PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst Deus Ex game you can think of?

Ashpolt
10th Mar 2009, 11:52
Spun off from an idea in this read. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76991&page=9)

Imagine Deus Ex 4 has been announced, but nothing has been revealed yet: what are the announcements you'd be dreading? Basically, lay down the blueprints for the worst Deus Ex game you can imagine!

This is just intended as a bit of fun, not as a criticism of DX3 - though it will be interesting to see if any of the ideas here are announced for DX3 later on! :P (Though obviously some will be things which have already been announced...)

I'll start:

-It's an MMO, or at least has a multiplayer focus. (*Shudder*)
-Regenerating health
-Regenerating unified ammo
-Quick time sequences - "Press X not to die"
-Forced boss battles
-Flits between third person and first person in a schizophrenic manner, or is entirely third person.
-Set after Invisible War, with a post-Star Trek level of tech.
-Space levels - actually, scrap that, the whole game is set in space.
-Vehicles sections. IN SPACE.
-Non-violent NPCs are limited to "hub zones" which you visit between missions. Outside these hub zones, everyone will shoot you on sight. EVERYONE. Also, no missions take place inside the hub zones, they're purely for talking to mission givers.
-Experience / skill points are gone completely, but you earn money to buy better weapons.
-You can only carry 2 weapons at a time.
-You have an AI squad who follow you around, and who you have command over. As with all friendly NPCs in any game ever, their AI is atrocious.
-It ends with you becoming Master Chief, thus showing the Deus Ex and Halo universes to be one and the same.

I have a whole bunch more, but I figure I should leave some for other people. :P

Blade_hunter
10th Mar 2009, 12:05
Why you don't try the contrary ? really make your deus ex game instead of making a post like that, suggest what you want instead of what you don't want

K^2
10th Mar 2009, 12:05
On topic: Pong.

Edit: I have an interesting thought for a little 2D game based on Deus Ex. If anyone wants to put some effort into it, I'll throw together an engine.

El_Bel
10th Mar 2009, 12:17
I have already volunteered for the 2D game a long time ago. I though ou forgot it!!

I think we need to talk first before you build the engine.

Blade_hunter
10th Mar 2009, 12:54
A 2D game can be interesting, eventually a Flash game we can use the skills and many elements from DX even the traps, etc ...

K^2
10th Mar 2009, 12:57
I'd run it under OpenGL. That way, I can do quick line-of-sight and shadow checks as well as applying advanced rendering techniques, all without a performance hit.

René
10th Mar 2009, 14:22
This thread is perilously close to being closed. Some comments are valid, some are funny, but most are thingly veiled jabs at the game and after the weekend we just had, we don't need it. Leaving it open for now, but be careful please...

jamhaw
10th Mar 2009, 15:03
If anyone wants to do the exact opposite...
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86737

gamer0004
10th Mar 2009, 16:13
This thread is perilously close to being closed. Some comments are valid, some are funny, but most are thingly veiled jabs at the game and after the weekend we just had, we don't need it. Leaving it open for now, but be careful please...

This is a rather interesting remark. People are talking about the worst possible DX game, and you immediately assume it's DX3-related critisism.

What's even funnier, is that actually quite a lot of this "worst game ever" stuff sounds quite a lot like DX3.

However, René shouldn't assume it actually is criticism, because not all of it can be related to DX3. So therefore, the only logical conlusion is that many choices made by the developers are indeed harmful to this fanchise.

Ban-shield: I am not saying nor (trying to) imply that DX3, its developers or its publisher sucks or in any way do not live up to my expectations.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Mar 2009, 16:42
Well, I'm not a developer - just a DX fan, and I can read the negativity in some of this thread. This is a DX3 forum after all, it wouldn't be unusual for people to think this thread relates to the game.
So, all this puts your 'logical conclusion' in da bin. :rasp:

WhatsHisFace
10th Mar 2009, 17:18
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/288/938611_20081015_screen042.jpg

Ashpolt
10th Mar 2009, 17:20
It was just intended to be a bit of fun - granted, my original post mentions features that are actually in Deus Ex 3, but that's not a dig at this game, it's just that if you'd asked me two years ago "How would you go about cocking up Deus Ex 3 if you were given control?" then regenerating health and third person cover system would've been two of the things I'd mentioned. It's not intended as some thinly veiled criticism of Deus Ex 3, it's just my opinion - I also mention a lot of things which (hopefully!) aren't in Deus Ex 3.

