PDA

View Full Version : Hamill's Joker voice good or bad?

stefanator600
24th Feb 2009, 00:09
Hey guys, alot of people are commenting on Hamill's voice for this game and saying stuff like......"He is not good at it anymore", or "I can tell that he is really old now", well frankly, I don't believe that to be the case, I believe that Hamill is trying to bring a whole new dynamic to his Joker, something that is familiar, and yet different and darker. I believe that this change was intentional, not that he is unable to do his original voice anymore or he is too old or something. I think that this different voice is great, one of the reasons I post this thread is because I would like to know others opinions, so what do YOU think? Hamill's new take in this game, is it horrible or does it coinside perfectly with this game? :scratch:

Oh and if you do not like his voice for this game right now then you should keep in mind that we have all only seen one game trailer that he speaks very little in anyway, so he may be better when we actually hear significant amounts of lines from him.

Ok guys, tell me what you think. :wave:

qadsia123
24th Feb 2009, 00:38
TBH I love mike hamils joker I actually think he could of worked really well in the dark knight with alot of make up off course lol he has the most voice I wish I could have lol. Him and conroy are perfect. I mean when you look at the subsititutes there arent any that come close to mike hamil ask these people who they would like instead? they wont have a answer.

HA HA HA
24th Feb 2009, 01:30
Hey guys, alot of people are commenting on Hamill's voice for this game and saying stuff like......"He is not good at it anymore", or "I can tell that he is really old now", well frankly, I don't believe that to be the case, I believe that Hamill is trying to bring a whole new dynamic to his Joker, something that is familiar, and yet different and darker. I believe that this change was intentional, not that he is unable to do his original voice anymore or he is too old or something. I think that this different voice is great, one of the reasons I post this thread is because I would like to know others opinions, so what do YOU think? Hamill's new take in this game, is it horrible or does it coinside perfectly with this game? :scratch:

Oh and if you do not like his voice for this game right now then you should keep in mind that we have all only seen one game trailer that he speaks very little in anyway, so he may be better when we actually hear significant amounts of lines from him.

Ok guys, tell me what you think. :wave:

Exactly! Would we want a cartoony style voice for this game? NO! We want a dark and rather creepy Joker. After seeing this Joker's picture I would have laughed to hear his normal Joker voice.

stefanator600
24th Feb 2009, 01:32
TBH I love mike hamils joker I actually think he could of worked really well in the dark knight with alot of make up off course lol he has the most voice I wish I could have lol. Him and conroy are perfect. I mean when you look at the subsititutes there arent any that come close to mike hamil ask these people who they would like instead? they wont have a answer.

You must not love his Joker THAT much, considering that the name of the guy is "MARK" Hamill, not "Mike", lol. :whistle:

stefanator600
24th Feb 2009, 01:35
Exactly! Would we want a cartoony style voice for this game? NO! We want a dark and rather creepy Joker. After seeing this Joker's picture I would have laughed to hear his normal Joker voice.

I agree, very well said. :thumb:

HA HA HA
24th Feb 2009, 01:35
I agree, very well said. :thumb:

THANKS!

ICK14
24th Feb 2009, 04:55
I think Mark's voice was just fine. But at the end of the third trailer he had the weirdest laugh that I didn't like too much... But my concern is more with Kevin's voice.... For some reason it doesn't sound the same to me....

RonnyGreen
24th Feb 2009, 19:06
Was it Hamill who said: "Let's get this party started!"?
Did not sound like him at all. Perhaps a different character?

imbatman08
24th Feb 2009, 20:09

No i think it was hamill just there goin for sumit different than BTAS plus it was back in 1992 til 1995

And Kevin Conroy i think still sounds the same he is the best Batman the voice just makes batman soooooooooo CoooooooL

" He Gave Up To Easy...I Dont Like It " Kevin Conroy BAA trailer

stefanator600
24th Feb 2009, 22:00

Yeah man, I'm pretty sure that was Hamill, like I said, he is bringing a whole new dynamic to his original Joker voice, a voice that doesn't pass the realm of realism, something less cartoony. :D

HystericFreak
24th Feb 2009, 22:36
I think his voice is fine, it suits the character, and though it's not the same, would you really want a cookie cutter of what it used to be? He still has that sly and charming way of talking, but with an emphasis now on the aggressive tone.

