PDA

View Full Version : Lara's personality... When will they decde?

Wlado.Srbija
3rd May 2009, 13:04
Maybe I'm to boring with this, but, this is a unique game, and I think it needs a unique character. I have noticed that throughout the game sequels, Lara's personality changes. For example, let's have a look at last few sequels. In Tomb Raider Anniversary, Lara doesn't kill people throughout the game. First, she feels horrible before killing Larson, and when she does, she almost cries. Same with Kid and Kold... She understands what it is like to kill a human being, to take somebody's life, just for her own goals. She regrets. In Legend, in very first level, she kills 20+ mercenaries, not even knowing why they are there, without a reason! She even makes sarcastic jokes about their deaths. So, what I'm trying to say is that she is not the same person. What do you think?

Wlado.Srbija
3rd May 2009, 17:13
Anyone? :lol:

a_big_house
3rd May 2009, 19:37
i wouldnt forget that anni was set years before legend and if you think about it, in 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 sh also kills people there, i would say shes used to killing people and therefore she doesnt have a problem thus making her a serial killer :-P

Jurre
3rd May 2009, 19:44
Its not like she's been written by one specific person. Toby Gard may be her creator, but he's not like Tolkien who has a very clear idea on what his characters do and don't.

Which is also the reason for the inconsistancy between the different games.... its sad, but that's the way it goes... Again: they could learn much from Heavenly Sword or Uncharted on these points...

Error96_
4th May 2009, 00:02
I thought that was a bit odd. Lara's personality did seem very different in TRA to the orginal version. Think it's just the TRA team trying to make their version more monumental for Lara by making it her first kill . The justification between the difference is probably just the time in Lara's life when the games were set.

Max 28
4th May 2009, 05:07
But at the end of TR:A Lara comes to terms with her killing and obviously she has continued to grow from that experiance during the 10 years in between TR:A and TR:L. I have the understanding that she does it out of self defence and really she is killing the bad guys.;)

IvanaKC
4th May 2009, 11:34
I think they changed her to be heartless because of cruel world. What would you do if man comes to you with knife in his hand and tries to kill you? Same with Lara and her personality.

Wlado.Srbija
4th May 2009, 12:06
... In Legend, in very first level, she kills 20+ mercenaries, not even knowing why they are there, without a reason! She even makes sarcastic jokes about their deaths...
That's not self defense...

Max 28
5th May 2009, 06:41
That's not self defense...

Yeah, taking it a bit far sure, but I guess she's trying to make light of a rather dark situation and cover up her feelings untill late at night she cries herself to sleep with her head in her pillow. :( Poor Lara :(

Space_Monkey
6th May 2009, 18:33
lmao lara crying herself to sleep?

idea for next tr!!!

At The End of evry lvl there is a 5 minute cutscene of lara crying into a pillow!!

i know tht idea is purrrfect.:wave:

jayjay119
7th May 2009, 00:22
The character of Lara is the same to me really it is just explored in more depth. Its like a 'something you weren't told before' none of the older games focused on Lara that much (apart from AOD) so we have never had a story like that. Lara in TRU shows signs of being a lot like Lara in the classics IMO.

Once again, TRA is NOT Lara's first kill. Apart from he fact that there are stories set before it where she attempts to /kills people. TRA is lara's first kill of an innocent, namely Larson. Larson had not posed enough danger to Lara throughout the game for her to kill him. She did it because he was just in her way and she was fed up and wanted to progress. The commentaries in Natla's mines explains all of this. The killing in TRL...and every other TR were self defense. People were attacking her.

angelus0901
7th May 2009, 09:34
I think she finally understood "Kill or be killed"!!

Space_Monkey
7th May 2009, 20:14
Actually lara killed Larson because he took her sandwich. =/

She said it on her myspace.:eek: