PDA

View Full Version : ***The Batman Appreciation Thread***

BatmanElite
28th Apr 2009, 20:17
http://www.geocities.com/thebatmancartoon/thebatface.jpg

I never hear anyone say anything good about "The Batman" So, I thought I'd make an appreciation thread.

I think this is one of the best Batman TV shows. Sure, it's not as good as TAS, but how many cartoon are? It may be a bit more childish than TAS also, but it's very entertaining, in my opinion.

The Batmn does a lot of stuff right (Music, Batman's voice is cool, the Batmobile looks great, The best looking/sounding Mr. Freeze, etc) and it does some stuff wrong (Joker, Riddler's Voice, Robin, etc).

But I think the good out-weighs the bad.

What do you guys think?

TheManWhoLaughs
28th Apr 2009, 20:19
Only problem I had was with Season 3 onwards...and the Joker's style (although he did make me chuckle). Part from that, it was good.

KillerCroc
28th Apr 2009, 20:22
I enjoyed this more than TAS. Joker was terrible, I loved the Riddler except for the costume. I like Killer Croc because he isn't portrayed as a moron as seen in TAS. They brought back Gearhead. Cluemaster was hilarious. I would've liked to have seen Hush in there. How was this more childish than TAS?.

BatmanElite
28th Apr 2009, 20:23
Only problem I had was with Season 3 onwards...and the Joker's style (although he did make me chuckle). Part from that, it was good.

Yeah, the earlier episodes were better. I also loved the intro before they messed it up.

Chimaera
28th Apr 2009, 20:23
Not as serious.

BatmanElite
28th Apr 2009, 20:24
I enjoyed this more than TAS. Joker was terrible, I loved the Riddler except for the costume. I like Killer Croc because he isn't portrayed as a moron as seen in TAS. They brought back Gearhead. Cluemaster was hilarious. I would've liked to have seen Hush in there. How was this more childish than TAS?.

Not sure. It just didn't feel as dark as TAS.

Another issue I have with The Batman is Bane.

KillerCroc
28th Apr 2009, 20:27
Not sure. It just didn't feel as dark as TAS.

Another issue I have with The Batman is Bane. I had a problem with that too, since when does he become the size of the Hulk? He wasn't that stupid, I like it in the Penguin episode where he recruits people to join a team Bane refuses. It shows he isn't that easy to buy. Yes I just said a nice thing about Bane, deal with it and don't bring it up...ever.

BatmanElite
28th Apr 2009, 20:33
I had a problem with that too, since when does he become the size of the Hulk? He wasn't that stupid, I like it in the Penguin episode where he recruits people to join a team Bane refuses. It shows he isn't that easy to buy. Yes I just said a nice thing about Bane, deal with it and don't bring it up...ever.

Lol, I love that episode. But The Batman's biggest problem was Joker. He was way too different.