what do you want the story line to be in the next tomb raider game

brandibuck
4th May 2009, 16:04
Something new

Something newer

Something not involving the past Tr game

Max 28
5th May 2009, 06:35
Continuing on from CD's games but new story. New villain wants the same artifact as Lara. Could even hire Amanda to work for him (yes a guy please) and there some rivalry and competition between them with wity banter and the occasional fight. Could be mini boss fights. Amanda could appear randomly and start shooting at you like Larson and Pierre in the old TR games (TR1 and TR5).:)

Error96_
10th May 2009, 01:36
Continuing on from CD's games but new story. New villain wants the same artifact as Lara. Could even hire Amanda to work for him (yes a guy please) and there some rivalry and competition between them with wity banter and the occasional fight. Could be mini boss fights. Amanda could appear randomly and start shooting at you like Larson and Pierre in the old TR games (TR1 and TR5).:)

I think that sounds like a great idea. I would like to see a more TR2 and AOD wierd cult style enemy team. The ultimate aim would still be to beat the enamies to an artifact. A bit of mystery and wierd symbols and things. Would like to see Lara face of with high ranking cult members in mini-boss battles and get to have some banter with some of them. Definately no mother story and not too much emotion from Lara.

poplk
10th May 2009, 02:16
there should be a completely new bad guy but amanda can still be in it alster should come back but as the villian what do you think but hes an angle

Pulse
11th May 2009, 07:17
I think that sounds like a great idea. I would like to see a more TR2 and AOD wierd cult style enemy team. The ultimate aim would still be to beat the enamies to an artifact. A bit of mystery and wierd symbols and things. Would like to see Lara face of with high ranking cult members in mini-boss battles and get to have some banter with some of them. Definately no mother story and not too much emotion from Lara.

I think Lara should have emotions, she shouldn't be a robot. I like to see her when she's furious. Also have her happy for once would be good, I wanna hear her laugh!

I don't want a new tomb raider until at least 2011 tho. It would give the devs more time to edit the game and story.

sbagl3
12th Jun 2009, 05:35
How about a Tomb Raider game that is actually like Tomb Raider?! :hmm:
Tomb Raider Underworld, Anniversary, Legend... they were great, but they just didn't feel like Tomb Raider to me. they just felt like a new game that was similar to tomb raider.. but wasn't. if you know what i mean. I just want the OLD Lara back, and her OLD house back and the OLD winston back. I just want a Tomb Raider game like the classic TR games, but just updated graphics and physics. AND i want the game to take AGES to finish, like the old TR games, they took me a couple months to finish sometimes. games these days arent nearly as good as they used to be...

josh1122
12th Jun 2009, 06:23
How about a Tomb Raider game that is actually like Tomb Raider?! :hmm:
Tomb Raider Underworld, Anniversary, Legend... they were great, but they just didn't feel like Tomb Raider to me. they just felt like a new game that was similar to tomb raider.. but wasn't. if you know what i mean. I just want the OLD Lara back, and her OLD house back and the OLD winston back. I just want a Tomb Raider game like the classic TR games, but just updated graphics and physics. AND i want the game to take AGES to finish, like the old TR games, they took me a couple months to finish sometimes. games these days arent nearly as good as they used to be...

having the games as the classics would FAIL miserably,guaranteed. That was popular mid to late 90's. It wouldn't sell to anyone but the hardcore fan base, which wouldn't make sense both mentally and financially.

Also your correct, there's not one game(from a personal stand point) that has been mind blowing or and awesome, most huge hyped games for me fall flat on their face and are never as good as they are hyped to be. Which is sad :(

Also back on topic, what do i want for the next tomb raider game?

1. No Zip

2. No Natla

3. No Amanda

4. Return of the freezer

If I can have those 4 things then I'll be a happy person

Lara is awesome
12th Jun 2009, 18:21
having the games as the classics would FAIL miserably,guaranteed. That was popular mid to late 90's. It wouldn't sell to anyone but the hardcore fan base, which wouldn't make sense both mentally and financially.

Also your correct, there's not one game(from a personal stand point) that has been mind blowing or and awesome, most huge hyped games for me fall flat on their face and are never as good as they are hyped to be. Which is sad :(

1. No Zip

2. No Natla

3. No Amanda

4. Return of the freezer

Freezer?

Mr Croft
12th Jun 2009, 18:40
Freezer?

