PDA

View Full Version : Developers Listen Up, important suggestions to make your game amazing :)

teffmyster
20th Apr 2009, 14:14
I am really excited about Just Cause 2 and i just want to give a few suggestions, being a gamer and all.

First i would really like to say. Push the release date as far as possible: add things to the game, fix bugs, work on it longer, polish it up so its perfect this time around.

Second I would strongly recommend making Just Cause 2 DirectX 10 enabled.

I would also recommend making Just Cause 2 Nvidia Physx Enabled (make physics look amazing!), I know this is harder but its more rewarding and will attract more gaming enthusiasts :)

Last but not least, please make Just Cause 2 almost 99% open world, let the player make the story, and please try to learn from the HUGE mistakes Ubisoft made with Far Cry 2.

Regards
Teff

PoorBison
21st Apr 2009, 02:07
They know what they are doing, don't worry! It'll still be a great game. Even if these features aren't included. Avalanche are confident that they can deliver everything they have promised, and they might even have these features anyway!

The game is on Xbox 360 and PS3 also, though. Thats two consoles and 1 PC, they will be putting the most work into the console version most likely. And neither of them support DirectX 10.

And I doubt Eidos Interactive would take it to kindly if Avalanche tell them "Oh someone on your forums told us to delay the game to make it better. Take it up with them!"

I wouldn't worry about Far Cry 2... this game will be a massively improved version of Just Cause 1, and nothing like Far Cry 2. That was a really sorry excuse for a game and it proved my philosophy that 1st person free roamers can never work.

teffmyster
21st Apr 2009, 02:43
Hopefully, i just really think they should put direct X 10 in it....

PoorBison
21st Apr 2009, 03:44
Welcome to the forums by the way! :D

teffmyster
21st Apr 2009, 05:10
Thanks ;) I cant wait for Just Cause 2 but i have to make sure i dont hype myself up too much so that i dont think the games not good enough because it doesnt live up to my expectations. Hopefully it will though :D

PoorBison
21st Apr 2009, 09:05
Yeah, thats happened to me with almost every game I bought :)

I'm sure Just Cause 2 will be amazing though, this time round Avalanche really seem to know what they are doing.

cazzer
26th Apr 2009, 12:05
Yeah, thats happened to me with almost every game I bought :)

I'm sure Just Cause 2 will be amazing though, this time round Avalanche really seem to know what they are doing.
Your telling me, i was wondering if we would ever hear from them again after numero uno of just cause, seems like we are.:thumb:

teffmyster
28th Apr 2009, 07:08
I wish the devs read these forums.

lightspeed
29th Apr 2009, 02:20
I am really excited about Just Cause 2 and i just want to give a few suggestions, being a gamer and all.

First i would really like to say. Push the release date as far as possible: add things to the game, fix bugs, work on it longer, polish it up so its perfect this time around.

I've been waiting over a year for this game. I pre-ordered back in May 2008. Back then, the projected release date was September 21 2008.

Hurry up. I want it; you've had enough to polish it.

Last but not least, please make Just Cause 2 almost 99% open world, let the player make the story, and please try to learn from the HUGE mistakes Ubisoft made with Far Cry 2.

Far Cry 2 was awesome. Never got old. Not sure what you're talking about. You smoke?

teffmyster
29th Apr 2009, 07:11
No im not smokeing anything, far cry 2 was a repetetive dissapointment, with extremely stupid controls and AI.

PoorBison
29th Apr 2009, 08:31
I've been waiting over a year for this game. I pre-ordered back in May 2008. Back then, the projected release date was September 21 2008.

Far Cry 2 was awesome. Never got old. Not sure what you're talking about. You smoke?They don't really care how much you want it, they want to make a decent game. Not a game that is rushed for your benefit.

Not that it would matter to you... if you think Far Cry 2 is good you would probably love a highly rushed Just Cause 2...

chip5541
2nd May 2009, 01:43
I wish the devs read these forums.

You never know. They may not comment but I have seen the developers of other games reading their forums.

teffmyster
8th May 2009, 10:17
hopefully

cazzer
11th May 2009, 19:54
You never know. They may not comment but I have seen the developers of other games reading their forums.
I could expect them to read once in a while, it would only make sense if they did.

Strawberry_Shortcake
8th Jun 2009, 15:39
Hey, Bison, arent u on the Mercs 2 threads?- anyway this game will be way better than Mercs 2, I would like to see- and be confirmed- that there will be airplanes, other than that the game looks great!
Another one- I want to see some gameplay footage.

RavenSierra
8th Jun 2009, 19:06
Planes are confirmed - there's a brief bit in the E3 '09 trailer with a jet fighter.
Oh, and the only release date we have right now is some time in 2010.

Unrelated: I liked Far Cry 2. It may have been repetitive, and the pacing was terrible, but it was also quite immersive. And the mortar weapon was just fun.

Strawberry_Shortcake
8th Jun 2009, 20:31
thx, and 2010? I thought it was in August!

PoorBison
19th Jun 2009, 10:08
Ooh check out http://www.avalanchestudios.se... the Avalanche logo has changed! The big website update must be nearly here!

I've checked that site almost every day for a year now.

The Gunney
22nd Jun 2009, 11:02
I was on the Mercs2 forums the game was OK but did not live up to the hype and cannot even dream about touching Just Cause. EA really screwed things up. Just Cause 2 looks well polished at this point.
but more interiors are needed and the ability to call in FAR support is needed.

dark_angel_7
22nd Jun 2009, 11:20
Ooh check out http://www.avalanchestudios.se... the Avalanche logo has changed! The big website update must be nearly here!

I've checked that site almost every day for a year now.

Well spotted, I've been checking it from time to time too but nothing interesting has happened. Keir is there any word on a site launch date?

00rouchy00
27th Jul 2009, 14:05

Far Cry 2 was awesome. Never got old. Not sure what you're talking about. You smoke?
wot could possibley go wrong to make them delAY THE GAME OVER A YEAR i mean some games are delayed for a month at the most but not just cause oh no A ****IN YEAR i wish the devs would explain this!!!!

AND FAR CRY 2 was terrible boring empty pathetic:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::lol::lol::hmm::hmm: BUT CANT WAIT 4 JUST CAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

PoorBison
28th Jul 2009, 02:55
Can you stop using so many smileys, please? Its very annoying.

JC 2
23rd Jan 2010, 16:09
it's cruel to let people wait this long for a game......

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
23rd Jan 2010, 16:09
i just can't wait for this game

This is starting to be annoying. Stop or I'll bring back my somehow recently dead will of reporting baddies

HHDnBKing!
23rd Jan 2010, 17:17
i just can't wait for this game

Yes Wade we know because funnily enough we all are! We got the point on every other single pointless post on a dead thread you made :whistle:

DexterArcher
23rd Jan 2010, 17:39
I would go berzerk if they pushed the release date even further.

T.Mani
23rd Jan 2010, 18:16

Second I would strongly recommend making Just Cause 2 DirectX 10 enabled.

I would also recommend making Just Cause 2 Nvidia Physx Enabled (make physics look amazing!), I know this is harder but its more rewarding and will attract more gaming enthusiasts :)

Regards
Teff

What makes you think it isn't open world? Have you even got any info about the game before you made this thread?

The developers can't have as much time as they want. If the publisher want the game to be released in Marsh they HAVE to release it in Marsh

With this said... I don't think they have the time to add all that stuff you request before release. Sad/good but true.

dharma54
23rd Jan 2010, 21:15
it's cruel to let people wait this long for a game......

avalanche are sadistic.