PDA

View Full Version : Superman?

RAF_MAN_IN_HD
23rd Feb 2009, 12:07
What so you think abot the idea of having a level where superman comes to help batman and then you get to play as him, or have him as a character to download online as a DLC.

jhonnyboy
23rd Feb 2009, 13:07
Hey RAF and welcome to the forums. I only speak for myself when i say that i do not like superman and this is a Batman forum. So sorry if the following sounds a bit harsh, but what i think of your Idea to be able to play as superman or even see superman inside Batman Arkham Asylum is:

Fail :mad2:

This would ruin the game for me...

magic_girl_z
23rd Feb 2009, 13:26
1) this is a batman game
2) Superman (IMHO) is a douche, and It'd ruin the game especially the believability of it..I mean seriously..

:mad2:

Batmanhill6157
23rd Feb 2009, 14:31
the only way Superman would work in this game is if he was a boss. Maybe manipulated by Ivy

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Feb 2009, 15:12
please God! noooooo! superman? really? I wouldn't even bother getting the game if I knew that superman would be there :mad2:

angleslam99
23rd Feb 2009, 18:30
the only way Superman would work in this game is if he was a boss. Maybe manipulated by Ivy

This. And I don't get all the Superman hate, he's my second favorite hero behind Batman.

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Feb 2009, 19:23
This. And I don't get all the Superman hate, he's my second favorite hero behind Batman.
I don't hate him, he is kind of cool but have you ever met someone that is sooo nice that you just to want to punch them on the face? That is how I feel about superman, too bad that he could break me by just looking at me. I do feel that having superman there wouldn’t benefit the dark environment that this game is trying to reflect and it will also kill the realism of the game, but maybe that's just me.

HA HA HA
24th Feb 2009, 01:34
HEy here is what I think about superman coming. I bought MK vs DCU just so I could pound Superman into the ground with Shao Kahn! I hate suprman and when he dies I'll piss on his grave.

Blak Puddn
24th Feb 2009, 01:40
Superman has no place in this game !

stefanator600
24th Feb 2009, 01:50
It would be pretty gay to have Superman in this game considering he is the lamest Super Hero in the entire universe! It is probably wrong to even call him a Super Hero. :thud:

ICK14
24th Feb 2009, 04:50
and it will also kill the realism of the game,

Realism? WHAT REALISM?!?!? Its a game based on a COMIC BOOK!!! There is a guy with Green skin and is like 10 feet tall! Having Superman in the game wouldn't kill the realism.... But that doesn't make it a good idea. A Superman cameo would be kinda stupid in my book.

angleslam99
24th Feb 2009, 06:27
It would be pretty gay to have Superman in this game considering he is the lamest Super Hero in the entire universe! It is probably wrong to even call him a Super Hero. :thud:

How is it wrong to call him a super hero? He is the most recognizable super hero of all time and revolutionized the super hero genre. Not liking him is one thing but saying it's wrong to call him a super hero is just absurd.

HystericFreak
24th Feb 2009, 06:59
Eh, not a fan of Superman. There's something I find very unsatisfying about an all powerful character who's only weakness is a glowing stone.

I mean, where's the relatability? I can't feel him, man! *minor art-student rant about flawed heroes being all the more meaningful*

RAF_MAN_IN_HD
24th Feb 2009, 08:29
guys I am not too crazy about superman but I am just saying wouldn't it be cool to have superman as a playable character! imagine if you could punch the thugs 50 miles away or flay acrross the ruins of arkham. I know where u guys r comming from, I also think that superman is over-rated and batman could kick his ass all the way bak 2 th kent farm.:D

magic_girl_z
24th Feb 2009, 08:36
:mad2: you want to play as superman? you want to be able to save the children from a burning bus in Berbice Guyana then write about it for your newspaper back in metropolis gloating for you 'adoring fans'? you want to be able to punch the thug 50 miles away or fly across 'the ruins of arkham' (which btw there are none of considering its a house\jail\hospital thing, and not in the middle of the freaking Sahara Desert.)? you wanna do all this? then go by a Superman game. And leave Clark out of Gotham. :thumb: BTW there Batman has the grapel so he too can 'fly across the 'ruins of arkham'.

guys I am not too crazy about superman but I am just saying wouldn't it be cool to have superman as a playable character! imagine if you could punch the thugs 50 miles away or flay acrross the ruins of arkham. I know where u guys r comming from, I also think that superman is over-rated and batman could kick his ass all the way bak 2 th kent farm.:D

RAF_MAN_IN_HD
24th Feb 2009, 11:31
I am not saying I want to rescue children from fires and be welcomed by adoring fans. all I am saying it would be cool to have a superman skin with his powers but you still hav th batman storyline not a superman storyline.

GoranAgar
24th Feb 2009, 11:32
In the DC universe there are a lot of very good Superman/Batman cross over episodes.

In the game it would probably go like this: Superman comes in and offers his help ... and gets brushed off. :D

magic_girl_z
24th Feb 2009, 14:37
lol Goran. I just don't see it happening in B:AA.
perhaps if it was an open world game sure no problem superman all comes in whistling about "here I am to save the day" and Batman is like "no seriously get out of Gotham..my town my city" grumble grumble, batglare. Superman flies away.

but if the whole idea is to make us feel like we are in danger in every corner as we are trapped in B:AA, it will ruin the believability if Superman punches a whole through the wall and goes "this way, capped citizen!" (in her best superman 60's superfriends impression)...its like..no! lol.

sorry.

DCUFan21404
24th Feb 2009, 22:02
No, Having Supes cameo in this game probably wouldn't benefit the title. MAYBE as a paid Downloadable content, but, not as part of the story. This is a Batman game, based in Gotham City, and basically, it's a turf thing. Batman runs the show in Gotham. That said...

Um...first of all, Superman is the single reason they call them "Super" Heroes.

Secondly, and before I say it, I love Batman, he's probably one of the coolest comic book characters, BUT Batman is NOT a Super Hero. There is ABSOLUTELY 100% NOTHING SUPER ABOUT BATMAN. Batman is probably the greatest detective and hand-to-hand combatant on the face of the planet, but he is NOT a Super Hero. He is a Hero, yes, and a Vigilante, but he has no Super Powers, which disqualifies him from being a Super Hero.

The Reason Superman is so great, btw, isn't because of what he CAN do, it's because of who he is. He could rule the world and doesn't, and has to be alive while he watches everybody he knows and loves die. He'll be alive thousands of years after everybody he knows. Plain and simple, Superman is so great because of what he has to endure. Knowing every day that he'll have to leave everyone behind and keep living. That's what makes him a Super Hero. In the same vein, Batman is so great because he's just a man. He can die just like anybody else, but because of what he's been through in his life, he takes that chance to bring justice to those who can't find it on their own. THAT said...

