PDA

View Full Version : why the delay in release?

oscar1
15th Mar 2009, 19:50
Amazon had the release date for this game as 27th March until this week. It's now first week of May. Why do game companies do this? Don't they know when they're going to be able to release games? Not very professional Rocksteady.:mad2:

angleslam99
15th Mar 2009, 19:55
To be fair, there was no real release date revealed at all from Rocksteady other than "Summer 2009"

Drazar
15th Mar 2009, 19:56
Amazon had the release date for this game as 27th March until this week. It's now first week of May. Why do game companies do this? Don't they know when they're going to be able to release games? Not very professional Rocksteady.:mad2:

As already stated Rocksteady nor Eidos have made any official statement when the game is coming.

K0Rupt3r
15th Mar 2009, 19:57

What makes you think that Amazon's idea of the release date is in any way accurate? I'm pretty sure there has been no official release date announced yet. If you read this forum then you'll find as many so called "official" release dates as there are threads...

EDIT: Wow I must have typed that slow, wasn't a single reply when I started typing...

FrozenInferno
15th Mar 2009, 20:10
I think the release date is June 9, 2009.

Wigglez
16th Mar 2009, 00:51

The release date might have not been announced yet. So Amazon could just be getting faulse information. But who knows? Even if they did push the release back, it might have been because they need to do improvments or even to add more to the game.

TheDarkestKnight
22nd Mar 2009, 19:36
June 9th 2009

K0Rupt3r
22nd Mar 2009, 19:47
March 32nd 2009

Why So Serious ?
22nd Mar 2009, 20:19
Its really funny how people begged for this game not to be rushed they all want it to come out asap. let them take their time the longer the wait the better the game.

22nd Mar 2009, 21:28
Its really funny how people begged for this game not to be rushed they all want it to come out asap. let them take their time the longer the wait the better the game.

That's the gamer complex for you. They want it done well, and they want it done yesterday.

imbatman08
23rd Mar 2009, 02:09

They did start this game 18 months ago dnt u think its bout time its done already

y_so_serious_son
23rd Mar 2009, 03:37
They did start this game 18 months ago dnt u think its bout time its done already

In all fairness, a good AAA title can take anywhere from 2-4 years to produce. Release dates change all the time for games, that's just the nature of the business. New bugs are found in the Beta and they need to be addressed before release. It is quite normal in this industry and I, for one, will be expecting a great title from Eidos.

thebatman226
23rd Mar 2009, 04:05
and i for one want my batman game |:< hahaha

imbatman08
24th Mar 2009, 02:25
In all fairness, a good AAA title can take anywhere from 2-4 years to produce. Release dates change all the time for games, that's just the nature of the business. New bugs are found in the Beta and they need to be addressed before release. It is quite normal in this industry and I, for one, will be expecting a great title from Eidos.

ooooo thank u for the eye opener my friend....i defo hope this game wont take 2-4 years tho hahaha:eek: