PDA

View Full Version : B:AA Review (7th May)

Batman-tdk
6th May 2009, 18:44
Hey guys, I know a thread has also been made for this but I thought I would make a newer one as the reviews out tomorrow. Can we all band together and try and stick scans up here as well as links? I'm betting it will get 8/9 out of 10.

Drazar
6th May 2009, 18:45
Aslong as it gets 7/10 i'm happy enough.

Batman-tdk
6th May 2009, 18:49
Yea that would be fine. I'm sure they will take into consideration the delay for polishing and stuff.

Red Robin
6th May 2009, 18:56
If someone could get scans up that would be awsome!
Cheers in advance =)

SammiiDoogles
6th May 2009, 19:04
Yeah, i posted the topic of it :)

I'll get it up for you all Tommorow :D :)

Batman-tdk
6th May 2009, 19:05
Cool, thanks Sammi

SammiiDoogles
6th May 2009, 19:08
Cool, thanks Sammi

No Problem buddy :)
I'm looking forward to it >_<
I Hope it gets a good review :p

DarkKnightDanny
6th May 2009, 19:26
No Problem buddy :)
I'm looking forward to it >_<
I Hope it gets a good review :p

quite possible that the review will have been postponed?

Batman-tdk
6th May 2009, 19:30
Maaaaybe I guess. They might say " sorry but due to the game being pulled back we thought it best to review at a later stage, sorry for the inconvenience" I can see them saying that. But we will know soon enough, if you go past the magazine and it has Batman streching along the cover, then it's in there for sure :D

Batman-tdk
6th May 2009, 19:34
Oooh and one more thing, KEIR?! (sorry for the caps, but it might help get attention)
Are you able to tell us more info about the review and how it's going?........although saying that...I think he is still visiting Rocksteady for meetings.

DarkKnightDanny
6th May 2009, 19:48
Maaaaybe I guess. They might say " sorry but due to the game being pulled back we thought it best to review at a later stage, sorry for the inconvenience" I can see them saying that. But we will know soon enough, if you go past the magazine and it has Batman streching along the cover, then it's in there for sure :D

think they might go for a godfather two front myself judging by OXM,dont buy ps mags,although if they do review it, will be a first for me owning one

CaptainMcMulla
6th May 2009, 19:50
Nice thread because it reminds me i can go get it tomorrow. It is in the UK right? and is it called PSM3?

Batman-tdk
6th May 2009, 20:04
Yep UK, PSM3 mag and Whsmith is best place to get it. (Well for me anyway lol)

BatNipples
6th May 2009, 20:06
Yep UK, PSM3 mag and Whsmith is best place to get it. (Well for me anyway lol)

ah smithys. the only place you will still find old people still able to see

RonnyGreen
6th May 2009, 20:09
I'm betting it will get a low score. I hope it doesn't but there's this sinking feeling that there is some nasty flaw or repetetive gameplay that will screw it over.
Plus, I have a bad feeling that we won't see a lot of villains. I mean, why hasn't the bio page been updated?

Drazar
6th May 2009, 20:36
I'm betting it will get a low score. I hope it doesn't but there's this sinking feeling that there is some nasty flaw or repetetive gameplay that will screw it over.
Plus, I have a bad feeling that we won't see a lot of villains. I mean, why hasn't the bio page been updated?

Why should it get updated? Not everything needs to be spilled out.

RonnyGreen
6th May 2009, 20:39
If they're delaying the game we should be given something to keep us talking, surely?

Batman-tdk
6th May 2009, 20:42
Why should it get updated? Not everything needs to be spilled out.

Exactly! They are not going to release every villain bio b4 the games release. Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker have already said that there are more surprises in store and I think more villains will include; Mr.Freeze, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow :D

vicsage
6th May 2009, 20:45
Aslong as it gets 7/10 i'm happy enough.

I sincerely hope it gets at least an 8...

7 in my book is "above average and fun enough to keep it interesting." Critics are usually hard on games anyway but this game looks a lot more promising than a 7.

But then again, I haven't played it.

Drazar
6th May 2009, 20:46
If they're delaying the game we should be given something to keep us talking, surely?

"Break Bane" trailer and "Joker challange maps" are pretty damn new you know. =P And you can't know what the future holds.

imbatman08
6th May 2009, 20:46
i shall be goin my local shop 2moz morning to get this mag :D if i wasnt so lazy i would wake up earley and get it lol

door noob
7th May 2009, 02:12
Will the review be inlcuded in the US/ Canadien playstation magazine?

Ensanguined Walls
7th May 2009, 03:14
I'm asking him for scans, but my friend got the magazine early, as some stores start unpacking a day or two ahead of the intended date. He told me that he flipped through all of it and saw that they rated Arkham Asylum 5/10, saying that it got very repetitive and was frustratingly unpolished. They also said that many of the boss battles sucked, as the devs simply disabled blocking, etc.

door noob
7th May 2009, 03:27
I'm asking him for scans, but my friend got the magazine early, as some stores start unpacking a day or two ahead of the intended date. He told me that he flipped through all of it and saw that they rated Arkham Asylum 5/10, saying that it got very repetitive and was frustratingly unpolished. They also said that many of the boss battles sucked, as the devs simply disabled blocking, etc.