Still gives me shivers, so it's lovely in my books.

Darth
24th Feb 2009, 23:39
It's not bad, but I'd much prefer the sort of voice he had in BTAS. I think that'd be much better. Then again, his first two lines in the trailer and his laugh in the environment trailer sound good.

Zsasz
24th Feb 2009, 23:53
Admit it guys, part of the attraction to Hamill's Joker voice is nostalgia. I can see why people would want to relive their childhood slightly with this game, but Mark Hamill's original voice would've just sounded silly on this new lanky, darker Joker. In TAS The Joker was a pretty average sized guy, if a little bit muscled, in this he looks positively emaciated.

The Sparrow
1st Mar 2009, 14:52
The voicxe Hamill does is really good. It's what you would expect for the Joker. I think it is not too strong and stable (a voice that would belong to a sain person), but not too high pitched and weak.

I do, though, really like the voice for original voice for Batman: TAS. In the game he kinda sounds like "Son Of Joker". But I know they were looking for realism when they were making the game, So the voice works out all right.

VergilC
1st Mar 2009, 23:12
:scratch: Why would ya have to ask that? Hamill's voice was always the BEST!:thumb:

qadsia123
3rd Mar 2009, 03:52
You must not love his Joker THAT much, considering that the name of the guy is "MARK" Hamill, not "Mike", lol. :whistle:

so just because I typed his name wrong I dont like him THAT much?? nice logic m8 :) FFS its not like Im thinking about the guy 24/7

angleslam99
3rd Mar 2009, 03:57
so just because I typed his name wrong I dont like him THAT much?? nice logic m8 :) FFS its not like Im thinking about the guy 24/7

you dont have to think of the guy 24/7 to remember his name. you remember your friends names dont you? do you think of them 24/7?

StormWeaver
3rd Mar 2009, 04:31
well as for the Jokers' voice, id pick Heath Ledger. But since his unfortunate passing, Hamill is my 2nd fave. Thought Ledgers' Joker was just as good if not better than Nicholsons' Joker from the 1st Batman movie. Hamills voice for the Joker in TAS was just perfect as well as Conroys' was for Batman.
Cant wait til the game comes out. Looks freakin sweet so far.

swan15
3rd Mar 2009, 12:10
well as for the Jokers' voice, id pick Heath Ledger. But since his unfortunate passing, Hamill is my 2nd fave. Thought Ledgers' Joker was just as good if not better than Nicholsons' Joker from the 1st Batman movie. Hamills voice for the Joker in TAS was just perfect as well as Conroys' was for Batman.
Cant wait til the game comes out. Looks freakin sweet so far.

I have to agree with you, Ledger is my favorite Joker, second Hamill's and then Nicholson. :thumb:

But we all have to remember the game is based on the comics side of Batman.:thumbsup:

Hamill's Joker Vs Ledger's Joker...........i'd pay to see that!!:rolleyes:

qadsia123
3rd Mar 2009, 13:27
you dont have to think of the guy 24/7 to remember his name. you remember your friends names dont you? do you think of them 24/7?

you obviously dont see how close mike is to mark it was an honest mistake. And I do think if my friends 24/7 :P

Falkon0130
3rd Mar 2009, 13:57
Wow, i didn't think about it that way, i guess you're right saying maybe Hamil's changing it for the sake of making it darker. It does bring a darker side of joker out. To the comparison thing here's my opinion. It's very difficult to judge them, because they are different styles of joker. Hamil is simply the voice actor so imo he is the best voice actor. Heath imo didn't have the joker voice, but he looked amazing as joker. Nicholson i think isn't the best, he's not the worst or bad just not the best. once again they have their own ideas of joker in their mind. I know that everybody loves heath but i mean come on, Hamil brings so much in his words, creepiness, passion, playfulness, and so much more.

I'm more looking forward to this as another Batman : TAS episode rather than just a game, you know what i mean?

one last note, all three actors had amazing joker laughs

The Sparrow
3rd Mar 2009, 23:51
Just anothe rthought to the "Son of Joker" thing, wouldn't it be flipping awesome if they did a comic based off that?

The_Hylden
5th Mar 2009, 08:25
I've said it since hearing it that it's on purpose. Darker, yes, since this Joker is grittier and more menacing than his often-times light-hearted counterpart in TAS. If you listen to Mark Hamil speak normally, you'll see his voice hasn't changed much.

