PDA

View Full Version : New Two pic of B:AA Collecter Edition Box !!

CrashxUae
18th Apr 2009, 16:53
Hi evreyone , Today i search in google about B:AA Collecter Edition and i found this new two pics of B:AA Collecter Edition Box , one for Ps3 and one for 360 .

Ps3 Edition :

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/BatmanArkhamAsylumBlog/packshot-1.jpg

X360 Edition :

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/BatmanArkhamAsylumBlog/packshot.jpg

Bye .... :wave:

Batman888
18th Apr 2009, 17:15
Crash. Delete some of your messages. you cant except anymore.

CrashxUae
18th Apr 2009, 17:17
I did .. Ok :thumb:

statesman1114
18th Apr 2009, 17:17
Niiice! Im gettin the 360 version of that so i can get the Batarang. Its expensive to make my own!

CrashxUae
18th Apr 2009, 17:19
Yeah it's great ! cant wait to get it and play with the Batarang .

statesman1114
18th Apr 2009, 17:31
I cant wait to throw my Batarang at Clowns! God, i hate the circus (no offense, i just think that the modern circus is too child-friendly. i miss the freak-shows.)

KillerCroc
18th Apr 2009, 17:38
Cool thanks, Still haven't pre-ordered mine, but I plan to by the end of April.

KillerCroc
18th Apr 2009, 17:39
I cant wait to throw my Batarang at Clowns! God, i hate the circus (no offense, i just think that the modern circus is too child-friendly. i miss the freak-shows.) You can actually come by those sometimes, went to one about three years ago. Ah, the classic freaks. Back in the good ol' days.

Barghest
18th Apr 2009, 18:15
360 set's looking pretty slick. I can't wait to put the batarang up on my TV.

themoonglows
18th Apr 2009, 18:35
Those pictures are the UK CE I believe

The US one has a cooler box :D

arOnex20
18th Apr 2009, 18:45
Those pictures are the UK CE I believe

The US one has a cooler box :D

werd. :cool:

Amputechture
18th Apr 2009, 18:46
Yeah, we get the Batarang Box :whistle:

Jason Todd
18th Apr 2009, 19:10
Maybe its just me but those look photoshopped...there isnt even the Digi-pak in there. But maybe im wrong...

Also doesnt the box look like a Bat? Thats just a square box

themoonglows
18th Apr 2009, 20:41
Yeah, in the CE pic, it shows that the case is in the shape of a batarang. So these are probably fake, or another version of the CE. Or maybe they decided to change it. IDK.

I hate when people don't read
Those are the UK collectors editions!

Amputechture
18th Apr 2009, 21:17
It may be true...but REALLY looks like a mock up but at least one for UK...look at the rating. It honestly doesn't make sense they would change any of the packaging for the UK anyways...

crazyish
18th Apr 2009, 21:28
it is the UK collecters edition you can tell by looking at the rating on the box americas rating system is different we use the ratings C E E+10 T M and A
while on that box it appears it says 12+ which is not an american rating

Chimaera
18th Apr 2009, 21:36
it is the UK collecters edition you can tell by looking at the rating on the box americas rating system is different we use the ratings C E E+10 T M and A
while on that box it appears it says 12+ which is not an american rating

It says 16+

British ratings go 3+, 12+, 16+, 18+

OmniusALX
18th Apr 2009, 22:39
http://images.play.com/banners/9663559l.jpg

This is the correct UK edition of the Collectors Edition, GAME doesn't have it listed only Play.com (at the moment that is!)

Regards

zurc136
18th Apr 2009, 23:00
The pic of the so-called UK CE is clearly fake. The depth and color/shadows/shading is way off.

weaponx05
18th Apr 2009, 23:01
I kinda want the collector's edition just so I can get the batarang

door noob
18th Apr 2009, 23:02
I kinda want the collector's edition just so I can get the batarang

Everybody does.

Ensanguined Walls
18th Apr 2009, 23:35
With such an awesome CE, the devs and Eidos are clearly confident about this game.

Sweet.

Amputechture
19th Apr 2009, 00:12
The CE pic looks saddening...The Box is lame and the journal looks a bit malnourished...:scratch:

arOnex20
19th Apr 2009, 01:30
Thats the only reason why I pre-ordered the CE.

damn skippy:D

SammiiDoogles
19th Apr 2009, 01:54
Why do we get a lame box and an uglier looking book ? :(

And if you look close, the pic for the UK one still anotates the box as being 'Batarang' Shaped

Jason Todd
19th Apr 2009, 02:01
Why do we get a lame box and a different book ? :(

Because thats most likely photoshopped and fake....i mean it looks SO fake, if its real im very surprised

Jason Todd
19th Apr 2009, 02:25
Yeah, I know. I saw that and I was like,"Wow, that looks so photoshop-ed"

Exactly, I can't believe only like two people have agreed with me, you can even see how the layers overlap, Like someone else said there's no shadows...and the box just looks...like someone drew it....also WHERE'S THE DIGI-PAK?!

thebatman226
19th Apr 2009, 02:25
hmm the first 2 look super fake, but iunno bout the third one :scratch:

Jason Todd
19th Apr 2009, 02:28
hmm the first 2 look super fake, but iunno bout the third one :scratch:

Yeah the third one does look real, I just meant the two in the original post.

Lunar
19th Apr 2009, 02:51
Yeah the third one does look real, I just meant the two in the original post.
The third is real.

Poison Quinn
19th Apr 2009, 02:52
People people, I know I may be late in response to the hoopla, but take a look at the "new" two AA collector editions. So photoshopped. lol. Anyone who claims that's real need to be tied to a pole a have a couple batarangs thrown at them lol.

There is no depth, no perception no detail no realness to it. In all my years of working in photoshop and going to college and getting my bachelors in Graphic design have I seen such poor photoshop work. Had a better shot in making that in Adobe illustrator. lol Besides, why would the UK get a special Collectors edition for the same price. I wouldn't want to spend 100 bucks on that lol.

Carry on all. That made me laugh, thanks to whoever posted that.

arOnex20
19th Apr 2009, 02:55
i don't mean to be a **** or anything, but damn that must suck. we get a sweet ass tin case shaped like a bat..and you guys get a cardboard box :mad:

Poison Quinn
19th Apr 2009, 03:00
i don't mean to be a **** or anything, but damn that must suck. we get a sweet ass tin case shaped like a bat..and you guys get a cardboard box :mad:

lol @ cardboard box.

Cant get no worst than that. lol.

thebatman226
19th Apr 2009, 03:01
lol @ cardboard box.

Cant get no worst than that. lol.

it sure can, australia dosnt even get it :/

Poison Quinn
19th Apr 2009, 03:11
it sure can, australia dosnt even get it :/

aww better get it on ebay :)

arOnex20
19th Apr 2009, 03:25
aww better get it on ebay :)

werd. if you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

thebatman226
19th Apr 2009, 03:34
im thinkin bout ebay but i need a region code 4 game :/

Poison Quinn
19th Apr 2009, 05:47
im thinkin bout ebay but i need a region code 4 game :/

Region code say what?

Thats gotta suck :(

BatmanIsHero
19th Apr 2009, 06:27
Oh my god. Its looks so great! I can't wait for get my hand on it, and play the game on my 360.

OmniusALX
19th Apr 2009, 07:34
The pic of the so-called UK CE is clearly fake. The depth and color/shadows/shading is way off.

Don't know how you can say that, do you think someone has just made it up for the sake of it?

Granted its an artistic representation, but I'm sure this is how companies would give you an impression of what to expect - they may not have manufactured any at time of releasing this information.

Plus I don't think Play.com would advertise something that would breach any form of the Trades Description Act!

So consider your opinions before you claim something is fake...

Here's the actual page...
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/9663559/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collector-Edition/Product.html

OmniusALX
19th Apr 2009, 07:42
Ironically, like many people on here have said - there is 'another' version of the CE.

Here's the proof (and its in the same format as the picture from Play.com here in the UK) Just with a different box and Journal.

Prehaps they are all like this now and the first picture I posted was actually an initial design for the CE but they have 'ramped' up the quality since then...

We'll see closer to release...

http://360.kombo.com/images/content/news/baabig.jpg

Jason Todd
19th Apr 2009, 16:48
Don't know how you can say that, do you think someone has just made it up for the sake of it?

Granted its an artistic representation, but I'm sure this is how companies would give you an impression of what to expect - they may not have manufactured any at time of releasing this information.

Plus I don't think Play.com would advertise something that would breach any form of the Trades Description Act!

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/9663559/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collector-Edition/Product.html

We're saying the pics on the original post are fake, not the one you're talking about.....

