PDA

View Full Version : Do you think DX3 will explain the Grays?

PugPug
30th Apr 2009, 02:10
Maybe I missed something in 1 & 2, but they always struck me as an afterthought. As though the team had said, "Hey, we have a game about a government conspiracy. We should put some aliens in there somewhere."

In 1 they are caged at Versalife and MJ12, being used as test subjects for some unspecified reason.

In 2 there's one caged at Mako Ballistics for some reason. Then at the Black Gate labs. Then, in Antarctica, you meet a friendly one that gets along well with the Dentons.

Are they all clones from the Roswell crash, just kept around for some nefarious purpose?

Do you think it's possible the Grays had something to do with engineering the "Gray Death?" That the experiments on them were to manufacture an alien virus?

jamhaw
30th Apr 2009, 02:34
Invisible War seems to indicate that they were just an experiment to serve in some sort of post WWIII world. I think that this could however be easily retconned into something more interesting without much work.

Unstoppable
30th Apr 2009, 02:45
Invisible War already explained it. They were shock troopers for the military I believe. Soldiers put into testing so they could take the radiation etc.

K^2
30th Apr 2009, 03:02
Anybody else noticed that IW grays not only look, but also talk a lot like Asgard from SG-1?

hem dazon 90
30th Apr 2009, 03:39
i hope they are alien clones.

SemiAnonymous
30th Apr 2009, 03:51
Theres an article running around that uses in game evidence to effectively prove the Grays are transgenics like the Greasels and Karkains, and the MJ12 used them to fuel alien rumors to just serve as a distraction. Not sure where it is, but it was a great read.

ZylonBane
30th Apr 2009, 03:54
Anybody else noticed that IW grays not only look, but also talk a lot like Asgard from SG-1?
Please. for the love of god, tell us you're being sarcastic.

jamhaw
30th Apr 2009, 04:12
Theres an article running around that uses in game evidence to effectively prove the Grays are transgenics like the Greasels and Karkains, and the MJ12 used them to fuel alien rumors to just serve as a distraction. Not sure where it is, but it was a great read.

That's just what they want you to think. ;)

GmanPro
30th Apr 2009, 04:14
^^ Or maybe
That's just what they want you to think. ^^ that's just what they want you to think

3nails4you
30th Apr 2009, 05:29
Or maybe they don't want us to think at all to completely eliminate free will?

Snake04
30th Apr 2009, 09:19
I am still playing dx1 so i cant say

Jerion
30th Apr 2009, 11:54
^^ Or maybe ^^ that's just what they want you to think

Nice. :D

Interesting note, but I doubt there is a crossover between the two universes.

lumpi
30th Apr 2009, 12:34
Actually, they were already explained in DX1. Maybe they kept it more open in DX1 whether they are really alien or based on genetic experimentation with alien DNA... or not.

I do recall, though, DX1 being advertised as a game about all the conspiracy theories of the world being true, except aliens.

Of course, DX:IW ruined the mystery and made it 100% clear that the grays are the result of very terrestrial genetic experimentation.

Decard
30th Apr 2009, 17:30
grays in dx were clones based on dna recovered from roswell crash site. check one of the terminals somewhere in level 3 in area 51.

Abram730
9th May 2009, 03:15
Are they all clones from the Roswell crash, just kept around for some nefarious purpose?

Do you think it's possible the Grays had something to do with engineering the "Gray Death?" That the experiments on them were to manufacture an alien virus?

The crash at Roswell was part of project MOGUL.

There was also the OXCART program at area 51.

This is a UFO taking off and you can even see the alien in his space suit /s
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20d95_sr71-blackbird_politics

declassified documents.
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB74/

The Dues Ex references seemed to connect to the idea of faking an alien invasion.
Problem, reaction, solution.
Kind of like little green Al Qaeda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1522AKG9A
that the alien story is manufactured. Think The War of the Worlds broadcast except it's on the news with full cgi and there are real attacks with bio-engineered greys.

The CT is that the war of the worlds broadcast was an experiment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXfNLPIneBE

The Grey Death in Deus Ex

was a "politically useful tool", a custom virus and not an alien virus.

Tong: I'm talking about the molecule's shape: 17 segments, 23 coupling
points... Only Illuminati technicians use sleeve bearings with 34-fold and 46-
fold symmetry; multiples of 17 and 23. 1723.

Gray death was like HIV and Ambrosia was like the triple cocktail of protease inhibitors. If you are wealthy then you don't have to worry about HIV. Magic Johnson doesn't even test positive. If you can't afford thousands a month to live, you die. It's eugenics based on economics. With HIV rates threatening to wipe out all of Africa, special discounts on drugs are being offered and a vaccine is being rolled out only for African HIV. What strings are there? What mineral rights and trade deals? Do you understand politically useful tool yet? Even if HIV wasn't man made or a result of making vaccines from monkeys, It's still a political tool.

