PDA

View Full Version : My impression of the AA demo.

theDARKCRUSADER
6th May 2009, 00:25
I took two buses to get to my local EBgames to see if the Batman demo was there and surely, it was. I first played the easier challenge room and then the extreme one. The combat without a doubt is the most fun i had in a game for a long while. Just the way it flows from punching a guy in the face and then catcthing a kick from behind at the same moment. My favourite counter was catching a lead pipe strike, reversing it and slamming the thug with it in the face. The other thing i noticed was the amount of detail in that single challenge room. There were documents and pictures of lunatics scattered around the floor and many cracks around the floor making the game look very gritty. The takedowns are pretty awesome with the best one being batman flipping the thug over his back. It was my favourite since you hear bone cracking when batman grabs the goon's neck and flips him over. All in all, it was worth the two buses and more than made my expectations.

Stargate21
6th May 2009, 00:37
Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. The demo is sweet, here's hoping that it will be released on XBLM and PSN soon. Preferably the Invisible Predator demo, so that we all can experience that aspect of the game play.

BatmanvsJoker
6th May 2009, 01:02
how about the demo from the store plus the invisible predator challenge room?

PS3/PSPGamer7
6th May 2009, 01:11
Yeah that was my thought too, since then you get a taste of both sides of gameplay

BatmanvsJoker
6th May 2009, 01:35
Yeah that was my thought too, since then you get a taste of both sides of gameplay

Exactily what I was thinking.

Zacman
6th May 2009, 02:17
I don't care what demo we get i just want to get 1

theDARKCRUSADER
6th May 2009, 03:46
while i would love a silent predator demo, it seems very unlikely.

kadashi666
6th May 2009, 04:14
yar, putting out a silent predator demo means putting out one of the exclusive challenge maps, which means part of the replayibility of B:AA is already played before the game comes out. ot would kind of be counter productive really.

king001
6th May 2009, 04:39
i played the demo today at gamestop :rasp: . I like it the fighting is like regular punching but everything links up with the counter so its like no stop punching up until you get shot at or punched and your vision is grayed. You can also make them hit the electric security walls but you can hit it too and get shocked. I could've stayed there all day because it flows its not like in wolverine where you cut the guys head off then start all over again. Im going to try and get a video and put things you guys want to see. Like detective mode and mr. zsasz its definitely him he didn't have the orange jump suit i saw the tally marks on his skin and he only come out on the fourth round in expert mode. I saw clipping while watching someone else play but when i played i didnt notice it.

Dark Knight Detective
6th May 2009, 14:43
People should stop posting these pointless "I can play the demo and you can't" threads and we should just keep it in the one main sticky thread with demo impressions.
Stop rubbing it our faces you bunch of damnable American swine! *shakes fist*
If only there was some way of getting a demo by hook or by crook....

(Note: I have nothing against America, but its about time we (the UK and the rest of Europe) get something that they don't, it would do them good not to get everything their own way once in a while.)

Silent Knight
6th May 2009, 14:51
People should stop posting these pointless "I can play the demo and you can't" threads and we should just keep it in the one main sticky thread with demo impressions.
Stop rubbing it our faces you bunch of damnable American swine! *shakes fist*
If only there was some of getting a demo by hook or by crook....

(Note: I have nothing against America, but its about time we (the UK and the rest of Europe) get something that they don't, it would do them good not to get everything their own way once in a while.)

You are getting something the Americans aren't getting, an earlier release date on the game. :D

Dark Knight Detective
6th May 2009, 14:53
Well I don't know about that. But if its true then that would be awesome, there must be a blue moon in the sky tonight with a few pigs flying over it lol.

Silent Knight
6th May 2009, 14:57
There is the pig flu (flew) going around. And I believe the UK was supposed to get it a month before the US in the first place. I don't know about that now since the game has been delayed.

kadashi666
6th May 2009, 14:59
Well I don't know about that. But if its true then that would be awesome, there must be a blue moon in the sky tonight with a few pigs flying over it lol.

the game is being made in the UK and the supposed release date for you guys is like two months ahead of ours (not officially but still). we Americans usualy get stuff first because there is a huge market for games out here, but we are ALWAYS a year or two behind the Japanese. try waiting for a good RPG from japan. :mad2:

Dark Knight Detective
6th May 2009, 15:03
Tell me about it, Final Fantasy XIII for example (damn you Mircosoft!)
But I still believe we should have just the one thread for these demo impressions so the board isn't be cluttered with the same topic again and again, same goes for people asking about the demo. We only need one thread for it. I opt for one sticky thread for demo impressions, one for demo info, like for when its going online (via PSN or XBL) and we get rid of all the other ones that are live.

kadashi666
6th May 2009, 15:06
Tell me about it, Final Fantasy XIII for example (damn you Mircosoft!)
But I still believe we should have just the one thread for these demo impressions so the board isn't be cluttered with the same topic again and again, same goes for people asking about the demo. We only need one thread for it. I opt for one sticky thread for demo impressions, one for demo info, like for when its going online (via PSN or XBL) and we get rid of all the other ones that are live.

id say that's fair actually. :)

Dark Knight Detective
6th May 2009, 15:07
Hey mods, get your note books ready and jot that down and then put it into action! :thumb:
And can you if you can (those who ties with Edios (please let it be true)) that we in Scotland and the rest of the UK and Europe will get the game before those damn Americans! (no offence to any Americans out there but hey you have a demo at least, and if worst comes to worse: import it)

There is the pig flu (flew) going around.

Oh and I meant to say Silent Knight, I saw this video on the Trivium website when they were entering Japan they were quarantined on their plane for about 2 hours I think and they had their face masks on and the bass player had writing "Oink! Oink!" Thought that was quite funny quite random aswell I know but if there maybe some Trivium fans here and it sort of shows how bad it is with places this pig/swine (take your pick) flu.

theDARKCRUSADER
6th May 2009, 19:18
i didn make this thread to rub in people's faces, im just sharing my experience with the demo.

Silent Knight
6th May 2009, 19:21
Hey mods, get your note books ready and jot that down and then put it into action! :thumb:
And can you if you can (those who ties with Edios (please let it be true)) that we in Scotland and the rest of the UK and Europe will get the game before those damn Americans! (no offence to any Americans out there but hey you have a demo at least, and if worst comes to worse: import it)

Oh and I meant to say Silent Knight, I saw this video on the Trivium website when they were entering Japan they were quarantined on their plane for about 2 hours I think and they had their face masks on and the bass player had writing "Oink! Oink!" Thought that was quite funny quite random aswell I know but if there maybe some Trivium fans here and it sort of shows how bad it is with places this pig/swine (take your pick) flu.

Trivium is actually a really good band and that is quite funny. :D

Dark Knight Detective
7th May 2009, 15:34
i didn make this thread to rub in people's faces, im just sharing my experience with the demo.

I know but I feel everytime I see this I feel I want to do a big powerful "Silence!" like Dante in Devil May Cry before fighting Mundus. lol