just realized I haven't said hello on here yet! I'm René, I live in Montréal, and I work at Eidos Montreal. (duh!) I'm a fan of Thief since the beginning. Here is a pic of my desk!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/ares7777/renes_desk.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
15th May 2009, 23:18
^
Wow, the coolest desk... EVER!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Limesneeker
16th May 2009, 00:19
Hi, I´m 22 and student of physics and philosophy.

The Thief games inspired me in so many ways (hehe not in the way you may think :p)

...through them I got interested in architecture/art history and even did some concept art.

I even think that the games brought me to philosophy because concepts like order and chaos, the ultimate failure of a single (narrow) worldview are major themes in the storyline.

In my opinion the DS plot finished this idea perfectly -the very philosophy of balance (of the keepers) failed because ultimately it was as narrow minded as the other two itself, while in the end Garrett brought balance by acting without suppporting any philosophy but with pure common sense.

Haha I´ve studied so many philosophy books (east and west) just to find out that computer games I´ve played years ago are containing a bit of the ultimate truth ;)

kaekaelyn
16th May 2009, 04:18
Hey! My name's Kaelyn and I'm glad to join you guys. Unfortunately, it's been a long time since I've been able to relive Thief 1 & 2, but I must say, they definitely opened my eyes to a new gaming experience, particularly Thief 2. I also legitimately enjoyed TDS, despite its flaws.

Because of my financial difficulties I will probably not be able to play Thief 4 until it is already a rather old game, because I am unable to purchase a PC (I have a Mac laptop through my school--hey, it works well for composing!) However, I still want to see it be as great a game as it can be, so I'm happy to offer my suggestions, for what they're worth! Don't listen to the cynics--we as a community are thrilled to learn that there's going to be a Thief 4, and we're excited about the possibilities. I think with a franchise like this it is absolutely essential to listen to the fans, so I hope you take in all of our suggestions! Thanks a lot!

xDarknessFallsx
16th May 2009, 05:32
I just realized I haven't said hello on here yet! I'm René, I live in Montréal, and I work at Eidos Montreal. (duh!) I'm a fan of Thief since the beginning. Here is a pic of my desk!

You are very lucky to be a part of this game's creation! i look very much forward to learning more about this game and finally getting a chance to play it! best of luck with developing it. So far I really like all of your group's energy and excitement... please keep it up! PS: I like your desk decorations :)

tender19
16th May 2009, 06:50
^
Wow, the coolest desk... EVER!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Except for DE2 and TDS :rasp:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th May 2009, 08:59
Mmmm, I guess I am inclined to agree. :whistle: :D

Welcome new Taffers! :wave:

Necros
16th May 2009, 09:16
Except for DE2 and TDS :rasp:
Nope, they look great all together. :p :cool:

tender19
16th May 2009, 09:24
Nope, they look great all together. :p :cool:

Well, maybe, but I'd be ashamed if I spent money on those :D Maybe as a gift I would welcome them, but... I only own Thief 1-2 and Deus Ex GOTY. Still in need of a T:Gold though.

I wonder if Eidos is planning to make a Thief trilogy box-set with T:Gold and extras, before T4 comes out...

Necros
16th May 2009, 09:52
I wonder if Eidos is planning to make a Thief trilogy box-set with T:Gold and extras, before T4 comes out...
:thumb: René, I hope you see this and will make it so!

vasanx
16th May 2009, 16:31
How rude of me to not introduce myself and I'm already at my 24th post exluding this one.

Greetings fellow taffers.

I'm 26 and I'm from Malaysia. That's the country above Singapore and yes, we do speak English.

Started with TMA meself. It was love at first sight. But seeing as how I started with the sequel I was a bit lost at the time.

I was working as a waiter in 2000 after my O-levels when I met a fellow taffer/waiter. That guy was totally in love with TDP and haven't played TMA yet and I just finished TMA and was looking to get TDP.

We ended up trading our discs and when the restaurant went bankrupt 9 months later, we stopped contacting each other. Neither of us bothered to call to get back our games. I guess the pain of seeing each other again would have too much or somethin. I dunno.

I must be going against the trend here when I say I enjoyed TDP more than TMA. The Trickster thing really spooked me honestly. The Industrial thing in TMA while not bad just wasn't as scary. Plus, TDP had the very, very hot Viktoria. Hubba, hubba.

