PDA

View Full Version : Batman VS Spider-Man

Darkboy
30th Apr 2009, 16:31
What do you guys think of Batman and Spider-Man? They've been competitors in the comics market for a while.

Personally I'm a big fan of both of them. I like them for different reasons, but at the same time they have a lot on common. Both of them became heroes because of their father figures being shot dead when they felt responsible for letting it happen. Both of them are extremely hated by the public, but defend them better than the police can. Both of them often fight "real life" crime like gangs, instead of fighting crazy aliens and robots all the time like Superman or Hulk. Both of them are widely known throughout their own superhero communities and are seen as both great allies while having disagreeable tactics. Both of them have sworn not to kill or use firearms.

Of course I am not saying that this means everything Batman can do Spider-Man can do or something like that. There's obviously a lot of differences between them that are just so obvious. Spider-Man's sense of humor would never work with Batman and Batman is more of a classic noir-ish figure than Spider-Man could ever hope to be. He may not be as dark as Batman but there have been times where his stories did get dark (most notably Spider-Man: REIGN, but this is obviously heavily influenced by The Dark Knight Returns). I know a lot of people on here probably hate Spider-Man, but I think they're both worth what they are. Spider-Man may be easier to relate to in terms of his personal life, but Batman is just as human as any of us and is psychologically complex beyond belief among many other things.

I'd love to see them do crossovers more often. In fact, if there was a Batman/Spider-Man videogame I'd play it every day! That'll probably never happen. Oh well, maybe someday I can make one, but it'd be all cheap and screwy and not high quality like Eidos's stuff. I do remember they had this great, great crossover where they teamed up to take down Joker and Carnage - that was awesome.

imported_BAT_MAN
30th Apr 2009, 16:37
I personally prefer batman because spider-man's lame jokes that he makes all the time really annoy because they aren't funny.

Jason Todd
30th Apr 2009, 17:09
What do you guys think of Batman and Spider-Man? They've been competitors in the comics market for a while.

Personally I'm a big fan of both of them. I like them for different reasons, but at the same time they have a lot on common. Both of them became heroes because of their father figures being shot dead when they felt responsible for letting it happen. Both of them are extremely hated by the public, but defend them better than the police can. Both of them often fight "real life" crime like gangs, instead of fighting crazy aliens and robots all the time like Superman or Hulk. Both of them are widely known throughout their own superhero communities and are seen as both great allies while having disagreeable tactics. Both of them have sworn not to kill or use firearms.

Of course I am not saying that this means everything Batman can do Spider-Man can do or something like that. There's obviously a lot of differences between them that are just so obvious. Spider-Man's sense of humor would never work with Batman and Batman is more of a classic noir-ish figure than Spider-Man could ever hope to be. He may not be as dark as Batman but there have been times where his stories did get dark (most notably Spider-Man: REIGN, but this is obviously heavily influenced by The Dark Knight Returns). I know a lot of people on here probably hate Spider-Man, but I think they're both worth what they are. Spider-Man may be easier to relate to in terms of his personal life, but Batman is just as human as any of us and is psychologically complex beyond belief among many other things.

I'd love to see them do crossovers more often. In fact, if there was a Batman/Spider-Man videogame I'd play it every day! That'll probably never happen. Oh well, maybe someday I can make one, but it'd be all cheap and screwy and not high quality like Eidos's stuff. I do remember they had this great, great crossover where they teamed up to take down Joker and Carnage - that was awesome.

I love em both and if anyone knows what this one where they team up to take on Joker and Carnage is called please let me know...

harley quinn 1990
30th Apr 2009, 17:13
about 3 years ago, me and my friends went to our local mall and surveyed people about this. we got shirts made and everything, me and my one friend said batman and the other two said spiderman. we surveyed 100 random people and spiderman won 52 to 48 =( i say batman, but the people say spiderman

stoobytoons
30th Apr 2009, 17:13
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3055/2681439801_55fc1bbbf7.jpg?v=0
There ya go...

Spider-man is fun to watch when I'm interested in someone climbing a wall or swinging over a few yellow taxi's, but other than that... well, he's kind of a tool. I'll take Batman any second of any day.

MCREF
30th Apr 2009, 17:32
I suspect as much from a Batman forum. Spidey's still got my top spot, but Bats is still high up there.

Vaad
30th Apr 2009, 17:37
I have to be honest i have only recently got really into batman before that i was very very much a spider-man fan. I Still like Spider-man better than Batman but only a little now.

Batty_Akuma
30th Apr 2009, 18:44
I like both Spidey and Batman but i gotta give it to Batman as my favorite. He's just so badass.

CaptainMcMulla
30th Apr 2009, 18:45
Tried getting into spiderman but after watching Toby Maguire in the spiderman he sounds like a 5 year old kid (no offence to any spidey fans). I like the cartoons though never the less Batman is better for me because ive been a Batman fan since the age of 4 still remember having the black t shirt with the yellow bat logo on. Also i have to thank Christopher Nolan for rebooting the Batman franchise.

CodeBlack
30th Apr 2009, 20:01
I'd say Batman and Spiderman are two of the best comic series out there. In fact, when I think of superhero comics, I don't think of best in terms of Marvel vs DC. In my opinion, the best comics are Batman, then Spiderman, then everything else.

Basically, it's because of the characters, who under a good writer, always manage to make even the worst plotlines interesting and fun. They have two of the best rogues galleries in comics (Batman first, Spidey second), and the heroes themselves are much deeper than they seem at first glance.

