PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Party System

Pages : [1] 2

Erkillers
14th Dec 2013, 19:43
I think the game is dividing up the teams unfairly. One side is almost always full of high levels, while the other is becomes full of low levels. The team deathmatches almost always become four level 1’s vs four level 10’s and above. This is makes the game completely unfair; it should at least divide up the players evenly so that the average level of all players on a team is roughly equal to the average level of all players on the other team. This wasn’t a problem before because most players were the same level, but now it’s become a glaring problem that has taken away all the fun from the game, especially for newcomers when the time comes.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 20:00
You're going up against pre made teams, people are partying up beforehand, afaik the sorting is random normally. Either that or you're being unlucky.

hirukaru
15th Dec 2013, 00:10
You're going up against pre made teams, people are partying up beforehand, afaik the sorting is random normally. Either that or you're being unlucky.

Cannot team up before (not yet)

The way these players are working is as followed:
They find a lobby with a few players or an empty one.
They invite there friends (Max of 3 invites so total 4 players)
Other people join.. 8 players total
Game starts with friends in a party 4 friends vs 4 others.

Amorbis
15th Dec 2013, 16:58
As someone who plays without any friends on Nosgoth I get this a lot too. The best thing to do is try and work with what you've got and encourage others to work as a team.

It might have already been suggested, but perhaps if a party system is implemented it would be nice if you knew who was in a party. That way you might not feel as bad when you get destroyed. A party-free game search similar to the under level 5 only search could also work.

Oroibahazopi
15th Dec 2013, 17:41
You can fill an entire lobby with 8 people in a party if you're quick, I've done so before. 4 is not the limit.

Separate solo and team queues? That's unpossible.

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 17:45
I think a party-free queue is a bad idea. It takes away the team aspect of the game. Players should be encouraged to find friends and play together.

Oroibahazopi
15th Dec 2013, 17:50
That doesn't make sense, there would be a separate team queue for pre made teams.

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 18:07
It does, because it makes the team players play together and the non's play together. By segregating the two they will never intermingle and the "loners" will have no incentive to find a normal crew to play with. Games are always more fun with other people you know, and from a developer standpoint, you aren't encouraging friendly behavior, thus reducing your playerbase. Not to mention, the loners will never see how to play as a team since the teams will be in another room anyways.

Oroibahazopi
15th Dec 2013, 18:17
Every decent competitive game has separate team and solo queues. Pre mades have a natural advantage over a team of solo players, it's worthless to even play such matches. It is zero fun for both parties, the situation in this game at the moment is either farm noobs with a pre made team or get farmed. Right now people who prefer to play solo are at a forced disadvantage since they can be matched against pre made teams.

Also a team has no need to integrate with solo players since they're already a team. It's more likely a bunch of solo players end up teaming up.

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 21:30
The issue now is only caused by a lack of players though. That should even itself out.

Zindiq
16th Dec 2013, 16:25
this is a team based game , not encouraging solo players to team up would be a bad move I think.

players that complain that they get beaten by Teams , should try and Group up with others, that is how I found the guys I play with, remember few of us knew eachother before we meet in nosgoth.

cmstache
16th Dec 2013, 17:13
this is a team based game , not encouraging solo players to team up would be a bad move I think.

players that complain that they get beaten by Teams , should try and Group up with others, that is how I found the guys I play with, remember few of us knew each other before we meet in nosgoth.

Exactly, and keeping solo players seperate doesn't encourage that

Oroibahazopi
21st Dec 2013, 13:41
Sometimes can't join lobby via invite or "join" option even though lobby isn't full.

Sometimes "join" wont appear in the friends context menu even though lobby is not full. Sometimes it'll appear even when game is full.

Cannot send invites via in game friend list to players that are "online" and not in game.

Sometimes accepting invites will dump you in a random game.

Accepting an invite sent via the steam friend context menu out of game, while Nosgoth is not running, will start Nosgoth and begin Authing to lobby but then give an error that suite does not match host.

Friends statuses in the in game friend menu only show "online", does not show "away" or "in game" if away or in another game.

No clear way of forming or leaving a party.

Party system will have you in different parties in the chatbox window at the bottom of the screen and your friend list.

Possibly intended: You will form a party automatically when joining a friend from your friend list.

Psyonix_Corey
21st Dec 2013, 18:51
Party system UI flow will be changing during Beta to make it much more clear when you're in an online lobby vs. just partying up to search for a match.

Thanks for describing out the major bugs.

cmstache
23rd Dec 2013, 14:20
Any possible way we can get it before beta? I know it'll have issues to test, and it's be nice. I think a lot of the party issues is coming up from steam.

Strike5150
24th Dec 2013, 14:04
Party system will be very welcome :), Looking forward to it.

Crusader_bin
30th Dec 2013, 16:04
Perchaps more related to overall matchmaking, but party stacking can ruin balance (and often it does).
It ruined my games several times. Few times when I was playing against party stackers, and even more when I was inside a stacked party (Meeting good players is not that hard with low player base). The game is either way too easy or too hard in such cases.

It seems to be too hard to combat with limited ammount of players, but while open beta hits - party games should be limited to party vs party only? Or skill levels of random should actually be HIGHER than the total skill levels of guys inside a party. It would also be a blast if skill level was actually determined by skill, not time spent in matches alone ( like right now). Maybe something similiar to APB: Reloaded ? They seem to have picked their system up from the ground more or less.

In other words, a high paying customer, that wants to unwind after hours of work at the office/brothel/harbour/whatever will not be able to just start up the game and play, without wasting time for search of some clan or group he won't have time to identify with? And instead will be shown the middile finger. While the game will draw more unemployed, non-paying "customers" that will go hardcore and make the lives of casuals even harder then it would normally be, by grinding them for gold? :P

From a developer point of view, that should not be the case.
But If they really DO care about players, they should make a system that works for both of them.
Dual search system that would connect both sides only when no players will be available (failing to find other party after 1:30 min?) Should not happen a lot with F2P system.

hirukaru
30th Dec 2013, 16:48
Disclaimer: I'am not an expert or anything

To allow a fair fight the following thing should be made.
Ranking system that puts in a rank to a player what decides if rank X can fight rank Y
In party: Rank Y1 =1000
Y2 = 750
Y3 = 500
Y4 = 200
Mean rank: 612,5
Search for a party that has equal ranking 612,5
Or
Party rank +10% = 612,5 + 61,25 = 673,75
Search for random players with rank near equal to: 673,75

That is to make sure players are equal in strenght.

Now for the party system:

A option to select for individuel players to search for:
Random vs Party (Random allows to search for party groups)
Random vs random (non party) (Random does not allow to join a party lobby)

And for party groups to search for
Party vs party (Selecting this only will make sure you are matches vs a party of your ranking range)
Party vs Random (Selecting this will also allow party vs party)

cmstache
31st Dec 2013, 01:24
I wouldn't be opposed to two ratings. A "rating while in a party" and a "rating while soloing." That way if you have a lower solo rank (as should be the case) you get paired with lower end teams, if any.

Syst3mzero
4th Jan 2014, 05:55
A option to select for individual players to search for:
Random vs Party (Random allows to search for party groups)
Random vs random (non party) (Random does not allow to join a party lobby)

And for party groups to search for
Party vs party (Selecting this only will make sure you are matches vs a party of your ranking range)
Party vs Random (Selecting this will also allow party vs party)

Its much easier than that, you only need 2 game modes, random and party,

random allows random players to play in random teams vs other randoms playing in random teams (no pre made teams of any size)

party allows people to join in parties of 1, 2, 3, or 4 so you can join if you are in a party or not but you understand that you may be pitted against a team.
This way if you join as a single player in the team queue you could end up having a pre made 3 player team join you, 1 other solo and a 2 man team or 3 solo players or you may join as a full team. many games do it this way.
personally I like to play some games in a team with a friend but not always a full 3 friends as you cant always have 4 friends who want to play.

The reason party doesn't have to be pure 4v4 is that you have given people an option to queue as a solo in a random game, and if they chose party instead they fully understand the possibility of facing a well organised team. sometimes i think its more social and more fun just to all go in as teams of 2 that match with a second team of 2 (2+2 vs 2+2) as it doesn't end up being the same team same tactics borefest of a 4v4 and you have to adapt.

BTW Hirukaru corrected and highlighted your spelling mistake, also strength (you spelled it strenght) was wrong but I assume this was a typing error :)
Everyone else, I'm not picking on him by correcting his spelling he is extremely good at English (better than most English people) but I'm helping Hirukaru with the few minor mistakes he makes.

lucinvampire
22nd Jan 2014, 21:47
I'm not sure if this was an issue with Steam or the game - I was invited to a match and when I tried to accept it said something along the lines of "on different server" and not everyone was showing in game even though they were on.

I managed to exit Nosgoth and load back in and then it allowed me to accept said invite. :D

Alphamatroxom
24th Jan 2014, 22:04
I don't know if his lobby is full but the exact error message is "You are currently playing on a different Online Suite environment than the host!". I've never seen it under any other circumstance. This is launching from outside the game directly trying to join from Steam. Also Join doesn't work once the client is launched
EDIT: Validated files just to make sure everything was in order, nothing came up

OnScreenMenu
11th Feb 2014, 15:47
Does it work at all? My friend and I are finally able to play except that when I invite him, or vice-versa, the game claims Nosgoth servers are unavailable. So far we've worked it out to only work when one of us invites while waiting on a game, which is hardly fair - Surely we should be able to party up and JOIN matchmaking together, rather than sending an invite and screaming "C'MON DUDE HIT ACCEPT THERE'S A SPACE FREE- Aw, damn. Now we need to try again."

DOTA2 seems to have a pretty good system and from the UI layout I assumed you'd be very similar, is that the intention going forward into beta?

cmstache
11th Feb 2014, 16:15
It needs work, in fact I'm going to be posting on the thread about it in a minutes, however, at the moment due to the small population it's not turned on.

OnScreenMenu
11th Feb 2014, 16:25
Seems like you're pretty clued in man, I'm looking forward to this post. Is there a sticky on the topic somewhere, or?

cmstache
11th Feb 2014, 16:46
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=9641

Kunieda
27th Feb 2014, 17:45
It says lobby is full or lobby got shut down when we try to invite/join each other's team.

lucinvampire
27th Feb 2014, 22:21
Yes I'm experiencing this issue also

Zindiq
28th Feb 2014, 17:31
creating a party dont work . you can somtimes invite/join players but you dont end up on the same team ( it seem random)

please focus abit on that.

Psycks
9th Mar 2014, 06:41
No matter what we do, if we are in a party with each other and we actually get teamed up, one of our clients crash without fail. On a side note, I'd really do something about the matching system. Trying to do it based off of total team level is a terrible idea.

DropTheMichael
14th Mar 2014, 00:26
Any attempt to party ends in sadness as Nosgoth forces my friends and I to fight each other to the death instead of allowing us to remain partied in the same team.

Tolstenkij
14th Mar 2014, 05:08
I cant invite or be invited at all. If i press "join" - "loby is shot down".......