Batman would most likely brush him off anyway. Batman's pretty much a solo act and doesn't really need the help And besides, since when has a Superman game ever been good? I, for one, would like to play this game and enjoy the fact that I can play the crap out of it without feeling like they had to sacrifice the characters abilities to make the game believeable If supes shows up, they'd have to give all the inmates Kryptonite weapons, or, have him have a cold, or god nows what. With bats, all they have to do is be free, and they pose a threat. THAT's why it'll rock your socks off :D <--- End Rant.

stefanator600
24th Feb 2009, 22:28
No, Having Supes cameo in this game probably wouldn't benefit the title. MAYBE as a paid Downloadable content, but, not as part of the story. This is a Batman game, based in Gotham City, and basically, it's a turf thing. Batman runs the show in Gotham. That said...

Um...first of all, Superman is the single reason they call them "Super" Heroes.

Secondly, and before I say it, I love Batman, he's probably one of the coolest comic book characters, BUT Batman is NOT a Super Hero. There is ABSOLUTELY 100% NOTHING SUPER ABOUT BATMAN. Batman is probably the greatest detective and hand-to-hand combatant on the face of the planet, but he is NOT a Super Hero. He is a Hero, yes, and a Vigilante, but he has no Super Powers, which disqualifies him from being a Super Hero.

The Reason Superman is so great, btw, isn't because of what he CAN do, it's because of who he is. He could rule the world and doesn't, and has to be alive while he watches everybody he knows and loves die. He'll be alive thousands of years after everybody he knows. Plain and simple, Superman is so great because of what he has to endure. Knowing every day that he'll have to leave everyone behind and keep living. That's what makes him a Super Hero. In the same vein, Batman is so great because he's just a man. He can die just like anybody else, but because of what he's been through in his life, he takes that chance to bring justice to those who can't find it on their own. THAT said...

Batman would most likely brush him off anyway. Batman's pretty much a solo act and doesn't really need the help And besides, since when has a Superman game ever been good? I, for one, would like to play this game and enjoy the fact that I can play the crap out of it without feeling like they had to sacrifice the characters abilities to make the game believeable If supes shows up, they'd have to give all the inmates Kryptonite weapons, or, have him have a cold, or god nows what. With bats, all they have to do is be free, and they pose a threat. THAT's why it'll rock your socks off :D <--- End Rant.

Wow man, long rant! I just wanna say that I respect you opinion of liking Superman, and also wanted to say that I already understand that Batman is not to be considered a SUPER hero, I said this no where in my post. I just plain don't like Superman, the whole idea and backstory for him is really really lame, "Alien being crashes on earth, is raised by farm people, grows up and figures out that he is unbeatable, except for a glowing stone of course, oh yeah and when he is wearing his glasses he is Clark Kent, but when he takes them off he is Superman and no one even notices it's him." (pretty lame disguise). He is blessed with all of this luck and amazing skill and he is not even from this world, Superman has no intriguing backstory to follow his becoming of a Hero other than he is unbeatable, seriously where is the tradgedy, and gooey stuff that makes up a good Hero? Sorry, that is just my opinion. End: My rant. :hmm:

Darth
24th Feb 2009, 23:44
Ick. Superman is much too generic, especially his powers. He's super strong, super fast, can fly, has laser vision, and has ice breath that he barely ever uses. He's not edgy, he's not interesting, he's not exciting, his rival is a bald rich guy, and his suit colours clash horrendously. Including Superman in this game would ruin it for me.

DCUFan21404
24th Feb 2009, 23:45
oh yeah and when he is wearing his glasses he is Clark Kent, but when he takes them off he is Superman and no one even notices it's him." :hmm:

I concur, that is probably the most distressing portion of Superman IMO. But the sadness of eternal life is the gooey stuff for me. Also, I wasn't trying to single you out or anything, but your post really captured what I felt was the general opinion here in one tiny morsel so I used it lol.

Zsasz
24th Feb 2009, 23:59
Eh, not a fan of Superman. There's something I find very unsatisfying about an all powerful character who's only weakness is a glowing stone.

I mean, where's the relatability? I can't feel him, man! *minor art-student rant about flawed heroes being all the more meaningful*

It's like Captain Scarlet, that guy was invincible, no matter what you did it to him he would never die from it. I despise Captain Scarlet, relatability is a must for Superheroes, at the end of the day I just want to see that they're human, or whatever deep down. Batman is just as insane as The Joker in many ways, but just because he's taking it out on criminals people are more or less non-plussed by it.

That's why I love Batman, not only is he fighting the best villains devised by DC, but the main ones represent his personal demons, as well as Chaos and evil and blah blah blah.

That's why Superman doesn't make for good story-telling. Plus, if you think about it, Kryptonite is his only weakness, but Criminals have the stuff by the bucket load! The AMOUNT OF TIMES Superman has been exposed to Kryptonite is near unbelievable.

stefanator600
25th Feb 2009, 00:04
I concur, that is probably the most distressing portion of Superman IMO. But the sadness of eternal life is the gooey stuff for me. Also, I wasn't trying to single you out or anything, but your post really captured what I felt was the general opinion here in one tiny morsel so I used it lol.

Well its fine, I'm not offended, and yes I did post a very generalized opinion in my first post, but I am not ignorant in my dislike of Superman, I assure you, I know enough about him to have made my conclusion, it isn't like its just Superman, I don't sit well with any Hero who has an unusual amount of power, they can have powers, they just shouldn't be unbreakable Heros, the idea of that is lame to me, part of what makes a great Hero is their inability to overcome certain obstacles, in turn this allows you to relate to him/her. As I said though, you are entitled to your opinion, you may very well connect with Superman and thats great, but not I. Thanks for your post and sorry if I offended you in any fashion. :thumb:

GoranAgar
25th Feb 2009, 13:03
seriously where is the tradgedy,
I do not think there is a single super hero that suffers more than Superman does. Especially because he has such high standards (which for an odd and a lot of very sad reason seems to be very uncool these days).

And the glasses are not his only disguise. Forget Smallville and Lois&Clark. The real Clark Kent is a shy, low voiced, clumsy guy with old fashioned glasses and clerk hair.

All the problems and challenges Batman, Spiderman, Green Lantern, The Hulk and what not have are pale compared to Supermans. They throw major crap at him and he does not hide bruting in some cave like certain other guys that have an Eidos forum dedicated to them. :p

k1ll1ng j0k3
25th Feb 2009, 15:06
wow we all got served! :eek: but isn't the fortress of solitude some sort of cave?