Oh, you guys remember going through those caves with them Burricks around? It was the scariest ***** ever. I remember holding my breath when I was walking past a herd of them, listening to their heavy breathing, praying that they won't hear me. That is how you make a game people!

And people wonder why we love TDP and TMA so much.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th May 2009, 00:24
^
Better late than never! :p

Welcome. :cool:

BlooferLady
17th May 2009, 01:13
Hello all,

I'm a 22 year old from Houston, TX.

I'm a long-time thief player, and a long-time Eidos/TTLG forum lurker. If you've seen me around, it's been me asking how to jerry-rig TG onto my computer or to tweak TDS so that I can actually play it. My brother introduced me to TMA when I was 10, and I loved it, even though I was awful at the playing style. Thief got me started on stealth-based gaming and I've never looked back! Here's hoping the new game lives up to its predecessors.

BrokenArts
17th May 2009, 02:42

I hope you don't mind, may I show this? Who here has one? ;) This is my hat. I would wear it, I look like a total dork and thug when I put it on. I've got the same games, same trapezoid boxes. Strictly Thief speaking that is.

http://modetwo.net/users/brokenarts/thiefhat.jpg

René
17th May 2009, 03:42
I hope you don't mind, may I show this? Who here has one? ;) This is my hat. I would wear it, I look like a total dork and thug when I put it on. I've got the same games, same trapezoid boxes. Strictly Thief speaking that is.

Whoa, cool! Did you buy that years ago or did you make it?

BrokenArts
17th May 2009, 05:21
Thank you! Oh no, that was not made by me. That is an original Eidos T2 hat. Years ago, one of the admins around here sent those hats out to people on the forums, Eidos and TTLG a few taffers that helped people, basically the hardcore members. I believe theBlackman, and probably Peter Smith also have one, there are others. I was very touched, and it was utterly cool to get it. I guard it with my life, lol.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th May 2009, 10:22
That hat is an amazing peice of memorabilia, I would certainly guard it with my life too and wear it with pride. :cool:
Thanks for sharing. :)

Welcome BlooferLady. :wave:

BrokenArts
17th May 2009, 13:42
Thank you Viktoria, I just wanted to share an old piece of memorabilia. There was a thread started on TTLG a while back about all the goodies that people have. It was fun to see. I thought I'd share.

I almost bought on Ebay 2 years, an in store stand up window display for T2. The guy only wanted $60.00 for it. He got the shipping wrong, it would of cost about the same to ship it. He offered a refund since the shipping was wrong, I took it. I had to move and no room for it. Bit of a bummer, but, oh well.

Gillie
17th May 2009, 13:55
Thank you! Oh no, that was not made by me. That is an original Eidos T2 hat. Years ago, one of the admins around here sent those hats out to people on the forums, Eidos and TTLG a few taffers that helped people, basically the hardcore members. I believe theBlackman, and probably Peter Smith also have one, there are others. I was very touched, and it was utterly cool to get it. I guard it with my life, lol.

I don't blame you,that hat is awesome. :D

Yaphy
17th May 2009, 19:36
Hi everyone! Im a Thief-fan from Sweden ( Not Switzerland, thank you very much)
Who i am? Im Yaphy of course, hehe! :rasp:
When i did my standard monthly search for Thief 4 at google and actually found something i got all dizzy. But now im hear with you Taffers! :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th May 2009, 08:50
Warmest greetings, Yaphy! :cool:

Caranfin
18th May 2009, 13:02
Hey everyone. I'm a 19-year-old Thief-player, traceur, and history geek from Finland. Got introduced to Thief in 1999 by my uncle, and have been more or less regularly playing the games since.

GambitGeek
18th May 2009, 14:51
I am GambitGeek. I don't want them [pants]... I just want to know if I can steal them!