Wobbley
14th Mar 2014, 09:03
There is no real team system, you can only join the same lobby, you will not be put in the same team. They are working on enabling queuing as a "team" again. Related post: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=10967&p=89431#post89431

Christian2316
1st Apr 2014, 07:41
When my buddy and I try to join a party it wont let us. Other than that this is game is fun and awesome great release ) . Oh and the kick while idling never really kicks me out of the game it just freezes me and I have to manually quit leave the match .

RainaAudron
1st Apr 2014, 23:15
You need to be in the lobby first in order to invite friends.

D370X6767
24th Apr 2014, 05:02
Ya, just gonna make a quick thread here.

Anyone else having the same problems with sending and accepting invites?

I just accept the invite and nothing happens. We basically just time our searches and hope we get put on the same team... :(

Psyonix_Corey
24th Apr 2014, 22:55
Hi guys,

We've seen a lot of reports about trouble with the Party system. We could use some more data from you guys on what and where it's failing to help us solve the problems.

There are two ways to group up in Nosgoth:
- Before searching, invite people from your friends list. They should receive a game invite via Steam they can accept. On your PLAY screen, before you search, there's a "PARTY" list at the bottom and their Steam icon should appear there as well as a Party chat box in the bottom tray.
OR
- In a lobby, you can invite friends or they can join you directly if there's room in the server.

What would help is for you to tell us where it's failing and what error message you OR your friends are receiving, if any.
1) Were you inviting before searching, or were you already in a lobby?
2) Did your friend receive the invite, or did it never arrive?
3) When they accepted the invite, did they get an error message? What was it?

RUANON
24th Apr 2014, 23:16
I have the same problem

RUANON
24th Apr 2014, 23:18
1) Invited before seraching
2) Yes they received it
3) person is not in a game (Access is currently unavailable).

midvinterblot92
1st May 2014, 05:16
Invited before searching, other person received the invite. Upon clicking to join a bar in the top right says Authenticating... counts to 6 and then pops up an error stating access to nosgoth is currently unavailable.

RainaAudron
1st May 2014, 11:18
I can´t invite my friends before searching for lobby either.. :/ (same thing as posters above).

lucinvampire
1st May 2014, 13:10
Sometimes when I'm invited - at the Lobby stage - it'll pop up the message saying "x has invited you" but it wont allow me to join, there is no error message - it just sits there and wont do anything or it'll have the "join" option greyed out (even if there's space in the Lobby). Sometimes though it'll say something like "host party is full" or "hosts party has been shut down" or something like that when the person is saying there is still space...haven't had these two for a while though - only the first one alot recently.

Haven't tried partying up before Lobby though so cannot comment on this part...I'll definitely be trying this next time now I know it's kinda functioning - rather than trying to find a Lobby with enough space and Lobby hopping to find one to then invite people into.

cmstache
1st May 2014, 13:22
Inviting before searching for a game. When they attempt to join they usually get a message saying "Unable to join."

13oundary
1st May 2014, 20:23
Yeah, having trouble getting a party started D: ...

The invite system works so far as that I receive the invite and when I accept I get the [Authentication] timer (if accepting the invite via the steam overlay, accepting in game seems as if nothing happens,) the erro is "Access to Nosgoth is currently unavailable." for us, though if we search at the same time we can find the same lobbies.

Right clicking on a friend and selecting join tells me "<user> joinable lobby has shut down. Please try again later."

This was with both clients on the same wi-fi too... which gets closed NAT on a lot of games... just fyi.

Antix1337
5th May 2014, 18:32
Ok,

did i miss something? Or is the party function really not good at all as it is right now? I mean ...can't i FIRST open a party and THEN search for a match? Or did i simply not find the right button? There has to be an "easy" way to play with friends...

Regards

Sanguise23
5th May 2014, 18:33
invite doesnt seam to work as intended, only way to party ATM is after joining lobby have friends join you :(

Antix1337
5th May 2014, 18:36
Well, hope this get's fixed ASAP, since it's really annoying the way it is right now. If you could at least open up an empty lobby ....

exegen
6th May 2014, 09:30
Yeah. That one should be a high prio feature. Its so annoying if you try to start a game with friends.

Diexna
6th May 2014, 11:20
Inviting friends outside a lobby results in "Unable to join game", the only time I've ever been able to invite people are inside a lobby, and even then it's unstable. Sometimes my friends end up inside completely other games.

The party system right now is incredibly difficult to get working if you wish to play with others.

Extra edit: Something that also happens quite often is that when you try and join a game by right clicking, either nothing happens, or you get the same message, or something similar. OR you end up in a completely different lobby.

Extra extra edit: I just came out of a game since the update and tried some things real quick with cmsausage.

When I was in a lobby and got invited by him, and I accepted via Steam, nothing happened. As if the game didn't even register it.

I tried to leave the lobby and got invited by him again. I accepted, and the game threw me into the same lobby I left before I accepted his invite.

Antix1337
6th May 2014, 20:11
Party-Function still buggy as ****. I mean..honestly..this is a multiplayer game...and normally you wanna play with friends. Why is it so buggy..... it's like the whole system was done in 1 day with no thought put into it at all. No offense.

Searching with party not working .... puts you into lobby, closes lobby, puts you into seperate lobbies. Nice. Or splitting your party so you have to play against each other...and and and...

cmon. fix this stuff ASAP. its hardcore annoying.

lucinvampire
7th May 2014, 08:21
By the power of the Elder God I managed to make a team prior to entering a Lobby last night! The first couple of attempts kept dropping people randomly when we made it to a Lobby but on the third attempt it worked – and it was like heaven :D No more jumping in and out of Lobbies (hopefully) trying to find one with enough space…so so so happy :D ...just really hoping this wasn't a one off :p

EDIT (8 May): Ok I spoke too soon yesterday in rejoicing at the state of the Lobbies...last night I had major issues in that people couldn’t accept my invites (both in the Party bit before Lobby stage or in an actual Lobby). I also kept receiving the “Lobby has been shutdown” message when trying to accept their invites into Lobbies or it would just sit there and do nothing and not allow me to join or not even give an error message. At one point I received an error when trying to invite which I've never had before which was "unable to send invite at this time".

…I finally got into a game with a friend and then I got the “Nosgoth has stopped working” message and it kicked me out of the game and I was unable to re-join…it was a bad Nosgoth night last night…but that’s another story lol.

EDIT 2 (9 May): After lots of invite issues (same as the previous night)...the main revelation from last night was…

We had quite a few issues with Partying up before a Lobby in that it wouldn’t let people join all the time – and it would work once and you could go off and find a Lobby together – but then if you decided to move Lobbies after the match and you tried to invite your friends again to the Party it wouldn’t work! When it didn’t work we found that after you’ve exited the Lobby and are back at the search screen where you’ve been split up again – all the people who are wanting to return to your party – need to exit Nosgoth and then sign in again…it would then allow the Party invites to work again :D. It’s a bit of a pain and everyone has to log out – we tried the inviter logging out and the invitees logging out – it tended to only work if we all did it but sometimes if one or two of us logged out it would work but not all the time.

…not the best solution or saying it’ll work for you – it’s just what we found and I thought I’d share to hopefully relieve some peoples stress :D

EDIT 3 (15 May): I had an issue last night where I could only invite people to Party/Lobby but I couldn’t join anyone who invited me…the option was greyed out/not selectable - so couldn't even click it. A friend also has had the issue since the last patch…it’s not fun.

Talonos
25th May 2014, 01:08
When I join or invite to a party it goes through steam which is fine... If we play a game together and leave the lobby it kicks us out of the party and sometimes doesn't allow us to re-join into a party without completely exiting out of the game.

Blastin_Foolz
26th May 2014, 12:06
Right before the game begins, it auto balances my friend around and we end up being forced to rip eachother apart while we're in TeamSpeak 3 together.

Any idea(s) why?

RainaAudron
26th May 2014, 12:10
You have to sent him an invite to be in party together so you won´t get split.

DForce
26th May 2014, 23:18
I have run into this problem where 2 of our 3 man party will be on one team and the 3rd gets put on the other team, to fix this we all have to leave and try again. This can get very annoying and tedious.

Blastin_Foolz
27th May 2014, 03:44
You have to sent him an invite to be in party together so you won´t get split.

Please don't give me those types of answers. Next you'll tell me to turn it off and then on again.

We had 4 guys in a party, the leader starts searching for a match and then it splits us up, usually throwing one of us on the opposition's side.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does. More often than not, it does and is very, very, VERY irritating.

RainaAudron
27th May 2014, 09:03
Please don't give me those types of answers. Next you'll tell me to turn it off and then on again.

We had 4 guys in a party, the leader starts searching for a match and then it splits us up, usually throwing one of us on the opposition's side.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does. More often than not, it does and is very, very, VERY irritating.

You did not specify whether you were in a party already or not in your OP. If it splits you, you were not in a party together.
The party can get sometimes broken even when displaying you are still in it. Only a new invite or a restart will help in that case.

Blastin_Foolz
27th May 2014, 10:28
If it splits you, you were not in a party together.
The party can get sometimes broken even when displaying you are still in it. Only a new invite or a restart will help in that case.

Logic.

Hopefully it will be looked at considerably before release. It's definitely one of the more frustrating bugs, right behind the typing in chat in-game where 'Enter' doesn't actually close the box after sending the message.

Sanguise23
27th May 2014, 13:28
ok good to report the bug, but until its FIXed just watch for the change if the person moved to another team leaves and rejoins team via friends list its solved. easy peasy

lucinvampire
27th May 2014, 13:42
I've used the Party invite recently (the ones prior to joining a Lobby) and noticed sometimes we get split also - for the most part we remain as a team but maybe 1 in 10 games we get shuffled and split up in the last moments.

RazielWarmonic
27th May 2014, 16:59
Logic.

Hopefully it will be looked at considerably before release. It's definitely one of the more frustrating bugs, right behind the typing in chat in-game where 'Enter' doesn't actually close the box after sending the message.

Matchmaking is being completely redone for open beta release. Parties are a bit broken at the moment, but they are looking at matchmaking/lobby fixes before party fixes. They are on the way, don't fret, but you just have to give it time when there are more gameplay breaking bugs that need to be fixed first.

As a side note, I've had my parties split up recently too. To fix this I just leave the lobby and rejoin on the friend. It's a little bothersome but not irritating imo. Playing against friends can be fun, as well!

As for the chatbox thing, again, minor issue at the moment that with time will get fixed. We have to remember this game is only 16? weeks into closed beta and it needs a lot of love and attention. :)

Saranjivac
29th May 2014, 12:59
Here is how things are in my experience, at the moment, the direct invite while you are in a lobby works, but if you invite each other and than queue up for a lobby, you LOOK like you are together and party says so as well, but once the countdown starts at least one person is in the opposite team.

Than if he rejoins on a party member, someone else ends up in the other team on countdown...etc until everyone rejoins on 1 person directly.

Don't ask me why its like that but it is.

Hopstar
1st Jun 2014, 00:13
Hi, when i wanne play with a friend he can't join my party. i can join a otherfriends, that he also can't join.

Any idea?

lucinvampire
1st Jun 2014, 17:54
Hi, when i wanne play with a friend he can't join my party. i can join a otherfriends, that he also can't join.