Imagine if an HIV or human/bird/swine flu hybrid distributed in vaccines. That a pandemic was given to everybody in America or say Mexico and politicians were told "your ether with us or against us". If your with us we will give you a medication to stay alive in exchange for your votes. That's a politically useful tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XDxbJvfyM

PNAC called for Race-Specific Biological Weapons.
"advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool"

Do you get it?

WhatsHisFace
10th May 2009, 01:48
Grays don't exist in the time Deus Ex 3 takes place in.

khris
10th May 2009, 02:42
If DX 3 is based on actual days modern conspiracy theories, they should exist.

jamhaw
10th May 2009, 04:24
Grays don't exist in the time Deus Ex 3 takes place in.

Well they could be in the planning stage with Page first circulating the idea to Lucius DeBeers. Although they could be inspired by actual aliens (could be why Page want's to develop them so much).

gamer0004
10th May 2009, 16:59
Really the last think DX3 should do is to incorporate everything that DX featured. Just because grays existed in DX, it doesn't mean they exist in 2027. It would also feel weird to encounter everything of DX 25 years earlier. Like the whole world hadn't stopped since then.

jamhaw
11th May 2009, 01:44
Really the last think DX3 should do is to incorporate everything that DX featured. Just because grays existed in DX, it doesn't mean they exist in 2027. It would also feel weird to encounter everything of DX 25 years earlier. Like the whole world hadn't stopped since then.

But is not the point of a prequel to show what things were like at an earlier date than the original work?

WhatsHisFace
11th May 2009, 02:10
But is not the point of a prequel to show what things were like at an earlier date than the original work?
It's showing what the interesting parts of the Deus Ex world were like, I hope. Or at least those interesting parts through the eyes of AJ.

If you would rather have a game about JC Denton, UNATCO and Daedalus not existing... excellent.

Maybe see Gunther Hermann trying to learn long division?

Jerion
11th May 2009, 04:57

Well said.

Yes. In this case 25 years earlier. Think of all the advancements and changes that happened in the last 25 years. Yes, there are many things that existed then that exist in some similar form today, but at the same time there are entire fields, technologies, and industries that were barely even conceived of back then. I agree that yes, some things need to carry forwards. But we're talking a span of a quarter century. A lot is going to change between 2027 and 2052, and some things found in 2052 are guaranteed to show up in between.

Chemix
11th May 2009, 13:51
Grays are explained in Deus Ex in the chamber where you find your body, or a clone of your body; there is a data disk that talks about how the grays were created and why. They are artificial bovine mutations (they are genetically modified cows) designed to distract conspiracy theorists away from project dreamland/ the aquinas hub, maintaining it's secrecy until it can be announced with good PR and reasonable bull**** to explain why it'll be used, minus the facts ofcourse.

Blade_hunter
11th May 2009, 14:32

:lol:, this make me laugh, because before they were simple creatures and after they became more alien than what they was or seemed to be in the first Deus Ex, genetically modified creatures.

I don't know if I got wrong or true, but I think DX IW modified what the grays were or what they are supposed to be ...

See the grays I will say perhaps, but I think we should see the first mutations and works about those creatures, like the greasels.

see the same creatures I don't think that is really good, but see the earlier forms, or other creatures.
I think the creatures are a complete part of Deus Ex universe, but I think we could have earlier mutations of the DX creatures ...

Irate_Iguana
11th May 2009, 18:31
I think the creatures are a complete part of Deus Ex universe, but I think we could have earlier mutations of the DX creatures ...

The transgenics are linked to VersaLife and Bob Page. If they are to be in the game it should be with the same company, or as a secret project worked on by the Illuminati. It is too early in the timeline of DX to give the transgenics any real role.

Abram730
13th May 2009, 07:01
Grays are explained in Deus Ex in the chamber where you find your body, or a clone of your body; there is a data disk that talks about how the grays were created and why. They are artificial bovine mutations (they are genetically modified cows) designed to distract conspiracy theorists away from project dreamland/ the aquinas hub, maintaining it's secrecy until it can be announced with good PR and reasonable bull**** to explain why it'll be used, minus the facts ofcourse.

Speaking of the aquinas hub
http://news.softpedia.com/news/IBM-Plans-Mammoth-67-Million-Core-Computer-78114.shtml

The Information Awareness Office (IAO) was established by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in January 2002 by Admiral John Poindexter who was convicted in April 1990 of multiple felonies as a result of his actions in the Iran-Contra scandal. Before IAO he worked for SYNTEK Technologies developer of project Genoa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IAO-logo.png

Total Information Awareness(TIA program)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Total_Information_Awareness_--_system_diagram.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Awareness_Office

It's not wiretapping.. It's TIA
whistle blowers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IpwjeSUhc
http://vodpod.com/watch/1302950-the-raw-story-whistleblower-nsa-spied-on-everyone-targeted-journalists