PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Villain

HA HA HA
19th Feb 2009, 19:29
I just want to know who you guys like and for what reason. I know most will say Joker but If so let me hear it. Also if you know your favorite is not in the game do you want him in. My favorite is Scarecrow. I'm pretty sure he is in the game. I just hope he isn't a boss that is easy to take down, or one that stays at a distance and relies on gadgets to kill batman. I always hated those boss fights.

imbatman08
19th Feb 2009, 19:38
Mine is Bane.. the reason for it is because Bane broke the Batman and that has never been done..

They have yet to confirm him but iv seen his name in the maybe list.. I just rele hope he's in this game:D

Kai Rei
19th Feb 2009, 19:56
Phantasm. why? Because her character design pwn's. :p

CrashxUae
19th Feb 2009, 20:11
Two-Face .

Zsasz
19th Feb 2009, 20:37
Contrary to my name, it's The Riddler, I always loved villains who rely on their mind instead of their brawn.

zurc136
19th Feb 2009, 22:32
The Joker and Bane. Bane is the only villain I can think of whose smarts match his strength.

angleslam99
19th Feb 2009, 22:37
Riddler, Ra's Al Ghul & the Scarecrow

Darth
19th Feb 2009, 23:01
Hmm... Well, it'd be hard to choose just one, so in no particular order...

Harley Quinn, Joker, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Bane, and Clayface.

Wigglez
20th Feb 2009, 00:49
Mine has always been Victor Freeze.

Harley-Quinn
20th Feb 2009, 01:05
My gal Harley. She's just too good to pass up, then of course there's her Puddin' as well as Red.

stefanator600
20th Feb 2009, 02:06
Yeah definitly the Joker(Mark Hamill), I love him more than Batman, if Batman were to die, then The Joker should be the one to off him. Harley Quinn is pretty sweet also, not to mention attractive, I loved her in Batman TAS. :poke:

CodeBlack
20th Feb 2009, 14:49
Yeah definitly the Joker(Mark Hamill), I love him more than Batman, if Batman were to die, then The Joker should be the one to off him. Harley Quinn is pretty sweet also, not to mention attractive, I loved her in Batman TAS. :poke:

Sadly, Batman's dead in the comics right now, killed by Darkseid a few weeks ago.

Anyway, my fave villains are definitely Joker and Two Face (The Long Halloween is my favorite Batman story). Second favorite is Riddler, but only if he's done right.

k1ll1ng j0k3
20th Feb 2009, 16:01
Sadly, Batman's dead in the comics right now, killed by Darkseid a few weeks ago.

Anyway, my fave villains are definitely Joker and Two Face (The Long Halloween is my favorite Batman story). Second favorite is Riddler, but only if he's done right.
Well technically he is not dead. The omega beam takes you to different realities, each one worse than the one you were before… anyway I have to go with The Joker, I find him very enigmatic and philosophically deep, like Edgar Allan Poe said “Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence, whether much that is glorious, whether all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought, from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” Does not that apply perfectly to The Joker?

batdude
21st Feb 2009, 01:11
Bane, because he has a goal not too far fetched like all the Joker's schemes, don't get me wrong I love the Joker, but Bane just wants to kick the crap out of Batman. He is also extremely smart, it was terrible what they did to him in Batman & Robin, well the movie sucked anyway. Bane holds his own physically and mentally, so that's why he's awesome :)

Also, the joker is awesome, but I prefer a villain who can actually bring down the Bat single handedly, Joker plays with the mind a lot, and he's great because of that, but I just like Bane more.

Zsasz
22nd Feb 2009, 14:54
Come on people, give some love to old E. Nygma, the Riddler was the perfect villain in his green suit and bowler-hat years, he was extremely smart and cunning, yet he was also mquite insane himself, being physically compelled to leave riddles after every crime. The Joker was awesome, but The Riddler was the more quiet type of insane, the kind who you always say was such a nice boy before you find like fifty human faces in his freezer.

Also, the Scarecrow was awesome, but I'm not a fan of the whole scarebeast thing they've started to do with him.

door noob
22nd Feb 2009, 16:22

Well technically he is not dead. The omega beam takes you to different realities, each one worse than the one you were before… anyway I have to go with The Joker, I find him very enigmatic and philosophically deep, like Edgar Allan Poe said “Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence, whether much that is glorious, whether all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought, from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” Does not that apply perfectly to The Joker?

dudes spoilers.

magic_girl_z
23rd Feb 2009, 00:38
Riddler, Ra's Al Ghul & the Scarecrow - I always loved the characters that actually used intellect instead of just been a beat 'em up. :whistle:

The Sparrow
4th Mar 2009, 00:11
I like all the characters, except for thr penguin (he reminds me of some idiot in school, so when batman hits the penguin, I imagine it's the kid.) Anyway, each character plays an important role in the bat-story. Joker, poison ivy, bane, the riddler (Jim carrey did an OK job, not my fav), Mr. freeze, scarecrow, two face, harley quin, mad hatter (everyon forgets him), killer croc, exetra. All of them, except bird boy, are pretty awesome in my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BTASVillains.jpg

Sorry, not all shown. Thanks to Batman TAS.

