PDA

View Full Version : Bats Birthday Bash!

kadashi666
1st May 2009, 14:56
hey people! today is the 70'th birthday of batman, one of comic books greatest characters ever to be created! as a bit of a celebration i thought it would be nice if we all stop a moment to make a post about batman in honor of his 70th birthday. take a moment to write something, anything, commemorating batman in some way or another.

as for me, i'll kick this off with a quick story of how i first was introduced to batman.

when i was a kid my father used to show me all sorts of nerd related paraphernalia, from old 8 bit video games (astroids was a big one) to classic star trek episodes. but what always stood out to me was how my father would sit down with me and watch the first batman movie (tim burtons) with me. it was freaky to be sure, but my father wasn't interested so much in the movie itself as he was in the message that batman put across.

he would say to me that the reason he loved batman was because he wasn't just a super hero, he was a real man who just pushed himself to the limits, who strives every day to do the right thing the best he could even when no one else would. what my dad said stuck with me, and now every time i think of batman i always feel this very personal connection, because to me batman isn't just some guy fighting crime or a charterer to be impressed by, he's a role model that has inspired me to be the best i can whenever i can.

happy 70th birthday batman, and lets hope we get to see your 100th birthday. :D

Bob Kane
1st May 2009, 17:07
hey people! today is the 70'th birthday of batman, one of comic books greatest characters ever to be created! as a bit of a celebration i thought it would be nice if we all stop a moment to make a post about batman in honor of his 70th birthday. take a moment to write something, anything, commemorating batman in some way or another.

as for me, i'll kick this off with a quick story of how i first was introduced to batman.

when i was a kid my father used to show me all sorts of nerd related paraphernalia, from old 8 bit video games (astroids was a big one) to classic star trek episodes. but what always stood out to me was how my father would sit down with me and watch the first batman movie (tim burtons) with me. it was freaky to be sure, but my father wasn't interested so much in the movie itself as he was in the message that batman put across.

he would say to me that the reason he loved batman was because he wasn't just a super hero, he was a real man who just pushed himself to the limits, who strives every day to do the right thing the best he could even when no one else would. what my dad said stuck with me, and now every time i think of batman i always feel this very personal connection, because to me batman isn't just some guy fighting crime or a charterer to be impressed by, he's a role model that has inspired me to be the best i can whenever i can.

happy 70th birthday batman, and lets hope we get to see your 100th birthday. :D

;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPJtbppw4k

kadashi666
1st May 2009, 17:22
;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPJtbppw4k

wow that pretty neat! thanks for posting that up!

TheManWhoLaughs
1st May 2009, 17:48
i mentioned this a while ago, its tomorrow that bats has his birthday

Zhim
1st May 2009, 19:32
Happy B-Day!

kadashi666
1st May 2009, 19:49
i mentioned this a while ago, its tomorrow that bats has his birthday

oops, just realized today's Friday, not Saturday. ^_^; oh well, it still stands. ^_^