PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Unlocks (but not with CE Edition!)

OmniusALX
2nd May 2009, 11:20
WTF!

I've just been on the Play.com website (I have pre-ordered the CE edition) and to my disbelief, they are offering an unlock code for the Armoured Batsuit - but only with the 'standard' version of the game!!!

Surely anyone ordering the game, should have this code?

http://images.play.com/banners/6362923l.jpg

door noob
2nd May 2009, 13:58
This is really old and useless information.

Lunar
2nd May 2009, 14:35
His abs still look wierd.

The Joker 1
2nd May 2009, 14:50
WTF!

I've just been on the Play.com website (I have pre-ordered the CE edition) and to my disbelief, they are offering an unlock code for the Armoured Batsuit - but only with the 'standard' version of the game!!!

Unlock code? that means that the game has cheats!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEaaaaaaaay!:D :D

Tyl93
2nd May 2009, 14:58
Unlock code? that means that the game has cheats!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEaaaaaaaay!:D :D

no it's an activation code over psn/xbox live not an in game code, so sorry no cheat codes :nut:

kadashi666
2nd May 2009, 16:35
WTF!

think there is anything you gusy at edios can do to make sure that us guys buying the CE wil be able to get armored batman?

CaptainMcMulla
2nd May 2009, 16:59
think there is anything you gusy at edios can do to make sure that us guys buying the CE wil be able to get armored batman?

I dont think they'll put it up with the CE but they may put it on PSN/XBOX live for a bit of cash.

PS3/PSPGamer7
2nd May 2009, 17:34
Ok if the standard edition gets this I'll be just ticked, I pre-ordered the CE so I could get the best, not some of the best. If this is true, its just sad

your mom
2nd May 2009, 17:37
Ok if the standard edition gets this I'll be just ticked, I pre-ordered the CE so I could get the best, not some of the best. If this is true, its just sad

you can buy it for a price...

PS3/PSPGamer7
2nd May 2009, 17:42
Why would I want to spend more $ when I already spent $100 on this? Besides I buy those $20 PSN cards because I don't have a credit card...yet

kadashi666
2nd May 2009, 18:58
I dont think they'll put it up with the CE but they may put it on PSN/XBOX live for a bit of cash.

as *****ty as it would be to put up preorder material for sale on psn/xbox live, it would be better then not making it available at all. if edios is going to include downloadable material for certain preorders then make sure that each one can be picked up for a purchase price after they are released, so that people who get one edition will be able to play the game to the fullest, even if it costs more money.

however, its pretty bad that people buying the CE have to settle for only so much extra content when there is more available for free to other people. we are paying an extra 40$ to get some cool stuff and we shouldn't have to compromise. :thud:

Jericoe
2nd May 2009, 22:09
everyone stop whining and just get the regular version instead

HeartlessSystem
3rd May 2009, 15:53
His abs still look wierd.

I know they do, but its not as bad as the bat nipples in that movie:lmao:

gizmow
3rd May 2009, 16:00
hmmmmm...a cool batarang or a in game wierd looking bat suit....batarang

OmniusALX
4th May 2009, 11:07
Here's the links to the 2 versions for those people on here who doubt this to be true...

Standard Edition with free unlock code
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/6362923/Batman-Arkham-Asylum/Product.html

Collectors Edition with no 'free' unlock code
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/9663559/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collector-Edition/Product.html

:mad2:

Kal1138
4th May 2009, 11:40
I've mentioned this 3 times in the other thread about Play.com and the armored costume, but no one seems to listen. It's JUST an UNLOCK code. The suit is in the game. You'll be able to unlock it without using any codes and the code will be the same for everyone.

They've done this with other games as well. They offered an exclusive unlock code for a costume for The Force Unleashed (the code was the same for everyone and you could unlock it without a code too) and they offered an exclusive classic costume unlock code for Wolverine. The code is the same for everyone and they'll have a way of unlocking it in-game as well.

As for other sites that offer extra challenge maps...I have no idea. I think those are probably DLC that will be released at a later date on LIVE and PSN.

Ratchetdude099
4th May 2009, 22:48
So if it's just a code, it'll be on the internet within a few days at most after release.

Jericoe
5th May 2009, 00:01
hey its like fracture if anyone has fracture let me know cause i have the code(i dont have fracture though.i just got the code cause me friend worked at gamestop)

kadashi666
5th May 2009, 01:55
I've mentioned this 3 times in the other thread about Play.com and the armored costume, but no one seems to listen. It's JUST an UNLOCK code. The suit is in the game. You'll be able to unlock it without using any codes and the code will be the same for everyone.

They've done this with other games as well. They offered an exclusive unlock code for a costume for The Force Unleashed (the code was the same for everyone and you could unlock it without a code too) and they offered an exclusive classic costume unlock code for Wolverine. The code is the same for everyone and they'll have a way of unlocking it in-game as well.

As for other sites that offer extra challenge maps...I have no idea. I think those are probably DLC that will be released at a later date on LIVE and PSN.

oh, well if its going to be available in the game anyways then i withdraw my comment. :whistle:

in the great words of Gilda Radner/Rosanne Rosonadanda: never mind. :D