PDA

View Full Version : no female thugs ?

gaiking2003
8th May 2009, 09:22
looking at the screenshots it looks like apart from harley quin
thare are no female baddies ,female villain , female thugs or female Arkham Asylum inmates in the game
it just seemed a little odd and i was wondering why ?
this is not a big problem maybe we just have not seen them yet

if any one has spoted please post them
cos i don,t want the batman game to sexist
i think batman has the right to beat up female baddies as well as male baddies

stoobytoons
8th May 2009, 10:08
Maybe they're worried that punching girls would be frowned upon?

Tim Drake
8th May 2009, 10:25
Besides, Arkham is a house for the criminally insane.. Aren't that many women who fall in that category, so it doesn't really bother me.

stoobytoons
8th May 2009, 10:31
^You don't date much, do you? lol

I'm joking.

Tim Drake
8th May 2009, 10:42
lol, nice one
But no, can't say that I do. Been in a relationship for 1/2 year now, so luckily most insane single women have passed me by.

luke344
8th May 2009, 10:53

I'm joking.

Lol best joke of the day. On topic it might be due how the media react to things in games and blow it out of porption or the developers didn't think it was important and focused on other areas of the game.

Strife2k7
8th May 2009, 11:59
If I remember correctly, in one of the early interviews Sefton Hill did mention that most of the thugs in the game were shipped over to Arkham from Blackgate prison after Joker attacked and damaged that facility. If that's the case, there wouldn't be any female thugs if Blackgate is like most prisons and gender-segregated.

In terms of Asylum inmates though, we've only seen the handful that are shown in Harley's reveal trailer, so there may very well be female models of the straight-jacket crazies. The bigger thugs though, probably not.

Keir
8th May 2009, 12:14
The answer is no.

But if you'd like to find some female thugs I recommend getting the tram to Croydon.

I'm joking.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/363/f/8/f81c0c54225cc678.gif

Haha, love it! :D

BatNipples
8th May 2009, 14:53
are there any kids in the game? maybe we can beat them to a pulp as well. or old ladies. or puppies

SamStar42
8th May 2009, 15:53
The only females in the game will be Poison Ivy and Harely Quinn, almost 100% sure of that.

Let's be honest, how many female thugs do you see in Batman novels/films?

Drazar
8th May 2009, 16:03
The only females in the game will be Poison Ivy and Harely Quinn, almost 100% sure of that.

Let's be honest, how many female thugs do you see in Batman novels/films?

1) Harley
2) Ivy
3) Rabbit girl (thug for Mad Hatter)
4) Jane Doe
5) Talia al' Ghul (shes a bit mix of a villainess or a hero, writers keep ******* her up)
6) Catwoman (yeah shes a hero nowdays, but yeah just adding it for the sake of mentioning)

So yeah, wau a whopping number of 6! :P

SamStar42
8th May 2009, 16:12
I don't really see them as thugs (bar Rabbit Girl). If they are regarded as thugs, surely that means Mr. Freeze and The Mad Hatter as thugs. I see thugs like the Joker's henchmen we saw in the trailer.

On a completely different note, how awesome are Batman's female villains?

Drazar
8th May 2009, 16:14
Harley and Ivy are awesome, but they seem to be becoming crime fighters too. Paul Dini is writing "gotham sirens" which is about Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy teaming up. I imagen alot of panty shots.

Jane Doe is an awesome disguiser, in Battle for the cowl #2 she skins a cop's face and uses that as her mask.

vicsage
8th May 2009, 16:19
looking at the screenshots it looks like apart from harley quin
thare are no female baddies ,female villain , female thugs or female Arkham Asylum inmates in the game
it just seemed a little odd and i was wondering why ?
this is not a big problem maybe we just have not seen them yet

if any one has spoted please post them
cos i don,t want the batman game to sexist
i think batman has the right to beat up female baddies as well as male baddies

Sexist, my buns!

Although it would be interesting to battle female inmates (and believe me, there are some at Arkham...just read Living Hell and find out), I think the people behind this game avoided that path because they didn't want any controversy with Batman punching one in the face (ridiculous, but true).

