PDA

View Full Version : Batman: AA Demo!!

DarkCrusader67
28th Apr 2009, 03:05
Okay so i just spent the past 4 hours at my local gamestop playing the batman demo! It was quite the experience seeing how anxious I've been to get my hands on it.

Right when I started the game, I was blown away by the phenomenal job that they did with creating batman! The way his cape sits on the floor when he's standing and when it swiftly flutters during combat was simply beautiful. Speaking of beautiful... the thugs that you battle are definitely NOT! But in essence, they did an amazing job with making them look extremely scary and horrific. The attention to detail was incredible and the surrounding atmosphere sets the mood perfectly.

But besides how amazing the game looks, the gameplay was even better! Controlling the Dark Knight has never been so much fun! The demo throws you into the fray of battle and you quickly learn the simple controls. Even though they are simple controls that are easy to pick up within minutes, it's a combat system that will take many hours to truly master.

Bouncing back and forth between enemies is super cool and extremely satisfying. Punching the guy in front of you, then jumping over him to put yourself in the middle of all the badies, you put your boot to an ugly black thug's face while catching the enemy's foot behind you for a counter, then right after countering you chuck a batarang behind you at a thug who was aiming a gun at you, then you glide towards a scared henchman whose leg you pull into the air bringing him to the ground, then completely separating his knee from the rest of his body.

so ya... Batsy's a Bad *** Mutha F%#KER!!!

but anyways, if you haven't played this demo, you must!! If you're truly as anxious as I am about this game (which isn't possible btw...) you'll call up your local gamestop or walmart and see if they have it!

The true aspect of this game that I'm the most excited about tho is the stealth factor. Idk... hanging from a ceiling and swooping down to pick up a helpless thug sounds pretty exciting to me!

By the way... if anyone goes and plays the demo, take a picture of your high score and post it!!! Beat mine of 35000!!

Citizens For Batman!

King_kinky
28th Apr 2009, 08:05
you guys seriously underestimate how lucky you are! you all get to go to gamestop or wallmart and play a taster to your hearts content, but ive gotta wait here in sunny ol' england and wait for the game. why, why am i british and not american!! i might bug my family for the money to go on a one day holiday... that's how anxiouse i am!

woody1444
28th Apr 2009, 08:33
Tell me about it, I live here in Aus and their isn't any B: AA Demo here, buuuuuuut I do however have some information about a demo coming to the PlayStation Store for Download.

I'm a proud Australian:wave:

Here's the info I have on the B: AA Demo, I have written this in another thread thats why it might be a bit reading it right now but, enjoy.

I found a site saying that there is a demo coming out in may in 2 different batman symbols, heres the link

http://batmanarkhamasylum.blogspot.c...dition-di.html

The first symbol is made from words saying "coming in may"

then there is a normal batman symbol

then another symbol made of words saying "download the demo"

thebatman226
28th Apr 2009, 08:46
Tell me about it, I live here in Aus and their isn't any B: AA Demo here, buuuuuuut I do however have some information about a demo coming to the PlayStation Store for Download.

I'm a proud Australian:wave:

Here's the info I have on the B: AA Demo, I have written this in another thread thats why it might be a bit reading it right now but, enjoy.

I found a site saying that there is a demo coming out in may in 2 different batman symbols, heres the link

http://batmanarkhamasylum.blogspot.c...dition-di.html

The first symbol is made from words saying "coming in may"

then there is a normal batman symbol

then another symbol made of words saying "download the demo"

hmm, but can we trust that site? its not official or anything :scratch:

Red Robin
28th Apr 2009, 09:48
hmm, but can we trust that site? its not official or anything :scratch:

I don't care!! It's an excuse to get ridiculously excitied!! lol man I really wanna play that demo When is america gonna start caring for the non-american fan-bases :(

HystericFreak
28th Apr 2009, 10:45
Oooo very exciting, I look forward to having a gander at it. I walk past my local EB (Aussie here too, yo) every day but haven't seen the demo yet. Tears and sadness!

King_kinky
28th Apr 2009, 13:42
big up non US fans!! hang in there! cheers fo rthe info on the demo, hope it's done before may 25, my birthday yo and that would be the greatest present ever... aside fom the tickets to go see X-men Origins, the X-men Origins game, Terminator Salvation (game and film tickets) from my bro and my girlfriend giving me the money for the game anyway... awww yeah!!!!!!

woot for Aus!! woot for Britain!!:cool:

Hostile_85
28th Apr 2009, 16:47
Shouldn´t they releaae a demo soon in europe

Zombie-Gamer
28th Apr 2009, 21:36
you guys seriously underestimate how lucky you are! you all get to go to gamestop or wallmart and play a taster to your hearts content, but ive gotta wait here in sunny ol' england and wait for the game. why, why am i british and not american!! i might bug my family for the money to go on a one day holiday... that's how anxiouse i am!

Dude I feel your pain, sittin' here waiting for in to be released on psn. COME ON UK DEMO!!!!!!!

Snake Eyes-Joe Ninja
28th Apr 2009, 23:09
Here's hoping for some demos coming out soon!

DrBo42
28th Apr 2009, 23:12
We're not going to see a demo until mid May, stop torturing yourselves.

Red Robin
29th Apr 2009, 06:41

Ouch.......mood killer
But i can wait that long, until then we can just talk about it :)

El Joker
29th Apr 2009, 07:20
It has to be official bcuz if it wasnt then they would of taken it off of the site

I'll keep torturing myself till mid may, gotta waste some time:mad2:

PeaceTree
29th Apr 2009, 08:51
Im glad to see that this game isn't another button masher. after playing batman begins I was a bit worried, but now my hope are up again...

King_kinky
30th Apr 2009, 09:13

i will! i must!! i need something besides coming on here to stop the soul killing boredom i, and many other non-US fans must go through till the inevitable gloriouse day of release.

oh wait, X-men Origins tomorrow. never mind. lol

kadashi666
30th Apr 2009, 19:49

not to be an ***, but i think you guys in the UK get the actual game like a week or two before us across the pond. we may get a head start before you guys, but you get the prize first. I'm jealous of YOU guys actually. ;)

DarkCrusader67
30th Apr 2009, 20:10
not to be an ***, but i think you guys in the UK get the actual game like a week or two before us across the pond. we may get a head start before you guys, but you get the prize first. I'm jealous of YOU guys actually. ;)

is that confirmed? The damn brits get it before us?!?

imbatman08
30th Apr 2009, 20:17
is that confirmed? The damn brits get it before us?!?

no its not but all our sites say the 19th june GAME PLAY.COM and HMW says the 12th june