To lock Winston. ;)

milens
12th Jun 2009, 19:00

1. No Zip

2. No Natla

3. No Amanda

4. Return of the freezer

1. yes Zip
2.yes Natla
3. yes Amanda
4.freezer its ok but i really dont care, i think the Tomb Raider is more than freezer

Mr Croft
12th Jun 2009, 19:19
1. yes Zip
2.yes Natla
3. yes Amanda
4.freezer its ok but i really dont care, i think the Tomb Raider is more than freezer

I think Natla is dead by now. :p

josh1122
12th Jun 2009, 19:23

One can only hope and if amanda or zip is back in the next game, I hope to freakin god they're killed off, they're up there in the ranks for some of the worst characters in gaming history

milens
13th Jun 2009, 11:09
yeah:( but she not supose to, she is in her best ages:)

Pulse
13th Jun 2009, 16:28
Amanda!

Zip!

Headset!

Manor!

Lara's laugh!

Doppelganger!

Replayable levels!

Longer game!

Boss Fights!

Interactive Cutscenes!

Less Glitches!

More Human Enemies!

More Outfits!

DLC for All!

No Natla! I love her but enough is enough. I loved her in Underworld, but anymore would be too much.

My Shadow of the Sun storyline! Whoa who put that there :whistle:

Themarvin
14th Jun 2009, 12:08
No Natla
No Amanda
Alot of the old atmosphere brought back into the game would be nice.
Mansion... and add alot of more stuff to do in that one..
Would like the game to be taking like 3months to complete instead of 9 hardcore hours.
More world... more secrets... make it a posibility to actually go on adventure with going other ways in levels, but in a way there always would be a fastest/most direct route of course.

The new ways of moving around is great you feel like it actually has something to it.

If adding melee Weapons go with something more like a Katana or Bo sticks, daggers or whatever as an option, and don't make them able to spew fire like excalibur/Thors Hammer, keep it realistic to a certain degree.

Melee Attacks/katas could be added in... could be very useable against foes in small rooms or corridors.

No Mother issues... emotion to Lara would not be a bad thing... but don't make it to emotional out there, to many wannabee fans out there and crying teens that does not understand the base concept of the game as it is.

It is not fun completing a game in like 9-12 hours of gameplay... would be much more fun if it was like 3 months of gameplay, another option could be adding in a co-operative way of playing it as well where you would be two people online getting through the game, as it would be an option for a single person as well.

I might be wrong in some of my ideas, but it would be nice if there would be more options... eg walking on poles, it is just to wii alike, make it more a martial arts way of crossing if any, but in the way it would be supported in a wii kind of way as well as a PC.

Alot of the moves seem like artificial ways of doing it like it would be the only way, add alternatives to do moves so you wont have to do that special grip or move every time.

A remake of TR2 and 3 would be nice as well, don't make any of the games only supported by one console or player platform as it is, make it supported by alot so everyone can enjoy playing the game.

It is not just about making something fast... then packageing then selling the same crap again.. it is giving us something we would actually enjoy playing and would take like forever to complete.

Lara's Stalker
15th Jun 2009, 03:23
Some with her doppleganger, bad, or something new I'm of getting sick of the "look into Lara's past"plotlines.

BlackThor
15th Jun 2009, 22:32
i like the action adventure style that has successfully assimilated with the TR franchise, but some open area's that the originals had would add a nice touch as well, plus another motorcycling leve:D:D:D.

Princess lara
19th Jun 2009, 15:17
i would like to see rutland back and kurtis as her love interest(she deserves a BF)natla can stay out of the TRseries and i want more "dark" levels like angel of darkness.that'l be cool. oh and more motor rides

Rexie
19th Jun 2009, 15:58
If I see one more TR game about Lara's past, her siblings, and her lovelife, I will go off the TR series for ever and shoot myself with a doorknob. Even..

!!!! DISCLAIMER !!! Before you read further, I want you to hide all of your guns, planes, notebooks and my info and tie yourself to the chair.

Even Uncharted looks and starting to be better than TR.

*runs like hell*

IvanaKC
19th Jun 2009, 16:32
Oh come on rexie! :eek: TRU can be compared to Uncharted and is much better.

Rexie
19th Jun 2009, 17:15
Oh come on rexie! :eek: TRU can be compared to Uncharted and is much better.

Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUPAyGWKd6c

now fire up TRU and look at it's low budget graphics.

Jurre
19th Jun 2009, 17:53
I already call the gal in red Lara Croft.

Pulse
19th Jun 2009, 18:16
Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUPAyGWKd6c

now fire up TRU and look at it's low budget graphics.

