PDA

View Full Version : Another LoK 6 chance slipping away....

Linikratyo
20th Apr 2009, 18:00
Today I was looking around youtube and I stumbled on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lql8TrEE_zA&feature=dir

They say here that Eidos Montreal might be working on a Thief 4.... another chance for LoK blasted...

TheWatcher
20th Apr 2009, 20:58
Yep, anything but LoK. Eidos would make another Timesplitters before they make LoK6. The Dark Prophecy was canceled folks, get used to it.

JanosAudron
21st Apr 2009, 02:24
Although I agree that the next game might be on the back burner dont write it off just because we hear nothing. IF Squenix (or have they yet?) gets it the best news to hear is no news at all. The FF series have always been hush hush.

aussie500
21st Apr 2009, 08:53

They say here that Eidos Montreal might be working on a Thief 4.... another chance for LoK blasted...

How is that a chance for LoK blasted, we knew it was an old franchise that started with T, so it was never going to be a LOK game, might not yet even be Thief 4, although chances are good. Third one is apparently new IP so we might as well give up looking at Eidos Montreal. IO is busy with 3 games already, and no doubt that Mini Ninja's game is going to get a sequel quick as they can make one. Best chance is Square Enix opens the purse strings a bit and lets Crystal Dynamics increase its staff and develop 3 games at once, and not tie them down with only being able to work on Tomb Raider. But then they have had other games cancelled since Dark Prophecy and might want to do something else before another LoK game. Too much Tomb Raider is not always a good thing, would not want Crystal Dynamics getting sick of Lara. 3 teams, only 1 working on Tomb Raider would be better, I can wait 3 years between Tomb Raider games, l could even wait longer.

L_Master562
21st Apr 2009, 16:18
Just a note here, Eidos only published Timesplitters. Free Radical, developers of timesplitters and haze went belly up recently to boot. I was looking forward to TS 4. They hit hard times when they lost Star Wars Battlefront 3 development to the guys who did Renegade Squadron.

Really, with all the interest from the execs over time and fans, its was likely only a matter of time for a new LoK. I do think Squeenix does help the chances of larger game development expansion, because I would doubt they would wish to see any IPs go by the wayside due to the fact games are money. They would want to be firing on all cylinders.

aussie500
22nd Apr 2009, 04:35
Well that still leaves an outside chance it is a Thunderstrike or Terracide game, Thief 4 would be the better choice you would think. What ever happened to total Overdose 2, was that an Eidos owned IP?

TheWatcher
23rd Apr 2009, 19:04
Just a note here, Eidos only published Timesplitters. Free Radical, developers of timesplitters and haze went belly up recently to boot. I was looking forward to TS 4.I wasn't really picking on Timesplitters. Sorry if I gave that impression. I just picked the most obscure Eidos-published game I could think of to contrast with the chances of another LoK game.

VipericVampire
25th Apr 2009, 20:19

Eidos MTL never worked on an LoK game. It was the one in California, Crystal Dynamics. We shouldn't rely on Eidos MTL, they're focused on doing games that are not related to LoK...

On the other hand, it would be nice to hear that they would do it. I could offer some help, seeing that I live near...

Dr Kain
28th Apr 2009, 05:03
I think now that Square owns Eidos, we'll never see a new LoK game.

aussie500
29th Apr 2009, 02:13
I think now that Square owns Eidos, we'll never see a new LoK game.

Actually l thought the chances were looking good, Eidos now has the money, Square Enix want to exploit as many of the Eidos franchises as they can with both games and merchandising. Legacy of Kain fans are still around asking for the next game and although the sales figures were not brilliant they were still worthwhile. A nice next gen Legacy of Kain game would be worth trying, the only question is who would do it and when. l would like Crystal Dynamics to do it, but is Eidos going to release them from concentrating on Tomb Raider only. Its a big building they used to have more staff, why not build them up again to concentrate on 2 franchises as well as develop new IP.

The DarkOne
5th May 2009, 18:06
Eidos is reviving every single franchise they own; Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex, and Thief but never LoK

Valaquen_
5th May 2009, 18:33
All I can say is, "We'll see..."