PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Thoughts on The BatCave

JonWang
17th Mar 2009, 20:34
So we know theres going to be a batcave. So lets start wondering whats going to be in it.

I say its obviously a secret batcave so hes going to have bad ass entrances located throughout the asylum. I expect to see floors opening up, cool looking elevators that all lead to the underground cave.

Whats in it? Well we know were going to have a fingerprint scanner so hes going to have a bat computer to look up who the prints belong to. I wonder what else that snazzy computer will do. Surveillance maybe? Maybe a place to re-arm your bat bombs and what nots. I dont expect alot of features in his cave being that its not his MAIN cave. Also a place to SAVE the game progress.

His batmobile will also double as the 'batcave' - feature wise. That's confirmed I believe. So if thats the case you cant expect much.

imbatman08
17th Mar 2009, 20:41
I Wonder If Thats Where We Can Change Bat-Suits ( Has it been said yet if there is unlockable suits :confused: )

I think it would be pretty CooooL if you could..

SammiiDoogles
17th Mar 2009, 22:58
I Wonder If Thats Where We Can Change Bat-Suits ( Has it been said yet if there is unlockable suits :confused: )

Or Just Get a new suit?
'Cus the batsuit does get damaged, and they could incorperate a system where, the more damaged the suit is, the Less it protects you, Like Fallout or Oblivion...

Then to get a fresh suit you just get one from the batcave.

jhonnyboy
18th Mar 2009, 00:10
Or Just Get a new suit?
'Cus the batsuit does get damaged, and they could incorperate a system where, the more damaged the suit is, the Less it protects you, Like Fallout or Oblivion...

I like the sound of that :)

Drazar
18th Mar 2009, 00:46
Or Just Get a new suit?

Remember when Rocksteady decided to have unlimited batarangs because they didn't wanna see Batman breaking boxes and refilling his batarangs? This idea is almost the same, the damaged suit seems to have a story telling progression. The closer the end the more tired and damaged he is mentally, physically and his costume too. Having Batman swap to a fancy new suit would break that illusion abit. ;/ I really do believe the damaged batcostume is just for the visuals.

JonWang
18th Mar 2009, 01:12
Yea I think batman will stay bad ass from start to finish.

angleslam99
18th Mar 2009, 01:34
This is what I think the suit will serve as the story. Say there's 10 levels hypothetically speaking, so after each level your suit gets beaten so badly after each level. By level 8 your suit is in peril so now you have to worry about continuing on without "dying"/starting over. I think the suit being damaged is incorporated into the story and gameplay meaning once we get to level 8, 9 and 10 we have to rethink how we play since we are on the verge of being defeated. So you might start off strong and forceful but later on towards the end you have to be stealthy.

JonWang
18th Mar 2009, 03:29
we have to rethink how we play since we are on the verge of being defeated. So you might start off strong and forceful but later on towards the end you have to be stealthy.

Nah I just have to disagree with ya. I've been a huge batman fan since I was a child and the cool thing about batman was that he was human that could take down villains that most super powered heroes couldn't take down.

I don't think hes ever on the verge of being defeated he just encounters new and more challenging obstacles to overcome. <--(in the game)

Batman has to be stealthy because like his gadgets, that gives him the advantage over his 'foes'.

They said in the game bats can take on up to 6+ bad guys so I think as the game progress the game needs to throw tougher bad guys at you, like big hulking guys.

The suit getting all torn up is just for visual affects i believe. Batman can still kick ass even if he was in his boxers....the game takes place in one night so i think the developer want to stress that this is going to be 'one hell of a night' for batman...

Why So Serious ?
18th Mar 2009, 03:57
Nah I just have to disagree with ya. I've been a huge batman fan since I was a child and the cool thing about batman was that he was human that could take down villains that most super powered heroes couldn't take down.

I don't think hes ever on the verge of being defeated he just encounters new and more challenging obstacles to overcome. <--(in the game)

Batman has to be stealthy because like his gadgets, that gives him the advantage over his 'foes'.

They said in the game bats can take on up to 6+ bad guys so I think as the game progress the game needs to throw tougher bad guys at you, like big hulking guys.

The suit getting all torn up is just for visual affects i believe. Batman can still kick ass even if he was in his boxers....the game takes place in one night so i think the developer want to stress that this is going to be 'one hell of a night' for batman...

Maybe they added the batcave so he can repair his suit when its damaged a lot?

