PDA

View Full Version : Tomb raider 9

Deadly_Disaster
10th May 2009, 17:57
Eidos officially confirms that Cyrstal Dynamics are now working on next Tomb Raider i.e Tomb Raider 9 , and no other details have been announced yet .
Eidos President Ian Livingstone briefly loitered around the subject of Tomb Raider 9,
He just says that "The next Tomb Raider, I think, will surprise a lot of people and reinvigorate the franchise. There are some remarkable things we're doing in the next Tomb Raider to make you say, "Oh Lara, I love you so much!"

So guys just cheer up for the upcoming Tomb Raider and have lots of fun :thumb:

Source: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3640.html

Gitb97
10th May 2009, 18:16
woooott!! gears of war is nothing like uncharted btw!

Omg lara !!

I already freaking love you!!

Aaah!! Tr9 !!

Ideas people ideas!!

andrew90
10th May 2009, 20:19
[size="7"]

Omg lara !!

I already freaking love you!!

you're so crazy ( joking:) )

"Tomb Raider is a different league, and an equally, if not better, game than Uncharted to my mind."

Definitely better, than any other game!:)
PS: I'm glad that Lara remains with CD.

Deadly_Disaster
10th May 2009, 21:03
No this is not a joke
Go and check yourself

Gitb97
10th May 2009, 21:22
no deadly disaster he was saying

GITB90 YOU ARE CRAZY. ONLY JOKING

i know its official because TR CHRONICLES never lie

Sina_Croft
10th May 2009, 21:37
I like the confirming thingy, but I'm not sure what to expect with the "reinvigorate the franchise" and stuff.

brandibuck
14th May 2009, 16:14
I really dont think it can surprise me.......

They said that the next game will be probably the best years ago...

It wasnt that much true

I THINK WE SHOULD GIVE THEM IDEAS OFFICIALY

jayjay119
14th May 2009, 16:25
Hmm loving that article. I take it with Epic Lindstrom gone Ian is now at the helm. Which by reading that post I am optimistic about. I think he actually get TR and what it's about.

TRA_Abomination
14th May 2009, 16:44
:) finally, now lets just hope this one is good..bring life back to the series PLZ!!

Wlado.Srbija
14th May 2009, 16:45
EXCELLENT! I can't wait for the next TR!
But don't get too excited, since this is something new, it could happen like AoD.....

aussie500
15th May 2009, 06:12
Hmm loving that article. I take it with Epic Lindstrom gone Ian is now at the helm. Which by reading that post I am optimistic about. I think he actually get TR and what it's about. Ian works for Eidos, not Crystal Dynamics and he is more a spokesperson and author these days than a games designer.

josh1122
15th May 2009, 06:21
female friendly lara confirmed? lol jk :rasp:

josh1122
15th May 2009, 06:25
female friendly lara confirmed. lol jk

gizmo
15th May 2009, 13:24
I just read the article on TR9 now and I'm kinda excited.
But I'm not too sure bout this whole reinventing Lara thingy, I just don't think thats a good idea :rolleyes:

tombraider1best
15th May 2009, 17:58
Eidos officially confirms that Cyrstal Dynamics are now working on next Tomb Raider i.e Tomb Raider 9 , and no other details have been announced yet .
Eidos President Ian Livingstone briefly loitered around the subject of Tomb Raider 9,
He just says that "The next Tomb Raider, I think, will surprise a lot of people and reinvigorate the franchise. There are some remarkable things we're doing in the next Tomb Raider to make you say, "Oh Lara, I love you so much!"

So guys just cheer up for the upcoming Tomb Raider and have lots of fun :thumb:

Source: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3640.html

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how could you now i am goina be impatient lol

tombraidergal
15th May 2009, 20:13
Finally! but i wonna know what the name is, i'll just have to wait longer. i knew if i didn't come on these forums there'd be news on tr9, so i haven't been on for months... lol. anyone miss me?:D

tombraider1best
15th May 2009, 20:34
NO LOL only kiddin ;)

Gitb97
17th May 2009, 00:32
Finally! but i wonna know what the name is, i'll just have to wait longer. i knew if i didn't come on these forums there'd be news on tr9, so i haven't been on for months... lol. anyone miss me?:D

DONT WE ALL? and no..

why is your name tombraiderGAL .. GAL isnt even a word how ANNOYING is the word GAL i hate it!

hatam1
4th Jun 2009, 23:20
i want to know what the name of the game
it will be a great game

The_Elite_One_13
5th Jun 2009, 04:53
This is just what I have been wanting to hear ever since I finished TRU. BTW when I first bought TRU for PS3 I had a regular TV, I have recently spoiled myself with a Sony 40" HDTV and I have begun playing TRU over, it's like playing a whole new game.............. let me just say WOW!!!!! Nothing compares to that. This is definitely the way TR is supposed to be enjoyed!

tombraidergal
6th Jun 2009, 09:26
DONT WE ALL? and no..

why is your name tombraiderGAL .. GAL isnt even a word how ANNOYING is the word GAL i hate it!

