PDA

View Full Version : Some Stuff on NowGamer.com

SammiiDoogles
17th Mar 2009, 22:27
i havent personally read through it yet, but it was only put on there today, sorry if theres nothing new, i'll go read it now and put a brief summary of anything new (if any) on here :)

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/302/batman-arkham-asylum-qampa

-Sam

JonWang
17th Mar 2009, 22:28
shoulda just linked it up

SammiiDoogles
17th Mar 2009, 22:30
i did.... ?

JonWang
17th Mar 2009, 22:37
o i must be blind. Check it, -

-Is the whole game set inside the asylum, or can we expect outdoors and city locales?

The whole game is set on the island in the middle of Gotham where Arkham is located. The player is free to roam anywhere on the island with many different locations to visit and secrets hidden throughout. There’s everything in the game from spectacular vistas to claustrophobic tunnels with no invisible walls stopping you from going anywhere.-

So its complete free roam only limited to the island itself - indoors and out.

JonWang
17th Mar 2009, 22:39
wish there was more QnA's like this just so we could piece together more game elements.

SammiiDoogles
17th Mar 2009, 22:39

-Is the whole game set inside the asylum, or can we expect outdoors and city locales?

The whole game is set on the island in the middle of Gotham where Arkham is located. The player is free to roam anywhere on the island with many different locations to visit and secrets hidden throughout. There’s everything in the game from spectacular vistas to claustrophobic tunnels with no invisible walls stopping you from going anywhere.-

haha you just posted what i was about to post! :nut:
but yeah, by the sounds of it, it is :)

Also, this should Clear it up for anyone still unsure on multiplayer;

"Can we expect any multiplayer in the game? Co-op perhaps?

We decided early on to focus on creating a great single-player experience for Batman: Arkham Asylum, so there will be no multiplayer in the game. There are so many facets to Batman that this has required a tremendous amount of work to create all of these in one game, and we felt that adding a multiplayer would detract from the game and create a less authentic Batman experience. The team is 100 per cent committed to delivering the Batman game you’ve always wanted to play."

So thats a definate no to multiplayer.

k1ll1ng j0k3
17th Mar 2009, 23:11
i havent personally read through it yet, but it was only put on there today, sorry if theres nothing new, i'll go read it now and put a brief summary of anything new (if any) on here :)

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/302/batman-arkham-asylum-qampa

-Sam
Thanks SammiiDoogles! you always bring the good stuff:thumb: . I like the fact that the game will concentrate on single player!

BATtleMAN
17th Mar 2009, 23:26

I was waiting for somebody to confirm this. Now my hopes are sky high again.

QCypher
18th Mar 2009, 00:03
I was waiting for somebody to confirm this. Now my hopes are sky high again.

Yes. That is a question I had been asking myself for a long while now...Great Happiness!(Seven Cookies to anyone who can get where that line is from.)

jhonnyboy
18th Mar 2009, 00:08
Thank you SammiiDoogles for this article! It has cleared up some things and given us a bit of more insight into the game. The game seems like it will live up to it's hype. I can't wait. Thanks again!