GoranAgar
25th Feb 2009, 15:29
I fixed my reply. Better? ;)

k1ll1ng j0k3
25th Feb 2009, 16:03
lol yes way better! but I see your point and to tell you the truth I didn't think about it that way, so your point of view was quite refreshing :D

stefanator600
25th Feb 2009, 18:07
They throw major crap at him and he does not hide bruting in some cave like certain other guys that have an Eidos forum dedicated to them. :p[/QUOTE]

Jeez, I am appalled that you would say that about Batman, lol. :scratch:

SupermanSMASH
26th Feb 2009, 02:30
This game environment is not suited for a superhero like Superman to be in. If Zod or a giant mechanical spider was in it... Maybe.

I mean, c'mon... if you want another character to play through the game with, pick a Nightwing or a saucy Huntress for pete's sake.

Adam West version skin FTW BTW.

The_Hylden
26th Feb 2009, 11:08
I do not think there is a single super hero that suffers more than Superman does. Especially because he has such high standards (which for an odd and a lot of very sad reason seems to be very uncool these days).

I concur! It's far more noble a character trait to withstand the horrors of the world and to NOT let it consume you, change you, and to deter your moral and ethical code, than for it to make you dark, brooding, and compromising. There's nothing whatsoever wrong with standing by honor, principles, unwavering faith in the good of things. Superman is, and will be as long as humanity isn't totally too far gone for redemption, a symbol of what we can be (besides the powers). I also find it disturbing the level of resentment his character brings only in the newer generations. Truly, it's yet another sign of the furthering worse times we are in, unfortunately.

Anyway, with all of that said, of course I love Batman as well, with all he has had to endure and his character. I also do not believe simply tossing in Superman into this mix is viable, or necessary. This is Batman, at his glorious height of character, intermixed with the worst of humanity he faces night in and night out, and it needs to be gritty and faithful to his world. Crossovers can wait. Superman, though, can be made great into both video games and movies again. There's nothing holding back a good idea and concept. The same reasons Superman has shone throughout next to a century are the same reasons he will endure beyond. All it would take is a dedicated, caring, authentic storyteller and craftsmen to bring him to life in both a great video game, or movie.

Save the nonsense of "I piss on Superman's grave." "I hate Superman!" etc., for someplace else, hm? No reason I need to sift through that garbage. opinions are one thing. Childishness and ignorance is quite another.

Wigglez
8th Mar 2009, 04:44
If they were gonna put Superman in this, then they shouldn't have even made the game. He would just demolish the entire population of villains up in that joint with only a single breath.

RabidEasterBunny
8th Mar 2009, 15:05
And THAT post wasn't based or ignorant at all...

Termix
8th Mar 2009, 15:48
Superman is cool, but he doesn't belong to a Batman Game, especially if its set in Arkham Asylum, Superman could just run in take all enemies down and go for a shower afterwards, kinda boring.
I remember a crossover in the Animated Series, it was cruel, Batman was turned into a mute while Superman had all the action.

The_Hylden
8th Mar 2009, 21:32
And THAT post wasn't based or ignorant at all...

His point is valid. There's no enemy there that Superman, being Superman with all of his power, could not easily defeat. Unless you bring Kryptonite into the mix, or magic. Perhaps if a spell was created to hinder Superman, then that's a different story.

CorruptGreed
9th Mar 2009, 02:56
This isnt a superman game.
This is batman.
Even having superman as a bonus/hidden character would be horrible. Give us some other batman related characters :D

Why So Serious ?
9th Mar 2009, 03:15
This isnt a superman game.
This is batman.
Even having superman as a bonus/hidden character would be horrible. Give us some other batman related characters :D
I agree I really don't like superman. They should give us alternative costumes. And maybe when we do a new game let us play as Joker.

CorruptGreed
9th Mar 2009, 03:53
I agree I really don't like superman. They should give us alternative costumes. And maybe when we do a new game let us play as Joker.
i would love a batman beyond costume, and it would be great if they allow you to do story mode with joker if you beat bats story mode in hard difficulty or something to that effect

Termix
9th Mar 2009, 13:39
i would love a batman beyond costume, and it would be great if they allow you to do story mode with joker if you beat bats story mode in hard difficulty or something to that effect

Yeah Batman Beyond costume would be pretty cool, maybe some new abilities. Even if the replay value of this game is great, I think without different moves and costumes it could get boring after a while (That would be ok, but this is the only Batman game for the next years i guess). Therefore i loved Batman Forever on SNES, the Multiplayer part had so many characters, was the best fighting game for me to that time.

My suggestion for a hidden character would be :
1. Robin
2. Batman Beyond Costume
3. Nightwing

AND YES I KNOW that many people hate Robin, but if adding him as a secret character opens a coop-mode or a new solo gaming experience it's not too bad.

GoranAgar
9th Mar 2009, 14:00
... but Superman IS a Batman related characters. I have the comic books to prove it. :p

door noob
9th Mar 2009, 15:04
... but Superman IS a Batman related characters. I have the comic books to prove it. :p

the post that you have posted SAYS "OTHER batman related characters"

confirming that superman is a batman related character. Read properly next time...

GoranAgar
9th Mar 2009, 17:43
I am not quite sure, was that snotty remark directed at me?

ICK14
10th Mar 2009, 00:35
Ick. Superman is much too generic, especially his powers. He's super strong, super fast, can fly, has laser vision, and has ice breath that he barely ever uses. He's not edgy, he's not interesting, he's not exciting, his rival is a bald rich guy, and his suit colours clash horrendously. Including Superman in this game would ruin it for me.

I know... Which is why I didn't want him in the game.... But I was just saying it wouldn't kill the realism, and I hate it how people want this game to be totally realistic when its based on a comic book...

HarleyQuinnzel
10th Mar 2009, 04:09

Sorry to have to jump in here, but Superman is not a Batman related Character. Superman was created first, as the "ultimate super hero" and the star of "Action Comics". Then "Detective Comics" was created, and a new type of "hero" was born. Not a Superhero. Just a hero. Someone people can look up to and say "Gee, it was nice of that guy to save my baby from the Joker".

Superman is a superhero of light. He practically ****'s sunshine and happiness. Metropolis is a sunny city. His villians are people harming the whole world. They aren't psychopaths who just want to take you apart to see what makes you tick.
Batman, however, is a dark hero. To coin a phrase, he's "The Dark Knight". His Gotham is dark, dirty, and filled with sick ****'s who make other people's lives worse. They kill for fun and love their life that way. It's fun to make Batman chase them and get them. Then they break out and start things all over.

Superman wouldn't work in this game because Arkham is a dark place. The Psycho's are just that. Psycho. Superman doesn't play mind-games with his people. Batman does. Batman puts up with Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, and Joker.

