PDA

View Full Version : the game is a bit childish? dont you think?

wargamer1579
28th Apr 2009, 16:22
i do like this game a lot but dont people think that it isa bit childish because it is a super hero game about batman? lol ok the game is great but really how old is everyone on these forums?

to tell u the truth

i am going to be 16 in june and i am getting this game for my birthday or i might just get fight night round 4 but i might buy fight night because it is a boxing game and it is not really childish! this game might be a 15 or 16 but people might laugh when i get this game for my birthday becuase there would be like 100 people looking at me with a batman game if you guys know what i mean??

Rade88
28th Apr 2009, 16:31
Dude you couldn't be more wrong. Have you even seen The Dark Knight? That's anything but childish. Just because something is a 'superhero' movie/game or based off of a comic book doesn't automatically make it childish. They can be one of the most dark, mature and violent mediums around. This is character from a world where someone paralyzed one of his sidekicks and brutally beat to death another. If people look at you with the game and say you're childish then it's because they're ignorant and only take things at face value, and it's then your job to show them how wrong they are.

And btw, I'm 21 years old and I hope to never stop loving this type of thing. Because if I do, I'll know then that I'm a sad and grumpy old man.

Chimaera
28th Apr 2009, 16:32
Sounds like some lacks a bit of self confidence...

VXR
28th Apr 2009, 16:32
if you honestly care what people think about something you care for, about or whatever.......

you may have some OTHER issues to worry and deal with , aside from a batman game

im a woman, and over 21.

xStarbuckx
28th Apr 2009, 16:39
Im 27 and get funny looks when I say Im into gaming.
There average gamers age now adays is 35 most people are ignorant to this medium.
Im lucky because the Mrs understands (now).
As someone said people who think Batman is childish should try reading Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth that just plays with your mind.

wargamer1579
28th Apr 2009, 16:45
you guys are right i should not think that the game is childish! thanks everyone"!!!!!

DarthHobbs
28th Apr 2009, 16:55
Hi Guys & Gals

I just saw this thread and I had to reply. I’m sorry wargamer1579 that you think the game looks childish but your mistaken my friend if you look and read about the game and the books/stories and look at the Batman Animated Series from the 90’s which I grew up with. And as Rade88 said look at The Dark Knight you’ll see this is going to be a dark game and a serious interpretation of the Batman Universe.

And about age I’m 25 years old and I’m a man and I’ll tell you my friend if you’re a gamer you’re a gamer no matter what age and that goes for all the media types fans of Batman and other heroes in the 1940’s still are to this day so that’s not an issue in my book.

I play a game that I like cause I like it I’m a Superhero fan and I buy the games with no fear of ridicule and if you have had that my friend I’m sorry for you but they are the one’s who are wrong games are fun no matter what they are and for what age they are for if you like them you play them so enjoy all and let the miserable people who make fun of us or others let them they are small and have no right to judge us so be happy and that includes you mate and if you want a older gamer add me if you want.:) :) :) :)

Ps. I got a cool and embarrassing story I just got Call of Duty 2 when it came out and I was getting used to the multiplayer because I never went on console multiplayer before and a 60+ year old guy kicked my butt on it and I was younger than him…………………………(Yes it was embarrassing but it was nice to see and play with an older person and I hope to see him again so I can return the favour if it's possible......):p :p :p :p

Pps. I’m looking forward to when I’m 80 years of age kicking my great nephews and nieces butts on Call of Duty 2500 or Rainbow Six Mars (lol).:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

k1ll1ng j0k3
28th Apr 2009, 17:01
I am 23, I love batman I love comics and I love videogames and I couldn't care less what other people think... dude just enjoy your life :scratch:

VXR
28th Apr 2009, 17:04
I can only speak for myself re: superhero's period , and ill make this brief.

when i first came to america from Iran, women were nothing but slaves, and property ( dont worry, i wont get political )

a first girlfreind gave me a wonder woman comic book subscription for i think my 12th birthday.... not only as a way to learn to read and understand english but to enjoy, the vast tales.

i was amazed, not only at the artwork but the power a woman could be, i could now learn to be something, learn to drive, go to school, work at a company, maybe own one someday, it was THAT 'silly comic book' that gave me true hope, and freedom.

regardless WHY you got into batman, or spiderman, or even wonder woman.... you ALL did it because you saw something in YOU, in them, or you saw something you COULD attain to be one day.

dont ever be embarressed of liking batman, or ANY superhero.... MORE people should be so lucky they can afford such luxuries as comic books, and even video games.

feel sorry for the ones who cannot, enjoy these great litterary characters & gifts.

regardless if you are 9, or 90...... batman will never give up on you, if you do not give up on him.

