PDA

View Full Version : Killer Croc Fan Thread

KillerCroc
20th Apr 2009, 01:36
Okay, you all saw my Zsasz fan thread, now I get to the big one. Killer Croc, the meanest and well, cannibalistic of all the Batman villains. So I will start this discussion off with questions, which with Zsasz some people decide to discuss certain ones and that is okay too. Also feel free to bring up other questions and discussions about the Croc, that applies to Zsasz on his thread too.

Game related:
1. How many of you think Croc is souped up on venom?
2. How many of you want him playable?
3. Which costumes and comic artist styles would you want as costumes?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/SYJqLB3ssGI/AAAAAAAAH1s/LGxsPSyAHrE/s400/Arkham+Asylum+Wallpaper+Killer+Croc.jpg

Comic related:
1. Who is your favorite writer/artist of Killer Croc?
2. What was your favorite comic with Croc in it?
3. How many of you think he could win in a brawl against Bane?
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5911/553003-croc10_large.gif

Movie related:
1. How many of you think the next Batman movie should have Croc as the villain?
2. How did you like the more ravenous side of him in Batman:Gotham Knight?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/thumb/4/40/KillerCrocBGK.jpg/250px-KillerCrocBGK.jpg

Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Croc

And I close it with a discussion about the game mostly and maybe how all of these could affect the game version of Croc.

Update: If any of you like Zsasz...http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=87847

Dragoneye
20th Apr 2009, 02:04
Before I start, I'd like to say good job on such a comprehensive thread.

I think it's very possible that he's souped up on venom. This is one of the cooler (and intimidating) depictions of of Croc and it would make sense that venom influences this (or it's just how whoever came up with the character design envisioned him).

The only comic depiction I've seen of him in recent years is from the graphic novel Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, so that's what I think of when Killer Croc is mentioned. Something similar to Batman and Croc's confrontation in the graphic novel is what I expect (hopefully) from the game. The fact that the game is also called Arkham Asylum probably strengthens the association in my mind.

KillerCroc
20th Apr 2009, 02:07
Thank you for that compliment on the thread. And the wheels are rolling. Any more posts to open discussions would be great, I have to get that book.

vicsage
20th Apr 2009, 02:33
Another good Croc appearance is in Batman: Hush (he appears in the first volume if I remember correctly and is more of a savage beast than ever).

Killer Croc is one of those Batman villains who hasn't gotten his full violent treatment in movies or cartoons (except Gotham Knight, in which he sadly makes only a brief appearance). He really is a barbaric monster who would tear Batman to shreds.

He's also one of the most underrated Batman enemies.

I would hope that his massive appearance in the game isn't because of Venom but that he's naturally a hulking beast. The boss fight with him will be amazing.

injurred_potato
20th Apr 2009, 05:59
Great thread Croc, anyway..............I have a strong feeling he's got some venom inside him in this, seems clear enough, imo. I don't think I'd want to play as him because it might get a little too repetitive, unless they made some way of actually making it interesting. To answer the Bane Vs. Killer Croc question, Killer Croc would win, although it'd be quite a close fight. Finally, it'd be cool to see him in the next Batman movie, maybe as a side villain though, not the main guy.

stoobytoons
20th Apr 2009, 06:29
Actually, in the Knightfall storyline back in the 90's, Bane broke both of Croc's arms and left him wearing two clunky white casts, as I recall. Then again, Croc wasn't pumped full of venom.

EliteF50
20th Apr 2009, 06:44
Bane > Killer Croc

Just playing. :P I think Croc is a great villain. I hope he's more beast than human in Arkham Asylum.

EliteF50
20th Apr 2009, 06:45
Actually, in the Knightfall storyline back in the 90's, Bane broke both of Croc's arms and left him wearing two clunky white casts, as I recall. Then again, Croc wasn't pumped full of venom.

Yep. That's why I said "Bane > Croc"

:D

Drazar
20th Apr 2009, 10:16
Okay, you all saw my Zsasz fan thread, now I get to the big one. Killer Croc, the meanest and well, cannibalistic of all the Batman villains. So I will start this discussion off with questions, which with Zsasz some people decide to discuss certain ones and that is okay too. Also feel free to bring up other questions and discussions about the Croc, that applies to Zsasz on his thread too.

Game related:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/SYJqLB3ssGI/AAAAAAAAH1s/LGxsPSyAHrE/s400/Arkham+Asylum+Wallpaper+Killer+Croc.jpg

Comic related:

Movie related:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/thumb/4/40/KillerCrocBGK.jpg/250px-KillerCrocBGK.jpg

Wiki:

And I close it with a discussion about the game mostly and maybe how all of these could affect the game version of Croc.