Any idea?

I have this issue also - either you need to initiate the Party and then everyone can join you - or your friends will have to form the Party and enter a Lobby and then invite you - you should then be able to accept the invite (this still can be buggy though).

Sanguise23
2nd Jun 2014, 14:03
and sometimes you have to all restart nosgoth

UM_Corsair
15th Jun 2014, 19:16
I keep getting disconnected from the game whenever I try to play with my friends. We're in lobby and the countdown goes, then I just get kicked to the News screen as soon as it starts to load. I'm then unable to accept any invites from my friends to rejoin the game and have to close the game and attempt to join from the Steam client, which also doesn't work every time.

InfiniteAxis
16th Jun 2014, 20:34
Tried to play a couple matches with some friends only to be met with difficulties in getting the party together, and then being dumped into entirely separate matches if more than one of us even managed to get into a match at all. We were grouped up before searching, and then clicked search, and it looked as though it put us all in the same lobby, and then the screen refreshed and I was in a full lobby and they were booted back to the base search lobby with a message about No servers currently available for play.

Tarenthar
16th Jun 2014, 21:54
Hello everyone, first post for me on here. I finally got my friend to try this game last night and we had an absolute blast for about 6 games. Unfortunately the last game we played for some reason put us on opposite teams. Easy to say I could barely even play because of how lame it felt.

Is this a bug with the party feature? People in a pre-made party aren't supposed to be split up I hope, I am apprehensive to party up again :/

Sanguise23
16th Jun 2014, 21:59
its a bug watch for the switch when countdown starts then have friends leave and rejoin off you. if your playing with three friends this could happen three times but joining of friends list works every time

Tarenthar
16th Jun 2014, 22:15
its a bug watch for the switch when countdown starts then have friends leave and rejoin off you. if your playing with three friends this could happen three times but joining of friends list works every time

Thanks a lot for the response, we will be on the lookout for it. I'm glad it is a bug, we both got really frustrated when it happened.

Metalmeyer
17th Jun 2014, 11:36
Before the latest patch came out I got seperated with my friend 70% matches. Now we always play in one team even if we are not in party

Sanguise23
17th Jun 2014, 12:38
Thanks a lot for the response, we will be on the lookout for it. I'm glad it is a bug, we both got really frustrated when it happened.
no problem

Zendeman
23rd Jun 2014, 14:37
How can I play with 3 of my friends in party if game keeps mixing teams so that we can't play together ?
It's pretty annoying, it's not a party if you can't play together anyway. Is there a solution ?

RainaAudron
23rd Jun 2014, 15:08
You should be able to invite your friends before you search for servers (either through in-game invites or by using Steam overlay). If that doesn't work, find an empty lobby and invite your friends in.

Zendeman
23rd Jun 2014, 16:50
I do invite them to party we are 4 there and we start searching for lobby. People join to the other team and just before game starts matchmaking mixes the teams and most of the times one of my friends is moved to opposite team. This is pointless if it's a party.

Sanguise23
24th Jun 2014, 14:07
have them rejoin you via friends list this fixes it

Allida
24th Jun 2014, 22:13
Yeah we get the same issue from time to time, definitely a bug.. we will join up as a group, and sometimes it will either get stuck saying looking for more players in lobby, even though theres 8/8 there, or other times it will swap us around on different teams. Sometimes if one of us leaves the lobby then back again it does fix it though, or if someone leaves on the other team and people come back.

waterwookie
26th Jun 2014, 04:29
ok so 80% of the time the party system does not work. we send invites to our friends and it will not link us together or when it does it with split us onto diff teams or just kick people out of the party. pls fix :mad:

Pjoden
26th Jun 2014, 13:59
It doesn't work for us either, we have to leave game and rejoin about 20 times to be in the same team.

Syst3mzero
26th Jun 2014, 14:40
Hi peeps, I been gone for a long while but this I may be able to answer.
During Alpha there were few players and the team play worked, however the problem was people wanted to play with their friends.
problem was this meant that those of us who had been playing a while wanted to play together and sometimes this left us with seriously OP teams vs new peeps. they disabled the teams locking so that it would allow us to play in the same games without us all being on 1 team which was a quick fix so new guys wouldn't get trounced quite as hard.

BR0sephStalin
27th Jun 2014, 04:10
Hi peeps, I been gone for a long while but this I may be able to answer.
During Alpha there were few players and the team play worked, however the problem was people wanted to play with their friends.
problem was this meant that those of us who had been playing a while wanted to play together and sometimes this left us with seriously OP teams vs new peeps. they disabled the teams locking so that it would allow us to play in the same games without us all being on 1 team which was a quick fix so new guys wouldn't get trounced quite as hard.

Well that is stupid. If I'm playing with friends I want to actually be playing WITH them.

Syst3mzero
27th Jun 2014, 20:52
Well that is stupid. If I'm playing with friends I want to actually be playing WITH them.

I think you missed the point, my point was it was introduced for a good reason, I'm sure once they decide that their are enough players (or when they get round to it) they will allow you to lock teams again.

For now find the fun in slapping your friends around, I have had many fun hours shooting my friends in the crotch and having some friendly smack talk. the big advantage is when you play sometimes against and sometimes with a friend you really learn how they play and when you end up on the same team you can predict their moves better and co-ordinate more effectively to be twice as deadly.

like I said, sure they will re-enable it and I don't think it will be long now.

Enviel
29th Jun 2014, 09:39
When me and my friends are inviting each other, in 9 of 10 cases it says "Unable to join friends lobby"/"unable to connect" and etc., but when we are able to gather and trying to find a game, it says "Error, currently all servers are full". And what is wrong with your party making system? If i create a premade, it means, that i actually want to play with my party members IN THE SAME TEAM, not versus them. Can't attach screenshots atm, will do that later if needed.

FireWorks_
29th Jun 2014, 14:21
This is a pretty fragile system at the moment, that gets broken very easily and often requires game restarts, sometimes even twice. So call it a big piece of ...

Following these steps should work in most cases:
All of you launch the game.
The designated party leader invites all others via right click/invite on ingame friendslist.
It takes about 10 seconds for all players to show up in the party.
Then you start to look for a new lobby/match.

If you encounter any bugs, its best to restart the game, all of you.

If you are only 2 or 3 guys, you can also join the player already in a lobby. But again, this can get broken easily and require restarts.

Ok forget the stuff i wrote before.

I am trying to play with friends in this minute and its simply impossible.
"no servers available", a loop of joining/authentication or not even getting into a party at all

Roawrer
29th Jun 2014, 20:08
no server avaiable or loop for the past 2 hours trying to find fixes can't find ANYTHINg

Flynn_Gaming
30th Jun 2014, 12:58
Hello everyone,

Usually, I can party with my friends who play the game and team up together with no problems. However, I think just recently, whenever I party with my friends, we keep ending up on the opposite of teams when we queue into a lobby.

I'm not sure if this is a known bug/issue which it should be, but I am just sharing a bug to let everyone know that this might be happening for some people ~

Cheers,
Flynn_gaming aka Flynn

HeavenlyCrow
1st Jul 2014, 00:24
I got this game during the steam summer sale because it looked cool. The game itself is awesome and I'm having tons of fun playing both sides, plus as far as I can see everything is fairly balanced. Some of my friends started playing too, but here is where I ran into problems. The whole lobby/party/matchmaking system seems to be hopelessly broken right now.

When searching games one is regularly thrown out of the queue and told "There are no servers available". This happens regardless of server load as stated here (http://www.nosgoth.com/servers)
If this happens when queuing with a party of friends, the party is split up and can't form again until everybody restarts the game
Inviting friends into your party oftentimes does not work
Joining into games where a friend is playing and which have 1 or 2 free player slots often fails
Joining into lobbies with friend sometimes fails
Rarely the eight player slot in a match will never be available and it's a permanent 3v4
Rarely when playing as a party a party member will be assigned to the opposing team

Of course I have no idea how matchmaking is handled by Nosgoth, but I have a bit of knowledge about coding lobbies and it just appears to be done very poorly at the moment. As amazing as the gameplay itself is, playing with more than two people can be exceedingly annoying, as the time required to actually get everybody into a match seems to increase exponentially with the size of the group. I understand this is still closed beta, but proper matchmaking is just such an integral part of the experience as a whole that I'm quite amazed it was left in such a broken state until now.

So, what I am asking, is this scheduled to be fixed any time soon and is there any place where it is possible to see the priority list of the devs, or upcoming features/fixes ?
Furthermore, does anybody know some sort of trick or workaround to play as a group in the current system? The most reliable way to get into a game seems to be having one person join a lobby and everybody join after them, but finding a lobby with 4 free slots usually takes a bit.

Razaiim
1st Jul 2014, 01:23
Matchmaking is currently done client side through steam. Psyonix are in the process of totally rewriting the match maker, lobbies and party system.
Here is post : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13344

lucinvampire
15th Jul 2014, 17:59
The Party chat system is sometimes displaying the same person multiple times…either that or some people have the ability to clone themselves :lol:

Voxyld
15th Jul 2014, 18:49
Yeah, for now making 4 people go together in a lobby is a pain in the .... i often get the message authentication failed then "unable to join friend's lobby" and then i must restart the game.
If not either I cannot join them, the game just doesn't even try or else the game throw me in a random lobby when i say join O_o

Captain3009
16th Jul 2014, 16:56
Yeah, for now making 4 people go together in a lobby is a pain in the .... i often get the message authentication failed then "unable to join friend's lobby" and then i must restart the game.
If not either I cannot join them, the game just doesn't even try or else the game throw me in a random lobby when i say join O_o

Indeed, I have just experienced the same and that several times.:(

Seelia
20th Jul 2014, 10:28
A group of friends recently bought the vampire founder pack so we could play co-op together, which has turned out to be almost impossible. Here's a list of our problems:

- It is very difficult to get into the same party. Whenever someone invites it's usually only possible for one person to join him. For everyone else the authentication usually times out at 15 seconds. (I say usually because we have gotten it to work a couple of times by being persistent but this is time consuming)

- When we join a lobby as a party we immediately get split up anyway to balance the amount of people in each team.

- If the game crashes for one of us, and we leave the lobby in order to join up again, the remaining party is disbanded. This is unnecessary and means we have to go through the invite process again.

Look, I've fallen in love with this game. Whenever we're playing I forget all of these problems and just have fun. But then the game ends and we have to deal with the party system again... Please, please fix it so we can fully enjoy Nosgoth.

NickTsiou
20th Jul 2014, 11:17
Try joining through steam, it has a higher percentage of success than joining via Nosgoth....

Uthier
22nd Jul 2014, 01:08
Greetings everyone!
Hoping i am posting in the right forum about this, but as of late the party system went completely nuts, and if earlier it was somehow manageable, right now getting into a party of 3-4 people works on some kind of voodoo magic and if you get to start a game as a party someone from it will allways get transfered to another team, making it impossible to play as 4 together, even as 3. This is not a rant, i undestand the game is in beta, but i managed to get around 10-11 people to play this game, but most of them just dropped it since we can't play together and getting into a party is a painful minigame as of the moment.

