PDA

View Full Version : Collectors Edition?

PS3/PSPGamer7
13th Mar 2009, 01:53
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74238
Is this true? I prob won't be getting i since it's $99! Way to much if thats even true

k1ll1ng j0k3
13th Mar 2009, 02:04
I hope it's true! too bad it will be so expensive but I know myself, I could be broke and still find a way to get it only because it's batman

PS3/PSPGamer7
13th Mar 2009, 02:15
I would probably buy it but not much $ right now so it would be a problem. I am barely having enough to buy this game. And I may not even if I can't get enough. Its all about how well my stuff sells on craigslist

door noob
13th Mar 2009, 14:55
If so the page states that the collectors edition will be shipped on june 3rd, should we consider valuble information?

The Jedi Guardian
13th Mar 2009, 15:25
I'd love this package. The game $60, dvd (usually $20), soundtrack around $15, thats already 95 dollars and there is the batarang and the encyclopedia and the dlc pack 1.

jhonnyboy
13th Mar 2009, 16:36
I'd love this package. The game $60, dvd (usually $20), soundtrack around $15, thats already 95 dollars and there is the batarang and the encyclopedia and the dlc pack 1.

All of this is really included in the collectors edition?

I was going to get the collectors edition anyway but wow this makes it sound even better. The collectors edition is worth it :)

CrashxUae
13th Mar 2009, 17:16
I dont matter if there a collectors edition

I Just want to play the Game:D

Why So Serious ?
13th Mar 2009, 17:25
Thats way to much money it would be $105.01(tax included) here in NY.

The Jedi Guardian
14th Mar 2009, 02:34
look at my post Why so Serious above jhnonny boy

It is a very good deal for a collectors item, without the game it is a total of 40 dollars. The dvd and the soundtrack add up to something like 80 percent of that. I haven't even included the batarang, the enclyclopedia and the dowloadable content.

Sorry I have to argue, but it is true, and you don't actually have to buy it even though you didn't mention it.

PS3/PSPGamer7
14th Mar 2009, 03:08
Why would I pay for the soundtrack, that is included in the game... so cut that out, and the point of an encylcopedia is for what? Just for more $, DLC really depends on 1. what it is and 2. how much. I cna't say I agree with you on this. I hope they change that and just have a batarang, the game, and a different cover like what SM3 did for its CE. All in all a CE I think anyway should be just about $70. That is a fair price. If they charge this for a soundtrack that is included in the game, and encyclopedia(once again just for profit no real purpose), a batarang( ok that cool) and DLC which I could get w/o this CE edition if they release it of course. I can't see them making much profit from this. Of course there are those fans who just need it but how many really? I could get a PSP bundle for that price. 1 PSP, a game or 1 PS3 game with stuff that isn't as important. This is just my opinion on it and thats about it...:wave:Oh wait one more thing, I could get the soundtrack for free, I don't need to pay for it. This is just a sad pathetic scheme to steal the money out of all our pockets

jhonnyboy
14th Mar 2009, 03:21

It is a very good deal for a collectors item, without the game it is a total of 40 dollars. The dvd and the soundtrack add up to something like 80 percent of that. I haven't even included the batarang, the enclyclopedia and the dowloadable content.

Sorry I have to argue, but it is true, and you don't actually have to buy it even though you didn't mention it.

Jedi Guardian what are you arguing about? I am not disagreeing on anything you said :nut:

I think the collectors edition is a great addition to any batman fan's collection.

Here is a link for all of you guys that want to see what it includes. The source of all this information is GAMESTOP.
http://kotaku.com/5169835/batman-arkham-asylum-collectors-edition-has-a-batarang-bruce-wayne-budget-price

Kai Rei
14th Mar 2009, 03:30
If the PC version has a Collector's Edition, then I'll buy that. The Encyclopedia sound's pretty cool, too.

Why So Serious ?
14th Mar 2009, 03:59

I never said i wasnt going to get it it seems just a lil too much and xbox srews us over a lot i mean they can atleast make dlc free with all the red rings of death.

angleslam99
14th Mar 2009, 06:25
Why would I pay for the soundtrack, that is included in the game... so cut that out, and the point of an encylcopedia is for what? Just for more $, DLC really depends on 1. what it is and 2. how much. I cna't say I agree with you on this. I hope they change that and just have a batarang, the game, and a different cover like what SM3 did for its CE. All in all a CE I think anyway should be just about $70. That is a fair price. If they charge this for a soundtrack that is included in the game, and encyclopedia(once again just for profit no real purpose), a batarang( ok that cool) and DLC which I could get w/o this CE edition if they release it of course. I can't see them making much profit from this. Of course there are those fans who just need it but how many really? I could get a PSP bundle for that price. 1 PSP, a game or 1 PS3 game with stuff that isn't as important. This is just my opinion on it and thats about it...:wave:Oh wait one more thing, I could get the soundtrack for free, I don't need to pay for it. This is just a sad pathetic scheme to steal the money out of all our pockets

That's why it's called the Collector's Edition, for those who are the die hard fans and are willing to pay for it. No one is forcing you to buy it. I will buy it. If you are into comics as much as I am, the encyclopedia is extremely resourceful for getting tons of info on your favorite DC heroes. The encyclopedia runs about 40-50 bucks in the store so it's an amazing deal here.

The Jedi Guardian
14th Mar 2009, 07:30
Jedi Guardian what are you arguing about? I am not disagreeing on anything you said

I think the collectors edition is a great addition to any batman fan's collection.

Sorry I was refering to Why So Serious, I mentioned you because my post was before yours.Quote

I never said i wasnt going to get it it seems just a lil too much and xbox srews us over a lot i mean they can atleast make dlc free with all the red rings of death.

I know you didn't mention it,
I am a die hard fan of Batman. I am a musician, I love soundtracks, example I am now listening to the soundtrack by Shriley Walker for the Batman Mask of the Phantasm. I'm just saying it is a great deal, I don't like downloading that much music unless I can't get it anywhere else. It gives me pride to own something that is both limited and adds a dark effect to the game. And I am glad I have a good job, but first I have to get the ps3. Ah this game will probably come out for sure in June (yay, birthday month), may's fine too.

By listening to the trailers it is pretty decent and is something similar to what Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard have done. I am a collector of batman media, comics would be to hard to and find (I haven't tried getting the graphic novels yet)

Thanks for the support angleslam99, that was a lot of content and apologies.

PS3/PSPGamer7
14th Mar 2009, 15:24
That's why it's called the Collector's Edition, for those who are the die hard fans and are willing to pay for it. No one is forcing you to buy it. I will buy it. If you are into comics as much as I am, the encyclopedia is extremely resourceful for getting tons of info on your favorite DC heroes. The encyclopedia runs about 40-50 bucks in the store so it's an amazing deal here.

Ok... but I already know all I want to know about these guys from the comics.
Plus all of the info in the encyclopedia is on the internet so...Ah heck what is the point all we are posting is opininions. I'm done with this topic
P.S. are you seriously thinking a book is worth 40-50:lmao: ? Mabye a box set but not 1 book. Ah you people make me smile with cost of things:wave:

The Jedi Guardian
14th Mar 2009, 16:18
Yeah most stuff is on the internet, but a good thing is you would have it all right in front of you. If it is 40-50 in a store that is a pretty good big book then.

I love this deal.:D