Gameplay Experience

Thief: The Dark Project ( T1 )

Thief 2: The Metal Age ( T2 )

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows ( T3 )

Deus Ex ( DX1 )

Deux Ex: Invisible War ( DX2 )

Other Experience (Current & Otherwise)

'D20 Tabletop AD&D' Larcenist
- Rogue Thief, No Multiclass

'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' Larcenist
- Thieves Guild Member, No Multiclass

'Dungeons & Dragons Online' Rogue
- Rogue, No Multiclass, Maxed Disable/Open Lock

'SecondLife.com' Thieves' Guild Master
- 2 separate roleplay simulators
- Focused on Larceny through roleplay and treasure-hunts

Currently employed as a Computer Field Technician

Volunteered as a Beta Tester

- GambitGeek

Yaphy
18th May 2009, 21:04
Warmest greetings, Yaphy! :cool:

Thanks! I really appreciate that! :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th May 2009, 23:11
Thanks! I really appreciate that! :D

You are most welcome. :)
All the other taffers here are supposed to welcome new townsfolk too, but it seems they are too drunk to notice! :D

Greetings to traceur and GambitGeek. :cool:

bhava
19th May 2009, 00:52
we are the opening-day fans! An honour indeed, fluffies!

vasanx
19th May 2009, 03:37
All the other taffers here are supposed to welcome new townsfolk too, but it seems they are too drunk to notice! :D

Haha. I don't drink by the way so I really got no excuse, do I?

Barux haba BlooferLady (We've met), Yaphy, Caranfin, GambitGeek, bhava! :friends:

Hey, here's an idea.

Why don't we put up list of all the people here by nationality?

Let's see how international Thief really is. Plus, I'd like to meet a Thief fan from my own country. Especially, if its a lady taffer. I'm so totally gonna ask her out! :D

Caranfin
19th May 2009, 09:02
Greetings to traceur and GambitGeek. :cool:
Thanks for the welcome! I guess you mean me with traceur. It's just a fancy frenchy way of saying I practice parkour. :)

Barux haba BlooferLady (We've met), Yaphy, Caranfin, GambitGeek, bhava! :friends:

Thank you, too. And hello. :wave:

Garrett2727
19th May 2009, 10:08
Hey all t4ffers! :wave:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th May 2009, 12:59
Hey, here's an idea.

Why don't we put up list of all the people here by nationality?

Let's see how international Thief really is. Plus, I'd like to meet a Thief fan from my own country. Especially, if its a lady taffer. I'm so totally gonna ask her out! :D

Please feel free to create a poll and discussion thread for nationality/country of origin. :cool:

Yaphy
19th May 2009, 18:05
Hey all t4ffers! :wave:

Hi there! :D

WVI
19th May 2009, 18:32
Hey guys. I'm an amateur game designer with a pretty dramatic life. Seriously, we're talking Lifetime Original Movie dramatic. Turned me into quite the weird fellow...But I embrace that! Normality is dumb anyway.

Vladimyre
19th May 2009, 18:50
I must agree, normal is absolutely boring.

Although thief fans tend to be a little left/right of center anyway. Makes it interesting.

GmanPro
19th May 2009, 18:59
... thief fans tend to be awesome ...

Fix'd ;)

WVI
19th May 2009, 19:03
To be honest? I think Metroid has the best fanbase. Most of them, in my experience, are very reserved, and a lot of them critical thinkers. The MOTHER fanbase is up there, but they tend to overhype things.

Haven't had enough experience to look at Thief's fanbase yet. Don't disappoint me! >_>

BrokenArts
19th May 2009, 22:20
Then you need to be exposed to TTLG and get more Thief Exposure there too.

MasterTaffer
19th May 2009, 22:27
Huh, I wonder how I missed this thread.

Hiya, names Master Taffer, real name is Nate. Been playing Thief since the Dark Project was released in 1998 and have been a Thief enthusiast since day one (I hate the term "Fan" and associate it with bickering and complaining people who are arrogant never satisfied with anything.) I've already been enjoying some civil conversation around here, and look forward to more.

Delamora
19th May 2009, 23:13
*sidles in through the door*

Hello taffers, long time Thief player, first time poster. I tend to just lurk in the shadows of forums ;)

Inspector Drept
20th May 2009, 02:58
Hi taffers.
I´m a journalist from Brazil.
I have played the entire trilogy. I love all three games.
And of course I like Inspector Drept, the coolest Hammerite in the world.

