PDA

View Full Version : Has Lara/Tomb Raider changed the way you talk/behave?

JustMe
6th May 2009, 12:47
I'm just wondering...I say "Bloody" a lot now cause of Lara :o
like bloody hell, bloody this, bloody that...I avoid saying it in the forums here but...
Anywayyyyyyyy

now...all of YOU *points* should tell me what's happened to you...
:D

brandibuck
6th May 2009, 12:51
Cool....ME TOO....

I started saying DAMMIT to school

LOL

jayjay119
6th May 2009, 16:39
When I get reminded of TR2 i go through big phases of saying 'AHA!' when i pick things up. Addictive but annoying!

Pulse
7th May 2009, 00:21
I like to climb things now:D...

I think I say dammit a lot more. Today at school I dropped my books and shouted it. I was glad there wasn't a teacher around or else I'd have to call my mom and tell her I cussed in school. That'd be embarassing.

angelus0901
7th May 2009, 09:31
Yeah, everywhere I go I say:"Dammit, I can't reach the sword!!" :lol: Just kidding... But I like to say:"Oh, bother!" :nut:

Joshorty
7th May 2009, 16:33
I'm really lovin' what I'm reading here so far :lol::thumb:

Hoo man Lara changed my LIFE as a child. I'd pretend to be her, as in walk like her. Jump like her. Pull my [toy] guns out like her. Move like her. All of these movements I'm referring to are from the TR 1-5 era but mostly 1-2. I even made my own story hehehe. And I'd still picture myself in Ps1 graphics of those times haha. I'd nod my head as I talk. I had my fists closed 'cause they can't open in the game (LOL). Die like her (from falling too high, diving to a ground, die while running and die just by standing, die from spike pits, being rolled over boulders... Have my face grinned as I shoot my pistols (and I'd voice out the gun effects too). I'd even reenact my favourite cutscenes !!

Hehe GOOD TIMES :lol: My mom would always go "JOSH! STOP JUMPING AROUND THE HOUSE!!!"

The only thing I still do in copying Lara is whenever I swim :D ! From floating to swimming under water (and the techniques works reealy well!) I just wish I'd hear the water effects more lol. But hey this is real life.

Ok I'm done :)

Cesar19
8th May 2009, 04:56
Wow how weird,thats how i used to act when i was little and i still do especially in TRU i love it when ZIP is shooting lara and lara says "DROP IT ZIP OR I'LL DROP YOU"she says it with honor and conviction i love repeating that cutscene at school:lol:

Wlado.Srbija
8th May 2009, 13:33
When I get reminded of TR2 i go through big phases of saying 'AHA!' when i pick things up. Addictive but annoying!

Yeah, everywhere I go I say:"Dammit, I can't reach the sword!!" :lol: Just kidding... But I like to say:"Oh, bother!" :nut:

LoL, those my favorite.... Anyway, I don't talk like Lara, and English is not my primary language... Tho, when I talk in English, I sometimes say "Oh, bother!"... Heard that phrase the first time in a TR game, and liked it... :D
And, I also saya Aha when I find something... lol! Kinda weird, but lol! :lol:

***off topic*** Hey, smilies are back! Woo hooooo

Devil666
8th May 2009, 13:51
But ofcourse she has!
I started talking British English .. with the accent n stuff .. And I am SO happy bout that, cz just LOVE BEnglish :P
N "BLoody this, bloody that" is also available for me hehe :P
N yes I started making my hair in braid way to often hahah :_)) N dressing like her n stuff ,,, N cold-hearted ***** too .. Ahh .. I feel I just need a boat n I'm off to Thailand :lmao:

Studded*Belt
20th May 2009, 20:25
Thanks to Lara, i'm more girly.
Thanks Lara!:thumb:

Jurre
20th May 2009, 20:49
I've written a story in which the lead female character is an English archeologist called Elisabeth Wallcroft. She has a German boyfriend.....