;)

MCREF
28th Apr 2009, 17:29
I watch a lot of cartoons from my glory days. Spiderman, X-Men, Superman, Batman, the list goes on even to some Nickolodeon stuff I'm not gonna mention (coughs "Hey Arnold"). I'm 20. I'd be a complete nerd if it weren't for my weight set out back. Now I'm just a slightly buff nerd who likes cartoons. Batman may not be my favorite superhero (Spiderman is), but he is definitely one of the darkest and iconic in the pack. The guy's creation was inspired by Zorro. I look at him now and think, "How the hell did they get that from Zorro?" Even campy Batman had a darker origin.

chip5541
28th Apr 2009, 17:42
Growing up in the early 70's I use to watch shows like Captain America, Batman and Spider-man. Now I am 43 and I still enjoy both comic books and cartoons. For me it is who I am. Why worry about what others think of you? When you do that then it becomes others who run your life.

Batmanhill6157
28th Apr 2009, 18:10
Proud Batman fan for 20 years, and thats not gonna change anytime soon. If you like something, dont let what other people think change your opinion on it.

imbatman08
28th Apr 2009, 18:16
im a 100% batman fan and im 19 :D :D

also

( I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME ) :nut: :nut: :nut:

Black sabbith102
28th Apr 2009, 18:36
I'm 18 and I've been into batman since I was little. I'm not ashamed or anything its just what I like. I'm not just a gamer though. I'm part owner of Fast Kill Studios and love to produce music, I love working on cars and of course I love to ply video games.

Erorrless
28th Apr 2009, 18:57
Of all heroes batman is the most un-childish! All his super villains have something dark in them. They all have a black motif behind their deeds. Hell batman is also driven by revenge! I'll be proud walking of the game store with the game!

oh and amen to

when i first came to america from Iran, women were nothing but slaves, and property ( dont worry, i wont get political )

a first girlfreind gave me a wonder woman comic book subscription for i think my 12th birthday.... not only as a way to learn to read and understand english but to enjoy, the vast tales.

i was amazed, not only at the artwork but the power a woman could be, i could now learn to be something, learn to drive, go to school, work at a company, maybe own one someday, it was THAT 'silly comic book' that gave me true hope, and freedom.

regardless WHY you got into batman, or spiderman, or even wonder woman.... you ALL did it because you saw something in YOU, in them, or you saw something you COULD attain to be one day.

dont ever be embarressed of liking batman, or ANY superhero.... MORE people should be so lucky they can afford such luxuries as comic books, and even video games.

feel sorry for the ones who cannot, enjoy these great litterary characters & gifts.

regardless if you are 9, or 90...... batman will never give up on you, if you do not give up on him.

;)
that!

TheManWhoLaughs
28th Apr 2009, 19:08
I'm 14, sure by your standards it's okay for me to get the game. But when you come from my school, you get judged for liking super-heroes, of course I don't really care.
Basically, don't care about what other people think, do what you want. But Batman is anything but childish

Zhim
28th Apr 2009, 19:23
if you honestly care what people think about something you care for, about or whatever.......

you may have some OTHER issues to worry and deal with , aside from a batman game

im a woman, and over 21.

Owned.

The_Clown_Prince_Of_Crime
28th Apr 2009, 19:51
In these days of Dark Knight & Watchmen,people have moved on from their shallow perceptions of how superheroes & the graphic medium in general are being perceived.How many girls who would have once laughed at you for being a geek are now sporting Heath Ledger Joker T-shirts???Or people in general for that matter,the graphic medium has gone global now,it's actually seen as cool by the people who once despised & derided it.I for one know how you are thinking as I'm a big fan of comics & collecting figures & stuff & my last partner hated it to the point that it came down to a sell it or your dumped situation.Stupidly I sold up all my treasured stuff and we split up anyway & I havent felt more stupid my entire life.These days,I'm much more comfortable,my room is strewn with graphic novels,I wear my batman t-shirts out to nightclubs,I finally had my Batman/Joker/Catwoman/Harley Quinn sleeve tattoo finished after 30 hours & to top it all off,I have a G/F who doesnt care what I'm into as long as I'm happy.you just gotta be abit more comfortable in your own skin dude,**** what everyone else thinks,I've just turned 25 & I'll be dead before I give up what I enjoy.Hope that helps

TheManWhoLaughs
28th Apr 2009, 20:00
In these days of Dark Knight & Watchmen,people have moved on from their shallow perceptions of how superheroes & the graphic medium in general are being perceived.How many girls who would have once laughed at you for being a geek are now sporting Heath Ledger Joker T-shirts???Or people in general for that matter,the graphic medium has gone global now,it's actually seen as cool by the people who once despised & derided it.I for one know how you are thinking as I'm a big fan of comics & collecting figures & stuff & my last partner hated it to the point that it came down to a sell it or your dumped situation.Stupidly I sold up all my treasured stuff and we split up anyway & I havent felt more stupid my entire life.These days,I'm much more comfortable,my room is strewn with graphic novels,I wear my batman t-shirts out to nightclubs,I finally had my Batman/Joker/Catwoman/Harley Quinn sleeve tattoo finished after 30 hours & to top it all off,I have a G/F who doesnt care what I'm into as long as I'm happy.you just gotta be abit more comfortable in your own skin dude,**** what everyone else thinks,I've just turned 25 & I'll be dead before I give up what I enjoy.Hope that helps