HystericFreak
5th Mar 2009, 11:26
I've said it since hearing it that it's on purpose. Darker, yes, since this Joker is grittier and more menacing than his often-times light-hearted counterpart in TAS. If you listen to Mark Hamil speak normally, you'll see his voice hasn't changed much.

Generally when someone ages their voice doesn't alter than much, apart from maybe getting a bit dryer and maybe lower. He's still the only Joker voice for me!

(NB: I do accept Heath Ledger's Joker, but he is separate to the TAS Joker, and I keep them that way so I can swoon over them individually.) <3

Blak Puddn
5th Mar 2009, 13:21
Mark Hamil has defined the Joker in the animated series.

HarleyQuinnzel
6th Mar 2009, 11:57
Generally when someone ages their voice doesn't alter than much, apart from maybe getting a bit dryer and maybe lower. He's still the only Joker voice for me!

(NB: I do accept Heath Ledger's Joker, but he is separate to the TAS Joker, and I keep them that way so I can swoon over them individually.) <3

HystericFreak, you crack me up. I must agree, both equity swoon-worthy. Hamil was amazing as Joker and nothing truly holds a candle to his work. I'm very glad they got him to come back and do this game. It makes me very happy to hear his voice connected to The Joker once again.

DoctorFuManchu
7th Mar 2009, 05:41
the line "Now let's get this party started!" has made me wonder for awhile if iwas Hamill's voice slipping back to normal or him reinventing a darker joker, i hope its the later because it was dark and powerful like this game between us is going to end tonight.

The Sparrow
26th May 2009, 22:02

Sorry, went over this forum again and I had a serious LOL!!! HAH!!! MIke, Mark, Haha!!

Zombie-Gamer
26th May 2009, 22:07
I love Mark Hamill's Joker voice it was the sound of my childhood, and now he's bringing me back to Batman with this game. However in this game I think his voice is darker and a bit more menacing in this game which suits the darker tone of this game.

EliteF50
26th May 2009, 22:07
Hey guys, alot of people are commenting on Hamill's voice for this game and saying stuff like......"He is not good at it anymore", or "I can tell that he is really old now"

What!? Who's been saying these things?? Hamill is the Joker.

There isn't a better Joker voice out there, FACT. No opinion. :)

EliteF50
26th May 2009, 22:09
Kevin still sounds like Batman, but the way he said, "Get behind me, now," sounded... off.

Other than that, Kevin is the best Batman, EVER.

Ensanguined Walls
26th May 2009, 22:24
That podcast we submitted a week ago (where they previewed the game for six hours)...they mentioned that Hamill's new Joker voice makes him sound a bit British at times, but they appreciated the darker tone. They even said that his laugh is a bit darker.

Abeja
26th May 2009, 22:24
I dont see the problem. I love the way he sounds, even if it doesnt sound exactly like BTAS.

That podcast we submitted a week ago (where they previewed the game for six hours)...they mentioned that Hamill's new Joker voice makes him sound a bit British at times, but they appreciated the darker tone. They even said that his laugh is a bit darker.

I heard that too. Kinda funny. From all the lines ive heard, there really isnt to much I can complain about..

I love Mark Hamill's Joker voice it was the sound of my childhood, and now he's bringing me back to Batman with this game. However in this game I think his voice is darker and a bit more menacing in this game which suits the darker tone of this game.

Exactly. I loved BTAS, and i always saw Mark Hamills name and never understood how he fit into the show. Until later on in my life, and now he is doing a game with the same people of BTAS? Consider me in. I watched Star Wars yesterday on MTVHD and a couple weeks ago on SpikeHD just cause I wanted to see Hamill again.

EliteF50
26th May 2009, 22:26
You guys got to remember, TAS was 15 years ago.

His voice might sound slightly different, but I think he's doing it on purpose.

Ensanguined Walls
26th May 2009, 22:27
Admit it guys, part of the attraction to Hamill's Joker voice is nostalgia. I can see why people would want to relive their childhood slightly with this game, but Mark Hamill's original voice would've just sounded silly on this new lanky, darker Joker. In TAS The Joker was a pretty average sized guy, if a little bit muscled, in this he looks positively emaciated.

Not at all. I think he has the perfect Joker voice.

Ensanguined Walls
26th May 2009, 22:28
You guys got to remember, TAS was 15 years ago.