What i am trying to say is, since we all love this game a lot, (and i really,really do) the idea is to get as many people testing it and getting into it, and it's reeaaally damn hard with this party system. So the only thing i am hoping that the devs are getting the party system and such as a main priority at the moment and working on releasing or patching it as fast as possible.

Haroux
26th Jul 2014, 09:15
Hi everyone,

I have a question, is it possible to create a party of 8 players ( so basically me inviting 7 friends before searching for a game) and be able to fill out all the 8 slots for a game ?

Since i will have a LAN party in a few weeks, i wanted to know if it was possible ?

RainaAudron
26th Jul 2014, 10:31
The party system only supports up to 4 members.

Haroux
26th Jul 2014, 11:38
Thank you for the fast reply !

But then it's awkward that the game lets you invite more than 3 friends into a party

RainaAudron
26th Jul 2014, 11:44
You are welcome. Does it really let you? Every time I try to join a party of more than 3, I get the message "host party is full".

Haroux
26th Jul 2014, 11:58
Well we tried and reached 7 players on a party, that's why i asked for the 8 players party

RainaAudron
26th Jul 2014, 12:01
I see, well if it worked for you, then I assume it is possible.

Haroux
26th Jul 2014, 12:28
Maybe i wasn't clear enought. I mean we reached 7 players on a party before searching a game and when we tried to find a match we got a message saying " you're too much for that game mode " and since we weren't able to reach 8 players. But i'm gonna try to find that extra player and come back here to report if it's possible to fill a game with only friend

RainaAudron
26th Jul 2014, 12:40
Oh ok, well I only ever reached max party of 4, so sorry that I can´t help.

Haroux
26th Jul 2014, 12:58
No it's ok ! =)

I'm glad to see that we can get pretty fast replies :D

And it's still in beta so :)

RainaAudron
26th Jul 2014, 13:20
Cool then :) (I browse the forums quite frequently :p ) Yeah, true. I am really looking forward to the new matchmaking system.

Theshadow869
2nd Aug 2014, 16:04
Hi,
When I make a party or am invited to another's party, we connect correctly and are shown to be in a party; however, when we then attempt to enter a match, the player who is not hosting is told that they have a 'server error' and are disconnected. We are both set to the same region and can connect normally on other games and live in the same county. When I attempt to join another's match, unless it is full I am put in a completely different match (and vice-versa), and of course when their match is full I am just redirected to the main screen. This is a shame as we really want to play together and can form a team by ourselves. Can anyone help, is this a widespread problem, our issue or Nosgoths or Steams, please help!

RainaAudron
2nd Aug 2014, 19:45
Did you try to invite him after you found a lobby? I´d also try to connect via the "join game" option when clicking on your friend.

Theshadow869
3rd Aug 2014, 10:55
Done both of those, don't work. I have two friends who play Nosgoth, and I cant connect to either of them, and they cant connect to eachother.

Serenum
4th Aug 2014, 10:31
I often get into a party with a friend of mine but when we start looking for a game we either get divided in opposing teams or even sometimes sent to two different games.

Also, whenever the party is broken because of us being sent to two different games or having to exit a match before it starts because it won't let us play together, we find ourselves unable to re-form the party* and have to restart the game before trying.

*we get a message to the effect of "unable to connect to host" or "the host party is full" or we even get directly sent to a game (even when both of us are in the lobby) without clicking "play", with the loading screen sometimes displaying 5vs5 ò_O

DanielRysse123
4th Aug 2014, 20:11
i have now seen your new update list it all looks very cool :cool: but there is one thing i dont like and this is what im talking about:scratch:

Party Balancing

- In significantly unbalanced matches, player parties will now be split up amongst teams to achieve a better balance. This will only happen if the average rank of one team is at least 10 ranks higher than that of their opponents, and will typically only affect larger parties (3-4 people). You will be notified in lobby chat when this occurs.
- Parties will still be kept together in all other circumstances. You will not be split up against evenly matched opponents.

soo what you are saying, if my team of guys witch is my freinds btw is better then the other team we are not allow to play together what kind of **** is that sorry i can not go in for that sorry no can do :mad::mad::mad:

PencileyePirate
4th Aug 2014, 20:16
Ten ranks better is pretty significant considering we're talking about team average. In most scenarios you probably won't have your party broken up.

Necro71
4th Aug 2014, 20:25
There will be more quitters becouse of party splitting. When people will get split they will just leave couse they dont wanna to play against each other.

RazeluxeRex
4th Aug 2014, 21:07
Anyone else getting this when trying to make a party?

Psyonix_Corey
4th Aug 2014, 21:38
Please bear with us, we're having some technical issues getting the party servers up and running.

LoXilin
5th Aug 2014, 00:50
I have been trying to invite friends to my party and we keep getting that message. We have also tried inviting whilst in a game lobby and whilst at home.

SixieV
5th Aug 2014, 00:53
I think the party split is great. Yesterday a friend and I kept having to switch lobbies because a party of four 40s kept following us and they were so unfair to play against because as lower levels we didn't have a chance against them and they seemed to take pleasure and making lowers suffer. Its nice they wont be able to do that anymore.

SublteTom
5th Aug 2014, 04:46
I am getting the same issue. Along with 2 of my other buddies. Couldn't form a group whatsoever.

FireWorks_
5th Aug 2014, 09:24
I think the party split is great. Yesterday a friend and I kept having to switch lobbies because a party of four 40s kept following us and they were so unfair to play against because as lower levels we didn't have a chance against them and they seemed to take pleasure and making lowers suffer. Its nice they wont be able to do that anymore.

Keep in mind they cant look for specific lobbies. They cannot intentionally follow you.

As long as there are only few players looking, youll all get put in the same lobby. It often helps to just wait a few minutes and hope they get matched with others. This will likely avoid you facing them for a while. Not much fun for others though:/

PS: I lose more matches with only 40s on my team than on average simply because some old friends enjoy the game. And they are worse than any average casual could ever be. :D All despite equipment and experience etc. Dont be afraid of numbers.

Floipd
5th Aug 2014, 13:24
So after this new party system being implemented me and my brother can no longer play together. Whereas before the last update we could easily join each other´s games, if we try to do so now it will say something about not being on the party servers.

Just throwing it out there, but the update thus actually ´removed´ making a party for us altogether.
If you have the same problems and/or know a way around or to solve this please leave a comment to bring this under the attention.

-Floipd

RainaAudron
5th Aug 2014, 13:33
Party system has been disabled for now I believe.

Muwfinsh
5th Aug 2014, 13:47
Dear square Enix,

my brother and I recently bought Nosgoth and it''s really fun to play. but, there are some major issues which I think should be fixed as soon as possible, and shouldn't even be there.

1. the party system
the 'better' party system which I know, is still in Beta, and should now "run smoother" doesn't work at all any more. whenever I try to invite or join my bro, I get a message saying that I can't join or invite him because I am not on the party server. what is this magical "party server" and how and why do you need to be on there?? I find this very irritating and I feel like this should be solved A.S.A.P.

2. matchmaking
The matchmaking and lobbies work, sometimes. but most of the time they're really wonky and they crash, lag, act weird or just don't work. For example: I click on play and select the mode where you play with people below rank 10 and the game starts looking for a match. I join a match, but as soon as there are 8 players, it just changes some people from team, starts counting down, reaches 0, changes some people from team again, starts counting down again and the whole process repeats. Not only is this annoying, it often also crashes my game.

The matchmaking for people below rank 10 sometimes ( I guess when there aren't enough players ) puts you in a match with people of rank 10 and above.

When I sometimes join a lobby and the countdown is over, the match should start, but the game just crashes.

there is another issue which I don't know for sure is a bug/flaw. The matchmaking takes too long to join. It says "authenticating..." or "joining match...", but doesnt actually join a match. Maybe this is because someone else joins the game before me so I can't or there's something else going on? I don't know

I hope these problems will be solved soon so that I can actually form a party and kick some vampire/human booty!

-Muwfinsh

Unmercey87
5th Aug 2014, 14:05
same problem here, i cannot join with my friends, it give me this error message: you are courrently not connected to party server, please try again later. what's the matter?

Peengoo
5th Aug 2014, 14:38
Same here. we're 4 ppl, just perfect for a party but doesn't work just like these guys are saying. In the meantime we're not playing alone. loses all the fun. Please fix this

-Konf-
5th Aug 2014, 14:47
Was just going to make a thread about how party system doesn't work at all any more, and noticed this one.

Experiencing same problems, not able to run games with friends at all.

Peengoo
5th Aug 2014, 14:57
Worth looking at this too
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=15305

Divine_Slaughter
5th Aug 2014, 15:20
It's a really poor job to replace a working with a NOT working system... you should manage to at least have the old working system as a back up for the current case, that the new one isn't working... I get more and more annoyed, I have limited free time and in that I want to play my friends.

Since I got nothing to do for this week I hoped to play Nosgoth, so I bought a booster which didn't work for several days, days which I lost because I won't be able to use the remaining time on my booster next week... so already good job there (sarcasm). And now this... I don't like playing with "randoms" and expected to be able to play with my friends, but now this is not working either.... seems like I wasted my time with a game with so many not functioning features.

Beta phase is not a excuse for not double checking systems before implementing them, or charging money for items which I functioning delayed.

Peengoo
5th Aug 2014, 15:49
Party system has been disabled for now I believe.

Can you confirm this? I will not play with random ppl. The whole fun was with my friends. So if it's disabled "for now" I won't keep looking at the forums/twitter for updates and open the game to check if it works or not but play something else and stop wasting time.

We know it's a beta version and appreciate your efforts so far. It feels like a great game. A bit more transparency would be nice. After all we pay to play.

KDmP_Raze
5th Aug 2014, 16:14
The patch also said that the party will be split up if ranks are to far apart...

Does a players rank really have anything to do with how good they are?
This really is a let down because Nosgoth should be focused on teamplay. So in order to make more balanced matches they will SPLIT UP YOUR TEAM. Guys, you really shouldn't split up a premade. Just have us wait longer to queue us up with other teams or properly ranked players ( if ranks matter).
I know that this is just a quick fix until the MMR system is in place. But splitting up our parties pretty much has stopped my and my friends from playing. We want to play together. We aren't that good either. We lose about half our matches.

PLEASE DON'T SPLIT UP PARTIES! Just queue us with other parties, similar to dota 2's system.

Also on a side note. The voice chat in nosgoth needs serious work. Everyone has to set voice volume at max and everything else to 5% to hear each other, then it's hit or miss since the quality is bad.

This game needs quality voice chat and a way to mute players. CSGO has a good mechanic for the UI in game for reporting, muting, and commending players.

RainaAudron
5th Aug 2014, 16:17
Can you confirm this? I will not play with random ppl. The whole fun was with my friends. So if it's disabled "for now" I won't keep looking at the forums/twitter for updates and open the game to check if it works or not but play something else and stop wasting time.

It was not working yesterday, but I have heard the parties have been enabled again.

Peengoo
5th Aug 2014, 16:23
Thanks for your reply. We're getting "You're not connected to a Party Server" every time one of us tries to invite the other.

