PDA

View Full Version : Thief Dark Shadows Freezing **Please Help**

Thiefdude1040
29th Apr 2009, 00:24
Game plays fine thruogh the first training level then when I get to the end of the training level the game freezes and I have to hold the reset botton on my box. I also saved some games in the training level and if I go and try to load the games i saved the game freezes.:mad2:

I had the TDS demo on my PC before I bought the full version and it DID NOT freeze at the end of the training level so I don't know why the full version does??

I have downloaded the v1.1 patch and it does not help (does the same things)

** PLEASE HELP** VERY FRUSTRATING:mad2:

Sys. Specs below

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3582MB RAM (4 Gigbytes)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Thank you

GmanPro
29th Apr 2009, 01:31
Well, I guess try reinstalling. Could be a corrupted file somewhere

Thiefdude1040
29th Apr 2009, 10:06
I uninstalled and re-installed the game (Everything normal no error messages) and the game continues with what it's doing.

Any ideas??

Thank you

GmanPro
29th Apr 2009, 17:07
My best guess is that the disk is messed up. I was going to suggest maybe searching around for like a dual core optimizer or something, but it doesn't make sense because you were able to play the training mission without problems ... I don't suppose you have an older pc set up somewhere that you can test it on? I don't want to suggest buying another copy if its the computer thats causing the issues.

Thiefdude1040
30th Apr 2009, 12:18
Okay I finally got it to work here is what you do if anyone else has this problem

Uninstall the game and search for thief on you PC and delete everything including the saved games. then perform the following...

Thief: Deadly Shadows - While trying to install Thief: Deadly Shadows, the installer either freezes or brings up a "Wrong Volume" error.

Solution
First open My Computer> C:> Program Files> and delete the Thief: Deadly Shadows folder. Then you need to set your computer to allow you to view Hidden files and folders. Click on Tools near the top of the window, and click on Folder Options. Click on the View tab, and look for the "Hidden Files and Folders" and set it to "Show Hidden Files and Folders". Then click on apply and OK. Look through the Program Files folder for a hidden (transparent) folder called "Installshield Installation Information". Open it, and find the folder called {FC123EEA-330A-4685-911C-95B8F5E9DE68}. Delete this folder once you locate it. Then empty your Windows recycle bin, and restart your computer.
Once Windows is back up and running, go to your Windows desktop and create 2 new folders named "Thief Disk 2" and "Thief Disk 3". Then place Thief: Deadly Shadows disk 2 in your cd-rom drive. Open My Computer, and right-click your cd-rom drive, left-click OPEN. Right-click on the DATA3.cab file and left-click copy. Then right-click on the "Thief disk 2" folder you created, and left-click PASTE. This will copy disk 2 to that folder. Then repeat this process with disk 3. Make sure you copy the contents of disk 3 (data4.cab) to the "Thief disk 3" folder.
Once all files have been copied successfully, place Thief: DS disk 1 into your cd-rom drive. Start the installation as you normally would, and let it install disk 1. When it brings up the Window asking for disk 2, click on "Browse" and point the installer to the "Thief disk 2" folder. The installer should then continue on through to the end. It may or may not ask you to insert disk 3. If it does, simply point the installer to the "Thief disk 3" folder. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer, and try the game again.

It worked for me thanks for the help!

Hylle
17th Sep 2009, 19:00
I have exactly the same problem as above, my thief 3 freezes when i complete training level or load any savegame, and i have to reboot usually when it freezes.

I've tried the above solution, step by step, but it didnt work...

BrokenArts
18th Sep 2009, 03:21
Thief Dark Shadows ?:hmm::poke: