PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition Includes A Batarang and More!!!

FrozenInferno
13th Mar 2009, 23:56
Includes:

- 12" Batarang
- DC Custom Encyclopedia
- DLC Pack 1
- Bonus DVD with Behind the Scenes feature
- Soundtrack

Sad news is that it costs $100.

This info is from Kotaku, read more here: http://kotaku.com/5169835/batman-arkham-asylum-collectors-edition-has-a-batarang-bruce-wayne-budget-price

The thing that caught my eye was DLC pack 1? So this pretty much confirms DLC.

PS3/PSPGamer7
14th Mar 2009, 00:05
I don't mean to be rude but 1 day late, hence the topic Collector's Edition

FrozenInferno
14th Mar 2009, 00:07
I don't mean to be rude but 1 day late, hence the topic Collector's EditionMy bad, but at least this list what it includes.

PS3/PSPGamer7
14th Mar 2009, 00:10
Oh I just fully read your post, DLC pack, that sounds intereting. Thanks:thumb:

FrozenInferno
14th Mar 2009, 00:16
Oh I just fully read your post, DLC pack, that sounds intereting. Thanks:thumb:Soooo, this is new

PS3/PSPGamer7
14th Mar 2009, 00:18
Yes so I guess really it was MY bad.

Batmanhill6157
14th Mar 2009, 00:29
what the hell is the DLC? Getting hard to know whats true

angleslam99
14th Mar 2009, 01:28
Looks like I'll have to get $100 together between now and the release date

The_Hylden
14th Mar 2009, 05:52
what the hell is the DLC? Getting hard to know whats true

Well, I don't think they're releasing DLC right when the game launches. Kinda defeats the purpose of it. It's probably just a voucher for the first DLC that is to come after the game's launch, so you won't have to pay for it later like everyone else...

Termix
14th Mar 2009, 11:41
Well games in Germany cost 69.99€ which is about 90$ and thats not a CE, so i guess the price isn't so bad.
And downloadable content.... would be interesting to know what it could be, new models? new suits? new bosses? new weapons? new levels?

door noob
14th Mar 2009, 15:59
Well, I don't think they're releasing DLC right when the game launches. Kinda defeats the purpose of it. It's probably just a voucher for the first DLC that is to come after the game's launch, so you won't have to pay for it later like everyone else...

The dlc just contains an extra in game villain, not a whole new chapter, so don't worry it will not ruin the game:thumb:

Why So Serious ?
15th Mar 2009, 00:43
Looks like I'll have to get $100 together between now and the release date

105.01 really

ryukoken69
15th Mar 2009, 01:46
Well the link you provided has a link to gamestop...
So I clicked there and this is what GS said for the CE version...
" Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition comes with: Final contents of collector’s edition are to be determined."
So if what you posted is truth perhaps you should tell GS.

VergilC
15th Mar 2009, 01:48
Includes:

- 12" Batarang
- DC Custom Encyclopedia
- DLC Pack 1
- Bonus DVD with Behind the Scenes feature
- Soundtrack

Sad news is that it costs $100.

This info is from Kotaku, read more here: http://kotaku.com/5169835/batman-arkham-asylum-collectors-edition-has-a-batarang-bruce-wayne-budget-price

The thing that caught my eye was DLC pack 1? So this pretty much confirms DLC.

I WANT IT SOOO BAD!!!! SO PRE-ORDERING SE!!!

thebatman226
15th Mar 2009, 06:37
i am soooo getting this :thumb:
when i went to preorder it they said it comes out june 9th
so i think that it may be the release date :D

CodeBlack
15th Mar 2009, 18:42
After SFIV I promised myself I wouldn't go overboard paying for games anymore...

Curses, foiled again.

K0Rupt3r
15th Mar 2009, 19:52
SE isn't even "preorderable" on any UK sites yet :( If anyone finds one then please let me know...

ryukoken69
15th Mar 2009, 21:18
I dont see why people are so worked up about the CE version...
GS clearly states....
Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition comes with: Final contents of collector’s edition are to be determined
on their website, which means thats not a confirmed list of CE features yet.
If it was set in stone it would be listed at GS, which that articale refers to it being off GS....
Lets all wait till its actually confirmed so we dont get the whinners in here crying about the CE didn't have such and such in it.

swan15
20th Mar 2009, 21:00
EB Games and Gamestop Both Updated And Say:

Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition comes with:

* Waynetech Batarang Storage Box
* 12” In-Game Design Batarang (stand attached)
* Dr Young’s Journal (50 page full color character encyclopedia)
* 2 Sleeve DIGI-Pack Including:
o Game
o Behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, including:
o Interviews with Mark Hammil and Kevin Conroy
* Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
* Manual

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74238

Why So Serious ?
20th Mar 2009, 21:03

o Game
* Manual

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74238

so no villain?

