PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICAIL JOKER THREAD

xXJ0k3r_GIRLXx
26th Apr 2009, 16:34
Well hello there madmen! >=D Today you'll get to talk about the joker in anyway you want to!! :D It can be good or bad! Talk about the joker in the movies or comics or even the cartoons! So enjoy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-xXJ0k3r_GIRLXx

Ensanguined Walls
26th Apr 2009, 16:36
Better Joker laugh:

Heath Ledger or Mark Hamill?

imbatman08
26th Apr 2009, 16:39
Better Joker laugh:

Hamill

xXJ0k3r_GIRLXx
26th Apr 2009, 16:39
Better Joker laugh:

oh god! thats hard :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh both

MCREF
26th Apr 2009, 16:40
Hamill, but Ledger was downright way more psychotic.

Ensanguined Walls
26th Apr 2009, 16:41
Probably because TDK was PG-13 and the Animated Series was a children's show??

xXJ0k3r_GIRLXx
26th Apr 2009, 16:42

agree

batman18
26th Apr 2009, 16:43
Luke Skywalker Mark Hamill:lol:

xXJ0k3r_GIRLXx
26th Apr 2009, 16:43
Hamill, but Ledger was downright way more psychotic.

hmmm ur right

xXJ0k3r_GIRLXx
26th Apr 2009, 16:45
Luke Skywalker Mark Hamill:lol:

yes very funny XDDD

imbatman08
26th Apr 2009, 16:46
Has any1 read Batman Lovers And Madmen ? i bought it yesterday and its a rele dark look into how Joker was made it was freaking awesome read ! :thumb:

http://www.reviewbusters.net/images/book/batman_lovers_and_madmen.jpg

xXJ0k3r_GIRLXx
26th Apr 2009, 16:49
Has any1 read Batman Lovers And Madmen ? i bought it yesterday and its a rele dark look into how Joker was made it was freaking awesome read ! :thumb:

nope but looks really good

CaptainMcMulla
26th Apr 2009, 16:49
Better Joker laugh:

Hardest question so far in my life. They're both great laughs dont know who to choose.
It's a draw, stand down.

RonnyGreen
26th Apr 2009, 16:57
Official Joker thread?
Yeah, tried that already, didn't work.

Velderik
26th Apr 2009, 17:10
Hamill 100%

MCREF
26th Apr 2009, 17:17

Every character has an undertone. BTAS Joker was pretty evil when you look back at it. In fact, I'm surprised they even let him do half the things he did do on the series. Obviously, the peak of Joker's mean streak would have to be torturing and transforming Tim Drake into a mini Joker which in a way is a lot sicker than simply attempting to kill him (I say attempt because it turns out Tim came back in the comics). That kinda freaked me. From that direction it was clear Hamill's Joker could go in any direction. Hamill's Joker cared about money though something that Heath's couldn't care less about. It's one thing to carefully plan and execute a scheme for a pay off, but it's another thing entirely to do things just to do them.

Ensanguined Walls
26th Apr 2009, 17:23
The Joker was rather hypocritical in TDK. He's a man without a plan, and yet most of the things he did (having Harvey/Rachel kidnapped, targeting the ferries, pulling off the elaborate bank robbery) required lots of pre-planning and careful execution. He clearly had a basic plan, as his entire way of luring Batman was killing and working on behalf of the mob for the first half of the film.

MCREF
26th Apr 2009, 17:29
I think you just hit the nail on the head. He had basic plans. I don't think he planned the execution of them though.

Ensanguined Walls
26th Apr 2009, 17:34
I think you just hit the nail on the head. He had basic plans. I don't think he planned the execution of them though.

Who did? His cronies seemed rather idiotic. He was the one who seemingly did most of it.

MCREF
26th Apr 2009, 17:43
His goal was to create chaos. He took a plan (other people's plans btw) and turned it on them. I really can't tell if there was a clear cut plan in his own mind from the getgo, but I think a lot of it was improvisation (from the character perspective) when it came to the execution.

EDIT: Kinda gave me a Jack Sparrow impression.

Arkham Bat
26th Apr 2009, 18:12
Hamil

HA HA HA
26th Apr 2009, 19:14

Is it me, or the this Joker look like Ed from Ed, Edd,& Eddy?

stoobytoons
26th Apr 2009, 19:41
You know, I REALLY love Hamill's Joker portrayal. The laugh is just maniacal and sounds like a nice blend of Jack Nicholson and even Cesar Romaro. BUT I think the personality is just nailed with Ledger. The guy is all over the place. It's a constant disguise and you even hear it in his laugh! His voice is up and it's down. Mocking the establishment at every turn. So, I'm gonna have to ultimately go with Ledger's laugh and over-all presentation -- the guy was The Joker.

batman4747
26th Apr 2009, 20:06
I like the joker in the animated series because he look like the one in the comics in the film he was too different he didn’t have the grin and he wears make up and his hair was not really that green and he never really seemed very scary. Don’t get me wrong I like heath ledger RIP but it’s not the same.

wHyXxSoXxSeRiOuS
26th Apr 2009, 20:09
Heath Ledger's Laugh was amazingly perfected, its more psychotic and crazy, and that's how it should be, not fun and happy, but CRAZY!!

and look at him! he looks incredible.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/desir2456/DSC00013.jpg

I love him :D

Kai Rei
26th Apr 2009, 20:11
Heath Ledger was the greatest Joker, IMO. He just didn't care about money or anything and mocked society with every chance he had.

Ensanguined Walls
26th Apr 2009, 20:17
I still think Hamill is the best voice for the animated Joker, though.

Couldn't imagine Heath doing the voice in this game.

stoobytoons
26th Apr 2009, 21:10
I still think Hamill is the best voice for the animated Joker, though.

Couldn't imagine Heath doing the voice in this game.

I agree; this is a very different interpretation. The "animated" version is a bit more... flamboyant? Whereas Ledger's Joker flamboyance was a metaphor for the chaos he was meant to embody and dish out.

crazyish
26th Apr 2009, 22:48
i think over all Hamill (even if Ledger hadnt passed R.I.P.) is the better choice for the game because half of Ledgers performance was Physical even as he talked it was his mannerisms that sold his performance and i dont know how you could pull that off in a game. i love Hamill as the joker he has the perfect voice when i think of joker or read him in a comic book no matter how dark tha particular interpretation that is the voice i hear and that is hard to do. it is hard to play a character so well that it is the only interpretation that they think of.

vicsage
26th Apr 2009, 23:01
i think over all Hamill (even if Ledger hadnt passed R.I.P.) is the better choice for the game because half of Ledgers performance was Physical even as he talked it was his mannerisms that sold his performance and i dont know how you could pull that off in a game. i love Hamill as the joker he has the perfect voice when i think of joker or read him in a comic book no matter how dark tha particular interpretation that is the voice i hear and that is hard to do. it is hard to play a character so well that it is the only interpretation that they think of.

Quite right.