PDA

View Full Version : How would you want to be able to defeat the Joker?

The Sparrow
9th Mar 2009, 22:50
I was reading some of the threads, and the one about the boss battles got to me. How would you defeat the Joker if you were Batman, and how would you want to defeat the Joker in the video game.

I think that you will encounter the Joker several time throughout the video game, and finally face off with him. You throw the batarang at him several times, dodge gags, maybe even battle some henchmen, but it's really an all out brawl, like those martial arts games. You throw punches, kicks, head butts, anything to give the Joker a world of pain. He tries some moves on you, throws some more gags, and uses a variety of fast, tricky moves on you.

Any other Idea?

angleslam99
10th Mar 2009, 00:28
I'm thinking the showdown will be kind of like the showdown in the Dark Knight.

We finally confront the Joker but he is surrounded by several thugs, lets say a dozen. I think he'll send wave after wave of about 3 thugs at a time before we get to him. By this time he'll probably have a trick up his sleeve, maybe a weapon of some sort or he'll trigger a trap. After he sets us up in a trap or whatever he'll try escaping and we have to stop him before he escapes the Asylum (perhaps a timed mission) by going through every thug he throws our way, which includes villains we already encountered. If he gets away, we lose and we have to restart. We catch him, it becomes an all out brawl. Punches, kicks, etc. Basically we hold him until the police arrive and take back control.

Zsasz
10th Mar 2009, 01:06
I was thinking it would be like The Killing Joke, staying hidden whilst trying to find the Joker as he retreats, manipulating the terrain to keep up with him, trying to create obstacles for him, finally bursting forth and capturing him. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Lxndr77
10th Mar 2009, 04:48
How about telling him a joke:D

i'm just kidding. i really like the idea of stalking him as was mentioned earlier

chip5541
10th Mar 2009, 09:49
Just like the Christmas song... The Joker got away.:whistle:

The Joker 1
11th Mar 2009, 23:27
I would like that Batman throws The Joker from a very tall place and then catches him with the Bat grapple, like in the Dark Knight. Where The Joker says "Do You Know How I Got This Scars?" an then Batman answers "No, But I Know How You Got This" And then Batman grabs The Joker and throws him from the tallest floor of the Prewitt building.

You know, That would be nice:) Maybe we can fight The Joker and then an intermission sequence or video could appear and we can watch how Batman throws The Joker from a VERY,VERY tall place. That way we don't have to catch The Joker like in the other games.

And with todays technology, I think that the graphics of all the videos will look perfect. Thats My Idea.

It's just that I relate The Joker with building falls. Don't ask me why, but thats what I think:)

HA HA HA
12th Mar 2009, 00:02
I think the fight might be original and not based off any comicbook and/or movie fight but that is just me.

Why So Serious ?
12th Mar 2009, 00:03
Knowing the joker you might need to do some mind games, you cant really tell witht he joker one day he can give you money the next day he can murder you.

Why So Serious ?
12th Mar 2009, 02:24
Knowing the joker you might need to do some mind games, you cant really tell witht he joker one day he can give you money the next day he can murder you.

You know what would be cool. The game starts with batman turning the joker in right? a good intro for the game would be running after him kinda like a training mode so the player can get used to the controls

Blackmagic12345
12th Mar 2009, 03:00
You know what would be cool. The game starts with batman turning the joker in right? a good intro for the game would be running after him kinda like a training mode so the player can get used to the controls

I'd be down for that

apple@thebatmanuniverse
12th Mar 2009, 13:59
batman never really defeats the joker, joker just lets batman think that. thats the way the joker's mind works. they only reason why batman is not dead yet is because joker is not done playing with him. from what the joker has said in comics.

but i do like your idea serious, that would be a great opening.

Revanchist
15th Mar 2009, 16:31
[QUOTE=The Joker 1;952133]I would like that Batman throws The Joker from a very tall place and then catches him with the Bat grapple, like in the Dark Knight. Where The Joker says "Do You Know How I Got This Scars?" an then Batman answers "No, But I Know How You Got This"QUOTE]

And then you have a Dark Knight game.

NoMoarDedCawpz
16th Mar 2009, 14:28
A few steps to how i would like to defeat the Joker:
Step 1 - Enter Stealth mode, and sneak up behind him
Step 2 - Quickly catch him in a potato sack
Step 3 - Hang the sack on a branch/pole/hook
Step 4 - Beat the sack with a stick
Step 5 - Repeat Step 4
:lol:

Nah, in all seriousness,
Id like to fight the Joker while suffering from Scarecrow's fear gas...
I cant begin to imagine what that would be like.

a little off topic,
Defeating Scarecrow should involve chasing him(on horseback) in the Batmobile, through the woods outside Arkham(in reference to Sleepy Hollow).

RonnyGreen
16th Mar 2009, 21:07
The way I see the fight against The Joker is that he attacks you throughout the game. Like, all of a sudden you see two grenades roll down a hallway towards you or Joker bursts out of a door and tries to machine gun you.
But for the final confrontation I would like to have his character nailed down, both the comedic and brutal sides to him.
So, you track him down and he's all alone. All of a sudden he shouts "SEND IN THE CLOWNS!" and you've got waves of mental patients in shoddy make-up running after you.
But when you actually fight Joker himself the games are over and he's a completely different person. Howling and hissing like a wild animal. That's the thing with this guy, he should occasionally be funny but you chould never forget the threat he poses or the fact that he is a total lunatic.

Lxndr77
17th Mar 2009, 01:56
The way I see the fight against The Joker is that he attacks you throughout the game. Like, all of a sudden you see two grenades roll down a hallway towards you or Joker bursts out of a door and tries to machine gun you.
But for the final confrontation I would like to have his character nailed down, both the comedic and brutal sides to him.
So, you track him down and he's all alone. All of a sudden he shouts "SEND IN THE CLOWNS!" and you've got waves of mental patients in shoddy make-up running after you.
But when you actually fight Joker himself the games are over and he's a completely different person. Howling and hissing like a wild animal. That's the thing with this guy, he should occasionally be funny but you chould never forget the threat he poses or the fact that he is a total lunatic.

I love this idea. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FrozenInferno
17th Mar 2009, 02:05
How I would image the fight to be is like a chase. You would confront Joker, but he would taunt you to chase after him. But along the way there will be traps, wave of Joker's thugs and Joker's voice taunting you. Then you enter a large room where Joker would say, " Come and get me now". You would have to go through Joker's thugs, but the Joker would fire RPGs, throw out bombs and Joker gas grenades, activate traps at the same time. But this would test all your skills, using all your gadgets and knowledge. While all this is happening Joker would be talking. Finally when you get close to Joker, there will be a fight sequence. When Joker is defeated, he is not angry, but laughing. This is how I would imagine it.

Revanchist
17th Mar 2009, 08:37
A few steps to how i would like to defeat the Joker:
Step 1 - Enter Stealth mode, and sneak up behind him
Step 2 - Quickly catch him in a potato sack
Step 3 - Hang the sack on a branch/pole/hook
Step 4 - Beat the sack with a stick
Step 5 - Repeat Step 4
:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

The Joker 1
18th Mar 2009, 02:32
Now, our operation is small, but we are going to have tryouts.Make it fast.

What I am saying is How do you people would like The Joker to be defeated?

It's time to make a Challenge. I would like to throw The Joker from a very tall place. Who goes with me?:)

Why So Serious ?
18th Mar 2009, 03:15
Now, our operation is small, but we are going to have tryouts.Make it fast.

What I am saying is How do you people would like The Joker to be defeated?

It's time to make a Challenge. I would like to throw The Joker from a very tall place. Who goes with me?:)

Batman doesn't kill

The Joker 1
19th Mar 2009, 01:23
Oh come on guys. I know that Batman doesn't kill. Did he killed the Joker in the Dark Knight? No He throwed the Joker from the Prewitt building and then caught him with his Bat grapple, OK?:rasp:

that could happen in this game, So here I go again. Who goes with me?

Who wants to defeat the Joker by throwing him from a very tall place and then catch him with the bat grapple? that would be great because in the Dark Knight, when Batman throws the Joker from the building, I felt a little vertigo. that felt nice. they could do that in the game

Who goes with me?:D

ElitistBerk
19th Mar 2009, 13:52
Personally, I don't like the idea. To me it would seem like the person writing the story for AA would just be abit short on ideas. I want to see something new that will completely surprise me, but I'm not much of an imaginative person so I can't think of anything good :P

I do like the idea of having a series of traps that will test your skills and see how efficient you can be with your gadgets but I wouldn't mind the joker escaping ;)

NoMoarDedCawpz
19th Mar 2009, 19:18
Mutiple battles is the only way i see it happening...(at least till Eidos prove me wrong).
In the middle of fighting 200 bad guys, have The Joker run through/around with a bomb while laughing like crazy...:lol:

Then have another moment where Joker dresses up in the cape and cowl, and pretends to be Batman's shadow...:rasp:

Blackmagic12345
19th Mar 2009, 21:15
Oh come on guys. I know that Batman doesn't kill. Did he killed the Joker in the Dark Knight? No He throwed the Joker from the Prewitt building and then caught him with his Bat grapple, OK?:rasp:

that could happen in this game, So here I go again. Who goes with me?

Who wants to defeat the Joker by throwing him from a very tall place and then catch him with the bat grapple? that would be great because in the Dark Knight, when Batman throws the Joker from the building, I felt a little vertigo. that felt nice. they could do that in the game

Who goes with me?:D

Sorry but I don't like that idea at all. This should be an original story with an original ending.

JOKER 101
19th Mar 2009, 21:20
I'm thinking the showdown will be kind of like the showdown in the Dark Knight.

We finally confront the Joker but he is surrounded by several thugs, lets say a dozen. I think he'll send wave after wave of about 3 thugs at a time before we get to him. By this time he'll probably have a trick up his sleeve, maybe a weapon of some sort or he'll trigger a trap. After he sets us up in a trap or whatever he'll try escaping and we have to stop him before he escapes the Asylum (perhaps a timed mission) by going through every thug he throws our way, which includes villains we already encountered. If he gets away, we lose and we have to restart. We catch him, it becomes an all out brawl. Punches, kicks, etc. Basically we hold him until the police arrive and take back control.

i like the idea of it being like the dark knight, i prefer the joker when he's more gritty and violent. Not to say i don't love the old joker

The Joker 1
20th Mar 2009, 01:30
You know, I think it would be a grat idea to throw the Joker from a ledge. I want to hear someone who agrees with me. Come on. I can't hear you!!!

Drazar
20th Mar 2009, 01:40
You know, I think it would be a grat idea to throw the Joker from a ledge. I want to hear someone who agrees with me. Come on. I can't hear you!!!

Mark Hamill hates doing long screams as the Joker if you didn't know. =p

The Joker 1
21st Mar 2009, 03:34
He doesn't need to make a long scream. When The Joker falled from the prewitt building in The Dark Kinght, he was laughing while he was falling. So they can throw the Joker from a ledge while he is laughing.

that is not the problem. You guys don't know what the Joker is, Don't you ha,ha,ha,ha,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!:lmao: I love the Joker. I even call myself The Joker, but he really needs to be a little afraid of heights.
please, someone. Say that you want The Joker to fall from a ledge. not to die, but to be defeated that way.

The Sparrow
3rd Apr 2009, 15:55
I would like that Batman throws The Joker from a very tall place and then catches him with the Bat grapple, like in the Dark Knight. Where The Joker says "Do You Know How I Got This Scars?" an then Batman answers "No, But I Know How You Got This" And then Batman grabs The Joker and throws him from the tallest floor of the Prewitt building.

You know, That would be nice:) Maybe we can fight The Joker and then an intermission sequence or video could appear and we can watch how Batman throws The Joker from a VERY,VERY tall place. That way we don't have to catch The Joker like in the other games.

And with todays technology, I think that the graphics of all the videos will look perfect. Thats My Idea.

It's just that I relate The Joker with building falls. Don't ask me why, but thats what I think:)

Dude, it is like impossible not to relate the Joker to building falls. In the 1940's comics, he fell off a building several times as an "ending" (even though most of the time he escaped without ANY injuries).

Plus, Jack N.'s Joker died from a fatal fall.

So, like other wierd rules in the universe we must obey, the Joker will always be associated with falling off buildings.

The Sparrow
3rd Apr 2009, 15:59
Oh, and Joker 1, I recently did a post on "why is the such a bad*** character and you might want to do one too.

ShadowOfTheKnight
3rd Apr 2009, 16:07
Dude, it is like impossible not to relate the Joker to building falls. In the 1940's comics, he fell off a building several times as an "ending" (even though most of the time he escaped without ANY injuries).

Plus, Jack N.'s Joker died from a fatal fall.

So, like other wierd rules in the universe we must obey, the Joker will always be associated with falling off buildings.

you're right. And although it's an epic design, it's getting a bit repetitive i must say

jynxie_vex
3rd Apr 2009, 16:49
No Defeat!!!!!!!!!!!make Part 2!!!!!!!!!1

CaptainMcMulla
3rd Apr 2009, 18:33
No Defeat!!!!!!!!!!!make Part 2!!!!!!!!!1

Totally agree. Have a ending similar to The Dark Knight ending which leaves the door open for a sequel.

Drazar
3rd Apr 2009, 18:46
If they make a sequal i really wouldn't want Joker to be the focus all over again. Rather focus on gangster mafia alike villains if the next setting would be Gotham City.

Azrael Knight
3rd Apr 2009, 19:46
well it is from batsy's 70 year history.

