PDA

View Full Version : Expressions, Augmentations, Reactions

auric
28th Feb 2009, 18:24
Not sure if anyone have said this already,
:)

What I loved about "Deus Ex: The Conspiracy"
is how some scenes reacts to what we do.

like if we sneak, people know, if we kill our bro raise his voice.

I totally hope this improves more, DX 2 did ok with this, love how we confuse the group leaders when we keep changing sides that someone says we are confusing or something like that. :D

I'm sure & hope that the 3rd game will retain the
"winning the game without killing / interacting with people"

Though that's just an estimation based on the trailer, that we're assuming the story will be about Augmentation rights.

If so, than let's have an Augmentation moral issue. To augment or not to augment.
With every augment, is actually replacing one's limbs, thanks to old fashion augmentation technology.

When choosing to augment, people will notice it & react differently to us, are we a fan of augment or against it or a hypocrite to be against yet using it non-theless.

Also would be nice to have force augmentation, when we got a limb crippled, healing to 100% hitpoint won't restore its full functionality.
Only Augmentation will repair that.

We go slower, aim poorer, see blurrier, etc. when we get crippled in certain areas. So can we win without augmenting with all these human failing or do we give in to the machine.

This would give players the reason not to get hurt.

So scoring system can be:
Humanity (Augmentation)
Stealth
Mass killing

facepalm
28th Feb 2009, 18:45
What I loved about "Deus Ex: The Conspiracy"
is how some scenes reacts to what we do.

like if we sneak, people know, if we kill our bro raise his voice.

I totally hope this improves more, DX 2 did ok with this, love how we confuse the group leaders when we keep changing sides that someone says we are confusing or something like that. :D

René has said that DX3 will "still based around making decisions which have consequences, selecting from a multi-path, multi-solution approach in a non-linear space (think DX1 not Invisible War)"

Sounds good on paper, a middle ground between DX's strict linear plot and DX2's backstabbing without consequenses should prove to be interesting, and possibly warrant multiple playthroughs.

Though that's just an estimation based on the trailer, that we're assuming the story will be about Augmentation rights.

There is bound to be a lot more to the story than that. The devs' grip of the ball is already slipping on the gameplay front, but I'm willing to overlook auto-regen, 3rd person camera and a lack of RPG elements, provided that the story is solid and entertaining.

auric
28th Feb 2009, 18:49
There is bound to be a lot more to the story than that. The devs' grip of the ball is already slipping on the gameplay front, but I'm willing to overlook auto-regen, 3rd person camera and a lack of RPG elements, provided that the story is solid and entertaining.

I'm sure there will be, didn't say its the only one :)

what grip of dev on the gameplay is slipping?

Spyhopping
28th Feb 2009, 18:51
I'm willing to overlook auto-regen, 3rd person camera and a lack of RPG elements, provided that the story is solid and entertaining.

Now that's what I want to be hearing more of. A bit of optimism, even if those listed elements aren't to your liking.

facepalm
28th Feb 2009, 18:52
what grip of dev on the gameplay is slipping?

That can't be a serious question.

auric
28th Feb 2009, 18:58
It is, when one have no clue as to what is going on there.

I don't get interviews on TV here on games, no papers or magazines (well just 1 about the trailer) that talk about it, etc.

So, I don't even know anything else about what they plan on the game.

I'm not even sure why you say "I'm willing to overlook auto-regen, 3rd person camera and a lack of RPG elements, provided that the story is solid and entertaining."

It can mean 2 things to me right now, which i'm not sure because I haven't heard any official issues about any of those parts about the game. Just people's hope of having or not.

facepalm
28th Feb 2009, 19:09
It can mean 2 things to me right now, which i'm not sure because I haven't heard any official issues about any of those parts about the game. Just people's hope of having or not.

The auto-regenerating health is an infamous example, the fan response has been negative everywhere on the internet, not just this forum.

It's apparent that the devs are building their new game on top of the smoking ruins that used to be Invisible War, rather than going all the way back to DX1, which raises concerns.