PDA

View Full Version : Batman Encyclopedia.

Lunar
24th Mar 2009, 22:12
Hello guys, this is a encyclopedia of what this game has to offer.

Heroes:

Bruce Wayne / Batman
Barbara Gordon / Oracle
Commissioner James Gordon.

Villains:

The Joker
Killer Croc
The Riddler
Harley Quinn
The Scarecrow
Bane
Mr. Zsasz
Poison Ivy

Developer: Rocksteady Studios
Writer: Paul Dini
Engine: Unreal Engine 3
Genre: Action-adventure
Mode: Single-player
Release Date: August, 25 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition comes with:
Waynetech Batarang Storage Box
12” In-Game Design Batarang (stand attached)
Dr Young’s Journal (50 page full color character encyclopedia)
2 Sleeve DIGI-Pack Including:
Game
Behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, including:
Interviews with Mark Hammil and Kevin Conroy
Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
Manual

Cover-page: http://www.digitalsomething.com/media/images/batman%20aa%20cover.jpeg

Lunarlocket3 Creed

ElitistBerk
24th Mar 2009, 22:29
Have Killermoth and ratcatcher actually been announced in this game. I have seen some evidence showing all the other villains but not these two. Can anyone give me something to prove that these villains are in the game?

Lunar
24th Mar 2009, 23:29
Have Killermoth and ratcatcher actually been announced in this game. I have seen some evidence showing all the other villains but not these two. Can anyone give me something to prove that these villains are in the game?
Well they are in the game the developers said so it is official, there's no gameplay yet so youll just have to wait in the back of the line like the rest of us.:lol:

JonWang
25th Mar 2009, 00:43
Well they are in the game the developers said so it is official, there's no gameplay yet so youll just have to wait in the back of the line like the rest of us.:lol:

Where when how was killermoth and ratcatcher announced?

SammiiDoogles
25th Mar 2009, 00:56
Where when how was killermoth and ratcatcher announced?

They werent.

Lunar
25th Mar 2009, 00:57
Where when how was killermoth and ratcatcher announced?The xbox magazine went to rocksteady studios and talk to the developers. I dont know who, what, when, where, how, and why. The game is slightly finished there just playing the game for any glitches to patch up.

SammiiDoogles
25th Mar 2009, 01:01
The xbox magazine went to rocksteady studios and talk to the developers. I dont know who, what, when, where, how, and why. The game is slightly finished there just playing the game for any glitches to patch up.

Proof? Scans?

You may well be telling the truth, we just need proof to know your telling the truth :thumbsup:

Lunar
25th Mar 2009, 02:32
:lmao: My sources are from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Asylum

Read em and weep

ThtsWhtSheSd16
25th Mar 2009, 02:53
:lmao: My sources are from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Asylum

Read em and weap

Well, first of all it's "weep" but OK. Second of all, the source is Wikipedia, so I think we should all take that with a large grain of salt. I was surprised though that the page cited a reference for Killer Moth and Ratcatcher. However, if you go to the link:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/04/batman-arkham-asylum-is-a-batman-game-worth-getting-excited-about/

It says, "The sense that the developers are having fun with the lore is apparent and word is that they’re acknowledging as many Batman characters as they can, including Killer Moth and… Ratcatcher?"

So it doesn't really say that they're in the game. Acknowledging them through dialogue or maybe listed in some files Batman searches through, perhaps, but I doubt we'll see them as villains you actually encounter/battle.

JonWang
25th Mar 2009, 03:17
"Batman throwing many different types of Batarangs." - Dope

The Jedi Guardian
25th Mar 2009, 03:34
Remember that someone said it was possible to drive the batmobile and it was also refered to as a challenge.

I wonder who Dr. Young is.

Blackmagic12345
25th Mar 2009, 04:00
Get two face in there and i'm set.

Drazar
25th Mar 2009, 05:37
I wonder who Dr. Young is.

Think hes just a new character made for this game.