Drackulis
20th May 2009, 14:08
Hi taffers. :wave:I just saw that Thief 4 is announced so I came here running into the pub. Nothing special with me but the question is: When is Thief going to be in the shops???
I got money ready $$$$$$$$$$:scratch::)

Vasquez
20th May 2009, 14:33
Yay, I finally got in! Thanks to powers that be :)

BrokenArts
20th May 2009, 16:06
Hey everyone, and hello Vasquez, glad to see you finally made it in, and you don't have a number one by your name. Good. :p :)

Lozza86-UK
20th May 2009, 16:22
Hi everyone. Its good to be posting in a Thief IV forum! :D

My name is Lawrence, I'm 22 and I'm from Luton, England.

Vasquez
20th May 2009, 16:37
glad to see you finally made it in, and you don't have a number one by your name. Good. :p :)

Thanks! And yeah, B..tching & whining at TTLG seemed to help :D

(Edit. Ohoho, no naughty words here!)

jay10
20th May 2009, 17:25
Hi to all.
I am new to the THEIF forum, although I have been using the Arkham Asylum site.
I was wondering if anyone could help/explain a little about the Thief games. I am 360 owner and understanding that this will be the 4th (obviously) game of the series. Having not followed much of the other 3 games. Just wanted a little basic knowledge of the series.
I have researched a little online myself and would like to get into this forum to start discussing the 4th game.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

stoker
20th May 2009, 18:03
*plumps*
The next lurker with no mossy blackjack. Hello. :)

Ravenwood
20th May 2009, 21:54
Hello world!

Always wonderful news to hear of more adventures of everyone's favorite antisocial taffer.

Stath MIA
21st May 2009, 00:13
Greetings brother/sister taffers! After much effort I finally managed to register.

wes2819
21st May 2009, 07:14
Greetsie :wave:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st May 2009, 09:27
Wavsies to the Taffers of the world! :wave: :cool:

siklara
21st May 2009, 18:26
Hail to all the new taffers, have a drink! :D

WVI
22nd May 2009, 20:54
I'm worried people aren't going to take the topic I just made too well. <_<

EDIT: Aaaaand Blackcat thought it was serious. No offense to him, but I'm starting to wonder what the qualifications for being a mod are.

Zephyr
22nd May 2009, 22:10
Hello to all taffers!! :D Greeetings from Finland!

May the Trickster bless you.

WVI
23rd May 2009, 20:02
EDIT: Woops, a quick search shows that I was wrong. NOTHING SAID HERE, PEOPLES.

huzi73
26th May 2009, 11:01
I'm worried people aren't going to take the topic I just made too well. <_<

EDIT: Aaaaand Blackcat thought it was serious. No offense to him, but I'm starting to wonder what the qualifications for being a mod are.

Funniest thread on the forum no doubt!!!Keep it up

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th May 2009, 15:24
^
It's sorted now, so no need to keep anything up. :)

Any more taffers lurking around the corners? If so.... GREETSIES!!! :wave:

Maeglin Lightfoot
26th May 2009, 17:23
Well hello there. I'm Maeglin Lightfoot. Some older taffers may remember me from my days over at TTLG as "deadman." Imagine my surprise when I type "thief 4" out of mock boredom in the address bar today and get redirected to this site ;) I'm a 26 year old junior going to UCD (Denver) seeking a BFA in 3D animation; let's just say the atmosphere of Thief was a huge influence in that decision. Don't know how active I'll be here, especially once the fall semester starts up again, but here's hoping for a sequel worthy of the Thief franchise! (among other things, this means no botched dynamic lighting engines ala "Deadly Shadows" to screw things up)

Cheers!

Gray

SlyFoxx
27th May 2009, 00:55
Whoa...deadman is in da house.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
27th May 2009, 07:31
Welcome to the Taffer's Tavern, best ale house in town! :cool: :D

Sierra Oscar
27th May 2009, 17:10
Hey all, been lurking the forums since I heard about the Thief 4 announcement - and finally took the decision to take part in discussions in this community - as it seems pretty awesome.:D

I was born, and am currently living in Ireland.

Look forward to seeing everyone around.;)

Iscor
27th May 2009, 17:12
Buncha taffers in this city!! *sips ale in the corner looking shifty* .. I joke :D
Hi all!

jandarsun8
27th May 2009, 21:37
I didn't think they were going to but they have... Thief 4 in dev... Was pointed this out by someone else who liked the games.