ThtsWhtSheSd16
20th Mar 2009, 21:37
What I found more interesting was the description of the game as you scroll down further on the link, which says:

"Lead by The Joker, the inmates of Arkham Asylum have seized control of their island prison. Bane, held captive in an underground lab by a psychotic young doctor and Harley Quinn, is subjected to having his venom extracted against his will. Using this super-steroid that makes each criminal more powerful than ever, The Joker plans to escape and wreak havoc on Gotham City and ultimately kill Batman. Batman is determined to stay alive and hold onto his sanity as he takes down the enhanced super-criminals. Along the way he must rescue trapped doctors and other asylum workers. In the finale he must resist the temptation to use venom himself and take down the super-enhanced Joker any way he can."

I guess this would somewhat explain Harley in a nurse's outfit and confirms Bane? I don't know how believeable it is, but if true, it sounds pretty intriguing.

Drazar
20th Mar 2009, 21:56
Okay, this just shows that the strong guy we see in the very 1st trailer might just be an ordinary thug and not Amygdala.

Why So Serious ?
20th Mar 2009, 21:59
Okay, this just shows that the strong guy we see in the very 1st trailer might just be an ordinary thug and not Amygdala.

then why did the trailer that gamespot show call him amygadala and announce mr.freez posion ivy ect..?

Drazar
20th Mar 2009, 22:02
then why did the trailer that gamespot show call him amygadala and announce mr.freez posion ivy ect..?

Because its the most popular theory but now we have further proof about these mutated thugs, it could be Amygdala on this drug but it could just be a normal thug for all we know. =p We still have to see will Amygdala (among Two-Face and others) even get confirmed for this game.

FrozenInferno
20th Mar 2009, 23:16

o Game
* Manual

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74238So the DLC will be a Challenge Map. Hmmm, could it be like Zombie mode in CoD WaW, Horde mode like GoW 2 or Mercenaries for RE5. Maybe in this map you must defeat as many thugs as possible.

Drazar
20th Mar 2009, 23:59
I really hope it doesn't stay CE only tho, i really think it is like RE's Mercenary mode or like Challange of the Titans in GoW.

angleslam99
21st Mar 2009, 00:50
So the DLC will be a Challenge Map. Hmmm, could it be like Zombie mode in CoD WaW, Horde mode like GoW 2 or Mercenaries for RE5. Maybe in this map you must defeat as many thugs as possible.

I like these types of missions. It's just amusing to see how many thugs you can take down before being defeated

JonWang
21st Mar 2009, 03:22
*Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC

That sounds delicious. What I dont like is the word exclusive. I wonder if there will be any chance any of the non-colector ediotion people would be able to just buy that bit...

Doesnt DLC stand for Downloadable Content? I just want to get my hopes up to get a piece of that, without spending a 100 bucks on a game.

aquarius_varun
21st Mar 2009, 04:07
I have waited for a batman game since I was less than 10 yrs old. Batman is my favourite superhero. I will definitely get the collector's edition for the PS3. I hope the game truly lives up to the hype. Please don't screw this up Eidos....this game has a lot of potential. Just like sony santa monica did with God of war 2, get testers to test the game, take feedback...iron out everything...make sure the gameplay, story, items etc make sense...The script and voice work I know will be amazing and perfect from the batman universe. I am just worried about repitition. Enough variety, fun gameplay will surely make this a game to remember.

The Jedi Guardian
21st Mar 2009, 16:23
I have waited for a batman game since I was less than 10 yrs old. Batman is my favourite superhero. I will definitely get the collector's edition for the PS3. I hope the game truly lives up to the hype. Please don't screw this up Eidos....this game has a lot of potential. Just like sony santa monica did with God of war 2, get testers to test the game, take feedback...iron out everything...make sure the gameplay, story, items etc make sense...The script and voice work I know will be amazing and perfect from the batman universe. I am just worried about repitition. Enough variety, fun gameplay will surely make this a game to remember.

I don't think we will have as much repitition like Batman Begins. We can take down enemies in many different ways. Environment should be similar in holding cells of regular thugs. The other cells with the insane should be personalized and different.

The only repitition I can see is taking down a boss. There are some you have to fight. There is a switch that turns on something dangerous for them that you hit with the batarang. There may be some that you have to dodge and if chased, then lure them into a pit or something. I don't really know, but I see that we would be using the batarang a lot and consecutive movements.