Azrael Knight
3rd Apr 2009, 19:49
If paul dini is writing the story i highly doubt he will kill the joker.

Kai Rei
3rd Apr 2009, 19:54
If paul dini is writing the story i highly doubt he will kill the joker.

I agree. :cool:

Also, Would be funny if Bane gave him one. Big. MONSTER WEDGIE!

And killed him that way.

[Bane would later go on to marry Harley Quinn, and by marry I mean screw].

ShadowOfTheKnight
3rd Apr 2009, 19:57
I agree. :cool:

Also, Would be funny if Bane gave him one. Big. MONSTER WEDGIE!

And killed him that way.

[Bane would later go on to marry Harley Quinn, and by marry I mean screw].

ahahah that would be quite a feat for a T-rated game

Azrael Knight
3rd Apr 2009, 19:59
i think gordon might die.

ShadowOfTheKnight
3rd Apr 2009, 20:03
i think gordon might die.

if it's the case I know someone in the game who's going to eat it...

The Joker 1
4th Apr 2009, 02:31
Hey, It's my opinion as so as you are posting yours. I want The _Joker to fall from a bulding. You want him to stay alive. That's it. It is an opinion:rasp:

The Sparrow
13th Apr 2009, 21:55
you're right. And although it's an epic design, it's getting a bit repetitive i must say

True dat. But, it is like the only way to kill the Joker an know he's dead is to see him fall from like a fifty story building. You can shot em', stab em', maul em', and the Joker still "comes back to life". The dude even survived his skin being bleached in the beginning!!!! The only, possibly effective and concievable way to kill the Joker is from a fall.

VXR
15th Apr 2009, 17:13
Kick him in the 'ding ding' :whistle:

Silent Knight
15th Apr 2009, 17:20
Kick him in the 'ding ding' :whistle:

It would sure "make the stars come out"..

ArkhamCrew
15th Apr 2009, 22:55
Batman would chase after the Joker,then, Batman backs him into a corner, Batman throws a hard punch. The Joker grabs his hand- flips him round and snaps his leg with a heavy kick- showing that he is not superhuman at all. Batman gets beat to a pulp, and awakens several hours later, with no equipment, and no cape and helmet etc in a corridor filled with the jokers traps. The Joker speaks to him using Arkham speaker system. Giving him hints, a bit like the Saw films. He gets severly injured in the final trap. He slowly limps towards a cell at the end of the hallway- to find the Joker has locked himself in a cell, and thrown the key out of the cell. He then remarks on how angry batman is that he cannot carry out his revenge on the Joker, and that he himself has done what batman longed so much to do. Batman is ridiculosy angry and blacks out he then awakes in the hallway with police all around him. Commisioner gorden congratulates him, not knowing that the joker did it himself. A hospital crew comes and takes batman away. He glances through the cell's window to see The Joker, twirling batmans explosive gel in one hand- and the bat belt in the other. The Joker then nods to batman and says, 'See you later, are you ready for more fun Batty (Laughs in his iconic laugh)' Credits roll...
BTW: Its my first post!

The Joker 1
15th Apr 2009, 23:12
I am sure that the Joker can fall to a place where no one can find him because it's so deep that you can't see the bottom. That would be cool! Seeing him laughing while he is falling and then when he is down there, you hear an echo of his laugh, cause that would look like his fall would never end. There you can know that even the joker dies from that Big fall.

Or another suggestions. Maybe he can fall through the elevator's hole and then when he is below dead, the elevator falls and crashes The Joker down and everything explodes down there. Those two suggestions would be great if you can imagine them happening. Please, forget the rules about the Joker that he can't die from a fall. Please, sit down and imagine it happening. both of them.

Think of it and then tell me about it. You know that Cristopher Nolan didn't kill the Joker because he wanted him on another movie. That's what I think, Because why did he killed Two-Face and he did not kill The Joker?

I was so happy when I as watching The Joker falling from The Prewitt building cause I thought that the Dark Knight was complete. All the villains dead and other villains ready to bother Batman. But that ruined the final part of the movie. Altough I like The Joker, He must have died in the Dark Knight.

Well tell me what you think about the two suggestions, after you imagine it.

The Sparrow
26th May 2009, 21:54
I am sure that the Joker can fall to a place where no one can find him because it's so deep that you can't see the bottom. That would be cool! Seeing him laughing while he is falling and then when he is down there, you hear an echo of his laugh, cause that would look like his fall would never end. There you can know that even the joker dies from that Big fall.