Superman in Arkham Asylum just doesn't work. Sorry to those who want him. I just don't see it happening.

door noob
10th Mar 2009, 14:25
Sorry to have to jump in here, but Superman is not a Batman related Character. Superman was created first, as the "ultimate super hero" and the star of "Action Comics". Then "Detective Comics" was created, and a new type of "hero" was born. Not a Superhero. Just a hero. Someone people can look up to and say "Gee, it was nice of that guy to save my baby from the Joker".

Superman is a superhero of light. He practically ****'s sunshine and happiness. Metropolis is a sunny city. His villians are people harming the whole world. They aren't psychopaths who just want to take you apart to see what makes you tick.
Batman, however, is a dark hero. To coin a phrase, he's "The Dark Knight". His Gotham is dark, dirty, and filled with sick ****'s who make other people's lives worse. They kill for fun and love their life that way. It's fun to make Batman chase them and get them. Then they break out and start things all over.

Superman wouldn't work in this game because Arkham is a dark place. The Psycho's are just that. Psycho. Superman doesn't play mind-games with his people. Batman does. Batman puts up with Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, and Joker.

Superman in Arkham Asylum just doesn't work. Sorry to those who want him. I just don't see it happening.

everybody already knows batman is dark and superman is light, but i meant in the comic book franchise, even movie frenchise they contribute towards each others duties, htey are team mates aswell.

consider justice league you have batman and superman (other characers aswell) and you are telling me those character are not related there, so... they don't know each other at all, and they have nothing to do with each other lifes at all...

if what you meant was they are not the same in the way they perced in doing thing i agree, but superman is a batman related character and batman is a superman related character.

HarleyQuinnzel
10th Mar 2009, 18:17
everybody already knows batman is dark and superman is light, but i meant in the comic book franchise, even movie frenchise they contribute towards each others duties, htey are team mates aswell.

consider justice league you have batman and superman (other characers aswell) and you are telling me those character are not related there, so... they don't know each other at all, and they have nothing to do with each other lifes at all...

if what you meant was they are not the same in the way they perced in doing thing i agree, but superman is a batman related character and batman is a superman related character.

Did you know that in the Justice League comics Batman carries around a chunk of Kryponite on his belt, just in case Superman does something stupid? What kind of partnership is that? Yes, they work together, but you'll note that Batman just kinda chills at the watch tower or in Gotham until he's needed. Batman doesn't do friends. He got Robin due to guilt. Batgirl pushed her way in. Huntress and Catwoman work with him sparingly (unless you're doing the story line where Catwoman is in love with him).

While I will not deny that Batman and Superman cross quite often, they are not tied into the other's story. Related, yes, but more like second cousins that bump into each other at the family reunion.

door noob
10th Mar 2009, 18:59
Did you know that in the Justice League comics Batman carries around a chunk of Kryponite on his belt, just in case Superman does something stupid? What kind of partnership is that? Yes, they work together, but you'll note that Batman just kinda chills at the watch tower or in Gotham until he's needed. Batman doesn't do friends. He got Robin due to guilt. Batgirl pushed her way in. Huntress and Catwoman work with him sparingly (unless you're doing the story line where Catwoman is in love with him).

While I will not deny that Batman and Superman cross quite often, they are not tied into the other's story. Related, yes, but more like second cousins that bump into each other at the family reunion.

Well the chunk of kryptonite is for safe purposes incase superman gose insane and trys to destroy "stuff" or kill people. That kind of partnership is for prcoutions for the leauge world universe, etc. Superman even knows and approved of that.

When did we get into friendship, an cousins?

My point was that they were releated not as in family mebers, but each of them influences the others universe or their "ways". As in having reference two things being associated with each other.

GoranAgar
11th Mar 2009, 16:48
Superman gave Batman the Kryptonite. I remember a ring. Was it a Kryptonite ring?

As for their relationship, I remember the time after Supermans resurrection when he suddenly had this awful long hair. First time they meet Batman says: Are you going hippy on us?

:lmao:

Batman, never afraid to speak out the truth. :thumbsup:

SupermanSMASH
11th Mar 2009, 18:15
This game should have Superman in it... and Green Lantern. And Aquaman. And Wonderwoman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Wonder Twins (just Jayna; no Zan), Apache Chief....Best game EVER.

No wait. That's a dumb idea for a game titled, "Batman:Arkham Asylum". Hopefully they have it so you can only play Batman and fight against Batman villains in a scary place like..say...Arkham. *fingers crossed*

Why So Serious ?
19th Jun 2009, 14:31

Looks like PS3 took my idea.

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 14:40
I don't hate him, he is kind of cool but have you ever met someone that is sooo nice that you just to want to punch them on the face? That is how I feel about superman, too bad that he could break me by just looking at me. I do feel that having superman there wouldn’t benefit the dark environment that this game is trying to reflect and it will also kill the realism of the game, but maybe that's just me.

Superman can be dark aswell, he just doesn't reflect it thru his suit like Batman does.

You are the lamest fanboy there is. :p

Superman's home planet is in a jar bottle by Brainiac which he still hasn't been able to put back to normal size, his own home earth is attacked from inside and out by people such as Lex Luthor and then we got aleins such as Mongul, Brainiac and whatnot. Superman's colors might clash horrendously to you but have you seen any great art of him? Its really easy to show it all works out. Also Superman is generic? Have you seen all the hard morals he has even? -_-

Looks like PS3 took my idea.

Actually the very first information we received of B:AA from Gameinformer hinted a playable Joker. =p

Batmanhill6157
19th Jun 2009, 15:25
I dont get all of this Superman hate. And for those saying that Superman will kill the realism of this game, open your eyes. We have Killer Croc (yeah super realistic) and a plant controlling woman Poison Ivy.

It's based off the comics, realism doesn't matter nearly as much. Get off of the Nolan Batman and keep that for his films

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 15:29
I mean i disagree Superman being on this game cuz that would just make it too easy for Batman, but all this hate for Superman is ridicilously stupid.

If Tim Burton had made that Superman: Reborn movie with Nicholas Cage as Superman fightning Doomsday and giant-mecha-spider-robot Brainiac we would see alot more Superman fans and alot less hate.

Zombie-Gamer
19th Jun 2009, 15:50
Its been said before but I wouldn't mind Superman as a boss like in Hush....... well I just wanna see Batman kick the livin' kyptonite outta Superman

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 15:52
Its been said before but I wouldn't mind Superman as a boss like in Hush....... well I just wanna see Batman kick the livin' kyptonite outta Superman

Not possible and you know it! ;)

Nightwing
19th Jun 2009, 16:09
Not possible and you know it! ;)

Frank Miller might disagree :p

Anyways, just thought I'd drop in my two cents, for what they're worth. I do like Superman... it's nice to have a hero devoted to pretty much pure virtue... however I don't feel he'd be at home in this game. Pragmatism is the name of Batman's game ;) and adding Superman would remove that from the feel of the asylum. After all, it's all about Batman's "worst night" as Sefton and Paul (The Crockster) put it. Superman would make Batsy's life far too cushy in that situation. Plus I don't feel the game would benefit from his addition. The best bit about their relationship (IMHO) is the bits of uncertainty with where they stand. In the asylum, there would be no uncertainty.