Chill out! Gal is like slang for girl. Actally, gitb isn't even a word. Does it stand for something? Initials? Like your name is Georgia and the rest is your name and surname?

josh1122
6th Jun 2009, 09:28
Anyone else more terrified than excited by Ian's announcement...

Or am I the only one

also @gitb: lay off the sugar

TombRaiderFan09
6th Jun 2009, 09:44
I would like Tomb Raider 9, if Lara doesn't die when she drops 1ft or 2, in TR1-AOD, she would only lose about a quarter of her life if she fell 1ft or 2.

Rexie
6th Jun 2009, 10:44
Sigh, here it goes again.

Take a break Eidos. You'll get anough cash from the Batman game.

Juliet
6th Jun 2009, 16:22
I'm glad to hear that they are making a new Tomb Raider game, but I'm "scared" at the same time. I hope they don't change TOO much, I like Lara the way she is now.
I just hope they make a really good game, and don't screw it up by changing everything. I like the way Crystal have done the games so far, so I hope they stick to it!:)

Dr.Willard
7th Jun 2009, 00:13
Poor Lara. She'll be something from multiple personality disorder soon.

Impress me is all I can say on the subject.

LC is Me
7th Jun 2009, 15:24
Sigh, here it goes again.

Take a break Eidos. You'll get anough cash from the Batman game.
My friend is stupid enough to buy a PS3 just so he can get the bonus Joker Challenge levels. I told him the only way he could get them was if he pre-ordered. He was out of money and can't do it.

:thud:
For the lose...

Jinnyskeans
8th Jun 2009, 00:28
Lara needs a reboot, cds format is good but stale. need something fresh!

Eidos are going to be very careful with TR this time.
Mainly because they dont want to give up on Lara and the TR franchise but if this next game goes badly then we might not be seeing lara again for a while!

I have the feeling that the next TR will be amazing, i know they wont change what Tomb Raider is about (explortion and adventure) and they wont change Lara much(i hope!) but they will change the what Tomb Raider is and i look forward to see what they come up with and if its enough to rejuvinate the series.

Icetea555
8th Jun 2009, 16:48
They need to bring back Lara Croft reddish brown hair color. And color to the game.
No color
http://i44.tinypic.com/20abadt.jpg
Color (This is just an example of a game with color
http://i40.tinypic.com/1445zxz.jpg

LC is Me
9th Jun 2009, 16:03
They need to bring back Lara Croft reddish brown hair color. And color to the game.
No color
http://i44.tinypic.com/20abadt.jpg
Color (This is just an example of a game with color
http://i40.tinypic.com/1445zxz.jpg

The game was dark for a reason, you know.

I thought Thailand was nice and lush with color, and the water was beautiful.
But the game was more about reaching a darker side in the series, kind of like AOD was kind of dark at some points. Besides, that was the Xibalba level, the level right after her house has been blown up and Alister killed: I don't think Crystal would make it a sunny, happy, bright day after all of that happened.
xD

As for the hair, it doesn't matter to me. Her hair isn't really what's important to me. A good TR game is what's important to me, and, not that Lara's physical traits aren't important to me, her hair just doesn't make the game good. So it shouldn't be a main focus as of now.
:)

Bampire
10th Jun 2009, 09:22
All I want is Lara to be and look like Lara. I want the game to keep the nostalgia.

I want it to be long, not just the first time through, like TR:U. I want something like Anniversary, where it had so much replayability to it. Where you were inspired to get everything in the game, just so you can play her in a different outfit, or a different cheat, or even the new videos you'd be able to unlock along with Conceptual artwork. TR:U was awesome, but the treasure hunting got a bit tedious to the point of bore-factor. I wasn't inspired to get everything jsut for the sake of the artwork. I appreciate art, don't get me wrong, but just getting everything in the game that you can look through a book to see the artwork is somewhat of a waste of time.

So, I wish for more playable content like Legend and Anniversary.

