PDA

View Full Version : What are you going to do when you get it?

jhonnyboy
17th Mar 2009, 13:10
I was thinking to myself what will i do when the day finally arrives that Batman: Arkham Asylum is released! :) So this is what will probably happen in my scenario.

1) I shall go to my local video game store and buy the game.
2) When i arrive at my house, I shall open it and take in the "brand new smell."
3) I will read the manual and the back of the game cover.
4) Go to school or work if needed and when i get back home...
5) I will sit down and play for a couple of hours, eat, take a shower, play again and go to sleep. Then i will repeat steps 4-5 :)

Then i will be very happy and going nuts as hopefully this is the best Batman game that has ever been made to date. :whistle:

I can't possibly wait to see the graphics, to play as Batman, to throw that Batarang for the first time, or to use my cape and glide across the room to grab someone on the other side without ever being noticed :rolleyes:

What will you guys do when you get the game into your hands?

ryukoken69
17th Mar 2009, 13:18
I was thinking to myself what will i do when the day finally arrives that Batman: Arkham Asylum is released! :) So this is what will probably happen in my scenario.

2) When i arrive at my house, I shall open it and take in the "brand new smell."
5) I will sit down and play for a couple of hours, eat, take a shower, play again and go to sleep. Then i will repeat steps 4-5 :)

Then i will be very happy and going nuts as hopefully this is the best Batman game that has ever been made to date. :whistle:

I can't possibly wait to see the graphics, to play as Batman, to throw that Batarang for the first time, or to use my cape and glide across the room to grab someone on the other side without ever being noticed :rolleyes:

Hope my GF subscription is still good, and hope its shipped out so I get it asap from release!

Revanchist
17th Mar 2009, 14:14

The worst thing EVER is if you go to the shop and it's sold out...:mad2:

Why So Serious ?
17th Mar 2009, 16:21
well I'm not a nerd so I'm not going to play it right away i'll wait a few hours.

k1ll1ng j0k3
17th Mar 2009, 16:24
well I am a huge nerd so I will play it right away and as much as I can, I am even thinking of getting that day off from my job just to play it:D

Drazar
17th Mar 2009, 16:30
well I'm not a nerd so I'm not going to play it right away i'll wait a few hours.

So your a sadist to yourself then? ;) :rasp: I'll just enjoy the game and try and get all the archievements and such, i really just wanna enjoy a good story with an addition of good gameplay.

K0Rupt3r
17th Mar 2009, 16:36

If I buy a game I don't tend to sit around for a couple of hours twiddling my thumbs... I stick it straight in the console! Might be just me though?

angleslam99
17th Mar 2009, 16:42
Depending on the day I'll either have to take off work or class. As soon as I buy it, I'm playing it!

Batmanhill6157
17th Mar 2009, 17:10
I'm going to play it

Kai Rei
17th Mar 2009, 17:40
I shall rule the world!!!

But seriously though, order it online, and then when on the day it arrive's, open it, take in that "new smell", read the manuel, place the game into my PC, and play!

QCypher
17th Mar 2009, 17:53
I shall rule the world!!!

But seriously though, order it online, and then when on the day it arrive's, open it, take in that "new smell", read the manuel, place the game into my PC, and play!

Ahhh...but you must install first...:nut:

jhonnyboy
17th Mar 2009, 19:28

We'll then i guess we'll be taking in the brand new smell and reading the manual while it installs lmao

Kraken890
18th Mar 2009, 04:53
I'll buy one to play with and the other I'll keep sealed in a plastic cover and hang it up on my wall:p

Kai Rei
18th Mar 2009, 05:12

With my dual 9800 GeForce graphic's card's, it'll be worth it. ;)

The-Joker-Legend-For-Ever
18th Mar 2009, 10:44
maybe jumping from the window

WOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHA

I think it's gana be the best day in may hall life

chip5541
18th Mar 2009, 13:15
Hook up an IV bottle, get a bedpan and vegetate in front of the TV for about a week :D

QCypher
18th Mar 2009, 15:13

:eek: Amazing....lol

jhonnyboy
18th Mar 2009, 15:13
I'll buy one to play with and the other I'll keep sealed in a plastic cover and hang it up on my wall

lmao i can actually picture that ><

jhonnyboy
18th Mar 2009, 15:16

My computer heats up a lot with my 9800GT GeForce graphics card. I can't imagine putting two in there lol.