Game related
1) No
2) No
3) "The Joker" Design. (http://i39.tinypic.com/vo0i8g.jpg)

Comic related
1) Brian Azzerollo + Lee Bermejo's The Joker
2) Brian Azzerollo's + Lee Bermejo's The Joker
3) No

Movie related
1) Can work as hired muscule for sure
2) I liked how he had fake razor sharp teeth, didn't like the fact he feared bats

KillerCroc
20th Apr 2009, 12:18
Great, keep it coming. I know Bane broke his arms, but I haven't read that comic yet and when I do I will find that someone has been handicapped and point it out. Becuase that's the kind of guy I am. :rasp:

Drazar
20th Apr 2009, 12:24
What do you think of "The Joker" design? Its realisticly working for a Nolan movie, and reminds people he used to be a Black guy too, which is something few know.

the scarecrow
20th Apr 2009, 19:30
that would be so awsome for him to be playable i love killer croc:flowers: i hope he puts up a good fight:D also i dont understad why some pepole are saying u dont fight him in the game:scratch:

KillerCroc
20th Apr 2009, 19:43
that would be so awsome for him to be playable i love killer croc:flowers: i hope he puts up a good fight:D also i dont understad why some pepole are saying u dont fight him in the game:scratch:Who said that? And he is obviously in the game, and he will be harder than Bane by a lot. Bane sort of looks like the first real villain because Gordon was with him.

vicsage
20th Apr 2009, 19:58
What do you think of "The Joker" design? Its realisticly working for a Nolan movie, and reminds people he used to be a Black guy too, which is something few know.

Joker used to be a black guy? Really? Woah.

Which issue? Or was it just an idea that never made it to the published page?

the scarecrow
20th Apr 2009, 20:07
Who said that? And he is obviously in the game, and he will be harder than Bane by a lot. Bane sort of looks like the first real villain because Gordon was with him
a guy on this form did i thougth he was dumb yea he will be harder yea gordon is with him mabey he saved him or something

Drazar
20th Apr 2009, 20:19
Joker used to be a black guy? Really? Woah.

Which issue? Or was it just an idea that never made it to the published page?

No, "The Joker" is a name of a graphical novel and there it is shown that Killer Croc was a black guy with skin disease, because thats what he used to be originally in the comcis but noways hes a humanoid reptile.

Drazar
20th Apr 2009, 20:21
Who said that? And he is obviously in the game, and he will be harder than Bane by a lot. Bane sort of looks like the first real villain because Gordon was with him.

But now your forgetting that Gordon gets kidnapped too and Batman rescues him. ;)

KillerCroc
20th Apr 2009, 20:22
But now your forgetting that Gordon gets kidnapped too and Batman rescues him. ;) And you heard this where? :rolleyes:

Ensanguined Walls
20th Apr 2009, 20:22
Is Oracle still in this game? I haven't seen/heard her in any gameplay videos/previews thus far.

Drazar
20th Apr 2009, 20:24
And you heard this where? :rolleyes:

Man your such a teaser, but tell it was on some internet preview but you know i just can't find that link so you can think your right for now! :P ;)

@Ensanguined Walls:

We will never see her unless maybe a radio picture (like in solid snake and resident evil 4) because as you know, she lives in Metropolis. Sure she has moved to Gotham now in the comics but theres no possible way the game designers would have changed that, since Oracle hasn't even established a base for herself in gotham.

Ensanguined Walls
20th Apr 2009, 20:27
I was hoping for a sort of "radio picture" mechanic. Those are so cool.

vicsage
21st Apr 2009, 04:27
I was hoping for a sort of "radio picture" mechanic. Those are so cool.

Yes, like those splendid conversations in Metal Gear Solid. That would be nice.

vicsage
21st Apr 2009, 04:33
No, "The Joker" is a name of a graphical novel and there it is shown that Killer Croc was a black guy with skin disease, because thats what he used to be originally in the comcis but noways hes a humanoid reptile.

Ah, the Brian Azzarello thing. Yes. My bad, lol. :cool:

Was Croc African-American in his very first comic book appearance?

Drazar
21st Apr 2009, 04:55

I can't tell, but from what i got to know from old school Batman readers was the truth he was black and whatnot. :p Think its in wikipedia too or DCwikia.

Arkham Bat
21st Apr 2009, 19:12
I love Killer Croc he is good and strong!!!

KillerCroc
24th Apr 2009, 01:15
Anyone see that different artist's take in the Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum? That was cool looking.

KillerCroc
28th May 2009, 01:31
I read Hush today and the artist's perspective and art for Croc was amazing. It actually explained why he was an abomination at the time. He was drugged! How cool is that? The long tongue creeped me out though, anyone else love the view of that Croc?