Also, it would be awesome if we had the capability to mix-n-match her tops and bottoms in the game, like they gave us the luxory to do so at the beginning of each level, with outfits.. We should have just a bit more freedom with that. Like, if we wanted Lara to wear her classic teal top and pants, we would make that happen. Or her TR:U tank with her snow pants, for the hell of it. It would be very amusing for the player to do that. I know Lara is no dress up doll,. but that's what she's been lately. We have freedom with her wordrobe, it's only fair to let us have a bit more of that lovely freeedoooommmm..

Okay, with Underworld to rewatch our cutscenes we would have to 1. replay whole game. 2. replay scene. That isn't enough. I wish it was a bit more like Anniversary, with the extra content. The music, oh man.. The music.. I love to put TR:A into my console just to listen to the music, on occasions. It's so lovely. I also love the music to underworld, but to listen to that I have to replay a scene or look through some sites just to listen to it. I don't have money for the collectable version to listen to the music, either.

Anyway, I end my rambling, for now.

David 070
10th Jun 2009, 13:30
u know if they made a cartoon style lara croft and tombs & enemys it might bring alot of little kids to the game.

im thinking either cartoon or very very realistic. i wouldnt mind cartoon mario style .just for a little change but nottt permanent! :)

btw u guys who have played uw are lucky! my pc wont run it. o well. :)

cant wait to see what it is!!! hehe :)

Quetzalcoatl
10th Jun 2009, 13:40
I think it might be called Tomb Raider: Revolution (TRR) hehe Seeing as they wish to reinvigorate the franchise. Although TBH I feel like everyone's throwing that phrase around lately, especially with movies and games.

I once had an idea for a TR game called Tomb Raider: Ireland, which would be based solely in Ireland funny enough:lol: And Lara would be on a quest to find the four ancient weapons of the Irish gods the Tuatha de Danaan (the cauldron of dagda, spear of lugh, sword of nuada/light and stone of fal/destiny). There would be lots of cool ancient tombs and underground temples, given that Ireland has some of the most ancient sites in the world like Newgrange and some pretty spectacular locations, like mountain ranges and coastal areas. Then the final levels would involve travelling to the realm of the Sidhe (shee), where legend says the Tuatha disppeared to after the end of their rule. (The Ireland level from TRC could've been so much better!)

This is just what I have been wanting to hear ever since I finished TRU. BTW when I first bought TRU for PS3 I had a regular TV, I have recently spoiled myself with a Sony 40" HDTV and I have begun playing TRU over, it's like playing a whole new game.............. let me just say WOW!!!!! Nothing compares to that. This is definitely the way TR is supposed to be enjoyed!

Hey

I did the same, had a crappy tv when I started playing TRU but had been planning to buy a newbie. Then I got a 40" HD one and it's amazing, as im playing on xbox360 too :D

Sina_Croft
10th Jun 2009, 15:11
Hey

I did the same, had a crappy tv when I started playing TRU but had been planning to buy a newbie. Then I got a 40" HD one and it's amazing, as im playing on xbox360 too :D

quit double posting already xD

IvanaKC
10th Jun 2009, 16:47
I agree with Goar, absolutely! :thumb:

Quetzalcoatl
11th Jun 2009, 15:04
quit double posting already xD

Uh...I was replying to different posts from different people...:scratch:

Sina_Croft
11th Jun 2009, 16:17

That makes no difference. If you want to post to different people with multiple quotes or whatever, you can use the edit button. ;)

Rexie
11th Jun 2009, 17:37

*Cough* Double posting is making two(or more) posts in the row, use the dit button, and it's against the rules *cough*

[/mod hat]

Veppie
11th Jun 2009, 17:51
Could some female please tell me what's unfriendly about Lara. I'm female, and I dont't think anything is 'unfriendly' about her.
Yes her boobs are big, but not extreme (we actually have the same size), she weres tight clothes. So what?
Who's really offended by Lara's looks?

I fear the next TR as much as I want it right now. What the hell are they going to do to her?

josh1122
11th Jun 2009, 18:53
I honestly feel were going to see Lara dramatically change even more than we saw from the transition from Core's Lara to CD's Lara and I'm more scared than excited really for TR 9

Sina_Croft
12th Jun 2009, 07:31
I don't think there is any unfriendly thing about her. There are thing I prefer to be different, like her hair or such. But not really what matters to the character. Somewhere I want her to be more sexy :p Like the people do in XNA and stuff :D :p