PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum Official cover !!!

Bob Kane
11th Mar 2009, 15:34
Eidos has released today the official cover of Batman: Arkham Asylum, really beautiful:) :wave:

EDIT: PS3 version add

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/BatmanArkhamAsylumBlog/2667e0cc.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/BatmanArkhamAsylumBlog/f6cba5fa.jpg

Drazar
11th Mar 2009, 15:54
Love it.

door noob
11th Mar 2009, 15:57
:eek: it's awwwwwssssooommmee:lmao:

Blackmagic12345
11th Mar 2009, 16:04
I usually dont care about this kind of stuff, but this is pretty damn cool!

jhonnyboy
11th Mar 2009, 20:40
yes indeed :) what's even cooler is a new trailer tomorrow :) Can't wait.

Drazar
11th Mar 2009, 21:08
Notice also his batarmor is damaged, isnt this what the developers hinted? the closer the end you get the more damaged the suit gets.

Kai Rei
11th Mar 2009, 21:14
That cover reek's of badassery. Great job, guy's!

QCypher
11th Mar 2009, 21:49
Its hard to stop smiling its so cool!

And did you say TRAILER?!?!???

CrashxUae
11th Mar 2009, 21:50
Is it means when you damage in the game , batman suit will damage ???:confused:

Drazar
11th Mar 2009, 21:52
Is it means when you damage in the game , batman suit will damage ???:confused:

No, i mean when you progress throuth the game the suit gets more damaged looking naturally, lets say slightly each time you deal with a boss for example.

angleslam99
11th Mar 2009, 21:55
No, i mean when you progress throuth the game the suit gets more damaged looking naturally, lets say slightly each time you deal with a boss for example.

Yeah, Batman's suit slowly begins to get beaten up and start deteriorating as the game progresses

ICK14
11th Mar 2009, 22:39
Yeah, Batman's suit slowly begins to get beaten up and start deteriorating as the game progresses

Whoa, really? Thats a really nice touch for the game...

GREAT COVER!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

Why So Serious ?
12th Mar 2009, 00:12
This is a very nice cover, but i would of added joker in it too.

Why So Serious ?
12th Mar 2009, 00:14

bet you anything that will be an achievement Don't get your suit recked.

SammiiDoogles
12th Mar 2009, 00:16
Nahh, Tbh, joker is my favourite character, but i think just having batman makes him seem more ominous and powerful, and it shows he is alone in his mission.

I Think having joker in the boxart would've just killed the whole vibe.
i Couldnt think of a better boxart for this game :thumb:
Looks Brilliant :)

El Joker
12th Mar 2009, 02:01
Joker in my opinion is the best villain of all-time. Thats why I AM HOPING that theres a Limited Edition one with the Joker on it and throw in some small batarang key chains or what not with the LE:nut:

Why So Serious ?
12th Mar 2009, 02:10
Joker in my opinion is the best villain of all-time. Thats why I AM HOPING that theres a Limited Edition one with the Joker on it and throw in some small batarang key chains or what not with the LE:nut: or what the can to is have a coin with batman on one side and joker on the other. The key chain is also good maybe they can use small batman figuers.

roadie88
12th Mar 2009, 02:12
Actually i have read an interview that basicly said that the suit will get damaged depending on how you play the game in the sense that while you are playing the suit will get damage for instance if you are gliding towards an enimy and shoots at you your cape can take damage and will have holes and such as well the more your cape gets shot up it will afect your gliding abilitys in the game

Blackmagic12345
12th Mar 2009, 02:48
Actually i have read an interview that basicly said that the suit will get damaged depending on how you play the game in the sense that while you are playing the suit will get damage for instance if you are gliding towards an enimy and shoots at you your cape can take damage and will have holes and such as well the more your cape gets shot up it will afect your gliding abilitys in the game

That seems like it would be hard to pull off, but if your right that is awsome.

The Jedi Guardian
12th Mar 2009, 04:31
Getting off topic here.

The background looks great, but the pose of batman could have been better. I was expecting more cape and cloak action (him gliding off the building, looking like a bat with both arms holding the cape, etc.)

I think what makes me not like the pic is that he is really looking down showing the ears really high and they are near the back of his skull.

Other views of him in the trailer and screenshots look better.

Other than that it is awesome

Kraken890
12th Mar 2009, 05:40
Holy Crap! Batman's in this game. Now it's going to be even better.