So, anyone got any other ideas, so we can stay on topic? Here are a few more of my own:

-NPCs who call you on your cell phone to demand you take them bowling every 5 minutes.
-Augs which can be swapped out at any time, with no penalty for doing so
-Having to take up a "job" in game, which you go to every day, and is the main way to earn money.
-A silent main character. It works for Half Life, but not Deus Ex!
-Tanks instead of robots. We need robots!
-A hacking minigame which gets tired after 2 tries, and actually discourages you from hacking, a la Bioshock.
-A soundtrack by some modern pretentious indie band or R&B "singer."

Again, I have more, but I want to leave some for other people!

Blade_hunter
10th Mar 2009, 17:48
http://accel21.mettre-put-idata.over-blog.com/0/01/53/72/jeux-X360/halo-3-image-01-copie-1.jpg

jamhaw
10th Mar 2009, 18:22
-NPCs who call you on your cell phone to demand you take them bowling every 5 minutes.

That wouldn't be that bad. I've played games with simialer stuff that happens and it;s really immersive.

Jerion
10th Mar 2009, 18:31
That wouldn't be that bad. I've played games with simialer stuff that happens and it;s really immersive.

Immersive right up until you want to go oblige the NPC, and then brutally murder it behind the bowling alley. :D

gamer0004
10th Mar 2009, 19:06
Well, I'm not a developer - just a DX fan, and I can read the negativity in some of this thread. This is a DX3 forum after all, it wouldn't be unusual for people to think this thread relates to the game.
So, all this puts your 'logical conclusion' in da bin. :rasp:

This is a thread about the Deus Ex franchise or, rather, a hypothetical new Deus Ex game, in a Deus Ex 3 forum.

Blade_hunter
10th Mar 2009, 19:20

Hey I didn't noticed that too but you must hate your infolink I think, yeah it makes noises and you can't shut it off !!

Capital_G
10th Mar 2009, 20:24
Spun off from an idea in this read. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76991&page=9)

Imagine Deus Ex 4 has been announced, but nothing has been revealed yet: what are the announcements you'd be dreading? Basically, lay down the blueprints for the worst Deus Ex game you can imagine!

This is just intended as a bit of fun, not as a criticism of DX3 - though it will be interesting to see if any of the ideas here are announced for DX3 later on! :P (Though obviously some will be things which have already been announced...)

I'll start:

-Regenerating health
-Forced boss battles
-Flits between third person and first person in a schizophrenic manner, or is entirely third person.
-Non-violent NPCs are limited to "hub zones" which you visit between missions. Outside these hub zones, everyone will shoot you on sight. EVERYONE. Also, no missions take place inside the hub zones, they're purely for talking to mission givers.
-Experience / skill points are gone completely, but you earn money to buy better weapons.
-You have an AI squad who follow you around, and who you have command over. As with all friendly NPCs in any game ever, their AI is atrocious.
-It ends with you becoming Master Chief, thus showing the Deus Ex and Halo universes to be one and the same.

I have a whole bunch more, but I figure I should leave some for other people. :P

Oh my god what a nightmare !

For the ''hub zone'', are u reffering to Farcry 2 ? lol

To this list i'll add :

-play as a fully trained unatco agent with nano augmentation for the begining of the game, then spend the rest of your time playing as an ordinary NSF soldier
- The game ends with a big GAMEOVER

mad_red
10th Mar 2009, 23:07
This thread is the most fun since seeing shooting stars on shrooms!

