PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like Batman?

CaptainMcMulla
23rd Apr 2009, 06:45
Ok so i've been wondering i know we are all Batman fans but why?
why do you prefer the Batman over the other superheroes?

I like Batman because simply he's human & he has no superpowers. He uses his intelligence & latest gadgets to defeat his enemies.

angleslam99
23rd Apr 2009, 06:48
You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

When I was a kid I was into superheroes (and still am). But back then I grew up loving Batman and wanting to be a superhero. It's obvious that I wont be able to fly like Superman or have a magical ring like the Green Lantern. Batman was perfect because he is human, he is normal (in a sense). He is real. Him as well as the Watchmen (sans Manhattan) are "real" superheroes.

I think it's just the fact that he's human and anyone can take after him is the big selling point. Of course I can't speak for everyone, but that's the main reason why I love him. He also has the best rogue gallery of all comics.

Deus_Ex_Machina
23rd Apr 2009, 06:52
I like Batman because he uses fear as a weapon.

Although I don't like how Batman never kills, I respect that about him.

Ensanguined Walls
23rd Apr 2009, 07:02
Because of his humanity. When one of his enemies fall, the chances are that he's gonna attempt to save them. He's not a man with superhuman abilities. He's just an incredibly intelligent man whose emotional trauma led him to becoming what he stands as today. That element of humanity makes it easier for us to relate to him, because Batman is not beyond emotions or mistakes. He's no Superman.

I've always maintained that Batman's rogue gallery is one of the best out there.

Billyman
23rd Apr 2009, 07:17
I like Batman, cause he's the greatest comic book hero ever. No one can beat him. This fact is not contestable.

angleslam99
23rd Apr 2009, 07:22
He's no Superman.

I hope you aren't using this as an insult to Superman. The thing with Superman is the fact that yes, he is in a sense indestructible, but that is also his downfall. He loves Lois Lane, he loves humanity. He will live forever, but everyone else he grew up with and grew friendships and bonds with will eventually die leaving Superman to live on with grief. He has all the powers in the universe to take over the world but he doesn't. He wants to be human and live the life of a human man but knows he cant because he has a moral obligation to protect us from evil.

So in a sense, yes Superman is no Batman. But Batman is no Superman also.

stoobytoons
23rd Apr 2009, 07:53
Batman is my all time favorite character not because of any one simple reason, but the complexity and totality of many. He's a tortured soul, he struggles with integrity and the tight rope that he walks between good and evil, insanity and reality, violence and compassion. He's rich but humble. Cold but caring. Human -- but very much a symbol.

Batman epitomizes everything that I struggle to be as a human being and I can't help but think that Bruce Wayne would feel the same way. It's this deep, personal connection -- an almost kindred spirit, if you will -- that has reinforced my feeling toward the soul of the character and the very reason he is my Zeus, David, and Odysseus.

Billyman
23rd Apr 2009, 07:58
I hope you aren't using this as an insult to Superman. The thing with Superman is the fact that yes, he is in a sense indestructible, but that is also his downfall. He loves Lois Lane, he loves humanity. He will live forever, but everyone else he grew up with and grew friendships and bonds with will eventually die leaving Superman to live on with grief. He has all the powers in the universe to take over the world but he doesn't. He wants to be human and live the life of a human man but knows he cant because he has a moral obligation to protect us from evil.

On the flip side, if Batman had Superman's powers, he would rule the world. Not in a power mad way like General Zod, but he'd take fear to a whole new level. I don't think he'd want to establish himself as ruler, but if he had the power to force people to be good he would use it.

BatmanIsHero
23rd Apr 2009, 08:29
I personally, like Batman as my 1 number hero. Because he has many things which the other's I don't have in my opinion. He has the best technology, uses best tactice, thiking straight, develop best items for him or equipments, great tools to work with lol, and big house were he run's he secret operations. Since I was a kid. I only loved Batman. I have all his movies, the old once and his cartoon episodes. Beside the up-coming Batman game that it will make its first appeance on the new generation console and experience the new feeling of it.

StianSteele
23rd Apr 2009, 09:51
In addition to what has been mentioned here, I just thinks that his looks/costume is the most badass of all the superheroes. That is what first drew me to Batman as a kid, visually he just looked a lot cooler than the rest.