What he/she said

KillerCroc
28th Apr 2009, 20:00
I'm 31 and i've always liked Batman. And for the younger guys don't feel worried if she finds out, it's a simple hobby reading comic books. I have a wife that didn't mind that, in fact I was a huge Transformers fan and we used to stop by everywhere to pick them up, so what if I was a bit nerdish, and a little underattractive, she was popular and she fell in love with me, don't be embarrassed by liking Batman, I was 18 and I collected toys and she didn't care. She actually does like comic books, she doesn't read them, but when we see a movie or something she will ask me question about them and I answer them with my vast geek knowledge. I repeat do not be ashamed of liking Batman. And a tip to the young everybody had geek skeletons in their closets, your not abnormal if you like Superheroes or even Games Workshop. Also Batman has developed over the ages for a perfect balance between kid-friendly and adult enjoyability.

nmlew1964
28th Apr 2009, 20:06
Growing up in the early 70's I use to watch shows like Captain America, Batman and Spider-man. Now I am 43 and I still enjoy both comic books and cartoons. For me it is who I am. Why worry about what others think of you? When you do that then it becomes others who run your life.

I grew up in the 70's as well. And I watched the old Adam West live action Batman show along with the old Super Friends. I even watched the cheesy Shazam live action show. Really liked Linda Carter as Wonder Woman. Nothing as cool looking and playing as this game was out when I was 16. I've prepaid for the PC and cannot wait!

TheManWhoLaughs
28th Apr 2009, 20:07
Comics can also give you brief shining moments of popularity. Look at the Dark Knight, at my school I was practically the guy to go to for a question, hell I had a full fun-filled week sharing knowledge that has no actual use...but is still fun to know :D
And now that people know about my collections and have seen them, they accept me for it, and respect me for it.

Rade88
28th Apr 2009, 20:08
I read in some article recently that comic books and all 'geeky' stuff are the new 'cool' lol.

I just wanna add to my earlier post by saying that I've been a Batman fan since I could talk, as my very first word was 'Batman' :D

JediMasterJET
28th Apr 2009, 20:32
I'm 22 and I love batman, comics, video games and the good times will just keep coming.

TheManWhoLaughs
28th Apr 2009, 20:36
I read in some article recently that comic books and all 'geeky' stuff are the new 'cool' lol.

I just wanna add to my earlier post by saying that I've been a Batman fan since I could talk, as my very first word was 'Batman' :D

And to think, we were reading comics BEFORE it was cool...goddamn social leeches

stoobytoons
29th Apr 2009, 00:32
There's nothing childish about Batman. Nuff said.

Darkboy
29th Apr 2009, 00:33
I'm a Batman fan for life and not ashamed of saying it at all.

Anyone who thinks it's childish has no idea what Batman is about.

angleslam99
29th Apr 2009, 00:48

;)

This is quite possibly the best post I've seen on this forum.

DrCLos
29th Apr 2009, 01:02
I am 28 and have been gaming since about 7. Everyone I know, older or younger, is a gamer in one way or another. Even my mom and step-dad game on their DS or Mac with simple games. I have an uncle, in his 50s, plays J-RPGs all the time.
Childishness is really being afraid of doing something childish.

Here's an interesting quote that I use from time to time....

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.... When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

crazyish
29th Apr 2009, 01:20
i am 20 and i got made fun of for everything such as video games comics and owning action figures and i get where your coming from people can be cruel but eventually you get bigger shoulders and learn that what they think of you means so little in the long run if you truely love a charcter then what they say about you just further proves that you feel something on whole other level then they do and for that should you not only ignore the iggnorant people but you should be proud and in the end letting your freak flag fly is the best thing you can do and if they back talk just tell them to rent The Dark Knight and to shut their mouths. have fun with the game :)

batfan08
29th Apr 2009, 02:17
Hi,I'm a newbie here,(though I have been checking out the threads for quite some time)and I just felt that this was an awesome topic.I'm 13(gonna be 14 in about a month)and I've been a Bat-FAN since,well,birth.I was introduced to it at a young age,from Batman:TAS to my first comic books (most notably a Knightfall special edition with a foil Jean Paul Valley Bats on a flap over another cover with Bruce Wayne Bats)I'm a super-hero aficianado I've loved every waking minute of it.Don't be embarrassed by what you like,if you're afraid to show who you are,then who are you?...and in these times,what's there to be embarrassed of?when the public embraces these comic-books, when jokers become oscars,and watchmen are being watched.Better yet,spread the word,when you see that person bored out of there mind with a 500 page text book slip them a copy of watchmen.we may not know it but we've got the fountain of youth in our comic books,and movies,and video games,because we have FUN.