PDA

View Full Version : Is it The Game, Vista, Widescreen, or what

ltolman
15th Apr 2009, 23:47
So with Just Cause 2 coming soon I thought about replaying Just Cause; I actually never beat it the first time so I thought about playing it again lol

Afterall now I have a huge power gaming PC; with an excellent processor and lots of memory and a high end graphics card.

However I'm noticing that the graphics arent all that great. Maybe its the game engine itself and the fact it was a 2006 game? I dont know

Maybe its because I'm running the game on Windows Vista and it wasnt optimized for that? I dont know.

Or maybe its because I have a 24 inch LCD Monitor that natives in 1900x1200 yet the game cant support that high.

Here is a picture; I really am not sure if you can make much out of it but to me the game seems a bit "pixelated" and I have everything cranked up.

AMD Athlon 64x2 6400 ~3.2gighz
3gigs of RAM, actually 4gigs but
Windows Vista 32bit Service Pack 1
NVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra 768mb PCI

http://www.larrytolman.com/justcause1.jpg

Anyways it might give it away when you read the words but I"m not sure. Any ideas? Thanks

teffmyster
21st Apr 2009, 14:02
Nah, its just the game. I have a more extreme power pc then yours and i notice it aswell. I also have the new samsung T260 26" screen so it also might have to do with the resolution.

I have an idea though. Go into Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D settings>Program Settings>(select a program to customize) Choose Just Cause or if its not there make a profile on it by clicking add and finding its Exe> Set Antialiasing Mode to Override applications setting> then set the antialiasing setting to 16xQ> CLICK ACCEPT.

If this works it should'nt be pixelated anymore.

ltolman
22nd Apr 2009, 03:05
did that; the words are still a bit pixelated but thank you for letting me know that it isnt just my graphic settings that it is in relation to the game engine itself.

I guess I"ll deal with it :p