So yeah, keep Supes and Batsy teaming up for a justice league/world's finest game.

BatFan
19th Jun 2009, 16:15
I'm just gonna release my Batfan opinion for a sec here: NO! NO NO NO NO NO! ENOUGH WITH OTHER SUPERHERO CAMEOS GODDAMN IT! ENOUGH!! NO!

On a civilized note: I think Superman has no place in this game, and Batman should remain alone. I feel the game is primarily more about Batman and less about the whole DC universe. The game is more or less done so enough with these threads.

MCREF
19th Jun 2009, 17:07
Personally both as a fan of Supes and a Batman fan, I never want to see either of them in the other's game unless that game is supposed to be a team up. They're the superhero odd couple. Great together at times, but seriously they have their own lives and it would lose flavor to repeatedly pair the two every chance they got. If anything, I'd rather Rocksteady make a Superman game. Heck, why resurrect one failed game franchise and make it awesome when you can resurrect two? lol

angleslam99
19th Jun 2009, 18:29
I totally forgot I posted in this topic, but now that it's been a few months I wouldn't mind a Superman cameo. Like maybe at the end when Batman finally has everything under control and we hear "Long night?" and Batman looks over and sees Superman hovering nearby. They both can nod at each other, that's all that needs to be said and done. Then have Superman fly off.

It probably won't happen, but that would be a pretty cool ending considering that Batman and Superman are friends.

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 18:31
Superman in the character biography would be cool, since they are best friends practically.

door noob
19th Jun 2009, 18:38
Superman in the character biography would be cool, since they are best friends practically.

I see their behaviour more of a brotherlt status, since they are alway disagreeing on topic's, and what not, but best friend's is okay.

The_Hylden
19th Jun 2009, 20:23
It looks like a lot of the haters of Supes left the building a while ago, thank goodness. They were irritating as this wasn't the first thread it came up in. I remember posting a much longer rant in another thread...

Ryanodamonkey
19th Jun 2009, 22:02
Is it just me or is Superman a bit of a tool sometimes? Pretty much another character explains it to him and he pauses....... repeats much more simply what they said and the fact that he doesn't come up with a way to stop people using kryptonite on him, seriously?! Get a new suit supes!

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 22:32
Is it just me or is Superman a bit of a tool sometimes? Pretty much another character explains it to him and he pauses....... repeats much more simply what they said and the fact that he doesn't come up with a way to stop people using kryptonite on him, seriously?! Get a new suit supes!

I'm pretty sure he has become immune to Kryptonite by now, in elseworld stories where he is older he definatly has but i don't read it montlhly. Kryptonite is the thing that can kill him and he has allowed the world to know this incase he goes rogue, thats how much faith he has in humanity. :) I mean he even gave kryptonite to the American goverment and Batman.

Superman has had his moral things too but you could almost say the same about Batman. Batman almost killed the Joker and who was there to stop him? Jim Gordon. When Superman almost killed Lex Luthor who was there for him? Batman.

Rareless09
19th Jun 2009, 22:45
Superman? :lol:

Seriously though, Superman started out as a decent character until the parameters on his powers just got way too large:

Super Speed (Land)
Super Speed (Air)
Super Hearing
X-Ray Vision
Heat Ray Vision
Arctic/Super Breath
Super Strength
Invulnerability

Its practically impossible to create compelling situations for a character with that many powers. To be honest that Doomsday fight would've lasted 30secs. Superman can just freeze him and throw him into the sun! But do you know why that doesn't happen? Because the writers need to make it interesting. So they'll just hope you forget he can do all that stuff and actually make you think he'll lose.

And his weakness? A chunk of rock:rolleyes:
Kryptonite makes Superman weaker than a normal human to the point where Kal Penn gives him a beating! Sorry, but that's waaay too wimpy. If Superman was smart he'd learn martial arts so he could fight back when he was weakened by Kryptonite. That's the point I guess, Superman is not smart, just a muscle head. Lex Luthor would be a minor villain at best in Gotham (Minor!) because Batman would just pull up the transaction papers on his computer and have him prosecuted.

So you see? Superman is awesome when you're a kid, but when you get older and wise up to the gimmicks, he becomes a superhero benchwarmer:D

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 22:51
Its practically impossible to create compelling situations for a character with that many powers. To be honest that Doomsday fight would've lasted 30secs. Superman can just freeze him and throw him into the sun! But do you know why that doesn't happen? Because the writers need to make it interesting. So they'll just hope you forget he can do all that stuff and actually make you think he'll lose.

But it takes 8-9 minutes from the light to reach the earth, so because of the moving orbits Superman throwing Doomsday to the sun is pretty near impossible. Oh and Doomsday always resurrects and you can't kill him the sameway because he grows a defense shield on that weakness. (For example an Alternative dimension Superman killed Doomsday by melting his brain, so Doomsday naturelly grew a thicker skull and stuff)

And his weakness? A chunk of rock:rolleyes:

Not to mention magic, stronger beings and his moral code can get the best of him such as Batman's. :P

Kryptonite makes Superman weaker than a normal human to the point where Kal Penn gives him a beating! Sorry, but that's waaay too wimpy. If Superman was smart he'd learn martial arts so he could fight back when he was weakened by Kryptonite. That's the point I guess, Superman is not smart, just a muscle head to woo the ladies. Lex Luthor would be a minor villain at best in Gotham (Minor!) because Batman would just pull up the transaction papers on his computer and have him prosecuted.

First of all the kryptonite is pretty much like me zoning you to moon, you couldn't breath so you couldn't do a jack.

Also if Luthor was a Gotham villain he wouldn't be againts Batman, because Batman is a human and Luthor has a admiring thing for him. Batman putting transaction papers and get him prosecuted can't do a jack because of Lex's politcal powers not to mention Lex Luthor could just tell who Batman is... ;)

So you see? Superman is awesome when you're young, but when you get older and wise up to the gimmicks, he becomes a superhero benchwarmer:D

So when does Batman become lame?:rolleyes: Since its obviously an age thing and not a character preference at all, no. Its all biologically explained.:rolleyes:

Black sabbith102
19th Jun 2009, 22:58
I believe Batman and superman should be left separate. I know some will say they worked great together in previous episodes and such but I think its just lame. If for some odd reason the creators of the game decide to be idiots and put superman in the game there would be no way to stop the man of steel. he could clean all of Arkham out in a matter of minutes. therefor it would be a complete FAILURE.......

not to sound too harsh ....lol

Rareless09
19th Jun 2009, 23:08
But it takes 8-9 minutes from the light to reach the earth, so because of the moving orbits Superman throwing Doomsday to the sun is pretty near impossible. Fact: with a strong enough force you can have an exit speed that breaks gravitational orbit. So with his strength it is possible.