His voice might sound slightly different, but I think he's doing it on purpose.

If you think about it, the fact that he can still do the laugh 15 years later is incredible. Sure, it sounds darker, but it's classic Hamill. In the combat room videos, the lines where he says "Go get him!" and "I need to get new henchmen..." are just like TAS.

bouncybullet
7th Jul 2009, 06:09
Hamill is perfect as Joker.. his delivery in the game sounds darker than ever.

CaptainMcMulla
7th Jul 2009, 06:24
Yes, I always think Mark Hamill has the best Joker voice. Even 15 years on from TAS and he is still going. Congratulations Mark Hamill.

Amputechture
7th Jul 2009, 06:25
Yes, Hamill is the best and I don't know what is going on here. For the most part, I see nothing but positive thoughts on his voice work for the game. I think he is fantastic! I feel like watching Comic Book again now ... Thanks guys!

GibsonSGBat
7th Jul 2009, 11:11
Hamill is the joker!!! Although Ledger did a very good job in the DK.

Sivart
7th Jul 2009, 17:20
I think he sounds fine.

Although in a lot of other places I've heard people complaining that "He sound old and fat now".

I don't get that... old... and fat? He sounds fat?

CaptainMcMulla
7th Jul 2009, 17:22
I think he sounds fine.

Although in a lot of other places I've heard people complaining that "He sound old and fat now".

I don't get that... old... and fat? He sounds fat?

:lmao:

Clown Prince Of Crime
7th Jul 2009, 17:30
To decide wether Hamill is a good Joker or not will differ from person to person.

I believe Hamill has always excellently voiced the Joker. He can go high for the energetic parts, and low for a more serious Joker. However, in AA Hamill's voice has become better than ever. The line 'Lets get this party started' is a line that shows this.

I prefer that his voice has become a bit 'darker/serious'. Because after seeing how 'dark and serious' Heath Ledgers joker got with the voice, I prefer it.

GibsonSGBat
7th Jul 2009, 17:34
Really like the line where it goes: "you sprang it GLORIOUSLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" lol. I think we could be in for some seriously good one liners in the game

curiousgerbil
7th Jul 2009, 17:37
I think he's easily the best voice for the Joker and he seems to be at the top of his game in Arkham.

GibsonSGBat
7th Jul 2009, 17:59
I think he's easily the best voice for the Joker and he seems to be at the top of his game in Arkham.

Yeah I agree mate. Just looking through a few trailers and snippets of gameplay Jokers/Hamills voice over is spot on, really really good. (slightly off topic) I think Bats v-o is pretty good aswell actually! Its seems Rocksteady have done a cracking job in recruiting v-o artists!

Matches Malone
7th Jul 2009, 18:09
To me he has always been a bit too light heated, he definitely does a better job (for me) in AA. To me Mark makes a better Jedi then Joker :) he is still great as Joker but he was never creepy, menacing, or threatening in TAS (again to me at least) just my opinion.

curiousgerbil
7th Jul 2009, 18:12
To me he has always been a bit too light heated, he definitely does a better job (for me) in AA. To me Mark makes a better Jedi then Joker :) he is still great as Joker but he was never creepy, menacing, or threatening in TAS (again to me at least) just my opinion.

You have to remember that TAS had to be kid friendly. He does seem much better and creepier in Arkam.

thedeadpool
7th Jul 2009, 18:24
They both are older but also their charcters are older in this game.

Clown Prince Of Crime
7th Jul 2009, 18:33
On another trailer when he breaks free he strangles a guard to death, while an Arkham doctor watches in horror, Hamill unleashes another great line:

"Hurry were loosing him doc !"

:lol:

WallaMalla
7th Jul 2009, 19:35
Hamill is the best Joker - voice EVER, when he's gone there will be no one to replace his quality... and that's a bit sad.

Drazar
7th Jul 2009, 19:36
Hamill is the best Joker - voice EVER, when he's gone there will be no one to replace his quality... and that's a bit sad.

Jeff Bennet does a great classy gangster Joker voice if you ask me.

