PDA

View Full Version : Check out GameTrailers for two NEW gameplay videos!

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 16:48
Two new gameplay videos were just added on GameTrailers, featuring the demo. The Roundhouse Kick demo made me feel disappointed. The ragdoll physics look terrible, but the combat looks very smooth.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 16:54
Also, I love how the cape flows behind Batman when he's walking normally.

Looks so intimidating.

Silent Knight
22nd Apr 2009, 16:56
Swarm Gameplay
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48333.html

Roundhouse Kick Gameplay
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48331.html

Bob Kane
22nd Apr 2009, 16:59
Swarm Gameplay
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48333.html

Roundhouse Kick Gameplay
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48331.html

OMG I love it :nut: :eek:

the fight system is amazing!!!!!!!

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 17:00
Thank you for the links.

The ragdoll physics look too jello-ey, though.

Silent Knight
22nd Apr 2009, 17:01
Thank you for the links.

Especially at the end of the roundhouse kick video. that one thug on the ground looks like jello with the way he's jiggling around on the ground.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 17:03
It would be fine if they didn't slow-mo it. Please, Eidos, don't make the thugs jello.

BatFan
22nd Apr 2009, 17:06
It IS the unreal engine 3, remember? Gears had that same jelly meat too. Not too much of a distraction when you see the chuck norris-eque roundhouse kicks though. IMO Batman > Chuck Norris' Roundhouse kicks.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 17:10
Yes, but they slow-mo the jiggling and use close-ups. Whoever thought releasing the Roundkick trailer was a good idea must have been still celebrating 420.

Velderik
22nd Apr 2009, 17:12
I like it, and I don't really mind if it's a bit yello-like. Graphic's look nice, gameplay looks good, so really don't care about it.

Velderik
22nd Apr 2009, 17:16
I love that those thugs really deal a good amount of damage against you, it really feels like your a normal man solving crime with gadgets, and not like you'r a superhero with super strength and high endurance.

kadashi666
22nd Apr 2009, 17:22
the jello bit bothers me too, not because the jello in and of itself is bad in a game but because there is already so much emphasis on how good this game looks and how well done the physics are that when one sees the jello it just stands out more. I just hope that edios does something to make it look more at home in the game (as opposed to just leaving it as it is now and hoping for the best).

to any of the game developers reading this thread, take heed! we care not for jello in our batman. :(

angleslam99
22nd Apr 2009, 17:29
Swarm gameplay looks like a lot of fun

And the jello like physics are just awful

ThtsWhtSheSd16
22nd Apr 2009, 17:33
In my opinion, little things like cape clipping and "Jell-o physics" aren't really much of an issue. Do they take something away from the overall look of the game? Sure, but I'm looking more for a great storyline, smooth controls, and a good camera.

Also, I figure that a) they're not done tweaking stuff like that because the game hasn't gone gold yet and b) things like that aren't going to stop me from getting the game anyway.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 17:34
The jello physics wouldn't be bad normally, but they use slow-mo and close ups to make them even more noticeable. It's rather embarrassing.

Stargate21
22nd Apr 2009, 17:48
Thanks, for the videos. I can not wait for this game to come out.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
22nd Apr 2009, 18:03
I like the rag doll. Its a but overdone in slow mo but it looks real, kinda like in ufc when a dude gets knocked out. The cape did clip some but most of the time it moves fast enought that you cant tell unless you look for it. I'm sure after reading all of our critisizm they will patch up the game. I think it should receive an 9 or 10

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 18:09
How in the world does it look real? They're wiggling around on the floor, and they look like they have no bones inside. It seems very plastic.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
22nd Apr 2009, 18:22
I dont think the have bones either cept for maybe arms and legs, but if you watch UFC "sometimes" they fall like that when they get knocked out. But i agree they did way to much Jell-o stuff. Maybe if they did the motion capture of people falling would have been better

Erorrless
22nd Apr 2009, 18:53
I love how u can dash around punch ppl, counter em, throw em!
feels a bit like Batman and Robin on the genesis where u culd throw great combos (atleast of what the console was capable back then :P )
only one problem i saw- fix the cape clipping!

wHyXxSoXxSeRiOuS
22nd Apr 2009, 19:12

I agree, they jiggle quite a bit.

Velderik
22nd Apr 2009, 19:13
Most of the guys here are whining about small stuff. As long as the game looks great, the gameplay is good, and the storyline is superb then you shouldn't complain about tiny things like jello, or a small bug in the cape. Don't forget that every game got his problems, in this case it's a small problem called 'jello', which doesn't ruin the gameplay or something like that.

People these days complain too much....
Okey this is some good feedback for the dev's but c'mon you don't need to repeat this problem a 1000 times.

Silent Knight
22nd Apr 2009, 19:17
I guess there's always room for Jello. :D

Velderik
22nd Apr 2009, 19:21
I guess there's always room for Jello. :D

Lol

RabidEasterBunny
22nd Apr 2009, 19:31
I now officialy love The Joker.