- You can hop into a vehicle and destroy everything in sight, including any security/etc. that may come after you. After which the game continues as though nothing happened. They may have a killphrase for you, but they'll have to shout it out over your minigun.
- Don't worry about making a silly mistake or weird behaviour. You can have a shootout on the street and people will never take shelter in their homes! Go ahead and smeg off a faction - soon you'll be best buddies again! And if you ever get stuck, both NPCs as well as the morontron built into your cranium will explain things to you like a six-year old!
- Plenty of rail-shooter sequences.
- You can tweak your character seven ways from sunday, but you'll never actually determine and play your own personality/convictions/etc. (like in most or all jrpgs)
- "Mankind has never faced a greater threat - only one unwilling hero can save the day. Welcome to the world of DEUS EX - a future you cannot imagine!!!" (Starring Pablo Francesco as Keanu Reeves)
- Realistic and recognizable setting! Do stuff you do in real life TO PROGRESS THE GAME, such as eat/drink/go to the toilet/skate with your friends/write in your diary/etc. (Geared to younger audiences because the industry as a whole has grown up - hehe ;) )
- The game will include no material that can in any way be construed as offensive to any sex/age/racial or ethnic group/political stance/religion and denomination/sexual preference/diet/hygiene/occupation/mental and or emotional state of mind/medical condition/revisionist historical viewpoint/human beings/quanta/sloths, koalas, rattus rattus, pachyderms or duckbilled platypi/fnords/spoons that are not, with the exception of Deus Ex 1 fans who will feel offended regardless.
- Confined battle areas or staged set-piece battles, which beautifully solves the problem of retreating to a previous area to regenerate health.
- More fighting! Lots of loot to reward difficult firefights! Or choose stealth to bypass half the game!
- Augs and skills work together! Devote yourself to a single playstyle or get outclassed by superior enemies!
- Get more and more powerful weapons as you progress. Lose that rusty old pistol - the RPG can do all that and more!

ChristianTroy
10th Mar 2009, 23:19
- Regenerating Health
- Regenerating Ammo
- No other way to play the game but "combat"
- No skill system
- Augmentations become floating, spinning, glowing "power ups" that you find
- Boss fights
- Ridiculous art style, like a really bad anime or something. Main character having a tower of spiked hair would really do it.
- Only one gun, so that players don't have to scour around the levels for a better gun so they can progress
- No inventory system at all - after all, you only have the one gun
- random 3rd person gimmicks
- Dialog is standard "I'll do it/I'll do it for a price/See you later" fare.
- 9/11 conspiracy theory based story
- Randy Savage's voice acting talents are not involved in any way
- Vehicles
- "Mind control"
- Moon base level
- Yet another love interest quest
- Password-based "save" system
- A UI clearly designed for an extremely low resolution TV

HouseOfPain
11th Mar 2009, 00:19
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/TaylorEatWorld1/InvisbleChief.jpg

Something along the lines of this.

SemiAnonymous
11th Mar 2009, 01:12
Megaman Ex

Romeo
11th Mar 2009, 01:14

I'll start:

-Regenerating health
-Forced boss battles

Don't spoil it for everyone.

On topic however, I don't know, one of two situations would kill the franchise to me:

A) It becomes a JRPG. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing wrong with them, but it just wouldn't be right in this instance.

B) The story begins to wane away, leaving it as just another shooter or RPG.

HouseOfPain
11th Mar 2009, 01:15
No one liked my 5 minutes photoshop job? :rasp:

Ashpolt
11th Mar 2009, 01:18

It's great, but I was too terrified by the very concept of what it presented to post. Even now, my hands are trembling, and my hair has turned white with horror.

mad_red
11th Mar 2009, 01:24

I love it! I've been playing that game since I was 6.

HouseOfPain
11th Mar 2009, 01:28
I love it! I've been playing that game since I was 6.

Deus Ex, Invisible Warfare? Hot damn! It's nice too meet such a dedicated fan! We should form a club!