MCREF
7th Jul 2009, 20:05
With all due respect and remember I'm saying with all due respect (Sorry watched Talledega again) I don't know who Jeff Bennet is, but Hamill can wipe the floor with him. Hamill's Joker is incredible. To get that much animation (characterization not the other one) from a voice is amazing. He's the only voice actor who stood up to do his character on the series and he goes all out all the time. There are very few actors who'll do that with each role; Heath Ledger (Not just his Joker role. Look back at Brother's Grim. It was a horrible character to begin with but he committed to it the entire time without even a hint of his own persona), Johnny Depp, Ben Foster, etc. To those who say Hamill's Joker is getting hindered because of age I say way to base a formal opinion on a product you haven't seen in it's entirety. That and Joker got older from BTAS to JLU.

evilmajikman
7th Jul 2009, 20:07
Actually his voice hasn't really changed at all. If you've seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike back then you'd notice it's easy for him to switch back and forth between the Joker voice and his normal voice.

Also he did a great job voicing Majima in the Sega game Yakuza.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=778VDaSLeX4

VXR
7th Jul 2009, 20:12
im sure ill get flamed for this............

to me, hammil IS the joker.

and i am happy people NOW see him more of THAT, than luke skywalker.

but if i had to select a replacement ...... i would give it too gilbert gotfreid ( comic )
his laugh on the howard stern show.... is 100% maniacal.

he certainly has enough talent, and experience as a voice over artist.

Drazar
7th Jul 2009, 20:15
With all due respect and remember I'm saying with all due respect (Sorry watched Talledega again) I don't know who Jeff Bennet is, but Hamill can wipe the floor with him.

Jeff Benneth voiced the Creeper in B:TAS :) I'm not saying he outdoes Hamill but he had a very clownly laughter. Joker is just the more ruthless one really. I think one of the creepiest things Joker ha ssaid is the recent "hey frankie hows the wife and kids doing" out of all the lines... Because when the Joker knows you have a family you'd be scared and worried of their health and safety pretty damn much.

MCREF
7th Jul 2009, 20:18
Jeff Benneth voiced the Creeper in B:TAS :) I'm not saying he outdoes Hamill but he had a very clownly laughter. Joker is just the more ruthless one really. I think one of the creepiest things Joker ha ssaid is the recent "hey frankie hows the wife and kids doing" out of all the lines... Because when the Joker knows you have a family you'd be scared and worried of their health and safety pretty damn much.

Yeah, I was just clowning around. I wasn't that serious about it.

Drazar
7th Jul 2009, 20:23
Yeah, I was just clowning around. I wasn't that serious about it.

Well i didn't take it personally or anything when you said "Hamill would wipe the floor" or anything. Just wanted to explain why i like Bennet's voice and who he is to you. ^_^

Darkfalcon
7th Jul 2009, 21:14
Good, He does an Excellant Joker!!!, Go luke! XD

Velderik
7th Jul 2009, 22:00
Hamil is the one and only true Joker.
Why? He's psychotic and at the same time he got a creepy sense for fun. Heath did a great performance but he was more psychotic than creepy funny. And in my eyes the real Joker is great in both of those aspects.

One love for Hamil!

morphman30
8th Jul 2009, 00:58
when i think of the joker there are 2 people that stand out kevin michael richardson and mark hamill. i personally think that both are equally good at being joker but mark has done it longer.

Disco Phantasm
8th Jul 2009, 01:05
Mark IS the one and only true Joker for me. The rest are impostors or just lame.

JawsFanJesse
8th Jul 2009, 01:27
Mark IS the one and only true Joker for me. The rest are impostors or just lame.

Yes Yes Yes TRUE ! Same Here Buddy :thumb:

Reecio
8th Jul 2009, 01:32
Hamil doing the Joker's voice is perfect, he gets the character and as such can put such life in to him it makes the character seem so much more real (For a crazy psychopath). :D

the scarecrow
8th Jul 2009, 04:22
his voice is fantastic i love it ps i love star wars i mean im no nerd but they are good

The New Blueguy
8th Jul 2009, 05:37
Nuff Said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM

RonnyGreen
8th Jul 2009, 05:45

That is the biggest piece of nonsense I've ever heard on these forums, and that's saying something.

Ensanguined Walls
8th Jul 2009, 05:49
Hamill has always been my favorite Joker. That hasn't changed over the years.

...now I'm always smiling
8th Jul 2009, 17:20
Hamil is the one and only true Joker.
Why? He's psychotic and at the same time he got a creepy sense for fun. Heath did a great performance but he was more psychotic than creepy funny. And in my eyes the real Joker is great in both of those aspects.