Seriously though, great work on the cover. The only thing is that since theyre making this game soo good and have released videos, pictures and info on it already is the question of: Do we even need that high quality of a cover if everybody's already got it reserved anyway? Plus the gamestores have probably got their shipment of stand-up ads and posters to which the workers have probably stolen half of for their guilty pleasure and then the long lines outside of the stores, if that doesn't accidently bring the highschool fraternity and college partiers and busy workers in, what hope will the cover have?
:)

Blak Puddn
12th Mar 2009, 11:18
Absolutely awesome I can't wait to get my hands on hold this game! and the beauty of this game is on XBOX 360 it says XBOX LIVE in the upper right hand corner which means DLC baby WOOOOOOOO!

ElitistBerk
12th Mar 2009, 11:58
I've been trolling this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to start posting here :)

I really like this cover! It's smart and it looks sweet! I like how you've got batman standing on Arkham Island but then in the background you can see Gotham city and the sea separating them.

Why So Serious ?
12th Mar 2009, 15:35
Absolutely awesome I can't wait to get my hands on hold this game! and the beauty of this game is on XBOX 360 it says XBOX LIVE in the upper right hand corner which means DLC baby WOOOOOOOO!

Dont all the xbox games say xbox live. I mean i have the hulk video game and there were no downloads for that

Eminemdrdre00
12th Mar 2009, 22:31
Where did you find the covers?

CrashxUae
12th Mar 2009, 22:44
I think the game is very close to release becuase They release a Gameplay Video and the cover but wich time eidos will said to us the release date .

imbatman08
12th Mar 2009, 22:52
I thought this.. If we have seen the cover the game must be cuming out soonish !!

I HOPE SOOOOOOOOOOO :nut:

angleslam99
12th Mar 2009, 22:54
I'm still a bit disappointed that we dont have a release date yet. I mean its already March...

CrashxUae
12th Mar 2009, 22:55
I'm still a bit disappointed that we dont have a release date yet. I mean its already March...

Me too

QCypher
13th Mar 2009, 02:37

Indeed...

Why So Serious ?
13th Mar 2009, 04:18

Let them take there time. the more the game is taking the better it will be.

thebatman226
15th Mar 2009, 07:55
i rekon the cover looks sick :thumb:
n when i went n pre-ordered my copy, they said the release date was june 9th
so that may very well be the actuall release date

stefanator600
21st Mar 2009, 15:23
The PS3 cover is absolutly perfect because it is all black, which fits Batman super well, sorry Xbox, but your cover just made Batman look like a pansy with its bright green!!!! Ha ha JK lol!!!:D

ElitistBerk
21st Mar 2009, 15:28
Let them take there time. the more the game is taking the better it will be.

This is how I wish everyone would think :) I'm glad that there is a lot of time spent on this game, I mean look at valve and how infrequently they bring out new games. The problem is that it means episode 3 is going to have to be outstanding :P

Lxndr77
23rd Mar 2009, 05:34
http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/360/26357_batman_arkham_asylum-print.png

not sure if this is fan art or real
i google searched Batman Arkham Asylum and this is what came up

ElitistBerk
23rd Mar 2009, 16:28
Well surely that's completely wrong since it supposedly has a T rating or 16+ and it says it has co-op 2 player and online multiplayer 2-8.

+ It says "only on xbox 360" which it never was from the beginning :P someone must be skilled with their photoshop or something

Lxndr77
24th Mar 2009, 00:40
Well surely that's completely wrong since it supposedly has a T rating or 16+ and it says it has co-op 2 player and online multiplayer 2-8.

+ It says "only on xbox 360" which it never was from the beginning :P someone must be skilled with their photoshop or something

i found the same image on another site and its a fansite that has people submit their own custom box art.

sorry for the screw up guys and gals :flowers:

VergilC
24th Mar 2009, 20:41
Eidos has released today the official cover of Batman: Arkham Asylum, really beautiful:) :wave:

EDIT: PS3 version add

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/BatmanArkhamAsylumBlog/2667e0cc.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/BatmanArkhamAsylumBlog/f6cba5fa.jpg

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

DAMN would wish to see JOKER on the cover!!

Kraken890
25th Mar 2009, 20:51
I went into EB Games at my Harford Mall about 15 minutes ago and they had a bunch of empty "Coming Soon" cases for the game hanging up along a shelf. The case had just the logo on it and the back was similar to the Official back cover of the game, but just using different picks and scheme. No new info nor new pics were on it. Is it normal to have the "preview" cover different from the "actual" cover?
The fact they already had the preview cover out must mean that it's about 2-3 months away. Needless to say since they had atleast 20 cases on the shelf, I'll try to see if I can buy one from them for a buck or two, just as a placeholder to squeeze and cherish and sleep with at night.

phathen
26th Mar 2009, 17:41
Dont all the xbox games say xbox live. I mean i have the hulk video game and there were no downloads for that

there is downloadable content for the hulk game