RainaAudron
5th Aug 2014, 17:18
Yeah, just got a word that apparently it is still very buggy and it might work when you set up a party in advance... but can´t guarantee anything. Sorry about that :/

RazeluxeRex
5th Aug 2014, 17:24
Checking in again today, still getting the same message when trying to invite other people to party. Hope this gets resolved soon.

Sanguise23
5th Aug 2014, 17:37
while i like to play with friends i find myself soloing more and more often to give newbies a better chance and its fine. more often i dominate against them even with newbs on my team still kinda torn about splitting up teams but its better to keep newer players interested i think

KesociaOfficial
5th Aug 2014, 17:42
So I just like most people is having problem with the party system getting the message saying I am not connected to the party server, how ever in the mail it tells me that parties are up and running but yet I am still unable to add my friends to a party and jump into a game of Nosgoth. I don't know what you guys are doing currently to fix this issue but I hope it could be fixed within a day or two, because I had no problem with the previous party system... and this one is really screwed up... if it is fixed, then please tell me how to connect to the party servers.:(

Dephloc
5th Aug 2014, 18:02
Most everyone I've talked to is having issues with it, and it's about to go into free weekend?? I hope it gets fixed soon...
http://imgur.com/rQWzdt8

FireWorks_
5th Aug 2014, 18:56
You found people that could use it? You mean it works for some?

Dephloc
5th Aug 2014, 19:04
Only one, his party system doesn't work but he is able to get consistent good/full games.. Whereas I, get 4v2 or 3v1 games.

FireWorks_
5th Aug 2014, 20:05
So now after trying with friends on mumble

-Neither of us can invite the others. "Currently not connected to party server bla"
-Neither of us can join the others that are already in a lobby. "Currently not connected to party server bla"
-Searching at the same time (oldschool!) doesnt work as we get match to different lobbies. One always seems to end up as 8th player to sub a leaver...

No way of playing together, we gave up after 40mins. We didnt even got into the same lobby.

Bones1344
5th Aug 2014, 20:34
I saw on the patch notes that now you split up parties if they're ranks are too high compared to the other team's members. While this seems like a pretty fair way of balancing, there are some highly concerning errors with this.

First of all, I bought the 4-pack on Steam so that I and my three friends could play on a team together and have fun. Basically what this does is if we play too much and get too good, we'll be punished for it and unable to play together.

Second of all, this basically eliminates team-based and competitive gameplay by not allowing organized teams to play together.

The game seems fun, but to me, gaming with friends is even more fun. And sure, sometimes I have fun playing against my friends, but most of the time I enjoy playing WITH my friends and working together to beat other people.

In my opinion, you should really rethink the idea of party-splitting. While I do agree that in a lobby with no parties it should balance the teams more by rank, you shouldn't split up parties. The party system is designed to allow organized gaming to keep the group together, and make it easier to join the same game, not just throw you randomly on teams in a lobby.

Sanguise23
5th Aug 2014, 20:56
i doubt its permanent, as this is a beta i think its fine to split parties for now (tough for me to say as i like playing with friends also) 10 lv average isnt too bad, that said i understand where your coming from

Psyonix-Greg
5th Aug 2014, 21:48
The party server is still offline while we fix a number of issues. You can still play games and do all the other Nosgothy stuff you were previously doing, you just can't party up at this moment. Please be patient. Thanks.

FireWorks_
6th Aug 2014, 07:35
Ok, sorry then, I was under the impression it got online way earlier and that we are suffering from a bug. Thanks for the heads up.

Vercadi
6th Aug 2014, 13:47
This is getting annoying, it's been 2 days since patch... I loosing time on my boosters and my EQ when the party system isn't working. ( and no, I won't be playing solo.)

Do you even have an ETA?

FireWorks_
6th Aug 2014, 14:38
I havent read anything official but I was able to party up with a friend in the last few hours.

Hop on the server and give it a try if you got the chance.

Dezolator
6th Aug 2014, 14:41
I have a problem with making a party or even joining a friend when he's ingame. Every time i want to invite or join a friend it says:"You are currently not connected to the party server, please try again later." I have 3 friend who play Nosgoth but all of them don't get the error. I hope you can help me soon or fix it at all if it's the problem of more users.

greetings Dezolator

Sanguise23
6th Aug 2014, 16:16
i believe party making is intentionally down ATM

Unmercey87
6th Aug 2014, 16:21
i hope they will fix this before double exp weekend

Saikocat
6th Aug 2014, 16:24
We're working on clearing this up, and are rolling out the party matchmaking servers. More news shortly!

lucinvampire
6th Aug 2014, 19:46
I really want to be able to play with friends again, I hope they sort this party thing asap!

Captain3009
6th Aug 2014, 19:49
yep, here too, can't join and can't invite friends. It's totaly not working. :( I hope it is working when this super weekend begins.
I'm lokated in the EU. (Belgium)

Gamedesign0r
7th Aug 2014, 01:11
Same here, todays patch did NOT help, pls fix this fast >_<

Psyonix_Corey
7th Aug 2014, 01:23
Hi guys,

It's working for some and not others. We're investigating.

SALTYYY
7th Aug 2014, 10:05
Still recieving this message when attempting to send an invite after the "hotfix". Cannot recieve invites. Would like to be able to play with friends on free weekend.

edit: put quotation marks around the term "hotfix" to emphasize that this is sort of frustrating.

Gamedesign0r
7th Aug 2014, 11:07
Found out that it works sometimes, about 3% :( How can this happen?

Voxyld
7th Aug 2014, 11:09
I'm playing on eu servers, and i cannot use the party system, i alays get the error messge "you are not connected to the party servers" or something if i try to join a friend. I did not test to invite or to be invietd for now.

Penispumppu
7th Aug 2014, 12:38
This game worked "better" yesterday. Now I can't even join normal games, and inviting a friend to a same lobby is impossible. Way to go, how about you'll cancel the free weekend? Probably wont get any players if someone new plays this pre-alpha game.

Sanguise23
7th Aug 2014, 13:14
"pre alpha", way to go? whats with the attitude, there are always problems after patches on BETA games (well a on alot of them) thats why it BETA, they have said they dont have these problems on their side which makes it harder to correct, chill out

Vercadi
7th Aug 2014, 13:18
Seriously what the fudge is going on, isn't this the fourth day now and still no fix. This is getting pathetic.

Nosgoth sucks playing alone, and I want to play with my friends, but no can do.

Time limited spells and boosters still loses their time. I really hope you will have some kind of compensation for this.

When are you planning on fixing this?

I play on EU if that means anything.

trickerino
7th Aug 2014, 13:21
"pre alpha", way to go? whats with the attitude, there are always problems after patches on BETA games (well a on alot of them) thats why it BETA, they have said they dont have these problems on their side which makes it harder to correct, chill out

While I dont agree with his attitude, he has a point.
Game is multiplayer only and multiplayer is broken.
Doing a free weekend is supposed to attract new players.
When said new players try to test the game and play with their friends, and after trying and trying they keep failing, what do you think their opinion will be?
It's going to drive a lot of new (and old) players away.

Finally, you can't release a patch and proudly announce in the log that party system was fixed, when it absolutely wantn't.

Sanguise23
7th Aug 2014, 13:26
they are working on the party system, they are not having this problem on their side which makes it hard to fix, playing solo isnt so bad i do it alot lately and still have great matches

Sanguise23
7th Aug 2014, 13:29
i agree they shouldnt have a free weekend right after a patch (due to problems after patches) they should do it when things are running properly, my issues is some peolples attitude, if poster had dropped the two things i quoted i would have no issue with his post

Penispumppu
7th Aug 2014, 13:30
I play on EU and I'm sick and tired of this bs. I totally agree with op, we need some compensation because of this. Free weekend coming up and party system does not work at all. They probably test the game on monkeys or whatever, at least it looks like that.

Sanguise23
7th Aug 2014, 13:35
if you have boosters i think you should get compensated but abilities nah....

Peengoo
7th Aug 2014, 14:00
The main thing is that every beta-game has a lot of issues to be fixed and we all understand that. As an example, I always choose my abilities at the start of a battle because it doesn't save the loadouts but that's something that still allows you to play the game. I've seen bugs and almost all of them still made the game playable. However, with this issue, I can't play with my friends which is the only thing that really bugs me. So I'm not playing anymore until this is fixed and this causes frustration. I'm guessing his reply came from frustration and I do understand it.

I think that these types of comments only emphasize the importance and urgency of this bug.

Penispumppu
7th Aug 2014, 14:27
Exactly, I used a bit too rough language I admit that, but this is just so frustrating. Only reason why I play Nosgoth is to have fun with a good group of people (that just happen to be my friends in TS) I just hope they could fix this, and somehow I believe they're doing the best they can :/

SixieV
7th Aug 2014, 14:35
What kind of compensation are you looking for? The game is still in Beta there are going to be problems. Everyone knows this going into it.

Party does not work but the game is still playable. And 70% of the time my friends are able to join the same lobby I'm in even if we're not on the same team by queing up manually. Go play and have your fun!

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 14:57
What kind of compensation are you looking for? The game is still in Beta there are going to be problems. Everyone knows this going into it.

No mate, beta argument is invalid here. If they can charge for items, they are expected to have them work and to be used properly. Whatever money is involved in this, they are entitled to proper compensation.

That said, I found the customer support to handle this professionally. It took a while (when the last game breaking was months ago) but was handled to my full satisfaction.

Saikocat
7th Aug 2014, 15:08
Easy, guys. I can understand it is frustrating to run into issues, believe me, but we are working very hard to ensure everything is ironed out. We ran the patch last night for party matchmaking issues, and made some adjustments (server side) today too.

If you're still having an issue with party matchmaking, please reply with what time that happened (and what time zone you're in) and ideally your name (in-game) as well. Then we can use that while we're investigating further.

I want to stress that if you're experiencing issues, clearing that up is top priority for us, and we're keeping a close eye on things and working very hard to make sure you guys all get the best possible experience.

Penispumppu
7th Aug 2014, 15:20
+2 gmt

Between 14.50-18.00 I haven't had a single succesful invite with a bunch of different friends. Always the same message "you're not currently connected to the party server" We all have different ISP.

SixieV
7th Aug 2014, 15:46
No mate, beta argument is invalid here. If they can charge for items, they are expected to have them work and to be used properly. Whatever money is involved in this, they are entitled to proper compensation.

That said, I found the customer support to handle this professionally. It took a while (when the last game breaking was months ago) but was handled to my full satisfaction.

A lot of games charge money these days for Early Access while in Beta. Some much more than Nosgoth. If you purchase the game you go into it knowing things aren't always going to be smooth and the game you buy into may not be the same as the game that goes live. It's a risk, we essentially are paying testers.

I understand the frustration but no need for the pissy attitudes. Just pass the information along and try to be patient. Hopefully they'll iron it out soon.

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 16:37
A lot of games charge money these days for Early Access while in Beta. Some much more than Nosgoth. If you purchase the game you go into it knowing things aren't always going to be smooth and the game you buy into may not be the same as the game that goes live. It's a risk, we essentially are paying testers.