One love for Hamil!

Not to be rude to your opinion of "funny", Velderik, but Ledger's Joker was the funniest Joker I've yet seen. The jokes are so dark and morbid that most people don't seem to realize them for what they are. As for the voice of Hamill, he does it perfectly from what I've heard so far. But I would be very interested, were Heath still with us, to see his voice used in the game. I'm not trying to say Heath would have been better, but it would be much...different. Also, wouldn't Heath Ledger's voice have brought this game more publicity than it already has?

THEICON2125
8th Jul 2009, 20:26
I think he still sounds good, but not as good as he was before.

CaptainMcMulla
8th Jul 2009, 20:33
He sounds more creepier and scarier in the game than he does in the animated series.

EliteF50
8th Jul 2009, 20:35
Not to be rude to your opinion of "funny", Velderik, but Ledger's Joker was the funniest Joker I've yet seen. The jokes are so dark and morbid that most people don't seem to realize them for what they are. As for the voice of Hamill, he does it perfectly from what I've heard so far. But I would be very interested, were Heath still with us, to see his voice used in the game. I'm not trying to say Heath would have been better, but it would be much...different. Also, wouldn't Heath Ledger's voice have brought this game more publicity than it already has?

I'll trade talent for publicity any day.

Drazar
8th Jul 2009, 20:37
Besides its so far fetcheds to say an actor would join a game when you're a hollywood star. Heath wasn't a comic book nerd or a fan. All he did was his resource for the movie as it was a project for him as an actor. Why would he bother voice acting for a game? =p (yes i know its a "if" situation but as i said, its a very far fetched one)

CaptainMcMulla
8th Jul 2009, 20:39
I agree with Elite there. You would rather go with Talent than the Publicity.
Mark Hamill vs Heath Ledger
Kevin Conroy vs Christian Bale

Velderik
9th Jul 2009, 00:43

That's your opinion, but I still prefer the jokes from Hamils Joker.
Dunno about his popularity, Hamil is also very known, allthough I don't think that people recognise him as the Joker but more as Luke Skywalker, so you might have a good point there.

EliteF50
9th Jul 2009, 00:44
I agree with Elite there. You would rather go with Talent than the Publicity.
Mark Hamill vs Heath Ledger
Kevin Conroy vs Christian Bale

Exactly. I'm not saying Bale and Ledger are talentless, but there's a reason why Kevin and Mark have been playing the roles of Batman and Joker for so long, you know.

Velderik
9th Jul 2009, 00:56
The thing I really like in Hamils Joker is that he sounds like he IS the Joker. His voice is so unique. it's sounds so dark and some moments he sounds so childish/immature like everything is just a game to him.

You can really feel the darkness in this vid, and some humor :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKEfoC4tvJg&feature=related

Childish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-2ZKr2VGx4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR4SZT2DiZE&feature=related

9th Jul 2009, 01:22

Elite, sorry for just naming you but; I wasn't saying that I would go for publicity over talent either. However, Ledger has both as the Joker (in my and a few hundred thousand other peoples' opinions), whereas Hamill only has the talent, and is actually known for being Luke Skywalker. Also, to Drazar here, Hugh Jackman voiced a much less hyped video game, you may know it, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's not unheard of to have celebrity actors play their video game counterparts. (And yes I realize that this game is completely unrelated to anything within The Dark Knight, so don't even start with that BS.) And I was merely saying that it would be INTERESTING to see and hear what the game would have been like were Ledger alive AND voiced this game. And finally to Velderik again, I know that's my opinion, you don't have to tell me. Sorry if I have to make everything so clear to some. Perhaps you should expand your opinion of "funny". Just wanted to clear that up for everyone.

Sivart
9th Jul 2009, 02:09
Cept X-Men: Origins was a movie-tie in.

Batman: Arkham Asylum has no direct correlation to The Dark Knight aside from both being Batman related.

Addtionally, while I am not a big Batman movie pusher (I do however enjoy them as movies), Ledger and Bale's names would've attracted the Dark Knight fanbase, yes. However, Kevin and Mark's names spark interest in the deeply scornful of video-game visions Bat-fanbase. They do have a noticable cult following. Really.

9th Jul 2009, 03:51
Cept X-Men: Origins was a movie-tie in.

Batman: Arkham Asylum has no direct correlation to The Dark Knight aside from both being Batman related.