Oh and Doomsday always resurrects and you can't kill him the sameway because he grows a defense shield on that weakness. (For example an Alternative dimension Superman killed Doomsday by melting his brain, so Doomsday naturelly grew a thicker skull and stuff) That is exactly the type of gimmick I'm talking about.

Not to mention magic, stronger beings and his moral code can get the best of him such as Batman's. :P
Isn't everybody vulnerable to magic? That's another gimmick.

First of all the kryptonite is pretty much like me zoning you to moon, you couldn't breath so you couldn't do a jack.
That's not the point, its that it makes him too weak. You've got an overbalance on two sides of the scale. Phenomenal cosmic powers and ultra whimpiness.

Also if Luthor was a Gotham villain he wouldn't be againts Batman, because Batman is a human and Luthor has a admiring thing for him. So Luthor's admiration for Batman makes him no longer a criminal?

Batman putting transaction papers and get him prosecuted can't do a jack because of Lex's politcal powers not to mention Lex Luthor could just tell who Batman is... ;) So politicians can't go to jail?

So when does Batman become lame?:rolleyes: Since its obviously an age thing and not a character preference at all, no. Its all biologically explained.:rolleyes:
Its not about a character preference or an age thing. Its about how you construct the character to make them interesting. A character that cannot be believably challenged has no appeal.

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 23:13
Fact: with a strong enough force you can have an exit speed that breaks gravitational orbit. So with his strength it is possible.

But now you're also presuming Doomsday can't get out of the ice so....

Isn't everybody vulnerable to magic? That's another gimmick.

Which one is dumber: Kryptonite or the color yellow? You decide. Also again i'm hoping someone who reads Superman montlhy can inform us has Superman canonically gotten immune to the kryptonite.

That's not the point, its that it makes him too weak. You've got an overbalance on two sides of the scale. Phenomenal cosmic powers and ultra whimpiness.

Well the only place i see the kryptonite OVER used is the damn movies. :P

So Luthor's admiration for Batman makes him no longer a criminal?

Do you even know why Lex Luthor dislikes Superman?

So politicians can't go to jail?

Do you know how much political power Luthor has and do you think a mere prison can stop Luthor? Thats like saying Joker can be stopped by putting him in Arkham. =p

Its not about a character preference. Its about how you construct the character to make them interesting. A character that cannot be believably challenged has no appeal.

So how is Wolverine so popular then?:rolleyes:

Rareless09
19th Jun 2009, 23:28
Drazar, I admire your unyielding support for Superman, obviously this conversation could go on forever. To me and others he's just not an inspiring character. I believe I voiced legitimate concerns about the nature of Superman that haven't been addressed. The Wolverine thing speaks for itself.

Sivart
19th Jun 2009, 23:34
From time to time I've had similiar issues with Batman, specifically, as Drazar calls him, "Bruce the Batgod."

So he's human storywise, show me one human capable of all that in real life. What's his weakness? Seriously? A gun? How many times has he avoided gunfire? Been shot but still gets away? And what's more, he's an arrogant, sociopathic, angry "emo" manchild.

"You're just a little boy in a playsuit, crying over mommy and daddy. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic." - Joker in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Personally, I'm not worried about Superman personally being challenged. I dont' mind his person being invulnerable, I've found Superman to be about morals. He's a good guy that, guess what, is GOOD. I like that. And his powers are what make the name fit, in my opinion.

Also, I've never found Wolverine compelling, interesting, or even 'cool'. He's like a cross between Superman and Batman in enough ways for me to loose all interest in him. Neigh-invincible raging manchild.

Drazar
19th Jun 2009, 23:37
Yeah i can understand them fully, but Superman always isn't show challanged power wise (as Wolverine is) but more of a moral code, because Superman carries the weight of the world, while Wolverine is pretty okay with murdering people for the greater good.

Ensanguined Walls
19th Jun 2009, 23:39
Batman is hardly an angry, emo manchild. Like Superman, he has his moments.

Sivart
19th Jun 2009, 23:51
I know what you mean, but take away the batfamily essentials, and what would Bruce be like? He dresses as a bat and spent two decades obsessively training abroad.

I love Batman, but I do see him as a bit more than a little unwell.

stoobytoons
20th Jun 2009, 01:42
What so you think abot the idea of having a level where superman comes to help batman and then you get to play as him, or have him as a character to download online as a DLC.

I don't like that idea.

Duskman
21st Jun 2009, 07:49

What r u talking about? Kryptonite isn't Superman's only weakness. I mean every1 thinks that Superman is this invulnerable all powerful guy, when really it's just that he's stronger and more invulnerable than most things on Earth and sum other planets. I mean first off Doomsday is more powerful than him, magic affects him, other character besides Doomsday can match his strength such as Darkseid and Mongal, not to mention other Kryptonians. I swear all u people who hate Superman just 4 those reasons just make me sick. I mean like I know every1 has a right to their opinion, but I mean c'mon look up ur facts b4 u say something stupid like that. Oh btw yeah I don't think Superman would work in this game. I'm only saying this cuz I mean Superman doesn't really fit in2 a story like this, I mean maybe Batman would fit in2 a Superman game, but not Superman in a Batman game, well at least not this 1.

The_Hylden
21st Jun 2009, 12:18
Superman's biggest weakness is a shared weakness with Batman: he cares for human life. Not only that, but he cares to try and uphold the respectful beliefs of the people on this planet, and number 1 of them the US (simply because of democracy and the fact he grew up here -- if he grew up in England, perhaps it would be there instead). Not withstanding the rich explanations of this in comic lore, but I think it was found out and said best by Zod in Superman II. "This "Super-Man" is nothing of the sort. I've found out his weakness... He cares... He actually cares for these humans." Superman has always had the choice (until he was shackled by needing a space suit) to leave this planet, if he so chose, but he chose to stay, because he feels that this is his home and humans are his people now. He sacrifices everything to be here on this planet and to defend it, so yes, there's far more to him than his detractors would have people believe. There's a reason he still is the most recognizable superhero, the pinicle of our western iconic legends, like Hercules was to the Greeks (who, incidentally, shares the same weaknesses -- the physical of his heel the most prominent, but caring for others there as well). Now, caring for others is not a weakness, actually. However, when those against you can use those people's lives against you being able to act, it winds up being so. As Goku said (yup, going over to anime now), "I don't think having feelings is a weakness..." and "My feelings are my guide." Both, somewhat accurate translations from the Japanese. the point is, one who puts others above themselves has it rough in the fact those others are then used by cowards he faces. Batman is such a hero. Self sacrifice is the greatest of sacrifices, imo. Those who use that against them are the worst of cowards, and as Bruce Wayne called criminals, they are a "cowardly lot." :p

Turn and Face the Strange
21st Jun 2009, 14:37
Realism? WHAT REALISM?!?!? Its a game based on a COMIC BOOK!!! There is a guy with Green skin and is like 10 feet tall! Having Superman in the game wouldn't kill the realism.... But that doesn't make it a good idea. A Superman cameo would be kinda stupid in my book.