No wonder it got pushed back... hopefuly they will establish a release date that will meet the requirements of then concluding their polishing, and will become more inovative with the boss fight. We can only hope.

Amputechture
7th May 2009, 03:30
Ouch...

thebatman226
7th May 2009, 03:33

well that puts a real dampener on things :hmm:

EliteF50
7th May 2009, 03:36
5/10? Wow... If It gets scores like that, I might not even rent it. :\

If BAA is disappointing, I give up on all super-hero related games. And I'll be very, very mad at Rocksteady.

EliteF50
7th May 2009, 03:40
Wait, they said "frustratingly unpolished..."

Nooooo!!!

Why Rocksteady, why?! I can't stand unpolished games. As for boss fights, I agree. They shouldn't disable blocking. It sucked in the demo.

Blackmagic12345
7th May 2009, 03:57
Hopefully Sammi can get use some screens to confirm this. I have to say I didn't see this coming.

Ensanguined Walls
7th May 2009, 04:06
Damn. ;/

EDIT: Scans?

swan15
7th May 2009, 04:13

A very cold post indeed:(

but i wont believe it till I see proof:hmm: , i find it quite hard for it to be just a 5 a lot of other sites and magazines (even people who have played the gamespot demos) have spoken about how impressive and fun the game is.:scratch:

EliteF50
7th May 2009, 04:15
I'm boycotting Eidos is this game fails, and I'm going to throw poop at Rocksteady's HQ.

Who's with me?!

arOnex20
7th May 2009, 04:16
well this just sucks.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Gho-Gerhowev
7th May 2009, 04:16
Guys, I was just kidding. I had a bad April Fools this year, and I wanted to see how some fans would react without researching first. :) This game will be great.

Amputechture
7th May 2009, 04:17
Really? Throw poop? People are getting carried away...

EliteF50
7th May 2009, 04:18
Really? Throw poop? People are getting carried away...

Fine. We'll set a bag of poop on fire, knock on their door, and run away.

Better?

arOnex20
7th May 2009, 04:19
Fine. We'll set a bag of poop on fire, knock on their door, and run away.

Better?

i'm thinkin' more like a dumpster full..

Enop80
7th May 2009, 04:22
Wow a 5 out 10?? I need to see this magazine with my own eyes.

EliteF50
7th May 2009, 04:23
i'm thinkin' more like a dumpster full..

I like the way you think, Aronex.

kadashi666
7th May 2009, 04:30

wait a second, if you posted this up, then why did you say this later on.

Damn. ;/

EDIT: Scans?

why would ask for scans over the interwebs when you said you where asking for scans from your friend in real life? :scratch:

and then there's this....

Guys, I was just kidding. I had a bad April Fools this year, and I wanted to see how some fans would react without researching first. :) This game will be great.

ok, im calling bullsh(t on this whole 5 rating thing. games this good looking get at least 6's and everything we have seen so far shows this game is going to play pretty damn well. plus the source its coming from is suspect in my mind.

no, i call BS on it all, and until i see a scan i aint believing sh(t.

The Jedi Guardian
7th May 2009, 04:34
Is this from Game Informer or something else and were you Ensanguined Walls and Gho-Gher...... just fooling with us. I could understand no blocking but Batman just dodges and parries, right? The only time I saw him block was in Batman Begins on the monorail vs. Ducard. He blocks the sword with both arms but he breaks it with the fins or guantlets. So it was more of a counter than a block. What good is blocking going to do when surrounded by 10 thugs. That is why it is free-flow combat, and again I have to say this Batman only counters an attack, just like how he uses a batarang or how he flips people over his shoulder and smashes them to the floor. Blocking protects you one on one but countering stuns a guy and leaves you to dealing with one less guy until he recovers again.

How can a boss battle suck that bad? Especially if you are using your tools and strategic thinking.

Unpolished.....There shouldn't be a lot either, but if this is true it is sad. BUT this rumor sounds a lot like the third or fourth quarter release of the game in December, so I don't believe it.

No offense to anyone but I have to say if it was an actual review get better players, beta, sounds like it was too hard for them

That was what I was thinking too kadashi666, sounds like someone else was on ensanguined wall's account

Lunar
7th May 2009, 04:52
5/10 wow that sucks now I'm glad this game got pushed back, good thing I reserved the standard edition.

Amputechture
7th May 2009, 04:55
Yeah, something fishy is going on here...

Gho-Gerhowev
7th May 2009, 05:01
LOL, it was a joke, as I said above.

CaptainMcMulla
7th May 2009, 06:54
Next time dont posts jokes because some people take it real seriously and it also destroys the thread which leads to closing. Im not saying i cant take jokes, i didnt even take that seriously especially when other reviews have been good.

stoobytoons
7th May 2009, 10:40
Hmm. Yeah.. I highly doubt any of this is true. Especially after all the praise from previous insider views.

Keir
7th May 2009, 11:06
None of it is true. What a lame thread this turned out to be.

It's difficult enough as it is trying to make sure people get the info they need without this kind of thing.

Closed.