Erorrless
23rd Apr 2009, 10:01
OP u answered the question urself. Cuz he fits with every fan. He is just a human in tip-top condition.

Kai Rei
23rd Apr 2009, 10:26
I like the Batman because he strike's fear into his opponent's and is some-what known for his brutalality.

Spawn would wtfpwn Batman though. Spawn's my fav, lol.

Bomeric
23rd Apr 2009, 10:43
Batman hands down is my favorite super hero. As mentioned before he strikes fear into his enemies. He has no super powers, it is all based off of his gadgets when he fights crime. In addition he has been able to dodge darksied's omega beam in a justice league unlimited show before. That just goes to show how amazing he is!!!!!!:D

door noob
23rd Apr 2009, 11:13
Cause he's the most dangerouse man alive, and could take out a whole alien invasion if he wnated to.

DarthHobbs
23rd Apr 2009, 13:22
Before I start I must confess Superman is my hero I saw Superman The Movie when I was 5 years old. So please don’t hate me……:) :) :) :) And for me I like a load of hero’s Superman is number one and then it’s Batman, Iron Man, and Spider-Man sharing the second spot.

The reason I like Batman is more or less like all you said above with Batman he’s a human non-powered hero he uses his intelligence, and his money to make the gadgets and tools he needs and as trained his body to be the hero we know and he uses his own childhood fear to strike fear into his enemies.

But the major reason is the fact that he doesn’t kill I think this tells a lot about his psychology and why he does not to kill. After the trauma of his parent’s death he swore he never wanted to have that happen to another child or person/family and that also includes his enemies and their families and I think that’s one thing many people don’t see in the character and that’s sad…

Ps. No I’m not a psychologist but I like seeing depth of character and humanity and that’s also why I like all the above hero’s….

xStarbuckx
23rd Apr 2009, 16:20
For me its the fact that when the 89 film was released on video I was in the hospital having an op I was about 10 I think. I was scarred to death and couldn't sleep so I went on a stealth mission to the TV room and found a copy of Batman. Watched it everyday for nearly 2 weeks whilst I was in the hospital and it made the time seem to go much faster.

Velderik
23rd Apr 2009, 16:30
To be honest i'm not a 100% real batman fan, I also don't know a lot of it, I just looked at the cartoon version and the real movies when I was young. But since I heard this game was coming, I knew it was going to be one of the greatest games ever. So I just went to wikipedia and searched a lot of info about the characters, vilains, different batman series.

Really hated it that Batman becomes a vampire and almost kills everyone he knows, including Alfred, that really sucks......

Most of the batman comicbook series are okey, but I still prefer the old batman cartoon on TV :)
I also love the enemies in the batman series, they are unique, original and fun to watch (or read).
I also like it that he is just a man in a costume using cool gadgets and vehicles to solve crime, and not another boring superhero with superpowers, saving the world.

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Apr 2009, 16:36
We all love batman because he is human. Everything that he does as a superhero has cost him time, money and sacrifice. He is smart, strong and an expert martial artist. But Above allI love batman because he is as mad as his opponents, the difference is that he uses that madness for good, which I think that is very hard. I am sure he would love to let go and kill them all but he doesn’t because deep inside he is just that sad crazy kid that saw his parents die.

KainBenidorm
23rd Apr 2009, 17:11
Because he is a true superhero.

He uses his brain and phisical strength and his combat abilities to fight against crime!

Like i said A TRUE HERO!!!

arOnex20
23rd Apr 2009, 17:16
christian bale's batman vs. robert downey jr's iron man..who wins??

Arkham Bat
23rd Apr 2009, 18:22
He is good fighter and he gott good moves.

SammiiDoogles
23rd Apr 2009, 19:44
Because he's human.
Superman cant die, wheres the excitement in that?
you pretty much know he's gunna win, he's invincible, but theres always that risk of batman popping his clogs.

Also, i like how he can creep around silently and use peoples fear against them.

Ontop of that, i just love the gadgets, the cars, and the Villains do a big part to what batman is and what makes him so special.

Oh and the fact he's pretty much insane aswell adds another aspect i really like, its almost ironic, all the villains are insane, and to be honest, he is too.

TheManWhoLaughs
23rd Apr 2009, 19:46
He gave me someone to look up to. As well as entertain me throughout my life

KillerCroc
23rd Apr 2009, 19:55
One word, gadgets, Everything else is nice, but all of his gadgets are icing on the cake.