Right, a guy with a horrible mutated disease is less realistic than an all-powerful invincible super-powered alien who rus around with his underwear over his tights?

lol but yeah. Superman + Batman: Arkham Asylum = No No

ambush king
21st Jun 2009, 19:21
i have to agree No to a superman Cameo

Stargate21
21st Jun 2009, 19:56
No, I don't want Superman to appear in the game. This is a Batman game. If I want a game with Superman, then I'll buy a Superman game. It would not surprise me if Rock Steady gets the DC comics license after this game and try their hand on a Superman game. From what I have seen and played so far they are doing an impressive job with Batman. If they try to make a Superman game they very well may make the first good Superman game, as Batman: Arkham Asylum appears to be the game that the character Batman always deserved.

vicsage
21st Jun 2009, 20:06
Superman has no place in this game.

That said, I still admire the character. He is the ultimate super hero who has unfortunately become a cliche in the eyes of some. Not every hero has to be dark, brooding, and a mental case to be a positive force of good in the world...and if that's what it takes to get people excited, then we're really living in different times.

I get the feeling that the majority of people who hate Superman haven't read any of his stories. He's an alien being defending a planet and people that he's come to love. Sometimes he does feel alone (similar to Batman) but what seperates him from the The Dark Knight is that he plays strictly by the rules. He could kill you in a nanosecond but instead he's chosen to sacrifice his powers in the name of justice.

That's why he's Superman.

vicsage
21st Jun 2009, 20:09
No, I don't want Superman to appear in the game. This is a Batman game. If I want a game with Superman, then I'll buy a Superman game. It would not surprise me if Rock Steady gets the DC comics license after this game and try their hand on a Superman game. From what I have seen and played so far they are doing an impressive job with Batman. If they try to make a Superman game they very well may make the first good Superman game, as Batman: Arkham Asylum appears to be the game that the character Batman always deserved.

Indeed. A Rocksteady Studios' Superman game?

Oh, I'd play that!

Ensanguined Walls
21st Jun 2009, 20:13
No, I don't think a Superman cameo would fit with this game. This is one adventure that Batman needs to take alone, and having a sudden Superman cameo just for the sake of seeing him for a few seconds would be very odd. He's a wonderful character and one of DC's finest, but this is a Batman game that needs to focus on Batman.

As someone else said, save Superman for another videogame resurrection.

KillerCroc
21st Jun 2009, 20:14
Right, a guy with a horrible mutated disease is less realistic than an all-powerful invincible super-powered alien who rus around with his underwear over his tights?

lol but yeah. Superman + Batman: Arkham Asylum = No No It's skin cancer...you people dissapoint me. :(

vicsage
21st Jun 2009, 20:23
It's skin cancer...you people dissapoint me. :(

Fear not, I think there's been so many incarnations of the Killer that some people just don't get it.

But if someone's implying that Superman appearing in this game would be unrealistic...I really think you've seen Nolan's Batman films too many times. Croc is massive in this game and Poison Ivy is using giant plants to eat people. Realism is kind of out the door.

Still, Superman does not belong here.

ggratchet
3rd Nov 2009, 05:51
Idea: Superman never mentioned in the game at all, otherwise it would ruin the game. However, downloadable ($?) characters to play the game as to create a different gameplay experience. Play the game as a FPS?, purchasable characters from other game series : I would pay money to play Arkham Asylum as Nathan Drake from Uncharted, using his abilities and movesets.

Nemesis296
3rd Nov 2009, 12:58
Idea: Superman never mentioned in the game at all, otherwise it would ruin the game. However, downloadable ($?) characters to play the game as to create a different gameplay experience. Play the game as a FPS?, purchasable characters from other game series : I would pay money to play Arkham Asylum as Nathan Drake from Uncharted, using his abilities and movesets.

No, just no. We've already been told that the DLC is done for now, no plans for future DLC. FPS makes no sense. Plus, asking for the ability to play Nathan Drake from Uncharted is just asking for a console war. Also, you probably shouldn't bump 5 month old threads either ;)

Batman The Trailer Hunter
3rd Nov 2009, 22:25
you probably shouldn't bump 5 month old threads either ;)

^^^^THAT!:mad2:

Nightwing
6th Nov 2009, 16:06

I love that idea. Generally I like to see Batman interact with others in the DC universe. Many of us wanted to see Robin or Nightwing make at least a cameo in the sequel, no reason why Sups can't make a cameo. And no reason why Bats can't hand his butt to him if he's a boss. After all, Batman carries kryptonite around in his utility belt :p It'd be a total repeat of the battle between them in Hush.

Though I'd rather see Nightwing in the sequel... pretty please?

angleslam99
7th Nov 2009, 07:52
Metropolis was mentioned in the game, so was it ruined for you guys? No, because Batman is a part of the DC Universe which includes Superman.

angelus0901
7th Nov 2009, 10:42
I would definitely like to see Superman in a Batman game, and vice-versa.... Superman is my favorite superhero, and then it's Batman... ;)

thebatman226
7th Nov 2009, 10:56
Metropolis was mentioned in the game, so was it ruined for you guys? No, because Batman is a part of the DC Universe which includes Superman.

Mentioning metropolis and having superman actually appear visually in the game are totally different things.

Drazar
7th Nov 2009, 11:53
For those saying Superman would ruin the mood of the game. How does his apperance ruin the mood? How is Batman's alien friend going to ruin anything?

The_Hylden
7th Nov 2009, 12:14
Some people just want Batman to be in a dark cave, brooding, or yelling out random obscenities to the shadows 24/7, and lines like, "I WORK ALONE!!" and "MY PARENTS ARE DEEAAAD!!" Too bad Batman has 3 Robins (one, his son...), an Oracle, like five Batwomen (exaggerating:p), good ol' Alfred, a Catwoman, and countless other millions of people, from ordinary to Superhuman, whom he actually DOES interact with in the DC Universe :D "I know! Craazy!"

zx16
12th Nov 2009, 04:10
Green Lantern!