I wouldn't mind it, though. Men are far more stereotyped as inmates/prisoners than women. I think the real question is: What's the point of including women as inmates? To balance everything out? Not necessary.

MCREF
8th May 2009, 16:34
Wow! Men, if I have taught you anything before, forget what that was so you learn this. Women are always right. If we end up the butt of every joke and stereotype then that is a sacrifice we'll have to take. Call them in. Sick the dogs on us. Because we can take it.

Seriously though, the feminist boards were already up in arms about the Harley outfit thing (really not joking). The levy almost broke if they didn't see for themselves that it did fit with Harley's character flaw. There's no problem with beating up hench-women like that of Penguin's in TAS, but just try to imagine how horrible it would look that Batman is beating up crazy, drooling, bald headed female inmates. *Waits a minute* You see it? Doesn't look good does it?

angleslam99
8th May 2009, 16:38
As long as we get Ivy with Harley, I'm happy

gaiking2003
8th May 2009, 20:00
Lol best joke of the day. On topic it might be due how the media react to things in games and blow it out of porption or the developers didn't think it was important and focused on other areas of the game.
i see your point about the media
may be it could be that harley quin does not want any other women in the gang

SamStar42
8th May 2009, 20:09
The only reason that woman thugs are 'needed' is because of some people think that there should be, because it's politically correct. I want things that should be in my game, not things people think should be.

gaiking2003
8th May 2009, 20:26

I'm joking.

your right lol
but please be nice

Ohmojave
8th May 2009, 21:47
personally, i think women wont be in the game cuz they're gunna get their asses kicked alot easier tha a man would. no offense but a crazy man is gunna be more of a threat the a *****y woman.

Drazar
8th May 2009, 22:07
personally, i think women wont be in the game cuz they're gunna get their asses kicked alot easier tha a man would. no offense but a crazy man is gunna be more of a threat the a *****y woman.

But now your thinking stereotypicly. While in a comic world the man is usually the hulking brute. the Females are the acrobatic skilled assassins. ;) Stereotyping in videogames and comics works wonders too. :p

Rareless09
8th May 2009, 23:07
Why would the Joker hire female thugs to fight Batman? Seriously dude, ladies are just physically different, it isn't sexist. How do you not understand that? If you want to see Batman hit a woman then go ahead and watch Batman Returns. You can thank me later...

Drazar
8th May 2009, 23:09
Why would the Joker hire female thugs to fight Batman? Seriously dude, ladies are just physically different, it isn't sexist. How do you not understand that? If you want to see Batman hit a woman then go ahead and watch Batman Returns. You can thank me later...

You know i hated how he apologized Selina for punching her, she was a criminal there and deserved a hammer of justice! >:3 But yeah as i said: Women in comic world are acrobats, men are hulking gorilla people.

Rareless09
8th May 2009, 23:21
But now your thinking stereotypicly. While in a comic world the man is usually the hulking brute. the Females are the acrobatic skilled assassins. ;) Stereotyping in videogames and comics works wonders too. :p
And because they are acrobatic skilled assassins they can take more punches than the hulking brute? I see a problem there...

Drazar
8th May 2009, 23:28
And because they are acrobatic skilled assassins they can take more punches than the hulking brute? I see a problem there...

There atleast harder to hit. :p Counters and stuff. ^^;

Kraken890
9th May 2009, 02:29
I don't think it's an age appropriate answer because if there are female inmates except Harley and Ivy, umm....if you were a male and locked up for god knows how long and haven't been castrated or homosexual I'd bet they'd be hunting down the females and what'd come next wouldn't be consentual.
So I don't think they want to touch that and have angry rioters dance around a bonfire full of BAA discs.

Drazar
9th May 2009, 13:51
Oh god i just watched the latest episode of Brave and Bold and it was so god damn awesome! But the funny note was when Mrs. Manface said "you wouldn't hit a girl would you" and Batman replies with:
The hammer of justice is unisex! Damn straight.

Ohmojave
14th May 2009, 00:48
i agree with rareless. batman is a master at every form of martial arts so a women would be completely useless even if she can twirl aound in a circle and tiptoe to the right or whatever.