I understand the frustration but no need for the pissy attitudes. Just pass the information along and try to be patient. Hopefully they'll iron it out soon.

The access is not the issue discussed. Access is granted, contract fullfilled.

Its the boosters and other items that run out, while the game is not running for them. Square as publisher did a good job when the last game breaking issue was present, and I am sure they will keep up their good policy towards their costumers.

I agree with the tone, I just felt you showed the same attitude by canceling off their problem with a flat business phrase (that is wrong from a legal and moral standpoint). And that gets me mad very fast :)

Peengoo
7th Aug 2014, 16:58
"not connected to the party server" when I try to invite ppl.

7:57 PM local time (or 5:57 UK time).

In game username ... if you must know is "CockInAss" and I'm not joking.

Fingers crossed for a fix soon :)

Kentaro
7th Aug 2014, 17:15
It's not fixed at all. I have this problem during the whole day. =(
Even after patch I could play with the friend only once.

+4 GMT

SixieV
7th Aug 2014, 17:49
The access is not the issue discussed. Access is granted, contract fullfilled.

Its the boosters and other items that run out, while the game is not running for them. Square as publisher did a good job when the last game breaking issue was present, and I am sure they will keep up their good policy towards their costumers.

I agree with the tone, I just felt you showed the same attitude by canceling off their problem with a flat business phrase (that is wrong from a legal and moral standpoint). And that gets me mad very fast :)

Not canceling anyone's problem. I'm not able to play with my friends either and yes it sucks, but I understand the game is still in Beta, not perfect condition and stuff is going to happen which is my point. They've said repeatedly they are working on it so what more do people want? Is making entitled, attitude filled posts that are oozing sarcasm supposed to make the devs work faster?

BroodTheBuster
7th Aug 2014, 17:50
I'm getting a message saying that I am not connected to party serves and so are all of my friends. It was working fine until last night around 11pm Cmt. Still not working today. Account name: GeorgeClooneyInFromDuskTillDawn.

Psyonix-Greg
7th Aug 2014, 18:23
Lets keep this thread on track please. We are working on the party server issue. We tried a hotfix last night that was to alleviate some of the issues communicating with Steam but it didn't seem to be successful. We're on the case and should have something shortly. What I would like to know is if anyone was having success with the party system last night and then they woke up to it failing? Thanks for your patience.

Toughnerd
7th Aug 2014, 18:48
Whenever I try playing a game it takes forever to find a match then says joining match.... then goes back and it keeps doing this. I want to play the game but I can't even get into a lobby. And then it says there is no servers occasionally, is there really no servers? at all? Or is there anything I can do so I can actually play the game?

Psyonix-Greg
7th Aug 2014, 18:59
Hey all,

Rebooted the party servers which fixed the issue. Deployed a hotfix to keep the issue from returning. Everything works great over here. Let us know if it's working for you!

Vezzaks
7th Aug 2014, 19:27
Still not working for me and my friend( He have a fire in some place (If you understand what I'm talking about :D) and and went to sleep =C That's bad, coz i I wanted to get him in this game and now i can't(

Peengoo
7th Aug 2014, 19:50
Hey all,

Rebooted the party servers which fixed the issue. Deployed a hotfix to keep the issue from returning. Everything works great over here. Let us know if it's working for you!

It does work indeed. Thanks for all your efforts guys!

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 20:03
Hey all,

No joy, no joy.

Restarted steam, got invited, got to an empty lobby as only player. Only party server errors from that point on (after restart the game and other workarounds from the past)

Peengoo
7th Aug 2014, 20:08
It actually worked initially. we got to a party of 3 and while we were trying to get the 4th it didn't anymore.

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. We just managed another time

Psyonix-Greg
7th Aug 2014, 20:20
It was coming online as I typed that so perhaps a reboot of the game and try again. Not sure if there are issues with join or invites from outside the game but it looks like inviting on main menu works flawlessly here. Curious to see your guys' steps to get the error.

Mis-Fire
7th Aug 2014, 20:23
Hi there, Mis-Fire here tried to connect as a party of three in Europe at 8:30pm - 9:20pm EST and had no luck getting either into a party successfully. sometimes we managed to get into what we thought was a party, but once we joined a game it would put whom ever started the party into a game without the other 2. Goodluck guys, hope you get it fixed soon. :)

BroodTheBuster
7th Aug 2014, 20:23
Party system still not working at all.None of my friends can party together properly, sometime it only shows some us in a party, sometimes it puts us in lobby's with only 3 spots open and kicks our 4th to the main menu, most of the time it just doesn't work at all.

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 20:45
It was coming online as I typed that so perhaps a reboot of the game and try again. Not sure if there are issues with join or invites from outside the game but it looks like inviting on main menu works flawlessly here. Curious to see your guys' steps to get the error.

Same as mentioned above. Nothing happens.

I recorded the testing if you want to have a look but I dont think we do anything out of the ordinary: Invite via the ingame right click player list, accept via steam, wait and see that nothing happens. After the first fail, it says no connected to party server.

Can upload you the video though.

Kentaro
7th Aug 2014, 20:50
Have the same problem.
During the whole day it was error about not connecting to the party server.
But now no errors just nothing happens when you are trying to invite friends or they are trying to invite you.

Norroken
7th Aug 2014, 20:52
Getting a similar problem to the rest of the people here. Able to form parties but when it finds a lobby 1 or more people are booted and given an error and the party is disbanded. This was on Europe from 21:00-22:00 GMT.

Phireo
7th Aug 2014, 21:06
Today we successfully connected and played in a party of three. We are in EU, GMT+1. Problem is, as soon as someone left the match, disconnected or if we decided to change gametype, from Siege to Deathmatch, for example. The party would dissolve and we couldn't get or send invites. Restarting the game once: Not connected to the Party Server. Restarting Steam and Game: Still not connected. So, one of us connects to a semi empty game and the other two tried to join. It worked this afternoon, but right now, the one joining sees an empty lobby (just himself) while the one who was already there sees him as if it would be a problem just on the one joining. One of the servers was EU301775. But as soon as the game starts he gets kicked to the lobby. Also, sometimes the party, while searching for a game would just get disbanded and brought to two different games or even just one game and kicking the other one to the lobby. Then a message would pop up saying servers are unavailable, even though they are up. (went to the site it said to check). Hopefully you will fix some of these issues soon and if the problem is with steam, a dedicated SquareEnix or even just Nosgoth system might do the trick, though I know that's a project on its own.

RainaAudron
7th Aug 2014, 21:28
Been trying to party up for hour and a half now to no avail, half the time it gave errors, the other half it send us into totally different lobbies.... :mad:

JTetch
7th Aug 2014, 21:37
Just to clear some things up. If you are receiving any errors that you are not connected to the Party Server, there is an issue with the party server. If you can join a friend but then get lost/split connecting to a game, that is an issue with the matchmaking server but the party server has done it's job. The party server rewrite was supposed to make for a more reliable friend joining experience. It is faster and more reliable than before when forming a party, and it handles leaving and joining other parties gracefully. The issues you see once you hit that 'Search' button lie in another system that we are currently working on. If you are having issues connecting to a friend, reboot the game, wait until you are both on the main menu, invite them and search. The trickier you try and get, the more chance there is for errors. This is what Closed Betas are meant for. Again ,we thank you for your patience as we work though this.

This new party system has not fixed any of the issues with the old one and has introduced WORSE issues. NOTHING is better. It is HARDER to form a party due to all the various issues, have had 0 luck joining a friend who is already in a match or even joining them when they have set up a party with 1 other lucky person, and EVERY single time WITHOUT FAIL when someone leaves the party it bugs it out for everyone remaining. All of these issues happens before hitting search, except for the joining of a friend already in a match obviously, as parties can not be formed. There is also no errors for not being connected to the party server involved.

Me and my friends love the game, but this "new" beta party system has only been worse in everyway compared to the one used before hand. Also a terrible idea to throw this out there right before a free weekend... causing new people to the game to have immediate issue with it.

Edit: Oh, and we have tried not only rebooting the game... but have completely rebooted steam to little or no affect. ONE time it we got in and got to play 1 round... but then someone had to leave (after spending 30+min just trying to make a party) and it bugged the rest of us out. Didn't get it to work again since even after trying another 30-45min. And no party errors were popping up either.

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 21:50
EDIT: to clarify, we always started the game fresh etc as you said.

Ok I have never seen anybody in a party with me today while the other persons says he is in one (party server issue or frontend?). That was mentioned in the 4th August patch notes as known issue though and supposed to be fixed by 6th.

After the first attemp of grouping, the error of the not connected party server comes.

Any info we can provide you beside the already asked steps how we form a party?

Peengoo
7th Aug 2014, 21:52
Europe - GMT + 2 - invite friend from in game menu - he accepts but stuck at "Joining match...". He invites me, same thing.

Restart game, same thing. Restart game, now it works fine. So ... 1 out 4-5 attempts it works.

Serenum
7th Aug 2014, 21:57
If you are having issues connecting to a friend, reboot the game, wait until you are both on the main menu, invite them and search. The trickier you try and get, the more chance there is for errors. This is what Closed Betas are meant for. Again ,we thank you for your patience as we work though this.

Me and Phireo (who posted above) did exactly this, multiple times. We even restarted Steam and waited several minutes before trying to log into Nosgoth again. This proved completly useless.
Tonight we had to give up playing because we were simply unable to either join a server where one of us was currently playing or even just make a party and then go and play together.

The party system right now, and I'll be brutally honest here, seems like it's actually doing more damage than good. Thanks to the party system, using the "join" function we can't even join a lobby or game where a friend is. But if we search for a game and get lucky we can end up in the same lobby and maybe just maybe play together. But every time we have to use the join/invite feature the game refuses to let us play together, coming up with all sorts of issue, from "host party is full" to "can't connect to party server" or simply not doing anything: we accept the invite to party, wait for something to happen... Nothing.

I'd like to stress the fact that we have been all sorts of careful and patient, even inviting one person at a time and waiting for him to connect before inviting another one. Nothing. The odds of the party system working right now are something that could turn in a profit for a casino owner, I'm not exaggerating.

FireWorks_
7th Aug 2014, 22:10
I hope you start considering a role back before the weekend starts with friday afternoon (12hours from now).

Psyonix-Greg
7th Aug 2014, 22:24
What will help is logs. Fresh boot, try and party with friends. If you get an error, collect their Launch.log, zip them up and send them to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com. If you successfully make a party with friends, search for a game. If you all don't make it in, note the server name and location (NAM or EU) and collect their Launch.log, zip them up and send them to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com. If you try and join a friend who is in game and you get an error other than hosts party is full, collect your Launch.log and send it to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com. Be thorough in your description of what happened and how it happened please.

RedeemerAndDestr0yer
7th Aug 2014, 22:32
Excuse me guys, i don't know so much how works forums, and i don't know if i'm posting in the right place but i get mad, and i have only one question:
How can i chat with the other players during a match? What have i do on the keyboard to do it?

Saintxz
7th Aug 2014, 22:43
Me and Phireo (who posted above) did exactly this, multiple times. We even restarted Steam and waited several minutes before trying to log into Nosgoth again. This proved completly useless.
Tonight we had to give up playing because we were simply unable to either join a server where one of us was currently playing or even just make a party and then go and play together.