TR9 needs graphics like this.

But Uncharted is a great franchise, but Tomb Raider will still be better.

Toby and the people working on the new Tomb Raider should take a look at Uncharted. That's where money and success is. So If they added some Uncharted elements with TR elements it should be a great game.

That girl in the red shirt is such a Lara Croft knockoff. That's all I could think while watching. She has an accent, dark hair, and raids tombs. Hmm... I wonder who Naughty Dog had in mind while developing her...

My dog Max
19th Jun 2009, 18:30
I wonder who Naughty Dog had in mind while developing her...

They copied everything.for example,that room at 0:39 to 0:41...look familiar huh...They even added the bells on the ceiling...Or the thing at 1:20.And Nathan Drake is a pure copy of Lara,only he is male.

_Love2Raid_
19th Jun 2009, 18:32
TR9 needs graphics like this.

But Uncharted is a great franchise, but Tomb Raider will still be better.

Toby and the people working on the new Tomb Raider should take a look at Uncharted. That's where money and success is. So If they added some Uncharted elements with TR elements it should be a great game.

That girl in the red shirt is such a Lara Croft knockoff. That's all I could think while watching. She has an accent, dark hair, and raids tombs. Hmm... I wonder who Naughty Dog had in mind while developing her...

Me of course. :p

Uncharted II looks absolutely great. Don't know about puzzles and level design etc, but the graphics and combat look amazing. :thumb:

Jurre
19th Jun 2009, 18:35
That girl in the red shirt is such a Lara Croft knockoff. That's all I could think while watching. She has an accent, dark hair, and raids tombs.
Obviously yes. But she is doing what I want Lara to do and wearing the clothes that I want Lara to wear.
Anyway, she is way more cooler than that other Drake-girl. If she only kicks Drake's behind form time to time she would be awesome!

josh1122
19th Jun 2009, 19:43
From playing the beta,while this isnt single player mode,its multiplayer. This game in this regard is no different than any other third person shooter out there.If you've played any other third person shooter, then you've all ready played this one basically

I'm still not sure what the hype is for this game

Jinnyskeans
19th Jun 2009, 20:12
2 Things i have to say.

1. The old games only took three months to complete because keys and items were very well hidden! there wasnt much puzzle to them at all!

2. Another reason they took so long is because Lara moved incredibly slow! look at her running in TR1 urghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i love the old classics to pieces but for this day and age trying to find that immpossible to find key with the slowest foot step ever just does not work!

chriss_99
19th Jun 2009, 20:22
2 Things i have to say.

1. The old games only took three months to complete because keys and items were very well hidden! there wasnt much puzzle to them at all!

I agree with that statement. Levels that were presented in the classics were like maze. It was easy to get lost. What is more, Lara was loosing health much quicker than in recent games. That might have been caused by the lack of combat abilities she now possess.

jayjay119
20th Jun 2009, 01:09
2 Things i have to say.

2. Another reason they took so long is because Lara moved incredibly slow! look at her running in TR1 urghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i love the old classics to pieces but for this day and age trying to find that immpossible to find key with the slowest foot step ever just does not work!

Agreed but these are things that made the games great in their time. These elements need to be adapted for todays market as it stands, in TRU they are going in the right direction but there is still a way to go!

Mr Croft
22nd Jun 2009, 07:36
Uncharted 2 is great and it isn't a copy of TR, it has much more combat and less graphics. I'm in the Beta and the multiplayer is awesome. :cool:

josh1122
22nd Jun 2009, 10:18
Uncharted 2 is great and it isn't a copy of TR, it has much more combat and less graphics. I'm in the Beta and the multiplayer is awesome. :cool:

Must be playing a different game than me then lol, its the same as any other third person shooter out there lol

but good that your enjoying it :thumb::wave:

Mr Croft
22nd Jun 2009, 10:42
Must be playing a different game than me then lol, its the same as any other third person shooter out there lol

but good that your enjoying it :thumb::wave:

Yeah, maybe we are. :p

I think we have different views on this game. :)

Jason Miller
22nd Jun 2009, 13:32

1. No Zip

2. No Natla

3. No Amanda

4. Return of the freezer

But I miss Natla!:( We haven't seen her enough in Tomb Raider!

p.s. I'M BEING SARCASTIC

Jurre
22nd Jun 2009, 14:18

To an outsider every Tr game is the same... Maybe you are an outsider to the third person shooter genre.