I just wanted to post to say that I'm happy to see this happening.

Good day. :D

Jand.

Yaphy
27th May 2009, 21:46
Hi all new taffers. Hope you will have a good time here! This Forum is gettin bigger all the time, I wonder how many thief fans who havent found it yet? :wave::D

Sierra Oscar
27th May 2009, 22:52
Hehe, I think most Thief enthusiasts are glad the series will have another game.:D

Jilly The Taffer
28th May 2009, 16:11
I greeters you all!

*looks at the ale from the Taffers Tavern*

Wow, what is in this stuff?____________ *hic*

Uppee daydee, uppee daydee, uppee daydee dooo... :nut:

Gillie
28th May 2009, 16:36

Hello Mr Sly Fox any new Fan missions lurking on the horizon?.
If those who have not played them you should, pure joy and fun.:D

Hiya all again. :thumb:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th May 2009, 09:38
Bows humbly down and gives praise to all fan-mission makers. :worship: :cool:

Welcome! :wave:

CookieMcCrumble
29th May 2009, 18:03
Hey everyone :)

I've been a thief fan since launch day of TDP back in what... 1998 or so?

After playing through the Bafford's Manor demo about 25 times I had to have the game, and there it came into my life forever :)

The news that T4 was going to be in production was absolutely brilliant for me - it's my favourite series of all time and I really hope that everyone here as a community alongside the developers can make this a fantastic game.

I'm a big ps3 gamer at the moment, not much to do in the world of PC gaming, only when I can't boot the missus off the tv when she's watching soaps and other rubbish lol

So hello everyone!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th May 2009, 18:07
Crumbs, McCrumble... time to tell your missus that Thief games are much more fun than soaps! :D
Oh well, guess its just the way the cookie crumbles, huh? ;)

I love your name! Welcome. :wave:

Gillie
29th May 2009, 18:16
Bows humbly down and gives praise to all fan-mission makers. :worship: :cool:

Praise indeed They are truly amazing just glorious all the work that goes into them for us to play. The wonderful details and stories I so admire them all. Long may they reign. Far to many to even mention. Seven Sisters just one epic over three nights, practically a whole game. :thumb:

Hello Cookie McCrumble. :wave:
I actually played TDS first none the less a true fan since. It is exciting know there will be another Thief game, It is all I play. The wonderful fan missions that keep appearing, keeping Thief alive? :)

CookieMcCrumble
29th May 2009, 18:18
Thanks for the welcomes :D

I can imagine nothing better than sitting in my front room with the ps3 on playing T4 in full hd on my 40" tv :D

That sounds like gaming heaven to me!

Let's also hope for a fan mission system that can migrate over all formats, that would be awesome.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st May 2009, 09:22
Haha, whenever I see your name, Cookie McCrumbles, I get a serious attack of the munchies! :eek:
Damn, there goes my diet... :rolleyes:

CheesyCat
31st May 2009, 16:30
Hello all!

Can't wait for 4 but I needs ropesey arrows!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st May 2009, 21:39
Greetsies, CheesyCat. :wave:

Taffer17
1st Jun 2009, 02:02
H4llo th4r4 to all taff4rs, I'm v4ry 4xcit4d about Thi4f 4, but do 4xp4ct m4 to mock silly d4cisions. :D

and quit4 a silly d4cision ind44d :rasp:

Rachie
1st Jun 2009, 07:51
Thief 4?!?

YES!! SCORE! WOO!

I'm relatively new to the Thief scene. And I've only ever played DS (boo hiss, you 'oldies' say) but I'm still a fan. :D And I'm really happy about this news.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jun 2009, 09:26
Welcome Rachie! :)

While you wait for T4, perhaps it might be a good idea to go buy the first two games? They are very cheap now. You can play the fan missions then too, many of which are truly awesome! :cool:

Timvanzan
1st Jun 2009, 10:51
New to the Eidos Forums:wave:

Very big fan of the Thief projects. Kinda grew up with them:p

Happy to be here!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jun 2009, 20:24
Nice to grow up with Thief... hopefully we can all grow old with it too. :cool:

Zahr Dalsk
2nd Jun 2009, 01:09
I'm Zahr Dalsk.