Addtionally, while I am not a big Batman movie pusher (I do however enjoy them as movies), Ledger and Bale's names would've attracted the Dark Knight fanbase, yes. However, Kevin and Mark's names spark interest in the deeply scornful of video-game visions Bat-fanbase. They do have a noticable cult following. Really.

Yes, but look at the post again. It clearly says, "I realize that this game is completely unrelated to anything within The Dark Knight" (And no, I didn't edit it). By this I was acknowleding that Wolverine was a movie tie-in, and that this game was NOT. Sorry if that wasn't very clear. (Perhaps I shouldn't let people here use their inferencing skills, or lack there of). I was just using this example to disagree with Drazar. And if you don't like the Wolverine comparison, look at everyone's favourite Joker here, Mark Hamill. Where have I seen him before? Oh yeah, one of the largest grossing movies of all-time. "Star Wars". Perhaps that's a better comparison. Get the point Drazar? I think most comic-book freaks would have bought the game either way, seeing as it's the only proper Batman game to ever reach such excellent quality. And enough with Bale. I never said to use Bale too. I personally think his voice as Batman is far too...strange. Conroy is much better in that regard. So if the marketing people had had the choice, I think it would have been an obvious one. Not that it's for them to decide, nor did anyone have a choice between Ledger or Hamill. And besides, it's fitting that Hamill should do it, if only because he sounds more like the original Joker, and the dev team used that original look. Also, you admit that it would have attracted fans of "The Dark Knight", which is huge. It's the second highest grossing movie of all-time. Only behind "Titanic". I'd say you'd get a ****load more people to buy a game with someone from "The Dark Knight" than you would from "B:TAS". Even if a quarter of them had a 360, PS3, or PC wanted to play the game. Just an observation. Finally, I do hope you're not implying that I am a Batman movie pusher, Sivart. As that is how it seems. I merely like to entertain the notion that one of the greatest actors of this geneartion could have voiced the Joker in B:AA.

Drazar
9th Jul 2009, 08:49
Sure you could encourge the Ledger-fanboys to get the game if he had voiced in this game, but this Dark Knight hype is the same as Tim Burton's Batman hype was in early 90s. Girls had batman earrings and loads of people had bat symbol shirts and whatnot logos and so on. The trend died quickly and sooner or later so will Joker. Perhaps even when Iron Man 2 comes and we see Mike Rourke as the Whiplash fightning off againts Iron Man in a CGI and so on can get the teens to craze about Rourke alot.

Really even if Ledger was alive i would personally prefer Hamill because this game is about Batman, and who else better to cast voice acting than the professional ones?

CaptainMcMulla
9th Jul 2009, 08:52
i cant really imagine Ledger voicing The Joker for a video game like this, it would only suit Mark Hamill.

Ensanguined Walls
9th Jul 2009, 09:11
Indeed. I must confess that I am not much of a fan of Ledger's Joker, and movie tie-ins generally tend to do poorly. That is why I'm eagerly anticipating Arkham Asylum, which draws inspiration from Batman lore itself, and not necessarily one adaptation. No offense to any Ledger followers, but Hamill is simply my favorite Joker, and you need to have Hamill if Kevin is voicing The Batman. They are a classic combination, and the two of them forever will be in the hearts of the legions of fans that Batman: The Animated Series has.

GibsonSGBat
9th Jul 2009, 09:12
i cant really imagine Ledger voicing The Joker for a video game like this, it would only suit Mark Hamill.

I agree. To me Hamill = the Joker.

CaptainMcMulla
9th Jul 2009, 09:15
i love Heath Ledger but the way he portrayed The Joker in TDK would not suit this game, therefore Mark Hamill wins.

Ensanguined Walls
9th Jul 2009, 09:16
Indeed. Paul Dini's dialogue suits a Hamill-like Joker much more than a Ledger-like psychopath.

Drazar
9th Jul 2009, 09:20
Not to mention Ledger's Joker was very young, as they were both in the early "Batman" years. Now ofcourse someone can argue "oh he could have made it more gruffer and older" but the whole point of Ledger's voice was to not sound anywhere close to Jack Nicholson or so. Could Ledger really wanted to try and pull off another voice? Or would people really wanna hear a young Joker in a game where Batman and Joker have both been fightning each other for 10 years or so?