Only when you're into it you'll notice the differences. For instance: one thing that made Uncharted stand out for me within the Tps genre was the run 'n gun system. In most Tps'ses when you fire without aiming you shoot in the direction of the crosshairs, just less accurate. In Uncharted however, you'll fire on a nearby enemy: a kind of lock-on system in fact. Only with less accuracy when in aim-mode of course and therefore it only works on close distance.
This is I think a huge advantage to other Tps'ses I played: in Army of Two I often found myself within 2 meters distance of an enemy and he just walked by me, while I was unable to hit him because he moved faster than I could turn and aim. And that looks incredibly stupid when he's only 2 meters away and you're unable to shoot him. There's no such trouble in Uncharted and in fact it becomes vital towards the end when you're gonna have to fight off Gollums evil brothers in a somewhat Tomb Raiderish kind of battlescenes.
Tomb Raider used to be that innovative: revolutionizing the genre. Alas no more...

josh1122
22nd Jun 2009, 14:36
To an outsider every Tr game is the same... Maybe you are an outsider to the third person shooter genre.

Only when you're into it you'll notice the differences. For instance: one thing that made Uncharted stand out for me within the Tps genre was the run 'n gun system. In most Tps'ses when you fire without aiming you shoot in the direction of the crosshairs, just less accurate. In Uncharted however, you'll fire on a nearby enemy: a kind of lock-on system in fact. Only with less accuracy when in aim-mode of course and therefore it only works on close distance.
This is I think a huge advantage to other Tps'ses I played: in Army of Two I often found myself within 2 meters distance of an enemy and he just walked by me, while I was unable to hit him because he moved faster than I could turn and aim. And that looks incredibly stupid when he's only 2 meters away and you're unable to shoot him. There's no such trouble in Uncharted and in fact it becomes vital towards the end when you're gonna have to fight off Gollums evil brothers in a somewhat Tomb Raiderish kind of battlescenes.
Tomb Raider used to be that innovative: revolutionizing the genre. Alas no more...

No I still play the crappy FPS and third person shooters(not all are crappy of course but fail to entertain me) because im a gamer score whore lol, but they're all the same. I've played enough throughout the years to be able to tell that, anyone that constantly plays them would.

also its not just TR that isn't doing it anymore, NOTHING is revolutionizing gaming or innovative,game wise. Not even the hyped Uncharted 2 like a lot of hypers of the game believe. Gaming this current generation is very stale compared to past ones. In my opinion

Jurre
22nd Jun 2009, 15:51
In my view some of the changes made today are just as revolutionary as the revolutions back then. But people realise it less I think because their standards of a true revolution have gone up. I also think they're somewhat trend-sensitive. For instance everybody loved quicktime events in God of War, now everybody hates them. Why I don't know, I guess people hate it because everybody hates it.

Uncharted I think is part of an evolution that changes games from the classical sense with going from level to level into interactive movies. The cinematic actionscene on the rooftops with the chopper is an example of that.
I think its somewhat painfully that that was the original goal of Tomb Raider 1: to change a game from a typical sidescroller into an interactive film. It seems to me that after TG's departure they forgot about this ancient filosofy and just kept copying the succes formula. That said: the start of Underworld was very cinematic: beginning with a flashforward that stops at a climax, and then a screen pops up saying: Eidos presents...etc. Just like a James Bond film.

Jason Miller
22nd Jun 2009, 16:09
I just looove hype!!

jayjay119
22nd Jun 2009, 16:40
No I still play the crappy FPS and third person shooters(not all are crappy of course but fail to entertain me) because im a gamer score whore lol, but they're all the same. I've played enough throughout the years to be able to tell that, anyone that constantly plays them would.

also its not just TR that isn't doing it anymore, NOTHING is revolutionizing gaming or innovative,game wise. Not even the hyped Uncharted 2 like a lot of hypers of the game believe. Gaming this current generation is very stale compared to past ones. In my opinion

I agree with both you and Jurre on your first point here josh, Yes Uncharted is like any other generic 3rd person shooter, namely a process of 'run, shoot, run, shoot, cover, jump a wall, run shoot, rinse and repeat. But then again this is what Legend was like and why it didn't and doesn't really work for me. Had it been another generic 3rd person shooter not titled TR then i probably would have liked it, i have grown accustomed to the mass of generic shooters that are clogging up the market now because the gaming industry needs money and accommodating the casual gamer is a lot more easy and less time consuming than satisfying the hard core gamers, but i'm glad to see that there are still some franchises, namely the classic ones granted that are still trying to please their core audience as best they can.

