PDA

View Full Version : Batman Cartoon Discussion -- Which is your favorite?

EliteF50
1st May 2009, 06:27
I was just wondering which Batman episode/show you guys liked the most?

Personally, I don't have a favorite episode, but my favorite cartoon would have to be Batman: The Animated Series.

One episode I liked in particular was "Old Wounds" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_344SybXh8) from The New Batman Adventures.

Here's how I'd rate the shows:

The Animated Series: 10/10
The New Batman Adventures: 9.8/10
Batman Beyond: 8.8/10
The Batman: 8.5/10
Batman: Brave and Bold: 4/10

Sorry if I missed any. It's 2 AM here. :\

*Note: Click on "Old Wounds" to watch episode.*

DarthHobbs
1st May 2009, 08:58
Hi Guys & Gals

Hi EliteF50 I like the thread my friend and my list is exactly the same as yours and in the right order except for Batman: Brave and Bold I never heard of that but I must add the followning to our list (lol).

Here's my list:

Cartoon Series

The Animated Series
The New Batman Adventures
Batman Beyond
The Batman

______

Batman Animated Movies

Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze - Sub-Zero
Batman Mystery of the Batwoman
Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
Batman Gotham Knights

______

I have two favourite Batman TAS related an episode and movie 1 is Batman TAS Episode called "Nothing to Fear" it was the Scarecrow episode and I love that episode so much I use the one of the quotes as my signature. And by no means least is Batman Mask of the Phantasm it was the first time I saw a Batman Cartoon in a movie format and it was the first movie I saw with a CGish opening to the movie with the Shirley Walker Music that's Batman's theme during the series but the re-done from the series but with some I think it's Russian signing choir and it sounds beautiful and I bought the album just for that song because it's Batman you can't get better than that and also it shows and has some back story on him becoming Batman which I loved.

This is my list guys and thanks for making the thread dude I gotta go watch Batman Mask of the Phantasm now after about talking it (lol).:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ps. Yes I know the opening theme to Batman TAS was Danny Elfman Batman theme which is still awesome but in the series the characters had themes and Batman's was the shirley Walker theme she used in Mask of the Phantasm but in Phantasm it was bigger and was used with a choir for the first time.

Kai Rei
1st May 2009, 09:33
Batman: TAS was my favorite, followed by "The Batman". Can't say I have any favorite episode's for either serie's though. [although I loved the first episode with Harley in The Batman]

EliteF50
1st May 2009, 13:51
Hi EliteF50 I like the thread my friend and my list is exactly the same as yours and in the right order except for Batman: Brave and Bold I never heard of that but I must add the followning to our list (lol).

This is my list guys and thanks for making the thread dude I gotta go watch Batman Mask of the Phantasm now after about talking it (lol).:D :D :D :D :D :D

Haha, thanks and you're welcome. :)

I also loved Mask of the Phantasm. It's amazing how good TAS's writers are.

chip5541
1st May 2009, 14:00
The Animated Series was the best.

If I had to pick an episode it would be the one where the guy that was having bad luck and ended up getting the Joker. The episode was called Jokers Favor :lmao:

Jason Todd
1st May 2009, 14:05

If I had to pick an episode it would be the one where the guy that was having bad luck beat up the Joker. The episode was called Jokers Favor :lmao:

I agree that TAS was the bets, i got all 4 Vols, and my favorite...I have a ton But I love Laughing Fish, Joker's Favor, Harlequinade, Mad Love, Heart of Ice and Almost Got 'em, those are off the top of my head some of my favoirtes. Oh and the One with The Creeper

kadashi666
1st May 2009, 14:23
id also have to say that TAS was the best batman show (its actually what got me into batman in the first place, that and crazy michael keaton blowing people up) but my favorite episode was the two-parter that introduced two face. i really liked that one because it actually had a sympathetic storyline while still being entertaining, and was one of the only episodes that focused purely on two face.

EliteF50
1st May 2009, 14:26

If I had to pick an episode it would be the one where the guy that was having bad luck and ended up getting the Joker. The episode was called Jokers Favor :lmao:

Yeah, that was a great episode.

VXR
1st May 2009, 15:07
JUMPIN JIMMINY............................. CHARLIE COLLINS !!!!!

heck ya, jokers favor... good call chip, im going to have to re watch all those classic episode's

angleslam99
1st May 2009, 16:19
This past christmas I got the complete Batman: The Animated Series disc set. I must say it was the best gift I've ever gotten. I love it so much that it's hard to pick out my favorites. But I'll go off ones from memory.