WhatsHisFace
11th Mar 2009, 01:38
A) It becomes a JRPG. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing wrong with them, but it just wouldn't be right in this instance.

You just reminded me:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/feature_previews/anachronox/anachronox_screen009.jpg

A wonderful game. I was never able to complete it, due to a hardware upgrade that conflicted with this marvelous piece of software. I miss those elevator rides. :(

Too bad Mass Effect didn't have elevators that cool. :D

Blade_hunter
11th Mar 2009, 01:43
I think I can beat everyone with the following

-Cell shaded graphics with cartoony NPCs with flashy colors and some smileys
-Any action is made by a Quick time event sequence
-When you activate a shooting sequence you use the QTE to choose the attack
-No story it's a sandbox game
-You have a limited field of view with about 10 meters
-No blood when you kill your foes they transform themselves into rabbits
-The bosses are Mutant dinosaur, the Megazord, the Joker, Master Chief, and Homer Simpson with an over sized head
-You ultimate attack are the jump over the enemies and they are transformed into a mushroom, and the Fart storm that kill everyone in sight
-One of the game endings features Master Chief doing a strip tease
-You have music for kids as the ambient music

I win :rasp:

FrankCSIS
11th Mar 2009, 03:14
Edit: I have an interesting thought for a little 2D game based on Deus Ex. If anyone wants to put some effort into it, I'll throw together an engine.

Flashback?

GmanPro
11th Mar 2009, 04:48
I like this thread. I like this thread so much that I decided to come out of lurk-mode.

Regenerating Health
Regenerating Ammo, because gamers don't need to search for it (because the industry has grown up as a whole)
Universal Ammo
Oblivion/FO3 style dialogue *OR* Fable 2 style "dialogue"
No medkits, because gamers don't need to search for them (because the industry has grown up as a whole)
Auto-aim, because gamers don't need to spend time aiming (because the industry has grown up as a whole)
Vehicles
A heavy focus on combat
Enemies scale according to your level.
90% of the game is cutscenes, because gamers shouldn't have to do any work (because the industry has grown up as a whole)
When they die, all enemies drop floating, glowing orbs that you have to collect (collect 1,000,000 and you unlock an achievment!!!)
Enemies take 100 - 200 clicks to kill
If you ever fail at something, the game automatically lets you try again with no penalty whatsoever
The game is only available on steam
Plus some others that have all ready been mentioned

I like this thread because I feel like I am embarrassing some game devs who actually think some of the above mentioned points are good ideas

FrankCSIS
11th Mar 2009, 04:54
(collect 1,000,000 and you unlock an achievment!!!)

How about collect 243 UNATCO flags scattered around the globe for an achievement?

Damn you Assassin's Creed!

Who came up with the achievement idea anyway? I thought finishing a challenging game was the achievement. So now the game is easy to finish, but the rewarding challenge comes from scattering the world in search of glowing stuff to collect.

I think I'll go make a puzzle before bed.

Romeo
11th Mar 2009, 05:13
You just reminded me:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/feature_previews/anachronox/anachronox_screen009.jpg

A wonderful game. I was never able to complete it, due to a hardware upgrade that conflicted with this marvelous piece of software. I miss those elevator rides. :(

Mass Effect's elevators made me want to shoot myself. Especially the one in the Normandy. It shouldn't take like a half an hour to get from floor one to floor two. Shepard's not that heavy. :D

Necros
11th Mar 2009, 12:51
:lol: These would be cool easter eggs. :D Like the Sheep Squad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86V2kym7FY) in BiA: Hell's Highway. :lmao:

:thumbsup: :D

René
11th Mar 2009, 14:02
You just reminded me:

Heck yeah, Anachronox! I had fun with that but like you ran into some show-stopper bugs and never finished it. I think it was developed at the same Ion Austin studio as Deus Ex, while Daikatana was at the Dallas office. Who knew the Quake II engine could do a turn-based RPG!?