And Jurre, I agree that to an outsider that every TR game looks the same but there is a reason... They are. There have been 2 major generations of TR, 3 in total in my mind. There was the classics, Core's era 1- Chronicles after TR1 , like you say they just re-used the same formula. AOD, for me stands out on its own but there was only one edition so me jump over to CD's era, the 2nd major one, and we see the same problem TRA and TRU use the same formula as TRL. This is the pitfall that developers fall into, they use the same formula because it works, only now this TR formula isn't working because the gaming world expects more.

As for your second statement Josh i'm on the fence, but more inclined to pro your opinion. Like I have said franchises re-use the same formula's just updated because they work, but its hard for them, change a loved series too much you may gain fans but outrage and possibly lose the fans you have had for a long time * la TR Legend. Add that to the fact that to seriously experiment with the new console's hardware and get its full capabilities, mainly PS3 as it can 'theoretically' do more than 360 due to its specs (please don't argue with me on this, i'm not fan boying, it is my opinion and i'm being rhetoric not trying to convince anyone, you are not going to change my mind, believe what you choose.) it is really expensive and in the current financial climate devs may be to scared by experimentation and staying with what works best. However there are some random jewels every now and then that are revolutionising the way games in a series work, the most recent and best example I can think of it the upcoming Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for Wii. Its taken all the classic traits of the franchise and turned them into something new yet they are still there. If other franchises can do so too, we may be able to see once the economy picks up again!

Jurre
22nd Jun 2009, 17:04
Lets say that this is the political spectrum of gaming: on the left wing are the progressive and on the right wing the conservatives.

Pro .......................I....................... Con

As a gaming developer you can choose to either please one side and ignore the other, then you'll win 50%. Or you can try to please both and perhaps gain 60%.

Pro ..........------------I-------------.......... Con

I have to admid that seems the smart thing to do. Unfortunatly for me my position is about here:

Pro ..X......------------I-------------.......... Con

Now I guess we'll never know how may progressives and how many conservatives there are, but if they never make a Uncharty-like game they'll never know how many gamers can be gained with that. That is why I still think splitting up the franchise into a classical Tr and a modern Lara Croft game would be a good idea. Or at least it would be in the interest of the gamers.

BlackThor
22nd Jun 2009, 19:14

i don't think she is. She did survive thor's hammer to her face. i just don't think she can be killed unless Eidos makes a new more powerful artifact for the next game (GRIM REAPERS SCYTHE :))) to kill her in the next game. and i definatly do not want her as the main antagonist but make her appear maybe as the hired help of the new person just to tie up the loose ends from underworld.

Studded*Belt
23rd Jun 2009, 03:33
Something new

Something newer

Something not involving the past Tr game

Brilliant :thumb:

Studded*Belt
23rd Jun 2009, 03:36
Mmmm...
how bout' summoning Aeons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i'm stuck on Final fantasy at the moment... :P
but really how bout summoning powers of the past before the baddies do do save the world, or something like that.

IvanaKC
23rd Jun 2009, 15:44
Lara already has Mjolnir and Excalibur. That's enough of special power, we need to be realistic, remember?

zariann
23rd Jun 2009, 19:21
personally i love the natla theme they got going on. everytime she comes back shes better, stronger but still she never compares to lara!!! i love the fact that they continue the story somewhat each time a new tr comes out. i would love to see allister back with zip and lara like he should be (i mean when he got killed my mouth literally dropped to the floor and i still cant believe it!!) but i really cant think of anything i would want cept maybe my 50 caliber pistols back!! :D

Lara.croft_Underworld
24th Jun 2009, 21:58
What Do I Want In The Next Tomb Raider Game ? . Well I Did Enjoy Playying The 1st Game What Came Out In 1996 But When Anniversary Came Out I Liked It Better Couse All The Stuff Are New But Same Levels . It Would Be Great To Bring Back The Mansion And At The Start Menu The Passport Booklet . And When You Go On A Level The Picture Comes Up And Loads Like You See In Tomb Raider 1-3 . I Would Like Them To Make A Remake Of Tomb Raider 2 Be Great . In Legend And Underworld It Was About Her Mother Cant The Do A Storyline Of Lara Father That Be Good . Thanks

goofy
25th Jun 2009, 04:32
I hope they Remake Tomb Raider 2 :D
but anyway, I wnt somthing NEWWWWWWWW very new, a new storyy ... Dramatic :p lol