Fan of the Thief series in general, and the Pagans and Mechanists (and to a lesser degree, Hammerites) in particular.

Not too happy with the draconian avatar and signature limits of these forums, but eh, the content in the Thief 4 section is interesting, so worth staying for.

Maeglin Lightfoot
2nd Jun 2009, 01:52

Hey, someone remembered me... and a serious taffer at that :lmao: *waves*.

I was going to make another smart comment re: the Deadly Shadows forum and then thought better of it ;)

Onward and upward, yes? Let's give 'em all our best and brightest (ideas and level designers, that is).

The Mental Age
2nd Jun 2009, 19:32
Hello there everyone. :D

I JUST found out about this game yesterday. Great timing, really - I'm just on the last level of Thief 2. I'm all set and ready to play this new game! I hope it's better than DS... >.< Not fond of that game, really. Metal Age is my favorite. Can you tell? ^_^

bassmanret
2nd Jun 2009, 19:45
Hey, how 'bout that! T4!!! I actually tried to register here years ago, but something somehow somewhere went horribly wrong and I was never able to log in. But, now I'm here, my registration worked, my login worked, and just in time it seems!

Howdy all! :wave:

BackStabber
3rd Jun 2009, 05:30
:cool: SEO rocks! Thief 4 will rule!

huzi73
3rd Jun 2009, 10:21
SEO??? What's that???

Yaphy
3rd Jun 2009, 18:07
Wow, what a great thread. The subject...I couldnt have made a more specific name to it...:rolleyes:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 18:56
Wow, what a great thread. The subject...I couldnt have made a more specific name to it...:rolleyes:

No problems, I merged into the Tavern thread... seems the best place for it. :D

Greetsies to our new Taffers! :wave:

MasterTaffer
3rd Jun 2009, 23:39
SEO??? What's that???

South Eastern Orthopedists, I think...

Shadow Blade
6th Jun 2009, 16:52
Hey all you Taffers!! Its great to be apart of the community especially one that is as dedicated to game as this one. Wow thief 4 thats the best news ive heard in a while. I started gaming at an early age thanks to my uncle. TDP was one of the first games i was introduced to. I was hooked from the second I started hiding from guards and running away from zombies (while having a heart attack to i might add). I believe that if the thief team get it right (which they certainly could) thief 4 would go down as one of the greatest stealth games of its time. Thief 4 has an unlimited amount of potencial and I (as well as the rest of the Taffers) will be handing in the best ideas we can think of specially for thief team. (",). From this day forth I dedicate myself to coming up with any ideas that might help or be usefull in any way no matter how small. Good luck thief team and all the best our hopes rest with you

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2009, 16:59
A most superb first post, taffer! :thumb:

Greetsies to you and enjoy the forum! :)

danofar
9th Jun 2009, 13:19
Well well, after several years of typing 'thief 4' into google and hoping to get a result, its finally happened! Big fan of the whole series, can't wait for this one!
And to all the Eidos crew in Montreal, Bonjour :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jun 2009, 14:15
Bonjour, danofar! :cool:

Keeper Llorsen
9th Jun 2009, 16:06
Cool, Thief 4, I've been waiting forever for the announcement.

I hope Eidos keeps it steampunk and dark.

Haven't read up much on any details yet, so I dunno if they have said anything about game plans..

Anyways, hey taffers.

So I've been a diehard Thief fan since I found TDP under my grandfathers stack of PC games.. Ever since then, I had to play every day.
And I just might be the only Thief fan alive that wasn't disappointed much by T3.

Anyways, nice tavern, taffers.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Jun 2009, 08:21
A warm and humble welcome to you, Keeper Llorsen. :wave:

BG_HHaunt
11th Jun 2009, 09:08
At last the game is announced.
I don't mind the thie4f it's not that bad.If EM makes a good game the title doesn't matter.

Psi Yamaneko
11th Jun 2009, 17:26
Hello, hello!