The party system right now, and I'll be brutally honest here, seems like it's actually doing more damage than good. Thanks to the party system, using the "join" function we can't even join a lobby or game where a friend is. But if we search for a game and get lucky we can end up in the same lobby and maybe just maybe play together. But every time we have to use the join/invite feature the game refuses to let us play together, coming up with all sorts of issue, from "host party is full" to "can't connect to party server" or simply not doing anything: we accept the invite to party, wait for something to happen... Nothing.

I'd like to stress the fact that we have been all sorts of careful and patient, even inviting one person at a time and waiting for him to connect before inviting another one. Nothing. The odds of the party system working right now are something that could turn in a profit for a casino owner, I'm not exaggerating.

I'm having these same issues with my friend and I, before this new UI and "improved party system" we could join and play together 110% of the time, after this last big update we can't even join each others game. Considering this a is a game hugely based on team play I prefer to play with someone I know instead of a bunch of random people. But with these current issues I have had no desire to even play this game yet alone recommend it to my fellow pc gaming friends. When I bought the Warband founder package I had 4 other friend buy packages aswell all so we could play together on a 4 man premade team. Now none of us can connect to each other at all, this is extremely upsetting because it worked fine before and now this update the chance of it working are similar to that of winning the lottery. I dont know what was changed but it needs to be changed back, this "new improved party system" is causing more damage than it is helping the game grow. If I joined a game to play with my friend and was unable to, I for sure would quit playing it until I could play. Many games crash and burn because of updates like this, sure hoping Nosgoth is not one, until the party system is fixed and working as it should, I wont be wasting my time trying to play it.

Psyonix-Greg
7th Aug 2014, 22:48
This thread is intended to help us interface with those who are having problems so we may collect relevant data that we can look at and see where the system is failing. Please see the above post about how you can help us fix this issue by providing information.

Cycatrix
7th Aug 2014, 23:03
T for world chat, Y for team chat (or other way around) look in the keybinds menu

As for the topic, I invited a lvl 40 friend (multiple times, in afternoon and evening, last time was GMT+1 at 21:00) and everytime it gives the not connected to party system popup. The day after the patch I partied up with another friend (lvl 10) in the afternoon (dont know exact time) and everything went fine. But the lvl 40 friend still doesn't work. So either I cant team up with him because I screwed it up by trying to team up while the party system was screwed up or the system doesnt like our skill levels and refuses to put us together or there is some other problem.

JTetch
7th Aug 2014, 23:12
What will help is logs. Fresh boot, try and party with friends. If you get an error, collect their Launch.log, zip them up and send them to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com. If you successfully make a party with friends, search for a game. If you all don't make it in, note the server name and location (NAM or EU) and collect their Launch.log, zip them up and send them to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com. If you try and join a friend who is in game and you get an error other than hosts party is full, collect your Launch.log and send it to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com. Be thorough in your description of what happened and how it happened please.

Main problem with this is, most of these issues give no errors. Not a single message or notice. The system just flat out fails to work correctly.

I can tell you, my experience described in my first post here, was from 3-5 pm eastern. Am currently trying again, but so far all the same results as mentioned previously, started at 6:30ish pm eastern.

Edit: While I could send issues on parties failing to join together... the main issue is even forming a party which gives no errors.

Psyonix-Greg
8th Aug 2014, 00:12
Main problem with this is, most of these issues give no errors. Not a single message or notice. The system just flat out fails to work correctly.

I can tell you, my experience described in my first post here, was from 3-5 pm eastern. Am currently trying again, but so far all the same results as mentioned previously, started at 6:30ish pm eastern.

Edit: While I could send issues on parties failing to join together... the main issue is even forming a party which gives no errors.

Your log will show the errors, and if you are getting errors when joining a lobby with a party, noting the lobby name will help us pull those logs. All of this will help us rectify the issues.

KatakiY
8th Aug 2014, 00:30
The problem is there is no error. It never creates a group and it never gives me the error others are reporting. Nothing happens. But I'll give you my logs.

BroodTheBuster
8th Aug 2014, 01:34
Now I'm getting some issue where occasionally we party up and then it splits us into different lobbies when we search, sometimes i shut the game down and when i log back in it says I am in a party with people that are offline. Holy hell these party thing are broken beyond compare.

SublteTom
8th Aug 2014, 03:18
After the error that told me I wasn't "Connected to the Party Server" was fixed, a new one showed up where I can try to join my friend but it doesn't give an error that I was unable to join the match, it just does nothing. Another issue is when he invites me while in an empty server, it throws me into an empty server myself, while saying "Joining Match" at the bottom, BUT it shows me in his server.

bewareofthecow
8th Aug 2014, 03:24
What location are the logs in?

KatakiY
8th Aug 2014, 03:41
What location are the logs in?
My documents > My games > nosgoth> logs

FireWorks_
8th Aug 2014, 07:42
Whatever you did over night, it seems to work for me.

Dont have time to play but a short test showed it works as intend.

Protocol:
Friend and I restarted steam.
Launched games.
Waiting for all armory etc.
He invites me, I accept via steam.
Party is formed and shown for both of us.
He starts searching and we get to a lobby together.
There we get split as intended due to high level.
We quit.
This time I invite him.
Works well too.
We get put to a running game where 2 slots are free on a team.

Party server works :D Nothing of the above worked when we went to bed 9hours ago

Phireo
8th Aug 2014, 07:43
My documents > My games > nosgoth> logs

Actually
My documents > My games > nosgoth> BCMPGame >logs

To the rest of you. The logs have errors. If it shows an error in game or not, the logs will still have multiple errors and data the devs can use. So post those to them.

meho070
8th Aug 2014, 07:51
Please help me i can't connect to online suite I've already turned off my firewall systems

Floipd
8th Aug 2014, 11:21
Haven't tried today yet but yesternight me and my bro still couldn't party up unfortunately. Still messages about party servers etc. Also we no longer have the option to 'Join' each other, and we can only 'Invite'.

We have tried inviting each other at different moments of queueing; before we search for a match, after we start searching, when one of us enters a lobby, but still no luck.
Also when we invite each other it doesn't always say the party server error. Occasionaly it will notify the invited person through Steam, but when he Shift+Tabs and clicks the invite it will just return him back to the game and nothing else happens.

Will send the Launch.log next time it happens.

(On a different note, though this may need another topic-thread-thingie, we play from the same connection IP-thingie and we start lagging HORRIBLY when either of us is playing and the other is searching for a match, which will persist till the other person enters a game of their own. )

Psyonix_Corey
8th Aug 2014, 14:18
Could use more info if people are still having trouble today, as a new server was rolled out overnight with fixes.

Vercadi
8th Aug 2014, 14:18
Still not working properly. Sometimes (like rarely) we can get into a party, but before that all of us has to restart the game like 10 times, after that we try to search for game. One time we got into a empty lobby for 2 seconds before "Party has been disbanded." An the host joins a game alone.

Seriously this is both awkward for you and for the players. Now it's even the free weekend and the problem still isnt fixed.

Vercadi
8th Aug 2014, 14:36
Could use more info if people are still having trouble today, as a new server was rolled out overnight with fixes.

Why kind of info do you want?

I can't even join my friend while he is in a game, all it does is sending me to an empty lobby and "joining match..." is visible but nothing else happens.

What a joke. And before I was thinking about getting immortal pack, well, not now.

BroodTheBuster
8th Aug 2014, 14:44
Working about a quarter of the time now, most times we join and then it puts us in different lobbies when we start looking for a match. Sometimes the invites just result in nothing, sometimes only one of us can see the other in party. after 5 or 6 tries it works but every time we quit out of a match we have to go through it all again.

Hakton
8th Aug 2014, 15:04
This problem is so common now that it can't be so hard for the dev team to recreate. Sure it doesn't say that the party server doesn't work anymore, but it's just plain broken. Invites do nothing most of the time. When my friend A invites me and friend B into a party, the party leader can only see either one but never both at the same time.

Anthoolio
8th Aug 2014, 15:09
Does this stuff even go through any kind of in-house testing? Party system has been bugged for a long time and it's getting worse every time it's supposed to get fixed. The old party system was buggy. But at least it worked somehow.

RainaAudron
8th Aug 2014, 15:12
Today I still can´t join any parties. There is no way to party with a friend before searching either, only until I get into a lobby. Then everytime I get invited it puts me into the same lobby, yet empty and it says joining on the bottom. Person who invited me can see me in his lobby as well, as I leave the lobby I´m in, I disappear from his lobby as well.

MrCursy
8th Aug 2014, 15:35
I've noticed that once 7 players are in the lobby, the 8th player can't join for some reason AND if the 7th player leaves (or any other player ) he gets immediately replaced by another person who was waiting in the queue. So you are stuck in an infinite loop waiting for the 8 player that never comes.

FireWorks_
8th Aug 2014, 15:38
Ok ladies and gentlemen,

What will help are logs. They can be found at My documents > My games > nosgoth> BCMPGame >logs > Launch.log

Fresh boot, try and party with friends.

If you get an error, collect their Launch.log, zip them up and send them to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com.
If you successfully make a party with friends, search for a game.

If you all don't make it in, note the server name and location (NAM or EU) and collect their Launch.log, zip them up and send them to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com.
If you try and join a friend who is in game and you get an error other than hosts party is full, collect your Launch.log and send it to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com.

Be thorough in your description of what happened and how it happened please.

The logs have errors. If it shows an error in game or not, the logs will still have multiple errors and data the devs can use. So post those to them.

edited the quotes, hope you dont mind too hard

Psyonix_Corey
8th Aug 2014, 16:08
This problem is so common now that it can't be so hard for the dev team to recreate. Sure it doesn't say that the party server doesn't work anymore, but it's just plain broken. Invites do nothing most of the time. When my friend A invites me and friend B into a party, the party leader can only see either one but never both at the same time.

Just to address this in general, the system works 100% of the time for us and Square's QA team.

It's obvious that the system is having trouble handling "real world" situations. It's not acceptable, but it's where we're at.

SixieV
8th Aug 2014, 16:31
Well, the good news is the party system works SOMETIMES as opposed to never like the past couple of days.

Friends and I struggled a bit. Had a few disconnects, clicking invites that did nothing, getting server is empty messages. After restarting our games a few times we were finally able to sync up and have us a little party.

The system still needs some work so we will keep mailing in the logs, but you guys are headed in the right direction of getting this resolved.

Saikocat
8th Aug 2014, 17:52
Thanks for the detail, guys.

We're going to continue to look into this more and work on clearing up the issues, so please bear with us. We understand it's frustrating, and fixing this is priority for us.