Blade_hunter
11th Mar 2009, 14:14
Hehe We can do almost everything with a 3D engine (even a 2.5D), at the 2000's I didn't know that, but a bit later I've know that an engine can be used for almost every game we want to do, the limits are IMO more about the computer's capacity than the engines themselves, because some operations can't be made with a slow computer.
Many mods are a proof about what I think :)

WhatsHisFace
11th Mar 2009, 15:38
Heck yeah, Anachronox! I had fun with that but like you ran into some show-stopper bugs and never finished it. I think it was developed at the same Ion Austin studio as Deus Ex, while Daikatana was at the Dallas office. Who knew the Quake II engine could do a turn-based RPG!?
I think I'm going to put my old Voodoo 5 into a Pentium 3 I have, sitting in the basement, and I'll finish this game on that. I really want to fully experience this title because it's such a rare design and such an obscure game.

Ion Storm had some good titles before they were shamefully closed after Thief 3. And this was definitely one of them.

And I have to agree with you. I could barely believe they got the Quake 2 engine to not only render color (:D ) but also how successfully they modified it into a third person turn-based RPG so completely. I think all that was left of the (then aging) Quake 2 code was the renderer, and even that was enhanced.

René
11th Mar 2009, 18:07
It was definitely an unpolished gem and Tom Hall (http://tomtomtom.wordpress.com/) and the boys did a good job on it. I may just be making it up, but I seem to remember that they had to rush it out which explains the myriad of bugs. But it was a great attempt by a Western developer to make a turn based RPG, like a Final Fantasy.

AaronJ
11th Mar 2009, 21:36

Not every comment about regenerating health is a jab.

That's puts it better than how I know how to say it.

Laokin
12th Mar 2009, 00:12

Rene, I know you've seen me say some pretty negative and upsetting things, but I have to say that I believe this thread is all in good fun. I honestly don't think many people are taking it serious and the ones that are aren't saying anything that they haven't said 1,000,000,000,000 times already in another thread.

With that said, I did catch that.... "After the weekend we just had."

Is Square-Enix already giving you guys trouble? PM if you'd like to keep your answer discreet.... Just sounds like you guys had a horrible weekend.... usually doesn't happen in development unless some one from up above rains down the stupidity.

Gosh I hope I'm wrong, for your sake Rene..... :-)

Here is to hoping this weekend will be a step up.

If I lived in Montreal I'd buy you a massage.... true story.... ;)

FrankCSIS
12th Mar 2009, 00:18
If I lived in Montreal I'd buy you a massage.... true story....

There are all sorts of massages in our newspaper adds. Careful what you buy for René!

mad_red
12th Mar 2009, 00:57
There are all sorts of massages in our newspaper adds. Careful what you buy for René!

Yeah, does it have a happy meal? :p

Mr. Perfect
12th Mar 2009, 01:33
What was this weekend? New bosses finished the take over?

lumpi
12th Mar 2009, 12:12

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5861/futurewar.jpg
Kick-ass slogans, too.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Mar 2009, 12:27
With that said, I did catch that.... "After the weekend we just had."
Is Square-Enix already giving you guys trouble? PM if you'd like to keep your answer discreet.... Just sounds like you guys had a horrible weekend.... usually doesn't happen in development unless some one from up above rains down the stupidity.

It is nothing to do with SqE. Rene was referring to the 'anti-moderator' threads we had pop up over the weekend. :)

HouseOfPain
12th Mar 2009, 20:27
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5861/futurewar.jpg
Kick-ass slogans, too.

I love you. :eek:

AaronJ
26th Mar 2009, 17:29
A time travel plot where somebody goes back in time to 2027, and alters the DX timeline so nothing happens like it does in DX1.

TOP THAT.

Jerion
26th Mar 2009, 17:45
^^ They do it in a DeLorean?

Fig89
26th Mar 2009, 19:49
A time travel plot where somebody goes back in time to 2027, and alters the DX timeline so nothing happens like it does in DX1.

