PDA

View Full Version : Where this game could fall down.......

Zombie-Gamer
3rd May 2009, 16:26
I think the fact that this game looks amazingly awesome is something that we can all agree on right?
But there have been loads of games that have looked awesome and have just failed after release tho I think due to the fact that the game has been pushed back to the end of summer (August/September maybe) with rumours that it will be pushed back to Q4 (plz god no) that it will not suck. But lets look at the main problems that this game could have, I’m gonna use the new Wolverine game as an example like Batman AA it looked amazing but in reviews it has been said that:
Combat is to respective: (a problem Batman might have)
Weak story: (I really doubt Batman will suffer from this)
Bad Boss fights with the same tactic to beat them: (Is a possibility for Batman but It’s very doubtful)
Too easy: (I really don’t about this one but I hope Batman is challenging)
Too short: (I really hope Batman has a decent main game length)
Other problems that games have are bad design and voice acting but as we all know this won’t be the case with Batman AA.

Darkboy
3rd May 2009, 16:30
It's really hard for me to see flaws in Batman: AA so far, but I know there will be some. If it's as genuinely promising as it is, I think the only problems will be

1) too similar to other games - a mash-up pastiche of Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Tenchu, Metroid, Splinter Cell, etc. (which isn't really that bad IMO, to put the best of other games all into one game actually sounds kind of awesome, but I guess it takes points off for originality)
2) No freeroaming (or at least very limited)
3) Game isn't long enough (not including all the side missions etc.)

MCREF
3rd May 2009, 17:30
1)Assassins Creed? Don't give the hand to hand combat too much credit. Looks more like Matrix PON to me. Nothing is wrong with taking from other games btw. Some ideas are just too good to pass up. For example: Saints Row came out and completely ripped off San Andreas, but they added a GPS system so you could take better routes through the game to reach an objective, you could shoot (driver side) out of your car, and activate cheats and call people to help you from your cell phone. GTA IV comes back and steals from Saints Row and it's a freakin masterpiece. Everything clicks.

2) People buy linear games too. After Spiderman 2, it's almost a standard but not a requirement.

3) Can't fight you there. Doesn't look like they have a lot so far. They haven't shown us the same Metropolis showdown with Metallo for five months so I'm slightly more optimistic.

door noob
3rd May 2009, 18:16
We already know how long the game is going to be for several months, 16 hours for a new player, and if you know what you're doing, 8 hours.

MCREF
3rd May 2009, 18:27
8 hours for an experienced player? That's not good for me. It doesn't take me long to adjust to any game even on higher learning curve. Something tells me I'll be finishing this the next day I buy it only it'll be like 3 in the morning when I finish and I'll be talking to myself like a crazy person the rest of the day, lol.

CaptainMcMulla
3rd May 2009, 18:57
8 hours for an experienced player? That's not good for me. It doesn't take me long to adjust to any game even on higher learning curve. Something tells me I'll be finishing this the next day I buy it only it'll be like 3 in the morning when I finish and I'll be talking to myself like a crazy person the rest of the day, lol.

i dont think you will complete the game 100% in 8 hours. Also there will be DLC after that.

MCREF
3rd May 2009, 19:06
Story without all the extra stuff like riddler challenges sure.

Enop80
3rd May 2009, 20:05
Game has already fallen in my book with the delay.