"Heyyy, Bats, go easy on em', hmm? For me? Oh hell, what do I care, DO YOUR WORST!" LOL

And the combat looks very fluid.

arOnex20
22nd Apr 2009, 19:44
sweet..now i don't need to post any more videos!! :D :thumb:

stoobytoons
22nd Apr 2009, 20:02
Looks pretty rad!

And while a few shots have some strange jiggle, for the most part I think the motion is pretty close. Look at ebaumsworld if you need to see plenty of people getting knocked unconscious. It's not far off. :lol:

Chimaera
22nd Apr 2009, 20:06
I'm very impressed with the counter animations, that was fantastic.

Cape clipping and jello physics will definitely drag this games score down though, I'm banking on that and a short story (I bet you money it will be an issue) will get this game an 8.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 20:09
They said the story mode will be roughly over 10 hours.

Seems very good to me, not short.

Chimaera
22nd Apr 2009, 20:12
Betcha it'll be an issue.

KillerCroc
22nd Apr 2009, 20:17
I was happy because it looked like I saw Zsasz. He wasn't in an orange jumpsuit. Whoever the guy with the knives was, he got shocked twice on the eletric fences. Is that Zsasz? Nice find btw.

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 20:17
Betcha it'll be an issue.

Doubtful.

PS3/PSPGamer7
22nd Apr 2009, 20:18
Way too Jelloey. I know when people get knocked out they go limp, but they don't lose their spine. The cape was good enough for me(it better be just as good in cutscenes) combat looks ok. I'll get it

QCypher
22nd Apr 2009, 21:41
Ummm....why arent those videos working?

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 21:42
Strangely, the videos are no longer on GT.

door noob
22nd Apr 2009, 21:51
Fear not the videos are available here:

roundhouse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtQFAQrp0t8

swarm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xstrd6hnNx8

KillerCroc
22nd Apr 2009, 21:52
Door noob, you are our messiah. And can somebody confirm the Zsasz?

Eminemdrdre00
22nd Apr 2009, 22:15
The cape still goes through Batman/enemies =\

your mom
22nd Apr 2009, 22:21
in the roundhuse kick vid. batman missed thier faces most of the time

Ensanguined Walls
22nd Apr 2009, 22:21
Does slight clipping bother you THAT much? I'm getting used to it.

thebatman226
22nd Apr 2009, 22:23
Does slight clipping bother you THAT much? I'm getting used to it.

i really dont like it :/

Rareless09
22nd Apr 2009, 22:37
This isn't the final build that's why the videos were pulled?:confused:

DarkCrusader67
22nd Apr 2009, 22:41
I wonder if all of those marks on Batman (like the bullet holes and cuts) are real time and accurate or if they're already there. They seem to be different in all of the videos. Either way, I love the attention to detail!

thebatman226
22nd Apr 2009, 22:43
I wonder if all of those marks on Batman (like the bullet holes and cuts) are real time and accurate or if they're already there. They seem to be different in all of the videos. Either way, I love the attention to detail!

i dont know bout how accurate it is, coz he always ends up with the same cut on his chest :scratch:

your mom
22nd Apr 2009, 22:50
I was happy because it looked like I saw Zsasz. He wasn't in an orange jumpsuit. Whoever the guy with the knives was, he got shocked twice on the eletric fences. Is that Zsasz? Nice find btw.

im pretty sure it is Zsasz coz the regular thugs have blue bolts above their head for the counter while the boss had red ones. the player purposefully KOd the other thugs first to save the best for last.

the jiggling people looked like they were humping the ground :lmao:

The Jedi Guardian
22nd Apr 2009, 23:05
I think they took them down guys, the links lead to a page that says the server isn't working, aww. Is there another place.

Mckflicus
23rd Apr 2009, 01:29
It is Zsasz. I played the demo and I too saved him for last. When I delivered the knockout blow in the close up I saw the many scars all over his body marking all of his killings. They were clearly visible. BTW the demo is far better when you play it yourself. Sure it's nice to see videos of it but to truly appreciate it as well as really get pumped for the game, you need to find the demo and play it! These videos didn't really do it justice.

Batguy
23rd Apr 2009, 02:09
Pretty impressive. The gameplay seems smooth. There are some technical issues here and there but I don't see anything that can't be addressed before the game is shipped.

the scarecrow
23rd Apr 2009, 02:49
It is Zsasz. I played the demo and I too saved him for last. When I delivered the knockout blow in the close up I saw the many scars all over his body marking all of his killings. They were clearly visible. BTW the demo is far better when you play it yourself. Sure it's nice to see videos of it but to truly appreciate it as well as really get pumped for the game, you need to find the demo and play it! These videos didn't really do it justice. i agree it is so awsome go play it cause i have and if you havent :rasp: jk

Ensanguined Walls
23rd Apr 2009, 03:15
Yeah, they really need to amend some of those glitches...

Billyman
23rd Apr 2009, 03:43
O man I was playing this at Gamestop today....it was like having a small cut of sirloin steak....I want MORE!

VXR
23rd Apr 2009, 16:42
these posted elsewhere ?

the links dont work

Silent Knight
23rd Apr 2009, 16:58
these posted elsewhere ?

the links dont work

Yeah.

Roundhouse Kick Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhO0oOL9YCQ

Swarm Gameplay