EliteF50
23rd Apr 2009, 20:44
I like that he doesn't have any super-powers (Although flying would've been a suitable power for him, in my opinion). I like that he uses his brains just as much as his muscles, and I love Gotham and all its crazy villains.

DarkCrusader67
23rd Apr 2009, 22:36
Sure the gadgets and handy-dandy equipment stuff is cool and all but the real reason I love him is because of his depth as not only Batman, but as Bruce Wayne as well. No other character has developed such a deep and intertwined psychological depth over the years.

But most of all, I love batman because of his un-flinching trait of discipline. I mean, c'mon... how much would you want to kill these people that are terrorizing Gotham!? It's the sacrifice and passion that Batman brings forth that makes him stand out among all the others.

:tongue2:

Rebreather#62
23rd Apr 2009, 22:54
I like Bruce because of his dedication and character. He's my favorite super hero and the best in my opinion, but at the same time he is fallible. Any given thug can get a lucky shot in on him, he's been hurt before, but overcame his injuries. Whether as Bruce, Batman, Matches Malone, or any other disguise he is always trying to find a way to get an edge up on his fight against crime. His fierce determination and drive is why I like Bruce, he's not a character whose choice I always agree with, but you can always respect him. Also he has the best sidekicks by far and the best villains, although I am partial to my Spidey and X-men villains.

DarkCrusader67
23rd Apr 2009, 23:13
I like Bruce because of his dedication and character. He's my favorite super hero and the best in my opinion, but at the same time he is fallible. Any given thug can get a lucky shot in on him, he's been hurt before, but overcame his injuries. Whether as Bruce, Batman, Matches Malone, or any other disguise he is always trying to find a way to get an edge up on his fight against crime. His fierce determination and drive is why I like Bruce, he's not a character whose choice I always agree with, but you can always respect him. Also he has the best sidekicks by far and the best villains, although I am partial to my Spidey and X-men villains.

Ya, I love how you described how he's vulnerable. It makes him relateable to most I think

Ensanguined Walls
24th Apr 2009, 02:58

I love Superman too, but Batman loves life as well. He has family, Alfred, all of his dearest companions...and yet two bullets and one fighting error could end all of that. It highlights his weaknesses so much more.

DarkCrusader67
24th Apr 2009, 03:25
I love Superman too, but Batman loves life as well. He has family, Alfred, all of his dearest companions...and yet two bullets and one fighting error could end all of that. It highlights his weaknesses so much more.

And it's not necessarily batman's strengths which make him great, it's his weaknesses!

Darkboy
25th Apr 2009, 14:38
The fact that Batman is completely mortal like you and me makes it so much more exciting when he fights crime, it heightens the drama because there's a chance that he might not make it or could even at least sustain a permanent injury. Batman is arguably the best superhero ever IMO. Not only is he just plain awesome and incredibly unique, but the guy is so easy to sympathize for. Something I don't believe I've seen enough but is easy to fathom is that he could be just as mentally unstable as the loony crooks he often fights. How could a man just punish himself for the death of his parents all his life by pushing himself to these limits? You would think that if it really had that much impact on him he'd want to be a police officer, but he wanted to be so much more, it was like an all-or-nothing attitude. He underwent the height of physical and mental strain to become what he is now, a trail of blood, sweat and tears, and it only got harder from there. He's an ordinary man working his butt off to save the rest of us, and even with his near perfection of human capabilities, for him, it's not enough. This is what makes Batman's story so depressing for me, and all the more engaging. He sacrifices all the happiness he pretends to have as Bruce Wayne for a permanent atonement; all that money means nothing to him but an opportunity to save the next person, all those potential romantic partners are nothing but distractions he feels he doesn't deserve. You'd think a guy as built and rich as he is would become the next Hugh Heffner - instead, he's a modern Schindler. If I could shake any fictional character's hand, it would be his. We all know someday something is going to claim Batman's life, but when it does, at least there will be peace for him, because the responsibility of Gotham's safety will be his no longer.

tyrel18
25th Apr 2009, 15:29
I don't know about you guys but I grew up since i was 7 in grade 3 watching it >.> coming home after school. watching it on toonami and fox waiting for more episodes its just like a DBZ thing... that's why i like it.. now im 17 now :P:o