PDA

View Full Version : what do you want in tomb raider 9

Jonathan Croft 1996
3rd May 2009, 14:24
my idea is you start with the first croft manor from the first tree games but in the game zip calls lara to tell her how how the rebuild of croft manor from the last three gsmes is coming along.Then when you finish the game with 100% zip calls again to say you croft manor is completely rebuild and now you can go expore and have fun in both houses but only if you get 100%

also the first croft manor has garages and a wepons room so before you go on a mision you pick witch car to use so if its a level in a party in london get the aston martin but if its in the jungle pick a jeep

larasshadow
7th May 2009, 13:43
sounds like a plan...

larasshadow
7th May 2009, 13:50
Here is my idea. The opening scene shows Amanda knocking on the Croft manor door. Croft manor from number 2. Anyways Lara opens the door and looks puzzled. Amanda then comes in and tells Lara how the machine from Laras Shadow can bring back her Mother. Then Lara get's to The dopplegangers birth place in Hellhiem and All the pieces to the machine are missing. So Lara has to travel to different places to find them.

:) Niether of us are our own enemies.

jayjay119
7th May 2009, 17:48
Nothing with Amanda or Zip, or Natla. Lets have completely new characters please. I'm all for these characters returning at some point but lets have something totally fresh with no connections to TRU apart from a slight reference of 'after all the trauma in Helheim ...bla, bla bla' to introduce the game maybe.

I agree with having the classic manor though that is a must.

John Akam
8th May 2009, 02:51
Agree. No Amanda. No Natla. Maybe Zip can be excused since he's a sidekick (of some sort) (Doesn't mean I'm a fan of him though).

I want Tomb Raider nine to have better CAMERA and CONTROL. [This thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88312 explains what I meant becoz I simply can't put my thoughts into words]. And I'm not really into the checkpoint thing. It sortof kill the hoarding of medpacks experience.

Maybe.

LARALOVERnr1
6th Jul 2009, 09:34
I want a simple 'replay level' option. not only treasure hunt...

Flintmelody
6th Jul 2009, 13:57
Here is my idea. The opening scene shows Amanda knocking on the Croft manor door. Croft manor from number 2. Anyways Lara opens the door and looks puzzled. Amanda then comes in and tells Lara how the machine from Laras Shadow can bring back her Mother. Then Lara get's to The dopplegangers birth place in Hellhiem and All the pieces to the machine are missing. So Lara has to travel to different places to find them.

:) Niether of us are our own enemies.

Certainly NOT that. No Amanda and Lara as friends and certainly NO more Mother story.

John Carter
6th Jul 2009, 14:07
If you could combine the epic scope of TR 3 with the inspired level design of TR 4/TR Anniversary and the environmental attention to detail of the other CD TRs, and build it on a storyline that has some internal consistency, and with really grand but still slightly stylized graphics, that would be fantastic.

Oh, almost forgot. I'd also like something entirely new, but new in a way that's simpatico with the Lara Croft classic vibe. Don't know what it is, but I suppose that's why I'm not a game developer. :)

tombraidergal
6th Jul 2009, 15:29
i want there to be city levels, more outfits like legend, codes to play maybe the villan? Special moves unlockables like on spyro, you go a certain place and earn a certain move. :D it'd be cool. also.... a few levels where we play flashback's. interesting a gripping story line, maybe a tear jerker like underworld when she met her zombie mother (it made my eyes water and my heart felt like it was in my throat) and perhaps freaky creatures? You know, like ones that make you jump, new moves, realistic jumps, grabs, flips etc. (i just gotta say, the length lara jumps to grab a ledge would break her fingers, so why not have like a ledge, grapple then ledge? Like it does, and please please please... no grapple going through her body like anniversary, grapple stay same as underworld please.
A longer length grapple, hook can hook onto anything (even if there is no hook or metal object, because she seems to hook the grapple onto a none hook area in anniversary when natla falls in lava) and cool interactive enviroments. Interactive scenes like legend and anniversary, slow motion combat, slow motion choice thingy like underworld!!!!
Journal and pda, inventory, nice outfit, (not unrealistic body but same curves) legend, underworld, and anniversary outfits should all be included, that'd be way cool, and some new ones.

No picking and choosing consoles for extra levels and outfits (i'm an xbox 360 owner and haven't downloaded extra's), just for it all to be fair and make us go wow!!!

oh and maybe long game play... like fourty three? And please, make cinematics viewable, treausre hunt mode, normal replay mode and an option to turn ear piece on/off.

lilhanhan
6th Jul 2009, 15:52
I would like the good things from the classics back; I want a simple and fun story as well as the tough levels and puzzles to return.

Also, I don't really want the headset; Lara is strong and independent, she doesn't really need people rambling down her ear all the time.

@tombraidergal

I'm having trouble reading your post due to the colour. :o

I sound quite demanding in this post, don't I? :o

Jurre
6th Jul 2009, 16:13
The story definatly needs conversation. There are 3 ways to do that: headset, having the other character walk along, or having Lara herself as the narrator.
What doesn't work is having her mumbling uninteresting excrement in front of a camera.

Andy64
6th Jul 2009, 16:36
Liking some of those thoughts. City levels and unlockable outfits should be back. I thought the whole Mother story was too much and so not 'play for sport' type fun . The end conclusion was good and I was happy it wasn't the predictable ending. Still think a new story is needed for next TR. Some more lone enamies that surprise you by attacking outside main combat areas would be good.

The biggest musts for me to see in the next TR are less puzzles (specifically no more like the Shiva statue and underwater ones), the return of Core style TR music and replayability features similar to Legend.

d1n0_xD
6th Jul 2009, 16:45
The story definatly needs conversation. There are 3 ways to do that: headset, having the other character walk along, or having Lara herself as the narrator.
What doesn't work is having her mumbling uninteresting excrement in front of a camera.

I completelly and totally agree with you...I want the headsets in next TR game...I really like conversation in TR games:D

trlaracroft
8th Jul 2009, 14:58
ok me and my friends want kurtis back... :D