PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion about best Thief???

osman
12th Mar 2009, 20:44
Your opinion about best Thief???
Choose and tell me why???

-thief 1
thief gold

-thief 2
-thief 2x (shadows of the metal age)

-thief 3:

:wave:

theBlackman
13th Mar 2009, 06:48
A simple SEARCH would bring up a dozen threads that have your question answered as well as Polls on the same.

Chiefdreams
13th Mar 2009, 21:45
A simple SEARCH would bring up a dozen threads that have your question answered as well as Polls on the same.

If you only had a nickle for every time you've said that.

BrokenArts
14th Mar 2009, 00:39
Thief Gold, I'm a purist.

GmanPro
19th Mar 2009, 02:30
Thief 2 ftw! :D

Necros
19th Mar 2009, 14:38
Thief 2 ftw! :D
:thumbsup: Thief 3 is a close second though. :o :D

Shadow Creepr
19th Mar 2009, 21:33
Thief Gold is my pick.

GmanPro
20th Mar 2009, 01:07
:thumbsup: Thief 3 is a close second though. :o :D

I would have been much more happy with Thief 3 it hadn't been for the gameplay changes. But the story, characters, level design, ambience was all right on note :cool: I'd say its my second favorite as well.

Drackulis
22nd Mar 2009, 13:34
I go with Thief: Deadly Shadows.
That game introduced me to the Thief world.:cool:

littlek
2nd Apr 2009, 12:31
Thief Gold :gamer:

WhatsHisFace
2nd Apr 2009, 12:55
Thief 2 is simply the best way to experience all the Thief gameplay has (and should) offer.

kevycanavan
13th Apr 2009, 15:44
1. The Dark Project/Gold
2. 2X
3. The Metal Age

Don't like deadly shadows at all

Lord Tony
16th Apr 2009, 07:43
I always got lost in the town in Thief Deadly Shadows but that didn't keep me from enjoying the game. What really doesn't make sense is if they knew the |Abysmal Gale was full of zombies why didn't they just burn the ship?

jtr7
16th Apr 2009, 07:59
The ghost ship, with the murdered and/or undead crew, was under investigation for obvious reasons, and docked for less than 6 days. The Old Gray Lady, some Keepers, Garrett, and the City Watch all had an interest in it. Nothing was going to happen until all the prophesied events happened as they were written.

Since it was docked under its own volition, I doubt it could've been tugged away from the piers to be burned safely. I suppose the people there could've soaked down all the wood around there to keep flames, ashes, and embers from sparking an unwanted fire at Docks itself.

Lord Tony
17th Apr 2009, 02:06
The guards are not smart enough for that. You can stack about 40 bodies in one place and after the guards see it they will just go back to work in about 5 minutes and not care anymore.

WhatsHisFace
17th Apr 2009, 04:19
I always got lost in the town in Thief Deadly Shadows but that didn't keep me from enjoying the game. What really doesn't make sense is if they knew the |Abysmal Gale was full of zombies why didn't they just burn the ship?

Pretty much for the same reason that you don't nuke a building full of hostages when terrorists are inside.

jtr7
17th Apr 2009, 05:32
The guards are not smart enough for that. You can stack about 40 bodies in one place and after the guards see it they will just go back to work in about 5 minutes and not care anymore.

:nut:

I thought we were talking story, since the game AI would not be throwing oil flasks and torches onto the ship. Story and the lack of "I" in "AI" game-mechanics are nearly separate. So what it SOUNDS like you're saying, then, is the AI wouldn't be smart enough to even just burn the ship, like you first questioned.

Lord Tony
17th Apr 2009, 11:51
If the AI is not smart enough to begin with then it wouldn't make sense if it was intelligent to do something for the story.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Apr 2009, 22:56
Both Thief1 and 2 get my best vote. :thumb:
Thief3, not... sorry. The removal of the rope arrow, no secret passages or rooftop freedom disappointed me. I didn't like the loading between areas either. :(

jtr7
21st Apr 2009, 23:48
Of course, it needs to be clarified, for others who aren't aware of the facts, that the rope arrows weren't removed. The devs were stymied and lost a lot of time unable to get them working in a bug-riddled and botched modified editor. But yeah, the lack was sorely felt by most fans that cut their taffin' teeth on the previous chapters.:hmm:

Lord Tony
11th May 2009, 09:39
Both Thief1 and 2 get my best vote. :thumb:
Thief3, not... sorry. The removal of the rope arrow, no secret passages or rooftop freedom disappointed me. I didn't like the loading between areas either. :(

Theif 3 has secret passages and it did have a rooftop freedom if you don't recall. When all the assassin's come after you then you can go on the roof.