DropkickDisco
12th Nov 2009, 06:36
I think that many of us oppose any Superman cameo because that wouldn't really fit within the context of this particular storyline, which focuses on Batman's mental journey, like A Serious House. No one is saying that he cannot appear in future installments. However, Arkham Asylum has a very dark, isolated mood, and having Superman on the island would just break that atmosphere for me.

Like A Serious House, the mood would be shattered if a flying alien suddenly appeared for no apparent reason. Arkham Asylum's storyline doesn't need Superman.

homeycdawg
12th Nov 2009, 07:07
Nothing wrong with Superman, but not in a Batman game like this. Maybe in a more Justice League oriented game it would feel more appropriate. Batman is part of the league, but he also has his own dark, broody, and alone universe separate from everyone else. I feel like this game reflects the latter of the two. Just my opinion anyway.

Edit: BTW, the storyline for this game totally feels like a modified Batman:TAS version of A Serious House, right down to having to descend into Croc's lair. :)

The_Hylden
12th Nov 2009, 09:03
I agree with the above two commenters for their reasons and it's good to see, though, that another storyline befitting Superman's appearance would not be out of the question to either of you :)

And yes, this is most definitely like an TAS spiritual continuation; with Paul Dini at the helm and the voice cast, it's no wonder it feels that way. :thumb:

Saintnomuse
22nd Nov 2009, 17:20
Hi...I am kind of new to the forums. But this topic caught my attention pretty quickly. Superman fits in quite well in the Batman mythos, but in this game loses its effectiveness. The fact that Batman is pitted alone against an army of madmen and sociopaths, mutated monsters and simple but hordes of thugs is so cool, I really don't want a super powered hero jumping into the fray, even if the Joker had kryptonite as an obstacle.

Just thinking though....Is The Creeper in there?? Something clues in to Jack Ryder in the early part of the game heard on the V.O. "You don't know JACK about Gotham"

MandalorianWrath
22nd Nov 2009, 17:41
As much as I would not like Superman be introduced in the Batman films, I would love to see him appear in the Arkham Asylum game universe, I think he would fit perfectly in there.

Actually I was thinking that they could have him in the next one -if it ever gets made- maybe in a level where you have to fight him, rather than a level in which he helps you. It'd be great to have a part in the next game where you don't feel as invincible as you did throughout the whole first game. Superman would be a great opponent, if you had to avoid him at all costs and find a way to use elements from the environment to slow him until you find some kryptonite to use against him.

kain9998
26th Nov 2009, 17:46
Alot of you guys need to lay off. He was stating that he thought it would be cool ok? If you don't think so you don't need to scream at him. Sorry to the people that this does not apply to, but for the people who did all the yelling and crying, your being very rude. He JUST joined the forums for petes sake, cut him some slack. And thank you to those of you who were actually nice in stating your opinion. :)

butterskenny
26th Nov 2009, 18:55
Hi...I am kind of new to the forums. But this topic caught my attention pretty quickly. Superman fits in quite well in the Batman mythos, but in this game loses its effectiveness. The fact that Batman is pitted alone against an army of madmen and sociopaths, mutated monsters and simple but hordes of thugs is so cool, I really don't want a super powered hero jumping into the fray, even if the Joker had kryptonite as an obstacle.

Just thinking though....Is The Creeper in there?? Something clues in to Jack Ryder in the early part of the game heard on the V.O. "You don't know JACK about Gotham"

No, there should be radio somewhere in the Asylum (Can't remember where exactly), with reporter "Jack Ryder" talking, scan the radio.

yisraelavila
28th Nov 2009, 02:22
I just want the next one to be multiplayer! If you have time to indulge in my "Nerdism" here is the plea I sent yo Eidos (Any help pushing this would be nice!)

Before you just write this email off as just another fan letter, or misguided suggestion by an uninformed consumer, I ask that this be “One of those letters” you would actually take time to read and consider.
First I would like to say Batman: A.A, is one of the most adventurous well made games I have ever played.
That being said, I’m sure you have gotten a mountain of letters asking “why is there no multiplayer, or
co-op”? I would like to state that the format in which the game is designed around, doesn’t “seem” like multiplayer Co-Op would be integrated without some kind of fundamental compromise to the game play.
However, if you would bare with me, I would like to make a suggestion that may offer a compromise that would indeed improve this element, not impair it. First of all lets talk about “The Preservation” of the current game play standard instituted in Batman: A.A. Example; Stealth, while it’s easy to fool the A.I as to Where you are mysteriously attacking from, if you were up against a human player, they could simply look up and nail you, this posses a bit of a snare. There are some clever tricks that could be implemented to counter act this problem.

A. Make it so when batman is in one of these “stealth positions on top a gargoyle, ect, that until the other player pushes say LB, while looking at you, you appear invisible, or very translucent to them. In other words your distance away from their position while in a “Stealth Area (Gargoyle)” determines how solid you appear to the opposing player, while your co-op buddies see you no problem.

B. What should multiplayer on this game be like? Well I can tell you as a gamer, I LOVE to play with MY CIRCLE OF FRIENDS! (And if a game doesn’t allow it, I don’t buy it.) A game that has greatly revolutionized how this is accomplished, is the Left 4 Dead franchise. Example you have say 8 to 12 empty slots 4 to 6 good guys, versus 4 to 6 bad guys, if you don’t have enough players, then perhaps A.I takes over unselected characters like L4D. (Make sure players have plenty of classic characters to choose from)
If everyone is playing main characters, then you can keep you’re A.I. thugs, and keep the stealth game play aspect unchanged. However if you simply design Arena Based Versus battles to compensate multiplayer, you will severely waste time and money, because we will not care. It needs to seem to flow like a story or episode of Batman, just as (risking being redundant) L4D has done, each “Campaign (key word) feels like a short 45 min to an hour long movie. As a bad guy I could on certain stages of the campaign go ahead of Batman, and set up thugs and traps. For the Bad guys, their game play element would be a very different experience or type of game play than what Batman and friends would have, there by expanding the games overall versatility, keeping it very fresh. Of course combat would work out about the same.

C. Gotham City!, despite what most gamers “think” they want, I think sandbox style game play would destroy the feel of what this game is. That being said, it should definitely be big enough environments
And objectives, that it “feels” very open. Different missions selected, take us to different parts of Gotham City, but don’t necessarily determine WHO you fight (you want to let them play who they want to play), its just a different map, with a different game play style, and different objectives, i.e hostages, bank robberies, attack on the city, ect. Perhaps a few good cinematic interactive Bat mobile chases in between.