I'm not new! But I sort of am, since my last activity here was five years ago. Things change, people change, seasons drag on...Psi returns to chit-chat~

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Jun 2009, 11:01
Welcome taffers. :)

Liriel
12th Jun 2009, 12:27
Was hab ich lange auf Teil 4 gewartet. Bitte bitte macht ihn gut!!!!:flowers:

kin
12th Jun 2009, 12:40
It's in the rules not to post in other languages than english

kabatta
12th Jun 2009, 13:35
The guy was too happy to notice. Classic. I was as overwhelmed with happyness when I heard abouth the official productiona of the game.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Jun 2009, 13:57
Was hab ich lange auf Teil 4 gewartet. Bitte bitte macht ihn gut!!!!:flowers:
Willkommen! :wave:

Bitte helfen Sie uns zu verstehen, indem Sie die englische Sprache! Danke. :flowers:

Translation (hopefully!): Welcome! So that everyone here can understand, please use the English language. Thank you.

Thieffanman
13th Jun 2009, 05:03
Cool, Thief 4, I've been waiting forever for the announcement.

I hope Eidos keeps it steampunk and dark.

Amen to that :).

And I just might be the only Thief fan alive that wasn't disappointed much by T3.

There are a handful of us here. :) Welcome to the party :D.

--Thieffanman

LordGervasius
14th Jun 2009, 00:33
I just found out Thief 4 is official. I'm happier than I can describe.

fayfuya
14th Jun 2009, 18:13
Hello, i'm addicted to sneaking ^^, i wear only black and like dark places...i turn off the light in my room often, i'm just so Garrett...i wish i could meet him for real :'(
Anyway! i would like to thank Eidos for making Thief 4, that's the best news i heard this year.
BTW, what in the name of hell's bells is taffer?
plz answer me in private message cause it's difficult to find my way in the forums :D

Wispmage
17th Jun 2009, 23:09
Wow, good to see a thriving community all anxiously awaiting the 4th installment. Hey everyone, I'll be around, posting here and there. Hope to get to know all of you better in the coming weeks. =)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Jun 2009, 07:37
New taffers are always welcome, so greetsies to you all. :wave:

R3AL
18th Jun 2009, 20:03
What if thief 4 was like the new friday the 13th?Not saying you would be at camp crystal lake fighting jason or anything but the way they did the remake.They made friday the 13th part 1,2,and 3 into one movie.How cool would it be to go threw all three thief games with the graphics and game engines we have today?Not saying they would all three be the same as the first but they would follow the same story lines,tweaking here and there,revamping the old levels and trying to slim down all those great levels into maybe 16 30 min missions or maybe 6-8 1 hour missons.That to me would be something I could see playing over and over again.

R3AL
19th Jun 2009, 22:25
a revamp

R3AL
19th Jun 2009, 22:59
kinda like the new friday the 13th,the first 30 min were the fisrt one,the next 30 mins were the 2nd and the last hour was part 3.you could have 3 or 4 missions getting into the eye and all that goodness,the next few missions about the metal age,and the the last few missions wrap it all up,chop the whole series into bite size little pieces and put it back together.Honestly i just think theif would be so much better if it was redone with todays tech.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2009, 23:48
Welcome to our latest taffers! :flowers:

R3AL
20th Jun 2009, 11:18
Nice...

CaptainObvious
21st Jun 2009, 15:02
I'm already here for a few days but I guess it never hurts to say hi. I already slouched about in the IonStorm Thief forum until it went under, and I hope me registering here doesn't have the same effect:rasp:

LordGervasius
21st Jun 2009, 17:31
damn, i had to go back and reinstall tds since i've recently finished tdp and tma already. this game can't come out fast enough. My thief cds are showing signs of wear

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Jun 2009, 21:46
Welcome new taffers - a Lord and a Captain, no less! Both worthy of a bottle of the finest mead at the tavern tonight. Cheers! :cool:

Keeper Gurgul
25th Jun 2009, 01:25
Welcome!
Mind if I join this fine Thieves' Guild? :cool: From time to time, I may take the opportunity to drop some scribbles over to the Fanarts Section :)
Thievish regards!

hellknightlizz
26th Jun 2009, 21:11
Hihi....im Lizzy, Thief series of games is possibly the best series I can think of. Yes. It beats THE SIMSSSSSS.

Ahem. Thief 2's my favorite, and I hated the swirly purple mist and 3rd person viewpoint of DS....Anyone else?!