CapeandCowl
4th Mar 2009, 19:37
Killer Croc

HystericFreak
4th Mar 2009, 21:21
Harley Quinn, because she's just that little bit psychotic, has no real overall plan apart from making her puddin' happy, and because when she puts her mind to something it has a 50-50 chance of working or failing miserably.

Though, I love her not just for the comedic events that surround her, but because she is probably the most 'pathetic' character; she constantly puts herself in situations where she is controlled by someone else, whether it's Mistah J. or Ivy, and though she is a very clever and skilled woman she tends to forget that, or downplay it.

I'm a believer that Harley is much more canny than she lets on, and plays up her bimbo-ness to her advantage. There's a lot to her, and my rambling, meandering post doesn't really eloquently put WHY I like her in a way that makes a lot of sense.

I just woke up, gimme a break. =P

VergilC
5th Mar 2009, 01:43
I would say HARLEY and JOKER are the best villains in Gotham of all time!:lmao:

HarleyQuinnzel
10th Mar 2009, 04:26
Well, I have to say Harley. She just has this aspect to her that you can't help but love. She's psycho, she's sexy, but she's also head-over-heels in love. She gave up everything in her life to be with her puddin. And I respect that.

After her, I like Joker, Ivy, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Penguin and Baby Doll.

Harley-Quinn
10th Mar 2009, 19:20
Harley Quinn, because she's just that little bit psychotic, has no real overall plan apart from making her puddin' happy, and because when she puts her mind to something it has a 50-50 chance of working or failing miserably.

Though, I love her not just for the comedic events that surround her, but because she is probably the most 'pathetic' character; she constantly puts herself in situations where she is controlled by someone else, whether it's Mistah J. or Ivy, and though she is a very clever and skilled woman she tends to forget that, or downplay it.

I'm a believer that Harley is much more canny than she lets on, and plays up her bimbo-ness to her advantage. There's a lot to her, and my rambling, meandering post doesn't really eloquently put WHY I like her in a way that makes a lot of sense.

I just woke up, gimme a break. =P
I totally agree with that! I can not only agree, but also I can relate. I tend to be a door mate for jsut about everyone and act like a bimbo, though I'm not as dumb as I seem. I'm more of a ditz really; extremly clutsy and a bit of an airhead, though there is still some thought juice in my brain!

Here's a side note, I've noticed that the majority of females that love Harley tend to have some sort of screwy relationship with a man who treats them badly. Could it be that she's so popular because she's very relatable?

HystericFreak
10th Mar 2009, 21:02
I totally agree with that! I can not only agree, but also I can relate. I tend to be a door mate for jsut about everyone and act like a bimbo, though I'm not as dumb as I seem. I'm more of a ditz really; extremly clutsy and a bit of an airhead, though there is still some thought juice in my brain!

Here's a side note, I've noticed that the majority of females that love Harley tend to have some sort of screwy relationship with a man who treats them badly. Could it be that she's so popular because she's very relatable?

Could be, could be! I think a lot of ladies like her because she is so dysfunctional. We can all relate to the bimbo mentality, and we all tend to get waked over. We all desperately want someone to look after us too, but someone who isn't going to make all our dreams come true; I know I personally thrive on a little bit of difficulty, on being able to argue and not always getting what I want.

She's relatable because she's just a normal girl, who isn't always right and who does pretty silly things in retrospect, but she does it out of love, and very few could understand that. Love for our Harls, she's just as messed up as the rest of us.

Harley-Quinn
11th Mar 2009, 01:53
Could be, could be! I think a lot of ladies like her because she is so dysfunctional. We can all relate to the bimbo mentality, and we all tend to get waked over. We all desperately want someone to look after us too, but someone who isn't going to make all our dreams come true; I know I personally thrive on a little bit of difficulty, on being able to argue and not always getting what I want.

She's relatable because she's just a normal girl, who isn't always right and who does pretty silly things in retrospect, but she does it out of love, and very few could understand that. Love for our Harls, she's just as messed up as the rest of us.

HA! Amen to that XD. Yeah it is all so very true. I can see her as one giving hope to all of us screwed up ladies. I mean she is going for her goal, even though it continually fails, she never gives up. She is just so friggin' persistant XD. There is just so much more to this bubbly clown girl then the eye can see. And like you said, she is just a normal gal, more normal then the others anyways. She joined for love, while the other gals have some sort of complex story behind their crimes. I'm still not fully sure as to why Catwoman and Ivy are involved in the crime world. Talia and a few others like Roxy and Penguins gals are simple enough, though Harley's is still more relateable.

Here's a thought, if Harley never fell in love with the Joker, but with crime itself, would she still be a loveable character?

I mean that's one of the reasons why I love here. And with Ivy I like her, not only because she's awsome, but also because the relationship she has with Harley, a true friendship. If none of that existed with Harley, would her fans still like her?