Zombie-Gamer
28th May 2009, 01:36
If you watch the trailer with Croc in his eyes look just like Bane's and so do Ivy's so theres a high chance that almost all the villains in Arkham are on Venom..... I really hope their not cause it would just be a rip off.

KillerCroc
28th May 2009, 01:38
If you watch the trailer with Croc in his eyes look just like Bane's and so do Ivy's so theres a high chance that almost all the villains in Arkham are on Venom..... I really hope their not cause it would just be a rip off. Croc's eyes weren't white though, neither was Ivy's. Sorry to disappoint you. Ivy isn't on venom because as you saw by her lovely figure (:D) she wasn't objected to the venom because of her size, her plants are, but not her. Croc could be on venom, but he better not be.

vulcanraven213
28th May 2009, 03:05

Never seen that before, but i agree, he would make a great bad guy in Nolans 'verse. He could have some rare skin disease, work as Mob Muscle. I dig it!

KillerCroc
28th May 2009, 03:28
Never seen that before, but i agree, he would make a great bad guy in Nolans 'verse. He could have some rare skin disease, work as Mob Muscle. I dig it! That is another one of my favorite Crocs, rare skin disease and is a bit overmusclular. He has a craving for raw meat, I forgot why, but that isn't bad.

Kai Rei
28th May 2009, 07:16
Croc is one of Batman's greatest foe's ever. Great thread Killer_Croc. :D

I don't think he'd beat Bane, but I'm not sure to be honest. I'm also not sure if Croc's on venom... His size could mean he's on venom or it could simply be a new interpretation.

DarkKnightDanny
28th May 2009, 10:39
I read Hush today and the artist's perspective and art for Croc was amazing. It actually explained why he was an abomination at the time. He was drugged! How cool is that? The long tongue creeped me out though, anyone else love the view of that Croc?

i defo agree on hush's version of croc,the artwork was fantastic, didnt like seeing him so desperate though.
and the whole boss's on venom thing, i think all bosses are going to be on a little titan venom

KillerCroc
28th May 2009, 19:54
i defo agree on hush's version of croc,the artwork was fantastic, didnt like seeing him so desperate though.
and the whole boss's on venom thing, i think all bosses are going to be on a little titan venom The desperate thing made it more interesting. He almost opened up to Batman, his greatest foe. Are you saying you wouldn't be desperate if you couldn't think straight and had a tongue the size of a rope?

Guns R Us
14th Feb 2010, 11:12

Hi, I know I'm kinda late to the party, but felt this needed answering. Simply put, in the story arc by Gerry Conway and Gene Colan introducing our reptilian friend, he was not intended to be african american. The Azzarello graphic novel, was in fact non-canon. That is to say, despite anything, it was not in continuity. However, Waylon Jones has been shown as a muscled human in a couple of issues of Detective comics, and the "Broken City" arc in Batman (by Azzarello). These have, mainly been errors on the colorists part, or Azzarello showing his unique take on the character. Some versions of Croc have been Cajun. In the end, one may assume on his heritage, but because of the atavism that affected him, he was BORN green and scaly. Raised by a cruel aunt. Atavism is a real condition, with many fascinating effects. It results in genetic traits being inherited from distant ancestors, and has resulted in whales with legs, and humans with multiple nipples. Waylon's case is unique, in that it goes back further to a reptilian ancestor. Techniquely, there SHOULD be a cure, but some of the advantages are useful. If you have the money to spend, seek out Batman #357-359 and Detective #523-526. It is an exquisite story to celebrate 500 issues of Batman being in Detective, and introducing Killer Croc, who commands an army of Batman's foes. Yes, even the Joker. Sorry about the long-winded spiel. Just love the character.

MayorJoker
15th Feb 2010, 21:19

Game related:

Comic related:

Movie related:

Wiki:

Update: If any of you like Zsasz...http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=87847

Game Related:
1. I don't think that.
2.Nope Just want him as a boss that you fight.
3. I say the Croc outfit that was used in Arkham Asylum should be the future look.
Comic Related:

1. Arkham Asylum artist haha
2. Shoot, I forgot but I think it's o man I can't think on that one right now. He is great in the 90's comics
3. Croc would crush Bane but it would be a great fight!

Movie:
1. I think Croc should be the next villain, but I think that Harley Quinn, and Clayface should come first, maybe the 4th could have Croc.
2. I hated the Batman; Gotham Knights, he looked better in that, but the story was terrible in my opinion.
3. I think that Ron Peralman should play Croc in the Batman films.

Killer Croc was awesome in Arkham Asylum, everything was great except the "boss fight" I think he could of actually fought Batman, that was one of 2 things that I didn't like about the game. Go Croc!

thedarknight2016
16th Feb 2010, 02:01
Killer croc is a great baman villian