Poison Quinn
19th Apr 2009, 16:53

Too bad that wasn't the one we were talking about. lol.

So...consider reading and looking at the right material before you claim we're wrong lol. :)

I'll even save you the time and show you what we were referring too.

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/BatmanArkhamAsylumBlog/packshot.jpg

SammiiDoogles
19th Apr 2009, 17:11
Because thats most likely photoshopped and fake....i mean it looks SO fake, if its real im very surprised

I Was reffering to the one on play.com, not one of the obviously photoshopped first two :P

Stealthy Assassin
19th Apr 2009, 17:26
IMO i think getting the collectors edition for the batarang is extremely nerdy. I am a batman fan but come on, paying $100 dollars so you can jump around your room acting like batman and accidentally stick your mom in the face with it? i dont think so, that is such a gimmick so they can get you to pay $40 more dollars for it. Then after that with all these request and people wanting to see alternate costumes they are going to put them on the XBL marketplace and sell them for about 200-250 points each and get you to pay more. No Thanks =]

Jason Todd
19th Apr 2009, 17:30
I Was reffering to the one on play.com, not one of the obviously photoshopped first two :P

I don't think anyone thinks that one was photoshopped at play.com but yeah the other 2 defininitely

CodeBlack
19th Apr 2009, 17:31
I notice that the exclusive Challenge stuff for the CE isn't actually exclusive, just free and in advance.

That, the journal, the batarang and the behind the scenes are the only reasons I was thinking about getting the CE. If I can just download the Challenge stuff later and see the Behind The Scenes on Youtube eventually, I don't really think paying $40 extra for a batarang and Arkham's journal, no matter how cool the batarang is, is entirely worth it.

I've heard a bit about a CE exclusive villain, but I don't see info about it on that picture... Anyone have any info about it.

SammiiDoogles
19th Apr 2009, 17:43
IMO i think getting the collectors edition for the batarang is extremely nerdy. I am a batman fan but come on, paying $100 dollars so you can jump around your room acting like batman and accidentally stick your mom in the face with it? i dont think so, that is such a gimmick so they can get you to pay $40 more dollars for it. Then after that with all these request and people wanting to see alternate costumes they are going to put them on the XBL marketplace and sell them for about 200-250 points each and get you to pay more. No Thanks =]

Over here its only like £10/20 more, So its a good price seeing as something like the batarang would usually cost more, then your getting a DVD, and a Book, so i reckon its pretty fairly priced

Roughly;
Game -£40/50
Book - £5/10
DLC - £5
Batarang - £20/25
DVD - £10

Those are roughly what those things would cost here in the UK, so seeing as the extras with the game would be around £50, and the whole package is £60, i think its a pretty good price :)

Lunar
19th Apr 2009, 17:54
Over here its only like £10/20 more, So its a good price seeing as something like the batarang would usually cost more, then your getting a DVD, and a Book, so i reckon its pretty fairly priced

Roughly;
Game -£40/50
Book - £5/10
DLC - £5
Batarang - £20/25
DVD - £10

Those are roughly what those things would cost here in the UK, so seeing as the extras with the game would be around £50, and the whole package is £60, i think its a pretty good price :)

The dvd comes with the came you know like how street fighter iv is.

themoonglows
19th Apr 2009, 18:28
Ironically, like many people on here have said - there is 'another' version of the CE.

Here's the proof (and its in the same format as the picture from Play.com here in the UK) Just with a different box and Journal.

Prehaps they are all like this now and the first picture I posted was actually an initial design for the CE but they have 'ramped' up the quality since then...

We'll see closer to release...

http://360.kombo.com/images/content/news/baabig.jpg

seriously? that is the UNITED STATES collectors edition
the other picture is the UNITED KINGDOM collectors edition!

SammiiDoogles
19th Apr 2009, 18:30
The dvd comes with the came you know like how street fighter iv is.

Yeah i know, its a seperate disk in the pack, im just saying, Standalone DVD's are around £10, i was just showing how i think it is pretty fairly priced

Stealthy Assassin
19th Apr 2009, 19:22

Roughly;
Game -£40/50
Book - £5/10
DLC - £5
Batarang - £20/25
DVD - £10

Fairly priced? are you kidding me? they are trying to make money off of you by taking some cheap kind of metal and shaping it into a novelty item and then after that they take some videos of how they produced the game and show you, big whoop. then after that cheap $5 metal boomerang they throw in that DVD thats is about $10 and then throw some paper in there. why do you want to see whats behind the scenes? and you get the challenge for pre-ordering and if the one with the CE is different then in a month or two it will be downloadable for everyone.

themoonglows
19th Apr 2009, 19:39
Read the picture, Crime Alley is EXCLUSIVE to the CE

Stealthy Assassin
19th Apr 2009, 22:57
not only crime alley but another one, sorry for getting on your case guys. you inspired me to buy the collectors edition SammiiDoogles so thanks man.