Cycatrix
8th Aug 2014, 19:25
Alright tried again this evening at ~20.00 GMT+1. First time I got invited, accepted his invite and got in a party, but he didnt see me in any party so we disbanded it and tried again. This time whenever any of us accepted the invite nothing would happen. Restarted nosgoth multiple times and a few times we got the good old "cant connect with party system"

So we went with the joining route, most of the time nothing happened for either of us but one time I managed to join his team, according to him. For me, I was just in an empty lobby. So I waited in the hope I got somehow sucked into the game anyway, which didnt happen. I exited the empty lobby and tried to use the join button. The game then put me into other matches. I decided that after leaving a few I would just play alone. Then later I tried accept his invite while in a game already and the game decided that this meant I wanted to leave the game and get queued again. This time I was queueing up in the new player queue. After finding a match however it said I was too high level and I had to leave the queue. Which then only allowed me to pick the new player queue (other options were greyed out). When restarted I could get my old options back but I didnt bother trying to join anymore.

bewareofthecow
8th Aug 2014, 19:49
This is exactly what is happening with my friends too!

Today I still can´t join any parties. There is no way to party with a friend before searching either, only until I get into a lobby. Then everytime I get invited it puts me into the same lobby, yet empty and it says joining on the bottom. Person who invited me can see me in his lobby as well, as I leave the lobby I´m in, I disappear from his lobby as well.

bewareofthecow
8th Aug 2014, 19:56
It's quite obvious at this point that these are NAT issues. Probably works internally because the routing is simple. Out here in the "real world" we have many different routers and NAT configurations. It's not always possible to do peer to peer connections without a central NAT server forwarding all traffic.

If you guys could at the very least could let us know what ports are being used so we could forward them through our environments that would help a lot (for us more technically inclined) until you have time to fix this properly.

Just to address this in general, the system works 100% of the time for us and Square's QA team.

It's obvious that the system is having trouble handling "real world" situations. It's not acceptable, but it's where we're at.

Psyonix_Corey
8th Aug 2014, 21:32
It's quite obvious at this point that these are NAT issues. Probably works internally because the routing is simple. Out here in the "real world" we have many different routers and NAT configurations. It's not always possible to do peer to peer connections without a central NAT server forwarding all traffic.

If you guys could at the very least could let us know what ports are being used so we could forward them through our environments that would help a lot (for us more technically inclined) until you have time to fix this properly.

It is not a NAT issue.

KoloXD
8th Aug 2014, 22:27
I'm sorry in advance towards the developers about the rant i will do here, but i do believe i have a solid points.

Since the new UI "update" the party system is broken, and not even simply put. I can't play with any of my friends i was able to before since the match and if im correct, im not alone with this. How did you think this will work out? Doing a free weekend with a party system that DOES NOT WORK. Way to go, so if i don't have a beta key to give away and finally have my chance to show some of my friends this cool game (yes, it is freakin' awsome, that's why im so disappointed) BUT I CAN NOT BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY WITH THEM. What's the point of "refreshing the duration of the boosters after the weekend"? Personally i bought the veteran pack so the weekend is irrelevant because the boosters don't stack (-.-') so the only point for me is to play with friends who are otherwise not in the beta.
I don't know how to end this, im too furious right now for such formalities, and im sorry again.

FireWorks_
8th Aug 2014, 22:59
to ease you mind a little: the boosters do stack. the 2x are added a bit counterintuitive after the match. so whatever you go in the match with boosters etc gets double when you return to the lobby. check it in the main menu :)

Mennok
9th Aug 2014, 11:25
So yesterday after several hours of non stop restarting the game and steam my friend and I finally managed to get into a team together and actually see each other in the lobby. Managed to get into a game together for several hours as well after that, though we dared not leave in case problems arose again.

Now badger me if you wish, but I feel the need to say that this is BETA and not the final release of the game. The way it seems that some people are talking in here, they don't seem to realize this one simple fact. There are things that are broken that the devs are fixing, things that will break that they will need to fix, and unknown things that are broken that have yet to be found. Calm down, they are doing what they can.

On another note for the devs, have a couple of you tried connecting from home computers off of your internal network to try and recreate what we are seeing? If not try it, it might give some insight perhaps. I know this may seem like common sense, but hey some times the smallest things can be overlooked. Just a thought.

Saikocat
9th Aug 2014, 12:20
Hi everyone,

As you will be aware, we rolled out a few patches this week to update the UI for the game, and to add party matchmaking servers, to improve partying up with friends going forward.

Right now, some of you are still experiencing issues with the party matchmaking servers, and we are working hard to clear up those problems. We are aware of the issue and are working hard to resolve this, so thank you all so much for your patience!

Rustux
9th Aug 2014, 19:07
I started playing this game yesterday i enjoyed it so i bought the Immortal pack today and i was gonna play with a couple of friends and the party thing bugged so we couldnt que together Does anyone know how long it usally takes them to fix it and reopen it? and another question

is there a limit of how many people you can play with of course its only 4 people on each team but i have 3 friends that ive given beta keys to that wants to play it am i able to play with all 3 of em or is it a maximum of 2? jw, cause even tho the que was bugged i relogged the game cause it bugged my game i was stil in the party tried reinviting a person and it said the party was full.

Does anyone Know how if i get the Human Veteran hunter skin in the veteran pack? i looked it up but it says nothing about getting the skin.

Weit_Brede
11th Aug 2014, 11:30
Basically what it says on the tin. I wanted to play this with one of my friends during the double EXP weekend, and each time we tried to make a party, we got a little closer. That only created this level of anticipation that I have no problem with. Bugs happen, and this is closed beta, etc.

What I am wondering is why when we finally got a party together and began looking for a game, it disbanded our party to stick me in a game that needed one more person. Is it because my friend is level two and I am level six? We also tried this with a few friends that tried the free weekend, and though we created a party just fine, we were still disbanded to be in separate games. What is the point of creating a party/having a party system if it doesn't hold a priority to keep the party together?

Any light shed on this issue/question would be most appreciated. Thank you.

lucinvampire
11th Aug 2014, 11:42
May I ask were you playing in TDM or NR?

If you were in TDM it would probably be because your friend cannot join that match atm...you have to currently be over level 3 or over to search in the TDM queue...if you were in TDM it may have been having a moment - you should have at least ended up in the same match - but you may not be on the same team as it tries to adjust for more even matches.

I've had this myself though that we've ended up in separate games...it's just a little crazy sometimes.

IROverRated
11th Aug 2014, 12:58
Would this mean then that the matchmaking bugs have been resolved, or at the moment it's just hit and miss on whether or not you'll join your friends party?

lucinvampire
11th Aug 2014, 13:20
Would this mean then that the matchmaking bugs have been resolved, or at the moment it's just hit and miss on whether or not you'll join your friends party?

It sometimes works - more often than not it sadly doesn't though

Sobbingtons
11th Aug 2014, 17:20
Trying to invite my buddies to a party but this message appears, what does it mean?

Sikkuro
11th Aug 2014, 17:45
Comon guys put your back into it. Me and my buds jumped into the open weekend to play with each other, not to be lobby hoppers until we unite together only to be auto balanced to different teams.

AbsolutlyNoSkill
11th Aug 2014, 17:53
Yeah man I feel you.

And how about them darn ropes?

Sikkuro
11th Aug 2014, 17:54
Yeah...another glaring issue.

TheClamps
11th Aug 2014, 18:26
I haven't been able to play with my friends for 3 days now because of this bug. i just want to no an ETA on when this bug will be fixed because i want to play with my friends.

Salmonlikethefsh
11th Aug 2014, 19:19
Whenever my friend and I try to get into one another's groups today, we keep getting the message "You are not connected to the party server". I understood this was an issue during the open beta weekend and we had a tactic for getting past this. We would both log out then log back in and that usually worked, but now, nothing works and we can't get into one another's game. Please fix this as soon as possible, I bought the founder's pack last night so I could play with friends and now that doesn't seem to be a possibility. Amazing game though guys, keep up the great work!!!! (HUMAN FOREVER)

Vercadi
11th Aug 2014, 20:15
This did not occur earlier today, but now its not working again.

kouzrah
11th Aug 2014, 20:49
I'm having exactly the same issue.
Bought our access to the game with friends. We used the same restarting trick to get together before. Now we're having the same "You are not connected to the party server" message and can't get together at all. We were playing together maybe 5 hours ago so it's a recent problem.

11th Aug 2014, 21:37
Yesterday night, while servers were probably under low load, we were able to glitch the system by restarting a couple times to get into the party matchmaking server.

Today, the servers under heavy load and it seems no one can connect other than people who have partied/been partied the whole night.

This needs to be addressed asap, you're telling companies that have a competitive base to try a game with their friends that doesn't even allow you to have consistent games. I came here from ESEA, they promoted you guys and several others are here because of it.

It seems to me, that the servers need to be either upgraded, or capped. We're all paying for a game that most of us won't touch without friends, this game sucks without a group, and nor will I play with randoms that suck.

Hulking
11th Aug 2014, 23:14
Yesterday night, while servers were probably under low load, we were able to glitch the system by restarting a couple times to get into the party matchmaking server.

Today, the servers under heavy load and it seems no one can connect other than people who have partied/been partied the whole night.

This needs to be addressed asap, you're telling companies that have a competitive base to try a game with their friends that doesn't even allow you to have consistent games. I came here from ESEA, they promoted you guys and several others are here because of it.

It seems to me, that the servers need to be either upgraded, or capped. We're all paying for a game that most of us won't touch without friends, this game sucks without a group, and nor will I play with randoms that suck.

I am in the same boat. Bought the immortal pack because it seemed like a great game I could share with my friends. Haven't played with them once, all getting the same errors.. "You are not connected to the party server" Very disappointed, guess I should of done my research. I would of seen that tons of people are having this problem, and no one seems to be helping.

Vercadi
12th Aug 2014, 00:59
I am in the same boat. Bought the immortal pack because it seemed like a great game I could share with my friends. Haven't played with them once, all getting the same errors.. "You are not connected to the party server" Very disappointed, guess I should of done my research. I would of seen that tons of people are having this problem, and no one seems to be helping.

Yep, all the mods do it throw us all in to the same thread with no response as usual.

Sherbniz
12th Aug 2014, 01:27
Hmm, I would have liked some sort of update on the issue.

Sure there's the message in the main menu, but the party system did work sort of, after a lot of fiddling and restarting.

Now it just straight-out refuses.

If it was something like "Party Server was taken offline for maintenance!" then I'd not even be mad, since it's needed.

kouzrah
12th Aug 2014, 02:26
Hmm, I would have liked some sort of update on the issue.

Sure there's the message in the main menu, but the party system did work sort of, after a lot of fiddling and restarting.

Now it just straight-out refuses.

If it was something like "Party Server was taken offline for maintenance!" then I'd not even be mad, since it's needed.

I agree with this.

12th Aug 2014, 02:43
Yep, all the mods do it throw us all in to the same thread with no response as usual.

HOLY CRAP, it is a multiplayer game and their party server is broken 20/7? Come on, the problem been existing for a long time, and all they say is 'We are putting everything into fixing it' with absolutely no results, while trying to push the game out and make money with a broken game. The game is fun, but no one is willing to keep playing since there is only solo queue in a multiplayer game. The game gets repetitive REALLY fast and the only thing keeping many players playing is being able to play with friends, which apparently does not work after working on it for forever. Come on.

KoizumiPH
12th Aug 2014, 02:46
Yes an official announcement that the party servers aren't working would definitely ease my mind. An ETA on them being up would be even better though. :D