PDA

View Full Version : New forum style

Peter_Smith
22nd Apr 2009, 01:02
I was greeted today with a new forum style or skin. Whoa! That new one is a little too gaudy for my old-fashioned taste. So I got the old style back by selecting the Options page from User CP. Down at the bottom is a select box that you can use to select "Eidos Forums Vbulletin 3 style". Whew. Thanks for the option, guys. :)

I feel the same about Windows XP, BTW. I always set a computer I am using to the Classic desktop, classic task bar, and classic start menu. I have yet to brave the horrors of Vista. ;)

Mr. Perfect
22nd Apr 2009, 01:12
Meh. It's ok I guess.

The only part that bugs me is these new post indicator icons. Both the "new posts" and "no new posts" icons look very similar now. I mean, how does http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/tombraider/statusicon/forum_new.gif look any different then http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/tombraider/statusicon/forum_old.gif ? It has one less note on the board? Alright, now I have to start counting tiny notes on a lilliputian cork board. :hmm: At least the Deus Ex icons haven't changed, it's easy to tell http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/BSM/statusicon/forum_new.gif apart from http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/BSM/statusicon/forum_old.gif thanks to the different color.

jtr7
22nd Apr 2009, 02:19
I was greeted today with a new forum style or skin. Whoa! That new one is a little too gaudy for my old-fashioned taste. So I got the old style back by selecting the Options page from User CP. Down at the bottom is a select box that you can use to select "Eidos Forums Vbulletin 3 style". Whew. Thanks for the option, guys. :)

I feel the same about Windows XP, BTW. I always set a computer I am using to the Classic desktop, classic task bar, and classic start menu. I have yet to brave the horrors of Vista. ;)

Me too on all counts!:thumb:

Nightwalker
22nd Apr 2009, 12:29
Thanks, Peter! That looks MUCH better. I must admit that I always set everything to "Classic" on my computer too.

BrokenArts
22nd Apr 2009, 13:29
We play a classic game, so too a classic forum style.

GmanPro
22nd Apr 2009, 18:48
Lawl, you guys are weird. I'm using the new forum skin. It looks kewl...

BrokenArts
23rd Apr 2009, 19:35
Whats so weird about that? You have your taste we have ours. :tongue2: I like the dark tomb raider style. Too bad it is for tomb raider, and not Thief. Wouldn't the dark colors be more appropriate for Thief instead, yes, I think so.

Classic it is, I don't want tomb raider on top every time I log in.

Mr. Perfect
23rd Apr 2009, 21:18
It's probably a function of age, Gman. You know how some people are with change and new fangled things and all that. :whistle: :D

jtr7
23rd Apr 2009, 22:28
Necessary vs. Unnecessary. The content vs. the bored.

:rasp:

GmanPro
24th Apr 2009, 18:12
You make it seem like the new skin is somehow less efficient or something ... :confused:

Shadow Creepr
24th Apr 2009, 19:40
Thanks for the info Peter. I changed mine back to Vb3 also. I just think it looks better.

jtr7
24th Apr 2009, 21:03
You make it seem like the new skin is somehow less efficient or something ... :confused:

I really have no idea how you took that from my precise words?:scratch:

The change was unnecessary for those who are content with how it was before.

GmanPro
24th Apr 2009, 22:24
So what do you guys think of this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=87986) announcement? You gonna use the new features?

jtr7
24th Apr 2009, 22:53
I don't expect to use the profile goodies here like I do at TTLG, since my social circle is more-established there. If my time here increases enough, I'll probably use the same features here I like there.

I like the idea of a single log-in for multiple Eidos sites, and don't consider it unnecessary or an off-putting change, as that is truly efficient from a productivity stand-point, and a friendly gesture, as well as allowing Eidos to increase their product promotion and discussion. Everybody wins, I think.

I like the blue over the orange, and the reduction in white of the classic forum look. I wouldn't mind a minimalist (is that what you meant by "efficient?") look if the apparent brightness of the yellow-orange on a lot more white were cooled down. I hope you can see what I'm getting at.:)

Someday, forum software will allow us to mix our own RGB colours to suit our tastes and needs.

Between the fluorescent or bright sunny lighting in conjunction with my laptop screen, if I feel any eye-strain coming on, I won't put up with it. I'm doing quite a lot of work on it, and really can't afford the (literal) headache.

Gillie
27th Apr 2009, 15:52
I do quite like the different blue,though it was a bit bright at first.
Pity it was not as @ BA said, dark like the Tomb raider forums for here. It would look so good. I love that style too. It would be so appropriate.

Maybe for Thief 4 :rasp: :rolleyes:

GmanPro
27th Apr 2009, 16:56
We'll probably get a sweet new forum skin for the T4 forums ... with like, bricks and torches n stuff :D

BrokenArts
27th Apr 2009, 17:31
That would be awesome, a thief skin, I hope they would consider that!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th May 2009, 19:35
We'll probably get a sweet new forum skin for the T4 forums ... with like, bricks and torches n stuff :D

that would be nice... though I'd personally opt for stone and lots of sinuous vine. :cool:

Necros
8th May 2009, 08:55
I like both ideas. :cool: One more vote for some kind of Thief skin. :thumb:

Oh, and I'm using the old forum style too. :)