PDA

View Full Version : Fear Gas looks creepy!

Turn and Face the Strange
5th May 2009, 11:57
In the trailer (not sure which one, it begins with the Batmobile going to Arkham and has that EPIC music playing), right after Batman throws a batarang at Joker, there is a quick shot of Batman watching a guard through a window. The guard is patting himself down scared, as if something invisible is crawling on him (perhaps he's arachnophobic?), OR he's hallucinating it. Notice the orange gas floating in the background?

So chances are whilst facing Scarecrow (dunno if he's confirmed, but this pretty much speaks for itself), we might have to fight through Batman's nightmares? Cool thought!

(Although, TBH, if fighting Scarecrow, you HAVE to be gassed with FearToxin. Just like having to solve riddles with Riddler, or skate ice with Freeze, plants with Ivy, etc.)

:cool:

EliteF50
5th May 2009, 12:10
Yeah, it did look pretty cool. I hope they go for a TNBA-inspired Scarecrow.

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/makeup/5158/scrow.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/ScarecrowTNBA_Screenshot_(OTE).jpg

5th May 2009, 12:12
Yeah, it did look pretty cool. I hope they go for a TNBA-inspired Scarecrow.

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/makeup/5158/scrow.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/ScarecrowTNBA_Screenshot_(OTE).jpg

EWW!!! Never seen that before!

I personally hope it's along the lines of Nolan's Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy), or something like that. Just feels realistic enough to fit in with the tone of this game.

EDIT: Actually, imagine Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow, insane and murderous, with a scythe?
Like in the Arkham Asylum: ASHOSE graphic novel, slowly stalking a corridor, dragging his scythe along the wet ground towards Batman. Eek!

imported_BAT_MAN
5th May 2009, 12:22
I don't know that guy could just have flea's:confused:

5th May 2009, 12:35
I don't know that guy could just have flea's:confused:

Fleas that produce an orange gas and make one guy pat himself scared whilst another cowers in the corner, in a Batman game?

:nut:

imported_BAT_MAN
5th May 2009, 13:31
Well i couldn't see this "orange gas" so i'm going to assume it was flea's:rasp:

5th May 2009, 16:17
Well i couldn't see this "orange gas" so i'm going to assume it was flea's:rasp:

*incredulous mode: ENGAGED*

You jest! It's impossible to NOT see a huge cloud of ORANGE GAS!

ORANGE, for God's sake, ORANGE!

angleslam99
5th May 2009, 16:42
Yeah I saw the orange smoke, I never noticed them patting themselves down though. I just hope the Scarecrow is in. I can live without Two Face, but Arkham NEEDS Scarecrow

RonnyGreen
5th May 2009, 17:03
Whilst being affected by Fear Gas I would love to see hallucinations that go back to traumatic events in Batman's past. The Joker crippling Batgirl, Jason Todd being beaten to death and Batman himself having his back broken by Bane. Maybe even see his parents being killed.
It will be pretty cool to see inside his mind.
And as The Joker is immune to Fear Gas, he and Scarecrow could work together when you're weak.

5th May 2009, 19:42
Whilst being affected by Fear Gas I would love to see hallucinations that go back to traumatic events in Batman's past. The Joker crippling Batgirl, Jason Todd being beaten to death and Batman himself having his back broken by Bane. Maybe even see his parents being killed.
It will be pretty cool to see inside his mind.
And as The Joker is immune to Fear Gas, he and Scarecrow could work together when you're weak.

I think Scarecrow is appearing in the 'Crime Alley' map pack. I mean, it's Batman: ARKHAM ASYLUM, not Batman: GOTHAM, so it's obviously through a Fear Gas-induced nightmare.

Or at least, I hope!"]

Zhim
5th May 2009, 20:08
which trailer is it?

VXR
5th May 2009, 20:11
yea, i dont really see it.... can someone post screen captures if you DO see what this is.

thanks

SammiiDoogles
5th May 2009, 23:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvsqSAd-D8 This trailer

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m230/ss5sam/FearGas.png

Kai Rei
6th May 2009, 06:18
Hi, Sammii. Your back. :D

imported_BAT_MAN
6th May 2009, 07:38
Ahhh now I see it :D

SammiiDoogles
6th May 2009, 09:41
Hi, Sammii. Your back. :D

Yuuhu :)
I Was banned from an arguement with that 'your mom' guy -_-
I Havent seen him since though, so he might have got a permanent ban...
Oh and Kai, incase you didnt read the other post, yeah, im a dude, not a girl :p

Anyways, the fear gas does look pretty creepy i reckon, and i never noticed how much blood on the walls there is :O
I Really hope Scarecrow is in this, and that this is his gas, i really hope they dont make some plot like "Joker Fear Gas" or something, they've already got "Joker Venom"...

VXR
6th May 2009, 11:38
wow, you guys / gals got some darn good eyes........ thats like half a second.

KUDOS

Kai Rei
6th May 2009, 14:08
Yuuhu :)
I Was banned from an arguement with that 'your mom' guy -_-
I Havent seen him since though, so he might have got a permanent ban...
Oh and Kai, incase you didnt read the other post, yeah, im a dude, not a girl :p

Anyways, the fear gas does look pretty creepy i reckon, and i never noticed how much blood on the walls there is :O
I Really hope Scarecrow is in this, and that this is his gas, i really hope they dont make some plot like "Joker Fear Gas" or something, they've already got "Joker Venom"...

Lmaaaaaoooo. Sorry for thinking you were a girl, dude. :D

And yes, the fear gas does look creepy.

angleslam99
6th May 2009, 16:05
wow, you guys / gals got some darn good eyes........ thats like half a second.

KUDOS

Yeah I didn't even catch it. I just thought it was a gas chamber and that they were killing the people via poisonous gas. I didn't notice them scratching themselves. It very well could be the Scarecrow's gas.

VXR
6th May 2009, 17:21
Yeah I didn't even catch it. I just thought it was a gas chamber and that they were killing the people via poisonous gas. I didn't notice them scratching themselves. It very well could be the Scarecrow's gas.

OR......... ( GASP ) Batman has a NEW foe................. ITCHY-MAN !!!

:rasp:

Jason Todd
6th May 2009, 17:23
OR......... ( GASP ) Batman has a NEW foe................. ITCHY-MAN !!!

:rasp:

I can imagine Robin now....Holy son of an itch Batman!:nut:

kadashi666
6th May 2009, 17:24
I think Scarecrow is appearing in the 'Crime Alley' map pack. I mean, it's Batman: ARKHAM ASYLUM, not Batman: GOTHAM, so it's obviously through a Fear Gas-induced nightmare.

Or at least, I hope!"]

no, the crime ally map i think is just a special bonus and isn't tied in directly to the main story. it would actually be really nice cause we would get to see what batman looks like in the unreal 3 engine in Gotham.