PDA

View Full Version : What Another Batman Game Should Be Like!

The Bat
4th Mar 2009, 15:29
Hey, I'm new here and I just wanted to discuss what the next Batman Game should be like.
Well, I believe the next game should be based on the recent series "The Batman", and kinda make the game like the "Ultimate Spiderman Game" where there is free roaming and you have to complete tasks to proceed to the next mission. Like defeating gangs and races. I mean, Batman can fight gangs or small villains, such as Firefly or One of Killer Croc's minions. You can travel through the city with either the batmobile or batcycle, (I know that part was already stated in another thread), Each mission can be based on each episode but some how tie it all into one huge story.
Whenever Batman would jump into his car, there could be a panel on the side of the screen, showing the clip of how Batman climbs into his car from the show. It's just the type of game i'm waiting for, and don't get me wrong, Batman: Arkham Asylum is a game that I was also looking for.
I also think Batman's cape in this Batman series is the best one. (That's what I think)

imbatman08
4th Mar 2009, 23:31
Dude i think u pretty much coverd it there
the next game defo needs be free rome and defo needs the batmobile in it or bat-bike

Stealthguy1986
5th Mar 2009, 04:36
Hey, I'm new here and I just wanted to discuss what the next Batman Game should be like.
Well, I believe the next game should be based on the recent series "The Batman", and kinda make the game like the "Ultimate Spiderman Game" where there is free roaming and you have to complete tasks to proceed to the next mission. Like defeating gangs and races. I mean, Batman can fight gangs or small villains, such as Firefly or One of Killer Croc's minions. You can travel through the city with either the batmobile or batcycle, (I know that part was already stated in another thread), Each mission can be based on each episode but some how tie it all into one huge story.
Whenever Batman would jump into his car, there could be a panel on the side of the screen, showing the clip of how Batman climbs into his car from the show. It's just the type of game i'm waiting for, and don't get me wrong, Batman: Arkham Asylum is a game that I was also looking for.
I also think Batman's cape in this Batman series is the best one. (That's what I think)

I personally don't want the game to be like the Spidey games because free-roaming in those were somewhat limited.I want the free-roaming to resemble GTA:SAN ANDREAS(except for the car jacking, killing random civillians and so on) and Oblivion. There should be a dynamic a day and night cycle , the changing of weather as the days progresses in the game ie rain, snow etc.

Players should be able to play as Bruce Wayne and can also change into Batman costume anytime they want and viceversa. There should also be different clothes for Bruce to wear and since Bruce is a billionaire his mansion should have a lot of cars for the players to drive. Also players should have the option to buy new cars , bikes from the shops.

And we all know that Bruce pretends to be a casanova, inorder to keep a low profile. So I prefer to see some dating 'mini -games' in the game.

Bruce should have his own personal gym which he can use to learn new 'fight' and 'flight' moves. Then there should be food shops, restaurants , hotels which the players can use to gain energy. There should also be hospitals which the players can use to heal Batman's wound etc.

And the citizens in the gotham city should be believable ie they should have a particular time for their jobs, they should eat , hey should have their own homes and so on. It should be similar to oblivion's citizens.

There should be huge number of side quests like in oblivion , and the players should have the option to complete the game how he/she prefers ie they can depend upon their fighting skills, or gadgets or both or just pure thinking to fight and solve problems.

Though there are many other things I would love to see in a batman game but these are some which I really wish to see ina future batman game.

The_Hylden
5th Mar 2009, 08:09
I personally want to enjoy the GAME THAT IS COMING OUT first before asking for what should come in THE NEXT GAME...

angleslam99
5th Mar 2009, 08:23
I personally want to enjoy the GAME THAT IS COMING OUT first before asking for what should come in THE NEXT GAME...

This

Drazar
5th Mar 2009, 10:37

Agreed. :P

Blak Puddn
5th Mar 2009, 13:24
I just want Batman Arkham Asylum to be a standalone success then I will be happy to discuss the next Batman game in the series.

Zsasz
5th Mar 2009, 21:10
I agree with Hylden, but from the one described by Stealthguy you guys basically want Liberty City darkened and given Radiant AI? Do you know how formidable that gaming machine would have to be? Why do you think there weren't as many NPC's in Oblivion, Radiant AI takes a lot of work. To populate a MASSIVE CITY? Get ready to wait a good ten years.

Wigglez
6th Mar 2009, 06:15

You don't free-roam the city. You free-roam the asylum. Free-roaming the city would be dumb anyway because they'll just take away more mechanics and fun of a game just to build a virtual city. F*** that! The first level might be taking the Joker to Arkham, but we don't know that so there might be a level of driving. And it's not based off of the animated series. That's already been confirmed. And personally, I don't want to play a Batman that has a chin that's bigger than his fore-head. And a Joker with dreads? Wtf?! And showing clips from the cartoon of Batman getting in the BM while you actually get in the BM in-game. No. From reading that, you sound like you're like 12 or something.

SupermanSMASH
6th Mar 2009, 21:32
Yeah, that's a great idea. Free roaming batman game where the AI is lacking, the story is lacking, and the adrenaline rush is lacking because you're having to take 15 minutes to drive across town to pickup groceries because your ward is out of peanutbutter. ><

No thank you. I'll pass on a SimBatman game.

So far, Arkham Asylum sounds like the ideal way to make a batman game.
Thank you Rocksteady for making us all drool. :)

HA HA HA
7th Mar 2009, 01:07
God wouldn't it it suck if this games sucks? I wouldn't be able to live anymore! I would lose hope in the world! I'm srry this is off topic but I was to lazy to hit the back button and create a new topic.:confused:

The Joker 1
7th Mar 2009, 05:18
When Is The Joker going to Die? I mean I am a Joker Fanatic myself but I want to see The Joker Die. I hope that this game kills The Joker. I would prefer that The Joker falled from a very tall building or from an elevator or something like that.:cool: what death would you give The Joker in The Game?