Kraken890
18th Mar 2009, 04:23
What would be cool with the finger-print scanner, is if when you scan the prints you've found throughout the game say for instance Killer Croc, you get a profile of him and his fighting methods and flaws and then you can strategize the best way to defeat them. But it also won't be absolutely neccessary to defeat them but just helpful like a strategy guide.

I'd like to see maybe a training area like in Assasin's Creed where they had wooden dummies and a novice to practice new moves and combos on but obviously suited for Batman.

Drazar
18th Mar 2009, 10:34
Maybe they added the batcave so he can repair his suit when its damaged a lot?

Again, if Rocksteady got infitive amount of batarangs, do you honestly think they would want players to face this kind of scenario:

Player: Finally i made it to last boss, but oh crap after taking down all the thugs my costume got too much damaged! Well off to spent 20 mins to get to the Batcave for a new costume!

Do you _really_ want back and forth running? Honestly the damaged suit is for STORY purpose, not that you take more damage and have to back forth run for a new suit.

Batmanhill6157
18th Mar 2009, 13:22
ok lets get off this suit thing. I think its obviously clear that its only for visual and story purposes.

I think it'd be awesome if you had to go to the Batcave to solve some more advanced detective work. I don't want the Batcave computer idea to wasted on pointless character bios. I want it to have a important role

jhonnyboy
18th Mar 2009, 15:25
I just can't wait to find the batcave and actually step into it for the first time. I doubt we are going to have any vehicles inside since the game only takes place in the island, i dont think we will be needing any.

I picture the batcave having all the unlockable costumes side by side in a display case similar to the one pictured below.

http://www.littlestuffedbull.com/images/comics/batmemorials/batmem-jason.jpg

I also picture it being dark and constructed around an actual cave instead of it resembilng an underground fortress.

Plus...
I believe we will be able to obtain/replenish items inside.

JonWang
18th Mar 2009, 16:36
Yea I agree. It definitely has to have function and has to have a 'wow' factor. I think the bat mobile will be permanently parked outside the front gate. The batmobile being the outside 'cave' and the batcave being the inside cave.

I really think the cave will serve mainly as a place to save game progress if you do something after the auto save or mid chapter. Hmm...I also think the cave will serve as the place where batman will go to upgrade it gadgets. Makes sense, no? Upgrade gadgets, upgrade his suit.

SupermanSMASH
19th Mar 2009, 03:08
I'd like to see in the batcave some punchcard machines, maybe a chemistry set, and a bat computer that has random blinking lights. ... And i guess the giant penny and mechanical t-rex in the background would be cool.

jhonnyboy
19th Mar 2009, 03:27
...giant penny and mechanical t-rex in the background would be cool.

lmao that's so random. :lol:

SammiiDoogles
21st Mar 2009, 03:22
lmao that's so random. :lol:

No Its not, cus he does have them at some point

jhonnyboy
22nd Mar 2009, 22:39
Batman has a giant mechanical T-Rex?? Since when?

Lxndr77
22nd Mar 2009, 22:47

im the comics my friend

along with the T-Rex and Penny he also has a giant sized joker card and a Jason Todd Memorial

The_Hylden
23rd Mar 2009, 00:10
Is that after they brought Jason Todd back to life?:p

haha

Drazar
23rd Mar 2009, 05:42

Pretty much always. It also works as a defense mechanic if an enemy invades the cave. (Yes its a god damn t-rex robot terminator!)

BATtleMAN
23rd Mar 2009, 20:36

The suit getting damaged is not just for visual effects, I believe they said that as your cape gets holes in it you will have to account for them when gliding.

P.S. I think it would be awesome if you get as torn-up as you are in the official cover. I think that would look awesome.

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Mar 2009, 20:46
The suit getting damaged is not just for visual effects, I believe they said that as your cape gets holes in it you will have to account for them when gliding.

P.S. I think it would be awesome if you get as torn-up as you are in the official cover. I think that would look awesome. Maybe he will end up looking like this http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_052507a.htm lol mad2:

JonWang
23rd Mar 2009, 20:54
I believe they said that as your cape gets holes in it you will have to account for them when gliding.

Where does it say that? Never read that in any articles or QnA...

Drazar
24th Mar 2009, 04:13

It was a question whenever or not it will effect gliding, for all we know its just now for the story and visuals and that how it _should_ be. This is for the ultimate Batman experience not to run-back-forth for a new repaired costume that would just kill the epic feeling of being in danger.

Blackmagic12345
24th Mar 2009, 04:36
It was a question whenever or not it will effect gliding, for all we know its just now for the story and visuals and that how it _should_ be. This is for the ultimate Batman experience not to run-back-forth for a new repaired costume that would just kill the epic feeling of being in danger.

Same goes for me. If batman can just walk out to the batmoblie (someone above said it will double as the batcave) it would kill the feeling that batman is seriously trapped.

DrCLos
24th Mar 2009, 09:30
I imagine that the on-site Batcave would be an access point to several locations throughout Arkham. As Arkham is likely a very big place, the Batcave would help alleviate backtracking problems much like those teleport rooms in CastleVania games. At least I hope there is something like that in the game.

Other than that, I want to see bios, character art, cutscenes, character models, and maybe you can dress the place up similarly to the real Batcave by collecting items throughout the game.
For example, defeating Mr. Freeze unlocks his bio and character model viewable in the Batcave's computer, but also puts his freeze gun on display.

door noob
25th Mar 2009, 03:08
If it's based on the comics this would be the main idea of "Batcave NorthWest"-
"Northwest Batcave: This safehouse is located in the subbasement of Arkham Asylum. Batman secretly stocked it with emergency rations, all-terrain vehicles, and battery-powered communication equipment."

Source wikipedia.

Hope this assists peoples interpretation of Arkhams batcave.:thumb:

JonWang
25th Mar 2009, 03:26
It would make sense that the batcave would serve (among other things) as a point where you get about to the rest of the island. As the game is 'Arkham Asylum' your really on Arkham Island, which is a huge island made up of the hospital, dock, manor and harbor (all noted). Along with that the island contains caves and such.

JonWang
25th Mar 2009, 03:29
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/04/batman-arkham-asylum-is-a-batman-game-worth-getting-excited-about/

"This Is A Standalone Batman - This game is based on no one story from Batman lore. It’s not drawn from Grant Morrison’s “Arkham Asylum” graphic novel. It doesn’t flow from the movies or even use Christian Bale’s growling voice. It does its own thing and therefore may be freed from some of the standard narrative constraints of an adaptation."

So I guess you can expect Rocksteady to be doing there own interpretation of The Batcave. If it looks anything like the game I expect to be bad ass and most importantly HAVE FUNCTION to it...not just eye candy.

Drazar
25th Mar 2009, 06:59
So I guess you can expect Rocksteady to be doing there own interpretation of The Batcave. If it looks anything like the game I expect to be bad ass and most importantly HAVE FUNCTION to it...not just eye candy.

It will look like a Batcave from the comics. Not just the main cave under Wayne Manor with all the trophies. I think people mostly will be disappointed by the Batcave because it won't be _the_ Batcave, but a minor one located for ammunition and whatnot. I can imagen seeing a big computer, some boxes with tools and so on and perhaps the batboat, depending where on the island the cave is located.

JonWang
25th Mar 2009, 22:01
I know its not 'THE BATCAVE' but hell, I hope it would be jsut as bad ass. I mean I hope its not some cave with a bad ass computer and some random boxes and stuff. I mean if your going to tech something out, tech it out all the way round. Have an armory that opens up, variouse types of batarangs to equip. I have high hopes for the game and if they have a great batcave it would surely be the icing on the cake.

door noob
25th Mar 2009, 22:05
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/04/batman-arkham-asylum-is-a-batman-game-worth-getting-excited-about/

"This Is A Standalone Batman - This game is based on no one story from Batman lore. It’s not drawn from Grant Morrison’s “Arkham Asylum” graphic novel. It doesn’t flow from the movies or even use Christian Bale’s growling voice. It does its own thing and therefore may be freed from some of the standard narrative constraints of an adaptation."

Although eidos got the comic book adaptation rights(for game, so)... it should resemble somewhat of the batcave in arkham asylum from the comics.

SammiiDoogles
25th Mar 2009, 23:55
I want to see bios, character art, cutscenes, character models, and maybe you can dress the place up similarly to the real Batcave by collecting items throughout the game.
For example, defeating Mr. Freeze unlocks his bio and character model viewable in the Batcave's computer, but also puts his freeze gun on display.

I think they should do this.

JonWang
26th Mar 2009, 02:33
Although eidos got the comic book adaptation rights(for game, so)... it should resemble somewhat of the batcave in arkham asylum from the comics.

"Batman has established a hidden base within the subbasement of the asylum during the Prodigal storyline known as "Northwest Batcave." "

- Northwest Batcave: This safehouse is located in the subbasement of Arkham Asylum. Batman secretly stocked it with emergency rations, all-terrain vehicles, and battery-powered communication equipment. -

I wonder if we should expect to see some vehicle to get around the island with.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/19151/508785-batmanlee_large.png

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:19

I agree that would be Hellified cool. I want his all black

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:20
I like the sound of that :)

I luv that too. That is excellent

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:23

That should be interesting, the game takes place in one night....... I am failing to see what else would be left to do in a "free roam" environment if your main gameplay time span is only one night.....

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:31
Again, if Rocksteady got infitive amount of batarangs, do you honestly think they would want players to face this kind of scenario:

Player: Finally i made it to last boss, but oh crap after taking down all the thugs my costume got too much damaged! Well off to spent 20 mins to get to the Batcave for a new costume!

Do you _really_ want back and forth running? Honestly the damaged suit is for STORY purpose, not that you take more damage and have to back forth run for a new suit.

I think it depends on what type of gamer your talking about.... A gamer or a batgamer..... Batman fans have been waiting for years for a game like this. Die hard fans would have an orgasm every time they had to take a trip to the batcave no matter what the reason i think lol.

Do you remember the last time us fans were given the option to go to the batcave at anytime during a game......... BATMAN and ROBIN playstation 1 lol.

And actually do you really think that batman would pass up a chance to be more prepared for a fight. He would go back to the cave if he needed to unless there were innocent lives at stake. So I dont see that as such a bad option.

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:34
I just can't wait to find the batcave and actually step into it for the first time. I doubt we are going to have any vehicles inside since the game only takes place in the island, i dont think we will be needing any.

I picture the batcave having all the unlockable costumes side by side in a display case similar to the one pictured below.

http://www.littlestuffedbull.com/images/comics/batmemorials/batmem-jason.jpg

I also picture it being dark and constructed around an actual cave instead of it resembilng an underground fortress.

Plus...
I believe we will be able to obtain/replenish items inside.

I said the same thing, its been years since we have been able to actually roam around a simulated batcave. Not since BATMAN and ROBIN for the ps1. A horrible game lol

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:41

LOL right. Ive never seen those items in the comic book caves, I have seen them in the cartoon. In the animated series he had two faces penny, a joker card and a few other criminal memorabilia in the cave. I dont remember a giant T-rex tho lol

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:45
Where does it say that? Never read that in any articles or QnA...

Me either not only that, all the footage shown of the game so far never shows any holes in the cape. Besides, how would he get holes in his cape, that would mean he has to get shot right lol

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:48
Same goes for me. If batman can just walk out to the batmoblie (someone above said it will double as the batcave) it would kill the feeling that batman is seriously trapped.

I'd rather him not use the batmobile as a fake cave at all. That to me is retarted and a cop out for not actually building a cave. If there is a cave in the subbasement of the asylum why do we need one in the car lol

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 00:55

Thanx so much for that article that was exactly what i wanted to see

SupermanSMASH
4th Apr 2009, 01:25
LOL right. Ive never seen those items in the comic book caves, I have seen them in the cartoon. In the animated series he had two faces penny, a joker card and a few other criminal memorabilia in the cave. I dont remember a giant T-rex tho lol

I guess the mechanical dinosaur was introduced in 1946 in Batman issue 35 titled, "Dinosaur Island". More recently, it was used by Nightwing in the comics to help defeat a bunch of ninja sent by Ra's al Ghul...Ninja's and dinosaurs?...Honestly, I hope this game lacks those. :)

Oh! And no giant mechanical spiders please. ;)

Kai Rei
4th Apr 2009, 01:31
Me either not only that, all the footage shown of the game so far never shows any holes in the cape. Besides, how would he get holes in his cape, that would mean he has to get shot right lol

Well, some of the inmate's are armed with what look like machine gun's, so it make's sense for as to why the Batman's cape would begin to show hole's. [the cape would have to get shot up, ofcourse].

Jorelsson
4th Apr 2009, 01:39
Well, some of the inmate's are armed with what look like machine gun's, so it make's sense for as to why the Batman's cape would begin to show hole's. [the cape would have to get shot up, ofcourse].

Right, kind of blows the whole stealth thing tho lol