Or another suggestions. Maybe he can fall through the elevator's hole and then when he is below dead, the elevator falls and crashes The Joker down and everything explodes down there. Those two suggestions would be great if you can imagine them happening. Please, forget the rules about the Joker that he can't die from a fall. Please, sit down and imagine it happening. both of them.

Think of it and then tell me about it. You know that Cristopher Nolan didn't kill the Joker because he wanted him on another movie. That's what I think, Because why did he killed Two-Face and he did not kill The Joker?

I was so happy when I as watching The Joker falling from The Prewitt building cause I thought that the Dark Knight was complete. All the villains dead and other villains ready to bother Batman. But that ruined the final part of the movie. Altough I like The Joker, He must have died in the Dark Knight.

Well tell me what you think about the two suggestions, after you imagine it.

Great post. I do agree, with Heath's death and all, they should have had the Joker die. I mean. how possibly can they replace Heath?

Zombie-Gamer
26th May 2009, 22:01
I'd like it if he hides and you have to try and find him but as you walk around you can hear him taunting you, you find him theres a fist fight then he runs off again. Thrn when your both worn down it would be like the fight at the end of MGS 4 with Snake vs Liquid

Batman-DCU
27th May 2009, 01:03
My idea to beat the Joker is... to throw a Batarang at him.

The Joker 1
27th May 2009, 01:10
My idea to beat the Joker is... to throw a Batarang at him.

uaaaaaaaaaaoh That is...so...quick:D

The_Clown_Prince_Of_Crime
27th May 2009, 22:05
preferably with a dualshock controller,that might be a start

Hugo_Strange
27th May 2009, 22:56
Batman throwing the Joker from a high place and catching him/letting him fall would be such a letdown as an ending, imo. We've seen that exact same thing time and time again.

I'm hoping for a chase scene involving all of the inmates who you've defeated/rescued from Joker's Venom tampering. The general consensus is that each of the villain's are being manipulated by the Joker in some way; Ivy/Ivy's plants are hinted at being affected the modified Venom and the same goes for Bane (not his normal self). Gordon, by this time, would either have been killed (hopefully not) or will have finally lost it, leaving Batman and going to find the Joker himself to punish him for what he had done to his Barbara (this would happen over the course of the game as the Joker taunts Gordon about it).

As the Joker flees throughout the asylum, you'll come across each of the inmates that you've faced (the main ones, since I doubt any of them will be killed and regular inmates/ex-Blackgate prisoners) and they will attempt to get revenge on the Joker; the fights you have with the main inmates (Ivy, Croc, Bane) this time around will be radically different because you're trying to save the Joker and their focus will be on vengeance. Bane could come crashing through a wall in the cafeteria, Ivy in the botanical conservatory, Croc in the sewers/showers, etc. The whole time the Joker would comment on the irony of the situation as Batman risks his life for his own, making jokes about it.

The chase would end somewhere (the roof, the entrance) and Gorgon would show up, gun drawn. He would demand Batman hand the Joker over to him so that he could fulfill his desire for retribution for his daughter. Gordon, overcome by the feelings he's try to repress and the acts committed by the Joker that he's tried to justify, would drag the Joker away from Batman and prepare to shoot him execution style. The whole time the Joker would be musing about how funny it is that he finally proved that anyone could be corrupted.

There could be a QTE/a plain video for this, but I believe that it would be better for the game to give you the chance to actually throw a batarang and steer it into Gordon's gun before he gets the chance to kill the Joker. This is where you could choose whether to let Gordon kill Joker, try to explain that he shouldn't do it, or knock the gun from his hand.

After that, I'm not sure what could happen; I hope there are multiple endings, but that isn't really necessary. This is just what I'd like to see.

Hugo_Strange
28th May 2009, 05:02
Oh, and I meant to add that there would be a canon ending that would tie into a sequel; I know people tend to not like the confusion that sometimes comes with multiple endings, but if done properly, it could work here.

Bear_Bat
13th Nov 2009, 21:05
I was thinking it would be like The Killing Joke, staying hidden whilst trying to find the Joker as he retreats, manipulating the terrain to keep up with him, trying to create obstacles for him, finally bursting forth and capturing him. But hey, that's just my opinion.

That's what I was thinking, too...the Killing Joke ending. That sort of ending isn't a climactic kung fu brawl, but it's a great way to tie up the end of a story.

The Joker looks crestfallen, his plans to crush Batman failed, to crush Gotham failed, his faces droops.

Batman says, "It's over, Joker."

"Do you have any idea how difficult it is for me to maintain this level of intensity just to have you smash my dreams every time?" Joker answers.

Gotham police choppers swoop in, spot lights, bullhorns...roll credits...