Hook up an IV bottle, get a bedpan and vegetate in front of the TV for about a week :D

lol i couldn't stop laughing when i read this :lol:

Kai Rei
18th Mar 2009, 21:20
My computer heats up a lot with my 9800GT GeForce graphics card. I can't imagine putting two in there lol.

My comp can actually hold 4 at once I think. Either 4 or 6, but I know it was an even number.

give me D money
28th Mar 2009, 21:43
look at it then put it in a bom fire jk:D

CrashxUae
28th Mar 2009, 21:45
Im going to play it up to 5-6 hours without sleeping . :zzZ:

jhonnyboy
29th Mar 2009, 03:42
I wonder if they are going to do a midnight release :scratch:

I might want to go :) and see some people with Batman costumes and share the excitement waiting for the doors to open to get the game.

Kraken890
29th Mar 2009, 05:02
I didn't think stores stayed open till 12 at night, except fast-food.

jhonnyboy
29th Mar 2009, 12:11
Local game stores down here like Gamestop have midnight releases all the time. They close, then they open at midnight to release the game. Only popular titles though. That's why I'm thinking they would do it with this one.

jhonnyboy
30th Mar 2009, 21:46
come on Midnight Release! :)

KillerCroc
30th Mar 2009, 21:51
I may get it at midnight, possibly, maybe.

The_Hylden
31st Mar 2009, 02:04
Since I just got a $20 dollar Best Buy gift card, it's going straight to ordering this game for PC. So, hopefully on the day of release I will be first holding it in my hands, taking in the new smell, reading a bit of the manual (mainly just “ooh”ing and “aaah”ing over the artwork) and, once installed, playing the hell out of it. Hopefully, immersed to my core into the game, the music, the great characters (voiced by the great actors -- we know who they are;))...

Ah, can't wait!

jhonnyboy
31st Mar 2009, 02:08
Since I just got a $20 dollar Best Buy gift card, it's going straight to ordering this game for PC. So, hopefully on the day of release I will be first holding it in my hands, taking in the new smell, reading a bit of the manual (mainly just “ooh”ing and “aaah”ing over the artwork) and, once installed, playing the hell out of it. Hopefully, immersed to my core into the game, the music, the great characters (voiced by the great actors -- we know who they are;))...

Ah, can't wait!

This sounds....perfect! I should reserve mines considering that now a days stores don't get many PC games.

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 02:08
That pre-order costume bugs me, I can't decide because Best Buy usually takes off $10 the first day, well it costs $5 to pre-order, then I pay, $5 dollars off, maybe just maybe.

imbatman08
31st Mar 2009, 18:47
when i get this game i think i mite *** in my pants then as soon as iv cleaned myself up im goin to slowley open the box smell that new game freshnes hahaha and stick it in the ps3 and kick arkhams ass !!

jhonnyboy
1st Apr 2009, 23:07
lol i think we will all have our moment to breathe in the "brand new" smell. I don't think i will believe when i actually have the game in my hands. It will be a dream come true :)

ShadowOfTheKnight
1st Apr 2009, 23:09
i ll try my new 12'' batarang in the backyard...those squirrels better be ready!

jhonnyboy
1st Apr 2009, 23:11
i ll try my new 12'' batarang in the backyard...those squirrels better be ready!

rotflmao pretty original :nut:

the scarecrow
2nd Apr 2009, 04:23
throw that disk in my xbox and kick some ass:mad2:

giz
2nd Apr 2009, 11:14
hehe, i got a XFX 8800GT graphic card ^^ 1024mb w00t can't wait to run it :p

*edit*

i will breath in the new smell like everyone ^^
then i'll look into the 50pages book while the game installs.
take a shower get some food and play for hours!

Drazar
2nd Apr 2009, 11:22
Thing i'll envy about the PC version will be all the fan edits, your bound to see people making all kinds of unique Batman costumes, hell a guy even made a Warhammer 40k Space Marine outfit for his Fallout 3 character.