Ensanguined Walls
19th Apr 2009, 23:56
I gotta admit, the CE looks amazing. Nice case, too.

Stealthy Assassin
20th Apr 2009, 00:06
yeah im really excited about it, i just wish i didnt have to wait for June, its so tempting to find out where they are developing it and steal it :nut: jk

OmniusALX
20th Apr 2009, 18:32
....looks like I've opened a can of worms here.

As for my comment about what one I was talking about, I knew you lot would get it wrong - I knew the comment was directed at the 'Play.com' version (the claim that it was fake) not the first post and 'fake' versions :lmao:

Anyway, back to the subject of the 2 versions of CE.

As some of you have already stated, there are indeed 2 versions, and I'm afraid that the UK is being dumped on yet again! (really we should boycott the CE version here in the UK, make them waste money in marketing it!)

Here's the official response direct from Eidos (I emailed them to ask about it)

Thanks for the email. They are for different territories and not great news if you’re in the UK. The ‘standard’ edition (without the nice leather action) is for the EU I’m afraid.

Best,

Keir Edmonds

Group Community Manager | Eidos Interactive

www.eidos.com

imbatman08
20th Apr 2009, 19:33
so i have orderd one from play.com ( i live in the Uk ) will i get the batarang lol thats all i want ? ? ?

Kal1138
20th Apr 2009, 19:52
As some of you have already stated, there are indeed 2 versions, and I'm afraid that the UK is being dumped on yet again! (really we should boycott the CE version here in the UK, make them waste money in marketing it!)

UK is being dumped on? Seriously? There are only 2 differences between the US and the EU CE of the game. A) The US CE gets a batarang shaped box while the EU CE has a simple box and B) The US's doctor's journal is made out of leather while the EU's version isn't.

I don't see what the big deal is. I actually prefer the normal box instead of the batarang shaped one of the US version and as for the doctor's journal...while it would have been kinda cool if it was made from leather, it doesn't matter at all. It's the same book, only with a different cover.

OmniusALX
21st Apr 2009, 20:53
UK is being dumped on? Seriously? There are only 2 differences between the US and the EU CE of the game. A) The US CE gets a batarang shaped box while the EU CE has a simple box and B) The US's doctor's journal is made out of leather while the EU's version isn't.

I don't see what the big deal is. I actually prefer the normal box instead of the batarang shaped one of the US version and as for the doctor's journal...while it would have been kinda cool if it was made from leather, it doesn't matter at all. It's the same book, only with a different cover.

I hear what you're saying, but for me (and I'm not alone) its pure poor market research. Really what is the thinking behind it? Cost? Surely not, we in the UK are over charged for everything, so the fact they can spend more on what may only be 2 'minor' design differences for the US market puzzles me. :mad2:

If they have to manufacture boxes and leather covers, surely a single run of X amount of boxes and books for a worldwide release makes more sense than X amount of one type of box/book then X amount of another type of box/book for 2 different regions? I used to work in manufacture and you always worked on larger orders of one thing than multiple smaller orders (there is material change overs and machine setting-up's to contend with) Of course this may be going to far for something like this, prehaps there is no real difference with this type of product to manufacture 2 types of box/book, but I still think that through market research within the different regions, Eidos would have foundout what the game playing public would 'accept' as a 'Collectors Edition'

I can't believe someone high up made the decision to change the box let alone the book...what makes it worse is we all know that there is 'another' version out there, and we are only questioning why they deem the EU regions should get a 'tweeked' version? I guess we'll never know. :scratch:

All things considered though, the game does look good, and worthy of a CE version however it comes (I do like my CE versions of games, got more on the PC though, so I guess this could be the things to come? Console CE versions?)

Regards

Arkham Bat
21st Apr 2009, 21:14
That is cool colector edition and Batrang

batman4747
23rd Apr 2009, 16:14
when i get the batarang am going to throw it at people and at lights so people will get frighten ha ha ha ha lol:lmao: :rasp: