PDA

View Full Version : Chapters or open world gameplay?

Velderik
3rd May 2009, 16:08
So I was wondering if this game is going to be like playing missions in a certain chapter which are limited to certain rooms. Or if it is an open place where you can go to different places whenever you want.

Wouldn't like it if it was divided in chapters which are tied to certain rooms. Would ruin the game a bit.

KillerCroc
3rd May 2009, 16:12
So I was wondering if this game is going to be like playing missions in a certain chapter which are limited to certain rooms. Or if it is an open place where you can go to different places whenever you want.

Wouldn't like it if it was divided in chapters which are tied to certain rooms. Would ruin the game a bit. Have you ever played Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, or anyone for that matter? You can probably go to other areas as an open world, which you will need too, to find all the goodies, but the real chapters start on some parts of the island.

Abeja
3rd May 2009, 16:17
Im fairly certain they said that you use your detective mode and find items that open doors to get to new areas. Then you might be able to run back through at the end i guess.

door noob
3rd May 2009, 18:18
You are cappable of going anywhere anytime, this is a very old question and please do not ask it again.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/302/batman-arkham-asylum-qampa

Jericoe
3rd May 2009, 18:20
they better no make it so if batman hits the water he dies they should put like sharp rocks insted er somethin

EliteF50
3rd May 2009, 18:37
they better no make it so if batman hits the water he dies they should put like sharp rocks insted er somethin

Agreed. Batman better be able to swim.

gizmow
3rd May 2009, 18:42
Agreed. Batman better be able to swim.

swimming...whats next?
snowboarding...rock climbing?

Kai Rei
3rd May 2009, 18:43
swimming...whats next?
snowboarding...rock climbing?

It's BATMAN for crying out loud. He should be able to swim atleast.

gizmow
3rd May 2009, 18:46
It's BATMAN for crying out loud. He should be able to swim atleast.

ok fine.. agreed. but these people always find something wrong w/ the game

door noob
3rd May 2009, 19:09
The developres stated that the water will be the kind you will not want to swim in.

CaptainMcMulla
3rd May 2009, 19:11
The developres dtated that the water will be the kind you will not want to swim in.

If im going to fall in the water i'll just quickly grapple up.

EliteF50
3rd May 2009, 19:32
The developres stated that the water will be the kind you will not want to swim in.

That's just an excuse. It basically means we can't swim...

stoobytoons
3rd May 2009, 20:15
Hopefully not magically poison water that takes life away instantly. Crap, Sefton is a huge Metroid fan..... ugh.

The Jedi Guardian
3rd May 2009, 23:12
I'd like both, well what I mean is you play the game in open world and when you are finished I wish you can go back to these rooms or from the menu you could select the boss battle

That gives me an idea, after you play the bosses, hopefullly they can be challlenge rooms

The Jedi Guardian
3rd May 2009, 23:13
I'd like both, well what I mean is you play the game in open world and when you are finished I wish you can go back to these rooms or from the menu you could select the boss battle

That gives me an idea, after you play the bosses, hopefullly they can be challenge rooms

BatNipples
4th May 2009, 00:07

That gives me an idea, after you play the bosses, hopefully they can be challenge rooms

i agree. most games don't have a level select and they really should its a basic that was pretty much there from the beginning. also i don't really expect it in this game but games need to re -release single console co-op. not over internet or over system link but over one console. i mean when the f*** did this stop being a good thing? even alot of racing games don't have this. i mean what the fook. why should i buy another xbox to play with someone in the same room as me.

Also this game better allow multiple saves. if it doesn't then im really gonna kill someone.

DarkCrusander84
4th May 2009, 00:21
this i just find out the reason why it been push back .........Following a Game Informer rumour that Batman: Arkham Asylum had been delayed until the fourth quarter, Eidos has confirmed the game’s dropped from June 23 to the “end of summer 2009″ in the US.
A statement from the company said only that the game was being moved back in order to allow extra time for polish.

gizmow
4th May 2009, 00:25
what is polishing?

DarkCrusander84
4th May 2009, 00:30
i don't know what polishing .i wish did so i think if it was for that the game would be come june 23

arOnex20
4th May 2009, 02:23
i don't know what polishing .i wish did so i think if it was for that the game would be come june 23

:scratch:

Jericoe
4th May 2009, 03:21
polishing is just a fancy word to hide the truth wich is "The reason we delayed this is cause we dont give a crap about are fans we just want loads of money"

Amputechture
4th May 2009, 03:25
Hopefully not magically poison water that takes life away instantly. Crap, Sefton is a huge Metroid fan..... ugh.

What's wrong with that?

Ratchetdude099
4th May 2009, 05:57
polishing is just a fancy word to hide the truth wich is "The reason we delayed this is cause we dont give a crap about are fans we just want loads of money"

Polishing means working on all the small details to make sure this is the best Batman game it can be.

angleslam99
4th May 2009, 07:23

That's a bit...harsh dont'ya think?

dr_crane_1986
4th May 2009, 07:48

what is with the attitude?
Dont click a link you dont want to read and give a little smug reply.
This board is full of douches like you.:rasp:

dr_crane_1986
4th May 2009, 07:51
You are cappable of going anywhere anytime, this is a very old question and please do not ask it again.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/302/batman-arkham-asylum-qampa

What is with the attitude?
Dont click a link you dont want to read and give a little smug reply.
This board is full of people like you and its ******* annoying.:D

HeartlessSystem
4th May 2009, 08:02

hey, why dont you try making an awsome game with no bugs first time
now whats that word again... oh yeah

OWNED lol:D