Beware the Grey Ghost
The Clock King
If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?
Riddler's Reform
Joker's Favor
Nothing to Fear
Two Face Part 1 and 2
Pretty Poison
Heart of Ice
Feat of Clay Part 1 and 2
Mad as a Hatter
The Demon's Quest Part 1 and 2
Read My Lips

Jason Todd
1st May 2009, 16:22
This past christmas I got the complete Batman: The Animated Series disc set. I must say it was the best gift I've ever gotten. I love it so much that it's hard to pick out my favorites. But I'll go off ones from memory.

Beware the Grey Ghost
The Clock King
If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?
Riddler's Reform
Joker's Favor
Nothing to Fear
Two Face Part 1 and 2
Pretty Poison
Heart of Ice
Feat of Clay Part 1 and 2
Mad as a Hatter
The Demon's Quest Part 1 and 2
Read My Lips

I forgot beware the Grey Ghost that was awesome, and requiem to dream or whatever that one's called when Bruce's parents aren't dead...I watched that with my Girlfriend Tuesday...Bruce says some very...obvious lines though lol.

"I need a Flare Gun....with FLARES!!!" :lol:

Azura20
1st May 2009, 17:34
Harlequinade. "No... that's your father...IN A TANK!!11!"
Harley is such an awesome character.

SilentOne500
1st May 2009, 20:27
Animated series was the best, favorite episodes were probably the very first mad Hatter episode where he uses mind control on Alice, and the Riddler episode where he becomes a genuine businessman but cannot keep himself from committing crimes. Also, the Mr. Freeze episode of course, and the episode "Almost Got him!" or something like that, the one where its a bunch of villains around a table talking about how they all almost caught Batman.

Oh man, and the creation of two-face episodes were amazing. Really, overall that series was just great XD

Black sabbith102
1st May 2009, 21:49
I love how the animated series is just dominating this thread. This should be an eye opener to put the show back on air.

As for my favorite episode....

I would have to say
Xmas with the Joker and I am the Night

angleslam99
2nd May 2009, 00:38
I love how the animated series is just dominating this thread. This should be an eye opener to put the show back on air.

As for my favorite episode....

I would have to say
Xmas with the Joker and I am the Night

The show is on the air, its on Disney

EliteF50
2nd May 2009, 01:13
Does anyone know why Two-Face was never shown in The Batman?

DrCLos
2nd May 2009, 05:42
BTAS is no doubt my favorite Batman series. Difficult to pick a favorite episode but I really liked Feat of Clay 1 and 2 so I'm going with that one.

Black sabbith102
2nd May 2009, 05:58
The show is on the air, its on Disney

I didn't know it still was ill have to check it out sometime if i see it on.

Jason Todd
2nd May 2009, 07:16
I didn't know it still was ill have to check it out sometime if i see it on.

Its on Disney XD, not regular disney that shows hannah montanna and whatnot, the new one for Teenage guys that shows Static Shock and Jett Jackson

hentaisama2635
2nd May 2009, 08:30
Does anyone know why Two-Face was never shown in The Batman?

I love Batman TAS, I have all the episodes on DVD. I watch them regularly. My favorite episodes are Two-Face because its hard to watch a friend turn evil let alone have to stop them. I heard in the commentary to the DVD they consulted a child psychologist to make it as tormenting as possible without crossing any lines, they put some real thought in making this series, My second favorite episode is Heart of Ice with the introduction to Mr. Freeze, in the commentary for the DVD it says its the first time Mr. Freeze was ever taken seriously, and not some joke character, also that i wasn't the only one who favored the episode. One reason i love this series is the villains, very few of them are trying to destroy the world rule it or become rich they have psychological reasons for their crimes. Not to mention Two--Face is my FAVORITE villain of them all both in TAS and The Dark Knight, I hear he is also going to be in the next movie. Batman is my hero growing up, I had the whole samurai sense in life and through batman i learned that its not the rules that make one honorable its the manner in witch you use your resources,

To answer the above question, the people involved in The Batman series said they couldn't get the rights to Two-Face at the time, I would love to have seen what they would have done with him, I'm only on the third season at the moment, so the only villain i have seen with any psychological trauma is clay face. Who in this series was a cop captured by the joker and had his mind twisted, The rest of the villains in the series, even Mr. Freeze is just some lowlife bank robber or world destroyer. Also I'd like to mention something about The Batman series that may clear somethings up for people in the specials they mentioned the series was to be taken as Bruce was just starting as batman its only been three years so he hasn't quite grasped the whole detective aspect and he relied a little more on brawn then brain.To me it also cleared up the reason everyone looked rather young. But I'm also a lolicon so i couldn't argue with Batgirl or Poison Ivy I like thous episodes ^_^.

