PDA

View Full Version : THIEF 2 > Help, please; big trouble in "Casing the Joint"!

Filthy Weed
7th Apr 2009, 05:39
I have been playing the patched Thief 2 1.18 on a Vista running it on a single core, but now in "Casing the Joint" (and also toward the end of "Kidnap") I'm having issues; I can't use my weapons and when I try to pick up loot the whole game crashes.
I've downloaded convict.osm and replaced the existing one, as a forum thread suggested, but it didn't solve the problem. :confused:
What happened and how do I fix it?
Many thanks.

jtr7
7th Apr 2009, 07:35
Is it only happening with those two missions? If so, your mission files are probably corrupted. Copy over the miss12.mis & miss15.mis files from your disc (if you have one) and play them from the beginning, as any saves will have saved the corruption. I don't know what else it could be.

Filthy Weed
7th Apr 2009, 09:59
Is it only happening with those two missions? If so, your mission files are probably corrupted. Copy over the miss12.mis & miss15.mis files from your disc (if you have one) and play them from the beginning, as any saves will have saved the corruption. I don't know what else it could be.

Thank for your message, jtr7. Instead of investigating further and waste time, I decided to reinstall the game with the CDs and skip through the missions up to "Casing..".
Everything works now, including the intro movies.