TOP THAT.

Make that somebody ... Billie Adams.

AaronJ
26th Mar 2009, 20:24
Make that somebody ... Billie Adams.

With an aug that controls snakes.

Ashpolt
26th Mar 2009, 20:44
With an aug that controls snakes.

And she flies back in time on Lebedev's jet. (The DeLorean is loaded onto the jet.)

Jerion
26th Mar 2009, 23:04
And she flies back in time on Lebedev's jet. (The DeLorean is loaded onto the jet.)

And the jet runs on garbage.

AaronJ
26th Mar 2009, 23:07
Cats play an important role in the game.

WAIT, WAIT, I have it! The one thing that nobody could ever top ever!

Quick time events.

Jerion
26th Mar 2009, 23:24
Power Rangers make an appearance in every one.

Ashpolt
26th Mar 2009, 23:29
Power Rangers make an appearance in every one.

I think you're looking for the "What's the BEST Deus Ex game you can imagine" thread. :D

Jerion
26th Mar 2009, 23:29
I think you're looking for the "What's the BEST Deus Ex game you can imagine" thread. :D

Oh right, sorry. :whistle:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Mar 2009, 23:30
LOL, too funny! :D

Vasarto
27th Mar 2009, 04:44
Worst deus Ex game EVER?! I think you will like the last one most of all.

Deus Ex III has been announced that

1.There are no or Very little RPG elements.
2.The game is based off a Linear based style of gaming
3.It features a Female main character *Screams and shoots self in head*
4.There are NO augmentations *Yells and goes and shoots game devs*
5.It will feature a heavy emphasis on vehicles and vehicle based levels from helicopters to motorcycles.
6.The Title of the Game is Deus Ex III:Rainbow Princess, The Pony Castle Adventure!
7. You only have room for two guns and a single non gun related item to carry at ANY time during the game.

8.In order to switch items or guns you need to go into a menu screen that runs in real time so...no pausing the game that makes your character look away from any and all action and at their jacket like they are opening a trench coat. It shows your weapons on you and you have to select them. As if in real time and real life you must put back you old gun THEN take out the new one. Load it and etc etc. Everything is done 100% real life and in the real time it would take to do such a thing.

9.The Game is Based around war and united states Politics instead of fantasy and conspiracy and futuristic world politics.

10.The game is based off cover fighting.

11,The game is HEAVY based action only. No possible stealth missions are available.

12.Not a single weapon from the Dues Ex previous games or devices or items exist.

13.You have a chainsaw gun and blood scatters on the screen as you clumsily run around in an over rated POS game that feels too simular to a game called gears of war that acts exactly like it.

14.Only one generic ending

15.They decided to go with the Cell Shade Graphics that made Legand of Zelda:Wind Waker and the music artist who wrote all the music for the game is the Spice Girls and Britteny Spears and Vanilla Ice. Whom wrote and Performed EVERY SINGLE LAST SONG. Including the title theme which will forever be Deus Ex's new theme song replacing the old one.
Deus Ex 4 will include those artists PLUS Michal Jackson AND Madonna making the music for the game too.

SemiAnonymous
27th Mar 2009, 04:47
Rail Shooter, no weapon other than pistol, shotgun and machine gun, Augs are centered around accuracy and power

Blade_hunter
27th Mar 2009, 13:12
I think I can beat everyone with the following

-Cell shaded graphics with cartoony NPCs with flashy colors and some smileys
-Any action is made by a Quick time event sequence
-When you activate a shooting sequence you use the QTE to choose the attack
-No story it's a sandbox game
-You have a limited field of view with about 10 meters
-The bosses are Mutant dinosaur, the Megazord, the Joker, Master Chief, and Homer Simpson with an over sized head
-You ultimate attack are the jump over the enemies and they are transformed into a mushroom, and the Fart storm that kill everyone in sight
-You have music for kids as the ambient music