Also for the record I have to put this little ramble in here since I'm on it, I can not stress enough how much I HATE ROBIN. Just to say I heard he was created by the comic company to give children someone they could pretend to be "since children couldn't pretend to be batman." WHAT CHILD COULDN'T PRETEND TO BE BATMAN!!!!!!, I did. I was so happy to hear that I wasnt the only one who hated robin. In the comics from the golden years, the joker had Tim Drake (I know that isnt his name but people who have seen the series know better who he is) tied to a chair in a warehouse on the back of the comic book they had a voting number you could call to say yes or no to killing Robin it was something like 500 no to none yes,

Ok I'm about done, I LOVED Danny de Vito as the Penguin, he should do it again, I'm just dreaming like I did as a kid.^_^

Thank You for Reading this far ^_^

HystericFreak
2nd May 2009, 10:29
Batman TAS of course, with some of my fave eps ranging from Harlequinade, Harley and Ivy, Harley's Holiday, Joker's Favour, The Laughing Fish, Mad Love... ohhkay you can probably see a theme but oh well! Oh, and Fear the Creeper, that was a good one too, mainly for the pudding scene...

It was classic Batman, with classic villains and enjoyable behaviour. That series is my warm comfort blanket that I cuddle up with on a winter day with a bowl of brownies and stare at for hours on end. Nothing beats it, it is bliss. =D

Kai Rei
2nd May 2009, 10:39
Batman TAS of course, with some of my fave eps ranging from Harlequinade, Harley and Ivy, Harley's Holiday, Joker's Favour, The Laughing Fish, Mad Love... ohhkay you can probably see a theme but oh well! Oh, and Fear the Creeper, that was a good one too, mainly for the pudding scene...

It was classic Batman, with classic villains and enjoyable behaviour. That series is my warm comfort blanket that I cuddle up with on a winter day with a bowl of brownies and stare at for hours on end. Nothing beats it, it is bliss. =D

So true. It's great being under a warm blanket watching the cold rain pounding outside on the window, and watching TAS at the same time.

One of the most memorable scene's from TAS for me was when the Scarecrow was going to spread his fear gas on a football game from above the stadium. Awesome.

The_Hylden
2nd May 2009, 11:08
I'd have to say my favorite episode would have to be Man-Bat, followed by a slew of others, including Joker's Favor mentioned "We can't have people cussing out other drivers on the road. It's not polite!" I used to giggle at the lack of cuss words being promoted as such:p Laughing Fish -- a direct port of the comics (and fleshed out even more gruesomely in The Man Who Laughs), the aforementioned Two-Face two parter and the mad Hatter intro. The Mr. Freeze one was great also. I loved Tyger Tiger as well. The Clay-Face origin one was great too. Most of Batman's villains are so tragic, they are tailor-made for great stories. Sad, but great.

I liked the other series, but never will there be another TAS.

The movies Mask of the Phantasm and Sub Zero were bang-on for the series, I have to say. return of the Joker was pretty odd, as in a bit creepier than necessary, so i liked it, but it's not in the same class. The uncut version, btw.

batfan08
2nd May 2009, 12:05
I love Batman:TAS!Some of my favorite episodes are:Showdown(I'm a huge Jonah Hex fan,and an even bigger Batman fan,so that was perfect))Fire from Olympus(I just loved how at the end in Arkham Maxie Zeus is comparing all the Rogues to Gods like Two-Face is "Two-Faced Janus"),Forgotten,Two-Face parts 1 & 2,Beware of The Grey Ghost(They really made it kind of a noirish feel and that really did it for me.),P.O.V.(again the noir feel of it,like some old 40's Cop vs. Mobster movie.only with Batman),Be a Clown,and I've Got Batman In My Basement kind of just go perfectly with each other,Heart of Ice,Appointment in Crime Alley,Paging the Crime Doctor,Perchance to Dream,The Laughing Fish,Joker's Favor,and If You're So Smart,Why Aren't You Rich?.Those are just some of my favorites,also,would anyone like to see more original animation in the vain of Batman:TAS?I personally would like to See Kevin Conroy,Bruce Timm do some new episodes ,though I would like to see a DCU animated movie with the cast,and style of Batman:TAS

xxhanzyxx
3rd May 2009, 21:52
Definately got to be the original batman the animated series! And it got really interesting in the new adventures with batman and crew, although Tim drakes Robin could have done with being a bit older and Nightwings hair could have done with being a bit shorter (I actually liked the version of nightwing in The Batman) And my fav episode has to be Old wounds, hmmm wonder why!!
And to create The mystery of Batwoman so many years after the final season of the original programme gave me such false hopes that they were planning on a comback series, how wrong was I.... Sob!

xxhanzyxx
3rd May 2009, 21:55
I would have also like to see the origins of Oracle, that would have made a good esisode! Come on WB!!!!!