KillerCroc
30th Apr 2009, 20:08
Recently I have to say most of the Marvel comics are pretty crappy. I like DC because it actually has a story and they don't make any superhero run aorund in circles (like Hulk:Rulk battle if anyone has read) The War of the Kings is pretty good, and the Dark Avengers, but I prefer DC because I read Marvel a lot growing up, and I didn't read a lot of DC, so it's a world of new ideas and such. I know about everything about Batman in my time reading DC and I plan to keep learning, now I picked up a bunch of Green Lantern comics for the blackest night, so I prefer Batman, he also has cooler villains than Spider-Man.

Zombie-Gamer
30th Apr 2009, 20:11
As a child I was a huge Spiderman fan and I guess I still am but as I've got older I feel myself being drawn more to Batman cause its a little darker and a little more adult then again Venom and Carnage are awesome. BTW did anyone play the Spiderman: Web of Shadows game? I wanna know what its like cause I might get it I've heard good and bad things bout it like the voice acting sucked tho not a problem Arkham will be having.

KillerCroc
30th Apr 2009, 20:14
As a child I was a huge Spiderman fan and I guess I still am but as I've got older I feel myself being drawn more to Batman cause its a little darker and a little more adult then again Venom and Carnage are awesome. BTW did anyone play the Spiderman: Web of Shadows game? I wanna know what its like cause I might get it I've heard good and bad things bout it like the voice acting sucked tho not a problem Arkham will be having. The Web of Shadows was an okay game with graphics, sad thing is, it sort of sucked story wise. Me being a comic book geek I hated the 10x combos in there, it is very un-Spider-Manish. So I would wait for the price to drop down, the villains were kind of uncool too, they didn't even have gobby. :(

Zombie-Gamer
30th Apr 2009, 21:01
The Web of Shadows was an okay game with graphics, sad thing is, it sort of sucked story wise. Me being a comic book geek I hated the 10x combos in there, it is very un-Spider-Manish. So I would wait for the price to drop down, the villains were kind of uncool too, they didn't even have gobby. :(

Cool. Thanks I'm quite a Spiderman fan so i'll give it a go I'll just get it pre owned from sumwhere.

Lunar
30th Apr 2009, 21:03
The Web of Shadows was an okay game with graphics, sad thing is, it sort of sucked story wise. Me being a comic book geek I hated the 10x combos in there, it is very un-Spider-Manish. So I would wait for the price to drop down, the villains were kind of uncool too, they didn't even have gobby. :( I beat that game in 10hours.

kadashi666
30th Apr 2009, 21:15
i like them both for different reasons. batman evokes feelings of both admiration and sympathy while spider man makes me laugh. if i were to go on personal connection then id have to say i like batman more then spider man, but sometimes i feel like batman is too much of a downer to really enjoy to the fullest. spider man on the other hand is much more of a light hero then batman, so between the two you get a really good flood of emotions from them.

oh and they both kick so much ass. :)

Zhim
30th Apr 2009, 21:24
Spiderman is a beginer superhero, from there, you have to move on to the more logical heros, like Bats.

You can pick up an issue of SM and it makes sense. Boom, But Batman has a different feel to it. A more psycological side.

IMOA, Bats can beat spiderman at anything.

Darkboy
30th Apr 2009, 21:28
I have to be honest i have only recently got really into batman before that i was very very much a spider-man fan. I Still like Spider-man better than Batman but only a little now.

That's mostly the same with me, except that I kind of like them both just as much as the other, they're both just so awesome in their own ways, but definitely not for everyone I guess. Spider-Man can be very funny when there's a good writer behind him -- anyone who's read most of the early Ultimate Spider-Man issues will agree. I've known Spider-Man longer for most of my life as far as who I've paid attention to more, and still being in high school myself it's easy for me to empathize with him, but I also can for Batman since he and I share similarities as far as problems, like never catering to himself and always doing things for other people as well as having bad experiences that painted a dark perception of life for them.

Also, someone earlier asked how Web Of Shadows was. It was OK, but disappointed me. They tried to put together the best parts of PS1 Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, but ended up falling short of a lot of things. Villains and story mostly sucked.

Jason Todd
30th Apr 2009, 21:37
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3055/2681439801_55fc1bbbf7.jpg?v=0
There ya go...

Spider-man is fun to watch when I'm interested in someone climbing a wall or swinging over a few yellow taxi's, but other than that... well, he's kind of a tool. I'll take Batman any second of any day.

Thanks, I put that on my want list but Im gonna wait til Battle for the Cowl 3 comes out and save on shipping, but do you guys know what this second one is about?

http://www.mycomicshop.com/res/unprocessed/fullsize/BD0AI001.JPG

Darkboy
30th Apr 2009, 21:39
Thanks, I put that on my want list but Im gonna wait til Battle for the Cowl 3 comes out and save on shipping, but do you guys know what this second one is about?

http://www.mycomicshop.com/res/unprocessed/fullsize/BD0AI001.JPG

All I know is that the villains in the second one were Kingpin and Ra's Al Ghul.

Jason Todd
30th Apr 2009, 21:41
All I know is that the villains in the second one were Kingpin and Ra's Al Ghul.

Hm...Thanks, don't know if I'll get that one, but it could be interesting

Darkboy
30th Apr 2009, 21:44
Hm...Thanks, don't know if I'll get that one, but it could be interesting

I heard it wasn't exactly stellar, but it was only one review I had heard somewhere a long time ago. I saw a few parts of it but didn't get to read enough to get a good impression, the writing and art seemed alright to me.

Batguy
30th Apr 2009, 22:27
I love both characters but I have to give a slight edge to Batman.