Sorry guys but I beat everybody anyway

Nathan2000
27th Mar 2009, 13:55
Rail Shooter, no weapon other than pistol, shotgun and machine gun, Augs are centered around accuracy and power

You ask for it, you get it.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5369/railshooter.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=railshooter.jpg)
But you have to agree, that it has a non-intrusive interface.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
27th Mar 2009, 14:25
^
LMAO, that's well done. :D

facepalm
27th Mar 2009, 17:00
-Forced boss battles

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/Build_more_tanks/mechamanderley.jpg

SemiAnonymous
27th Mar 2009, 17:15
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5369/railshooter.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=railshooter.jpg)

But where are the augs?

SageSavage
27th Mar 2009, 17:16
Very nice, indeed. I guess I'd pay for a copy of Deus Wolfenstein...
Joseph, He-Wolf of the SS!

Blade_hunter
27th Mar 2009, 18:34
Even the facepalm's game got some adepts :D

imported_van_HellSing
27th Mar 2009, 18:38
The GEP gun is always the most silent way to eliminate Manderley.

facepalm
27th Mar 2009, 19:19
Very nice, indeed. I guess I'd pay for a copy of Deus Wolfenstein...
Joseph, He-Wolf of the SS!

Ssssh! You're giving them ideas... :p

The GEP gun is always the most silent way to eliminate Manderley.

O-ho-ho! I should have thought of that!

René
27th Mar 2009, 19:40
Hahaha, great stuff!

Jerion
27th Mar 2009, 19:49
[SIZE="1"]
O-ho-ho! I should have thought of that!

...I just used a shotgun to the back of the head. Gunther was right about one thing. :D

Nathan2000
27th Mar 2009, 20:49
But where are the augs?

4.There are NO augmentations *Yells and goes and shoots game devs*

---

Picture
*faints*

WhatsHisFace
27th Mar 2009, 20:55
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/Build_more_tanks/mechamanderley.jpg

Your limitless genius continues to make me want to re-install Photoshop.

SemiAnonymous
27th Mar 2009, 21:29

pic goes here][/URL]

I asked but did not* receive.

*fully

Nathan2000
27th Mar 2009, 23:19
I asked but did not* receive.

*fully

I find your attention to details a bit exaggerated. But let it be. Redesign!
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4103/railshooter2.th.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=railshooter2.jpg)

Any resemblance to perks or cheats is purely coincidental. You know, growing industry, that stuff.

SemiAnonymous
28th Mar 2009, 03:32
I wont deny that I can be a bit of a perfectionist. That, however, is precisely how I envisioned it. Spinoff, anyone?

lumpi
29th Mar 2009, 13:43
Are there quick saves?

No, that would destroy the immersion. Save-gems ftw!

WhatsHisFace
29th Mar 2009, 17:04

But you can only carry three at a time. ;)

Romeo
29th Mar 2009, 21:12
But you can only carry three at a time. ;)
And you need to combine them in order to use them. :D

Nathan2000
29th Mar 2009, 22:57

If you're really hardcore, you don't need to save your game at all!

dixieflatline
31st Mar 2009, 21:48
How about collect 243 UNATCO flags scattered around the globe for an achievement?

Damn you Assassin's Creed!

Who came up with the achievement idea anyway? I thought finishing a challenging game was the achievement. So now the game is easy to finish, but the rewarding challenge comes from scattering the world in search of glowing stuff to collect.

I think I'll go make a puzzle before bed.

Totally dude. I guess I'm just an old-school'er, but achievements generally seem like a waste of time to me. I don't really feel like I achieved anything if I, say, spend 20 mins breaking boxes and got a "box smashing award." I just feel like I wasted a bunch of time.

Achievements are sometimes implemented well, but generally not I'd say.

The only thing that annoys me more is when a game requires you to finish everything on a normal before allowing you play the harder difficulty levels. I'm not playing a game twice so let me -- the dude who bought the game -- play on a harder difficulty if I like the first time - please!